179A Bannatyne Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3B0R4Neighborhood:
South AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hermanos.ca/
- Phone: 2049475434x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
(We don't close the lounge between lunch and dinner)
Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
Lounge one hour extra
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Argentinean, South American
- Executive Chef: Mark Pichette
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Fridays and Saturday evenings from 8pm to 11pm, come listen to the tunes of warm South American BossaNova and Salsa music.
A word from Hermanos Restaurant
South American style tapas and wine bar, high energy atmosphere and unique dining experience in the historical Ashdown Warehouse building amongst the hottest theater and nightclub district.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Hermanos Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Winnipeg ›
Hermanos Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (68)special occasion (65)fit for foodies (58)neighborhood gem (50)hot spot (36)late-night find (33)notable wine list (33)romantic (32)great for lunch (32)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Very goodCDandJKDined on 9/12/2014Dinner was great. Service was excellent. Our only complaint was that it was a bit loud, at times hard to hear each other across the table. That being said, it was a Friday night and the place was busy (which is good to see). Almost the entire restaurant was filled with the 30-45 age bracket, just as a point of interest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service not so goodkasimDined on 9/9/2014Came highly recommended - the food was good but the server and door staff seemed distracted and disinterestedSpecial Features:
- Sublime Steak!SteakFiendDined on 9/7/2014Incredible dining experience! This is a must-eat, don't miss out on dining here! Perfect food every time, attentive service, and beautiful ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entree...bigexpectationsDined on 9/6/2014I enjoyed the restaurant it was our first time everything tasted good but ...my meal wasn't really hot...I ordered ribs...I was so disappointed ! I did tell the waitress but it didn't seem to affect her...really no concern. Deb Landry
- Fabulous as usual!MovingritealongDined on 9/5/2014I took a friend from Victoria to Hernano's, as it DOES have the best steak around! She called it a meatgasm. Lol. The torrentes wine with the baby Cabrera. A fantastic pairing. Another convert to the religion of hermano-ism. Seriously, I continue, 5 years later, to be a serious fan of hermanos. It is, and will always be, my restaurant of choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below the normILikeToEatDined on 8/30/2014I have eaten at Hermanos a few times and have always had good food and service. So for my birthday I wanted to bring my family to show them why I liked it so much. But our server started out slow, but slowly started to become nicer. But the service was a bit slow overall. We ordered the LgPaella, and the rice was a bit undercooked, all of it was crunchy. We also ordered the "La Cabrera" and asked for a medium rare. When it came out it was burnt all over the outside, but was raw inside. So we had to get it cooked more. In the end, we felt that maybe the reason our food wasn't as good this time was because we went at 5 and the lunch kitchen staff was still on. But I'd go back because this was my only bad experience, but sadly my family won't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsgoodtimesDined on 8/29/2014Quality food, service and great atmosphere. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for pre- theatre dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Friendly attentive service. Perfect place to go for dinner or drinks before theatre or event. Nice selection of foods and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- resreview1Dined on 8/28/2014comfortable atmosphere mid day parking within walking distanceSpecial Features:
- Special was disappointinganonymousDined on 8/28/2014Had the Chili Rubbed Pork special and it was disappointing. No spice on the pork and the "salsa" was hard to find. Other meals for the group were on par with what we are used to though.Special Features:
- 3rd visit not a charmMawcheeDined on 8/27/2014Waitress forgot our appetizer or maybe there was a mix up in the kitchen with our app order. My wife thought her meal the ceviche dish was terrible and the salad was boring...I know it was just a salad. My rib eye was seasoned nicely and prepared as ordered. We didn't complain about the quality of food but the waitress after forgetting our appetizer appeared with 2 gift certificates for the 4 of us for $ 25.00 each . My wife said that she will donate her gift certificates to the work fundraiser because she has had enough of their restaurants
- OkayudontmakefriendswithsaladDined on 8/24/2014Service was fair (bad day for our waitress maybe), food was excellent. The appetizer came out very quickly (calamari) and tasted like it had been cooked a while before we got there, and was only warm not piping hot. We waited a decent amount of time (~45 mins to an hour) for our entrees but it was worth it - their ribeye skewers blew me away. Overall would recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014First time at Hermanos and it lived up to everything we had heard and then some. Food was amazing, staff was attentive but not overbearing, atmosphere was great. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumJuiceDined on 8/21/2014Hermanos offer a few really tasty steaks that are a little different then most places in the city. Service was great and so was the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Dinning ExperienceWoodyDined on 8/17/2014Had a great time. Jazz was being playing in the background which added to the ambiance. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hermano'sFood4thoughtDined on 8/16/2014My husband & I had a 6pm reservation at Hermano's for our anniversary dinner. It was our first time there. We were greeted wonderfully at the door and seated immediately. The food menu selection is fantastic. We both ordered a steak selection and both of our meals were absolutely delicious! We did find our waitress a little "non-interested" so to speak... But maybe it was an "off" day for her?? We all have those once in awhile. Otherwise, I would highly recommend Hermano's. Fantastic food and a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!SteakloverDined on 8/15/2014Great food and service. The only draw back was the noise level. It was almost impossible to hear the person across the table from you.Special Features:
- juanitaDined on 8/12/2014We celebrated our son's birthday. Was a good experience as all of us (4 in our party) enjoyed all of our dinners. Would recommend to others.Special Features:
- Great TapasExplorerDined on 8/7/2014Great selection. Had grilled chicken. Just enough with a side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014The last time my out-of-town guest visited we had a lovely meal at Hermano's and remembered the Frutto di Mar with great relish. When we ordered that same dish again the other night it was terribly disappointing. The pasta was glutinous and the shrimp overcooked. The whole thing came in a great sticky mass and was not at all the creamy and delicious dish of our memory. For a dinner well over $100 for two (with a bottle of wine) I'm not sure I'd go back again. Having said that, the service was excellent and the waitress very knowledgeable. Too bad the kitchen wasn't up to the same standard.
- DisappointingBaselineDined on 8/3/2014The look of the Hermaos is very nice. The food was just ok. The presentation was poor. The vegetable skewer was a couple little onion slices and a couple of small slices of green pepper. The vegetarian meal was poor. The wine was good.
- Wonderful DinningSteakLoversDined on 7/29/2014We had a wonderful dinner and the service was fantastic It was my husband's birthday and Hermanos was his pick as he loves his steak It did not disappoint as the steak was done to perfection and the sides were delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant to all my friends and family. This was not our first time here and we have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014My friend and I drove from Edmonton, Alberta to Winnipeg, Manitoba to attend a concert and after a long day in the car this restaurant absolutely made our first evening in town perfect. We were able to get a reservation for 10pm but showed up about 15 minutes early just in case. They were able to seat us right away and we were sipping caipirinha's within minutes! And they were delicious. We ordered from the tapas menu and did not have one complaint about any of the food. The servings were a good size and everything tasted so flavorful. There was a band playing music in the background and the atmosphere was very warm and inviting. We were the last ones in the restaurant but never felt pushed to leave. It was a great time! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!PipiDined on 7/18/2014Hermanos had a busy a bustling atmosphere. Some great music playing in the background, it was a shame we couldn't hear it over the noise! The staff were attentive and Helpful and the food delicious. We will be back most definitely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedMandDDined on 7/18/2014My husband had been looking forward to this dinner and were very disappointed. The Cesar salad dressing tasted like mayo, my steak had good flavour as well as my husbands but the side dishes were awful, The potatoes were gummy and way too much garlic almost bitter(and I love garlic), the mushrooms were very bland and the corn was way over cooked. The service was just ok nothing special. We expected much better from reviews we had read, we had a 6pm seating and the place was very quiet to start as the waitress said the cooks were all standing around waiting for the rush. We likely won't be back and give somewhere else a try the next time we are in the city.
- great dinner for usseeksthenewDined on 7/16/2014This was the second time my wife and I dined at Hermanos. Just like the first time the food was superb as was the service. The one thing we found was that the plates has so much food we probably could have split one plate between us Wisconsin for next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary EventSpecialDayDined on 7/15/2014Enjoyed the ambience, the food and the service. Portions sizes were excellent--almost too much. We would visit again!Special Features:
- Won't be backTerryDined on 7/14/2014This was our 2nd visit in the past couple of months, and it'll be our last. Started with the server taking our order without writing anything down and, surprise, the order came out wrong. For a place that really focuses on steaks, it should have chefs that know how to cook them. My daughter ordered her's medium rare & it came back very well done. When we pointed this out to the server, she took it back, then returned to tell us the cook agreed. I don't care if they agreed or not! It was replaced with a blue rare steak which was practically inedible. For the price of the evening, my $$ can be better spent elsewhere.
- TRY THIS PLACE!luvdiningoutDined on 7/12/2014Would ABSOLUTELY recommend this place to everyone! Great food, great service, and lovely atmosphere! And the price was totally reasonable! We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks in the citykateDined on 7/8/2014Great food...great ambiance. A little pricey but worth it. The only drawback is some of the servers seem unfocused. This has happened on multiple trips with different people. You will not be disappointed with the food. It is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I should have tipped moredpalsonDined on 7/6/2014Not to great at the "maths", but I should have been closer to 20-25%. 'Nuff said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FOOD!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014This was my 3rd time to Hermanos and it was as excellent and my other 2 dinners. Love the food, the livliness.Special Features:
- Great FoodeatoutDined on 7/4/2014My wife and I had not been here in awhile. We were quite surprised how good it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food/Ambiance in balanceFoodieFromTheNorthDined on 7/2/2014Food met high expectations ... again!! The Brazilian Ribeye, Argentine Strip, watermelon cucumber salad & empanadas were excellent. Love the atmosphere ... Best in class! Best setting in Winnipeg. Tied to the city's historic past. Servers were attentive & friendly. Looking forward to coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything awesomemattjkDined on 6/29/2014Went here for our anniversary and it beat our expectations once again. Steak was incredible, as usual. Service was even better this time thanks to Cassandra. She seemed to arrive just when we needed her and really talked like she cared about our experience and her job in general. Thank you, Cassandra. Hermanos has become one of my favorite spots in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreenerDined on 6/29/2014Very accomodating for a large group. Initially booked on line for 8 and ultimately they happily accomodated 12. Brought a 10 and 6 year old. No one seemed annoyed. Very lovely food and in particular the ribs and steaks were tasty. My partner has a big appetite and his only complaint was the pasta dish was a little small.Special Features:
- TillyDined on 6/28/2014Unique location. Great atmoshere. Service and food were amazing. Fantastic selection of wines. Would definitely return to try more dishes on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLuv2cookDined on 6/27/20143 of 4 of us tried something new on the meu and in true Herman's fashion everything was outstanding. The ribeye skewers were tender and full of flavor, cooked exactly as requested. The porter house new to the menu, tender and full of flavor definately cooked to,perfection, ilovetocookto be ordered again. Paella was full of shrimp, muscles, chorizo and flavor, definately to order again. The service was exceptional as usual. This is a family favorite for celebrations or just a nice dinner out. Can't wait for our next visit.Special Features:
- FordyDined on 6/25/2014very noisy and loud, not a pleasant anniversary/ bday dinner.
- Great Lunch!maggieDined on 6/24/2014Fabulous lunch.....great service......great food......great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.