179A Bannatyne Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3B0R4Neighborhood:
South AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hermanos.ca/
- Phone: (204) 947-5434
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
(We don't close the lounge between lunch and dinner)
Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
Lounge one hour extra
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Argentinean, South American
- Executive Chef: Mark Pichette
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Fridays and Saturday evenings from 8pm to 11pm, come listen to the tunes of warm South American BossaNova and Salsa music.
A word from Hermanos Restaurant
South American style tapas and wine bar, high energy atmosphere and unique dining experience in the historical Ashdown Warehouse building amongst the hottest theater and nightclub district.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Hermanos Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Winnipeg ›
Hermanos Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (87)fit for foodies (73)special occasion (71)hot spot (48)neighborhood gem (47)romantic (41)late-night find (41)notable wine list (35)great for lunch (31)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/26/2014We we're a group of 5.. Work meeting. We all had steaks and they were probably the best some if us have ever had as far as flavour goes, unreal. Very happy with our meals, drinks and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theatre diningtheatregoerDined on 11/26/2014Our first dining experience at Hermano's. We had attempted a previous reservation but Hermano's was booked for that evening for our window of time....consequently we surmised that there was a good reason to try again. We enjoyed the ambiance, the food and wine ( selections were varied and interesting so it looks like another visit will be in order ). Our waitress was friendly, professional and proficient. CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cozy SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014I came to Hermanos this weekend. Amazing welcoming vibe. Beautiful decor with a romantic winter night ambiance. Loved the food and the service from Ivy. Will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty TapasAHinthePegDined on 11/21/2014Shared some tapas for lunch. Four for three of us was just perfect, A great way to share a little of everything with everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TamaraDined on 11/12/2014This is our favorite restaurant. It never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best paella 2014LeijdingSwedenDined on 11/8/2014Excellent food and wine, together with Argentinian music in a nearly full restaurant - where the service was at top level !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- De-lish1234Dined on 11/8/2014We had a party of 7, which they accommodated without by complaint (I only made a reso for 6 by accident). Everyone loved their meal. Although there are some expensive items, I had the surf and turf, you definitely get your money's worth. Waitress was wonderful, quick and attentative. Will be back for my next steak craving!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- runnersDined on 11/7/2014A great choice for Friday nite date nite!!!!! It was our first time at the restaurant and we loved it! We'll be sure to go back again. The atmosphere was warm and bustling. The service was fabulous. The food was delicious and hard to choose what to eat because of all the great choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner wasn't as good as lunchDineinthepegDined on 11/7/2014I have dined at this restaurant for lunch many times and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. We chose to make this a dinner destination with friends from the restaurant to be too hot for comfort to noisy too crowded food less than desirable definite wouldn't do dinner again.Special Features:
- snookieDined on 11/7/2014food was excellent. A little noisy, but obviously a popular place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice4forlunchDined on 10/31/2014four of us attended a matinee concert and were looking for a restaurant within walking distance of the concert hall. That is the reason we chose Hermanos. None of us had been there before. We had a wonderful lunch experience, and will definitely return after the next concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGracie24Dined on 10/29/2014My daughter loves this restaurant, especially the natal cashew and fruit salad. She has introduced Hermanos to many of her friends. Whenever there is a birthday or special celebration they all chose this restaurant. I made the reservation for the six girls, explaining this was my Daughters sixteenth birthday. My daughter came home disappointed. Poor service, and they didn't even acknowledge her birthday. Her circle of friends will be looking for a new place to celebrate special occasions, but will probably still return to Hermanos for the salad...it's that good!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceded ExpectationsAnniversarydatenightDined on 10/26/2014We chose to go to Hermanoes to celebrate our anniversary. The first table we were seated at was beside a booth and very dark. We asked if there was another table available. Our 'seater' checked and after showing us what was available, let us pick! The service was fast, friendly, and Nikki was very knowledgeable and accommodating. The food was delicious. We will be going back!Special Features:
- Hermanossandy1234kidsDined on 10/24/2014When we walked in you felt like this was the place to be! Our server was friendly genuine and helpful. The food was delicious. A great place for steak! Noise level was there but it was not distracting from our own conversation and we didnt feel like you had to yell to be heard. It's very unassuming on the outside and very posh on the inside. The steak was so juicy and flavourful that you really didnt need sauce with it. Prices were a tad high and would probably go again only for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We always get a good meal here. We usually have theater or symphony and they always get us completd on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Like This PlaceTimdVIPDined on 10/20/2014Hermanos is a favourite of mine. I like the food and the atmosphere here. I had the paella and that was good; spicy but quite good and a very substantial portion. We ordered the fries with aioli as a shared appetizer. Substantial portion of fries and a very good aioli, however, not enough aioli for the fries. An additional pot of aioli cost an extra $1. That is just small time cheap and when diners are spending over $50 each (impossible not to spend less at Hermanos), gouging $1 just seems in very poor judgement on the part of the restaurant.Special Features:
- AWESOME!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014This was the third time I have dined at Hermanos. As with my other visits, the food, service & ambiance was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent servicedinner4fourDined on 10/18/2014On all of our visits to Hermanos we finally struck gold with a server called Liam. He was attentive , charming and most efficient. He possibly was the reason why we had such a nice experience.Special Features:
- not what expectednotwowDined on 10/18/2014service unprofessional and slow waitress reeked with perfume literally turning your stomach. food average at best coffee coldSpecial Features:
- Great for steakINC88Dined on 10/18/2014We always have a great steak at Hermanos! The atmosphere is great! It is a little loud but still a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodWpgGuyDined on 10/16/2014Hermanos is a "go to" destination for me. I can count on the food and service to be above average whether for lunch or dinner. The wine list compliments the menu and motif. Not really suitable for quiet dinners as it can get loud at times but it is a great place to go with friends and colleagues for a quality experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Service was awsome, food was great. I would recommend to all who visit our city as a place to take in and enjoy.Special Features:
- A good evening outEateverydayDined on 10/11/2014Service was great, food was good and reasonable value and the atmosphere was buzzy without being overwhelming. We were staying on the Waterfront so it was a short walk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere and ServiceMamabe12Dined on 10/10/2014Steaks were great. The salad we ordered was very bland. Said grilled pineapple as number one ingredient but only had one small piece. Other than the salad, the atmosphere is great. Service was really good. Live music on the weekends was a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was here for my sister's stagette..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The ambiance was nice, until our waitress told us that we were essentially getting kicked out at 8 p.m. (when our reservation was at 5:45.) One guest of our party was late, but I didn't appreciate being hurried through what was supposed to be a nice dinner. On top of it, she spilled the candle on the table and didn't bother cleaning it up. We would've stayed and had another bottle of wine, but we got kicked out of our table - we almost got moved to a bar table that had a time limit as well. Thankfully they moved us to a table in the bar and then didn't bother looking after us there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent service and food. It became too noisy by the time we were to leave. Very difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We went with another couple and shared several dishes. All were very nice. Service was professional was able to help with portion sizes (can be difficult when sharing!)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The food was only fair, rather bland and not a great value. Our bill was $60 for lunch which included a $4 upcharge for switching from chips to soup and a $1 add on for tartar sauce with the fish taco. Neither surcharge was mentioned by the waiter. I don't mind paying a bit more for lunch in a nicer restaurant but don't appreciate be nickel and dimed to death.
- I have never been disappointedAlexandraDined on 10/8/2014I look forward to dining at Hermanos and was not disappointed. This restaurant is truly a GEM!Special Features:
- Good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Over all the service was good. Definitely could have had a server come around more often to clean up plates as the were piling up and to take more drink orders but my guest were busy talking so it still went smooth. I'm happy I choose to celebrate my birthday there and will be back soon :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall EnjoyableAnytimeisWinetimeDined on 10/4/2014We recently returned to Hermanos to celebrate an anniversary. We had been there on occasions for dinner before. Great music but could have been a bit more lively. The service was great but lacked a manager or owner that should have done his or hers rounds throughout the night to make sure that each guest received that special attention. These are the things that separate an "experience" from just a dinner or drinks at a restaurant/lounge.The room was ridiculously hot which made it very uncomfortable. Somebody eventually opened the front door, which helped a bit. We will return of course, as it has been a family favorite for birthdays and special occasions before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okay experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014the table we sat was unstable, but asked our server, and he quickly fixed the issue. The service and the food weren't bad. It was a bit pricy.Special Features:
- RestaurantwithheartDined on 10/3/2014Restaurant is a bit on the noisy side but that's because there is energy verifying that its a not so stuffy a place to eat with friends. Waiting staff is very professional and friendly. Love the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, loud roomPlumbertDined on 9/28/2014Hermano's serves a great steak, with interesting and tasty side dishes. They have a good wine list, and the servers are attentive, well-informed, and friendly. The only down side to this visit was the noise level in the restaurant. The place was packed (which is good), and the combination of enthusiastic patrons and brick walls made it so noisy that my date and I couldn't hold a conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014thanks so much for being attentive and accommodatingSpecial Features:
- Always FantasticloveeatingoutDined on 9/23/2014This place has NEVER failed me and I have been at least 10 times. It is my first pick when meeting with the "girls", family, and out of town guests. The service is friendly and casual and attentive. The steaks are better than a few places that are known Winnipeg steakhouses. Its a cool place to hang out. The noise levels get quite high so it is necessary to lean forward to talk.Special Features:
- Hermanoes- Good food- ambience?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Reservation for 10- tried to put us at a table for 8 with one on each end. Asked for the correct amount of table space for each guest so they added on another table for 2 to correct the situation. Cant squish people together like that! Service was okay- mandatory tip ensured she did not have to work hard for it and it clearly showed. We are a tipping group so not impressed. Such a LOUD restaurant that even the staff cant hear the customer's order. Needs sound baffles in ceiling. An easy fix for what otherwise is a great venue and menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyWannabefoodieDined on 9/19/2014This was my first time at Hermanos and I found each menu item to be better sounding than the last. I was in a party of 8 and everyone's food looked sublime. I just loved the ambiance at Hermanos and the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- HermanoslabelloDined on 9/17/2014absolutely amazing. good to come on a weeknight as it isn't so loud (we came on a Wednesday night and it was perfect for discussion and chatter within our 7 people group). I have been to Hermanos several times and will not try anything but the Paella ... to die for!!!! One day (maybe) I will try the steak as I have heard many "yum" reviews / comments about your beef / meat items.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD EXCELLENT SERVICEOUTTOLUNCHDined on 9/15/2014I HAVE BEEN TO HERMANOS BEFORE AND JUST LIKE EVERY TIME THE STAFF ARE FRIENDLY AND ATTENTIVE. THE FOOD IS EXCELLENT AND THE PRICES FAIR. I HVE NOT BEEN FOR DINNER, BUT LOOK FORWARD TO IT IN THE FUTURE.Special Features: