179A Bannatyne Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3B0R4Neighborhood:
South AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hermanos.ca/
- Phone: 2049475434x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
(We don't close the lounge between lunch and dinner)
Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
Lounge one hour extra
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Argentinean, South American
- Executive Chef: Mark Pichette
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Fridays and Saturday evenings from 8pm to 11pm, come listen to the tunes of warm South American BossaNova and Salsa music.
A word from Hermanos Restaurant
South American style tapas and wine bar, high energy atmosphere and unique dining experience in the historical Ashdown Warehouse building amongst the hottest theater and nightclub district.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Hermanos Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Winnipeg ›
Hermanos Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (75)special occasion (68)fit for foodies (60)neighborhood gem (50)hot spot (44)late-night find (40)notable wine list (36)romantic (32)great for lunch (27)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014On all of our visits to Hermanos we finally struck gold with a server called Liam. He was attentive , charming and most efficient. He possibly was the reason why we had such a nice experience.Special Features:
- not what expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014service unprofessional and slow waitress reeked with perfume literally turning your stomach. food average at best coffee coldSpecial Features:
- Great for steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We always have a great steak at Hermanos! The atmosphere is great! It is a little loud but still a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodWpgGuyDined on 10/16/2014Hermanos is a "go to" destination for me. I can count on the food and service to be above average whether for lunch or dinner. The wine list compliments the menu and motif. Not really suitable for quiet dinners as it can get loud at times but it is a great place to go with friends and colleagues for a quality experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Service was awsome, food was great. I would recommend to all who visit our city as a place to take in and enjoy.Special Features:
- A good evening outEateverydayDined on 10/11/2014Service was great, food was good and reasonable value and the atmosphere was buzzy without being overwhelming. We were staying on the Waterfront so it was a short walk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere and ServiceMamabe12Dined on 10/10/2014Steaks were great. The salad we ordered was very bland. Said grilled pineapple as number one ingredient but only had one small piece. Other than the salad, the atmosphere is great. Service was really good. Live music on the weekends was a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was here for my sister's stagette..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The ambiance was nice, until our waitress told us that we were essentially getting kicked out at 8 p.m. (when our reservation was at 5:45.) One guest of our party was late, but I didn't appreciate being hurried through what was supposed to be a nice dinner. On top of it, she spilled the candle on the table and didn't bother cleaning it up. We would've stayed and had another bottle of wine, but we got kicked out of our table - we almost got moved to a bar table that had a time limit as well. Thankfully they moved us to a table in the bar and then didn't bother looking after us there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent service and food. It became too noisy by the time we were to leave. Very difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We went with another couple and shared several dishes. All were very nice. Service was professional was able to help with portion sizes (can be difficult when sharing!)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The food was only fair, rather bland and not a great value. Our bill was $60 for lunch which included a $4 upcharge for switching from chips to soup and a $1 add on for tartar sauce with the fish taco. Neither surcharge was mentioned by the waiter. I don't mind paying a bit more for lunch in a nicer restaurant but don't appreciate be nickel and dimed to death.
- I have never been disappointedAlexandraDined on 10/8/2014I look forward to dining at Hermanos and was not disappointed. This restaurant is truly a GEM!Special Features:
- Good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Over all the service was good. Definitely could have had a server come around more often to clean up plates as the were piling up and to take more drink orders but my guest were busy talking so it still went smooth. I'm happy I choose to celebrate my birthday there and will be back soon :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall EnjoyableAnytimeisWinetimeDined on 10/4/2014We recently returned to Hermanos to celebrate an anniversary. We had been there on occasions for dinner before. Great music but could have been a bit more lively. The service was great but lacked a manager or owner that should have done his or hers rounds throughout the night to make sure that each guest received that special attention. These are the things that separate an "experience" from just a dinner or drinks at a restaurant/lounge.The room was ridiculously hot which made it very uncomfortable. Somebody eventually opened the front door, which helped a bit. We will return of course, as it has been a family favorite for birthdays and special occasions before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okay experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014the table we sat was unstable, but asked our server, and he quickly fixed the issue. The service and the food weren't bad. It was a bit pricy.Special Features:
- RestaurantwithheartDined on 10/3/2014Restaurant is a bit on the noisy side but that's because there is energy verifying that its a not so stuffy a place to eat with friends. Waiting staff is very professional and friendly. Love the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, loud roomPlumbertDined on 9/28/2014Hermano's serves a great steak, with interesting and tasty side dishes. They have a good wine list, and the servers are attentive, well-informed, and friendly. The only down side to this visit was the noise level in the restaurant. The place was packed (which is good), and the combination of enthusiastic patrons and brick walls made it so noisy that my date and I couldn't hold a conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014thanks so much for being attentive and accommodatingSpecial Features:
- Always FantasticloveeatingoutDined on 9/23/2014This place has NEVER failed me and I have been at least 10 times. It is my first pick when meeting with the "girls", family, and out of town guests. The service is friendly and casual and attentive. The steaks are better than a few places that are known Winnipeg steakhouses. Its a cool place to hang out. The noise levels get quite high so it is necessary to lean forward to talk.Special Features:
- Hermanoes- Good food- ambience?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Reservation for 10- tried to put us at a table for 8 with one on each end. Asked for the correct amount of table space for each guest so they added on another table for 2 to correct the situation. Cant squish people together like that! Service was okay- mandatory tip ensured she did not have to work hard for it and it clearly showed. We are a tipping group so not impressed. Such a LOUD restaurant that even the staff cant hear the customer's order. Needs sound baffles in ceiling. An easy fix for what otherwise is a great venue and menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyWannabefoodieDined on 9/19/2014This was my first time at Hermanos and I found each menu item to be better sounding than the last. I was in a party of 8 and everyone's food looked sublime. I just loved the ambiance at Hermanos and the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- HermanoslabelloDined on 9/17/2014absolutely amazing. good to come on a weeknight as it isn't so loud (we came on a Wednesday night and it was perfect for discussion and chatter within our 7 people group). I have been to Hermanos several times and will not try anything but the Paella ... to die for!!!! One day (maybe) I will try the steak as I have heard many "yum" reviews / comments about your beef / meat items.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD EXCELLENT SERVICEOUTTOLUNCHDined on 9/15/2014I HAVE BEEN TO HERMANOS BEFORE AND JUST LIKE EVERY TIME THE STAFF ARE FRIENDLY AND ATTENTIVE. THE FOOD IS EXCELLENT AND THE PRICES FAIR. I HVE NOT BEEN FOR DINNER, BUT LOOK FORWARD TO IT IN THE FUTURE.Special Features:
- Very goodCDandJKDined on 9/12/2014Dinner was great. Service was excellent. Our only complaint was that it was a bit loud, at times hard to hear each other across the table. That being said, it was a Friday night and the place was busy (which is good to see). Almost the entire restaurant was filled with the 30-45 age bracket, just as a point of interest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service not so goodkasimDined on 9/9/2014Came highly recommended - the food was good but the server and door staff seemed distracted and disinterestedSpecial Features:
- Sublime Steak!SteakFiendDined on 9/7/2014Incredible dining experience! This is a must-eat, don't miss out on dining here! Perfect food every time, attentive service, and beautiful ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entree...bigexpectationsDined on 9/6/2014I enjoyed the restaurant it was our first time everything tasted good but ...my meal wasn't really hot...I ordered ribs...I was so disappointed ! I did tell the waitress but it didn't seem to affect her...really no concern. Deb Landry
- Fabulous as usual!MovingritealongDined on 9/5/2014I took a friend from Victoria to Hernano's, as it DOES have the best steak around! She called it a meatgasm. Lol. The torrentes wine with the baby Cabrera. A fantastic pairing. Another convert to the religion of hermano-ism. Seriously, I continue, 5 years later, to be a serious fan of hermanos. It is, and will always be, my restaurant of choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below the normILikeToEatDined on 8/30/2014I have eaten at Hermanos a few times and have always had good food and service. So for my birthday I wanted to bring my family to show them why I liked it so much. But our server started out slow, but slowly started to become nicer. But the service was a bit slow overall. We ordered the LgPaella, and the rice was a bit undercooked, all of it was crunchy. We also ordered the "La Cabrera" and asked for a medium rare. When it came out it was burnt all over the outside, but was raw inside. So we had to get it cooked more. In the end, we felt that maybe the reason our food wasn't as good this time was because we went at 5 and the lunch kitchen staff was still on. But I'd go back because this was my only bad experience, but sadly my family won't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsgoodtimesDined on 8/29/2014Quality food, service and great atmosphere. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for pre- theatre dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Friendly attentive service. Perfect place to go for dinner or drinks before theatre or event. Nice selection of foods and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- resreview1Dined on 8/28/2014comfortable atmosphere mid day parking within walking distanceSpecial Features:
- Special was disappointinganonymousDined on 8/28/2014Had the Chili Rubbed Pork special and it was disappointing. No spice on the pork and the "salsa" was hard to find. Other meals for the group were on par with what we are used to though.Special Features:
- 3rd visit not a charmMawcheeDined on 8/27/2014Waitress forgot our appetizer or maybe there was a mix up in the kitchen with our app order. My wife thought her meal the ceviche dish was terrible and the salad was boring...I know it was just a salad. My rib eye was seasoned nicely and prepared as ordered. We didn't complain about the quality of food but the waitress after forgetting our appetizer appeared with 2 gift certificates for the 4 of us for $ 25.00 each . My wife said that she will donate her gift certificates to the work fundraiser because she has had enough of their restaurants
- OkayudontmakefriendswithsaladDined on 8/24/2014Service was fair (bad day for our waitress maybe), food was excellent. The appetizer came out very quickly (calamari) and tasted like it had been cooked a while before we got there, and was only warm not piping hot. We waited a decent amount of time (~45 mins to an hour) for our entrees but it was worth it - their ribeye skewers blew me away. Overall would recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014First time at Hermanos and it lived up to everything we had heard and then some. Food was amazing, staff was attentive but not overbearing, atmosphere was great. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumJuiceDined on 8/21/2014Hermanos offer a few really tasty steaks that are a little different then most places in the city. Service was great and so was the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Dinning ExperienceWoodyDined on 8/17/2014Had a great time. Jazz was being playing in the background which added to the ambiance. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hermano'sFood4thoughtDined on 8/16/2014My husband & I had a 6pm reservation at Hermano's for our anniversary dinner. It was our first time there. We were greeted wonderfully at the door and seated immediately. The food menu selection is fantastic. We both ordered a steak selection and both of our meals were absolutely delicious! We did find our waitress a little "non-interested" so to speak... But maybe it was an "off" day for her?? We all have those once in awhile. Otherwise, I would highly recommend Hermano's. Fantastic food and a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!SteakloverDined on 8/15/2014Great food and service. The only draw back was the noise level. It was almost impossible to hear the person across the table from you.Special Features: