Heritage Restaurant (inside Whitney Peak Hotel)
255 N Virginia
Reno, NV 89501Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Heritage Restaurant (inside Whitney Peak Hotel)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.renoheritage.com/
- Phone: 7753985400
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am.
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Mark Estee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Refer to management to check feasibility.
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining rooms which can accommodate up to 30 people a piece.
- Entertainment: Cargo - A live music venue on the Whitney Peak property.
A word from Heritage Restaurant (inside Whitney Peak Hotel)
Heritage is a restaurant that celebrates Reno NV. We serve American Cuisine sourcing local farms and ranches for our products. We draw from local history for inspiration and cook with live fire and wood. Our menu changes daily and is driven by the seasons. Come and enjoy our incomparable hospitality and quality fare, in a uniquely casual setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Heritage Restaurant (inside Whitney Peak Hotel) - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
Heritage Restaurant (inside Whitney Peak Hotel) reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (29)good for groups (28)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (13)special occasion (12)neighborhood gem (12)great for brunch (5)romantic (5)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good experience at the Heritage.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/29/2014Excellent service in a beautiful room. Our waitress was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our meal, especially the appetizers. The herb roasted mushrooms on bread were superb. Only complaint---Baked Nevada wasn't served the same as the picture on website. The dessert was served in a jar, which is cute and still good, but I expected the dessert on a plate w/a mound of meringue with a sage garnish surrounding the cake and ice cream. We would definitely return and recommend the Heritage to our friends. We love a restaurant that uses locally grown ingredients.Special Features:
- pjmorfoodDined on 9/26/2014I never write reviews because there has never been a need to. Took server 20 minuets to bring us our bottle of wine. We were a party of four and three of us got our meals. She forgot to put in the fourth meal. The plates looked like they just threw the food on them. Nobody came over to see how we were doing. Restaurant was empty by 9 pm on a Saturday night. This is supposed to be the "Hot new place in town"
- Nice addition to downtownluvdowntownDined on 9/26/2014Enjoy dining at Heritage. A very nice addition to downtown. Wait staff excellent. Special kudos to Jill and Jen. Thanks to Mark Estee for all he is doing for our downtown. Love the Indian Taco.Special Features:
- Another hit for Reno!legsDined on 9/20/2014Heritage is a very cool, hip restaurant with creative, wonderful food. Fit for foodies! the breakfast dishes were different - ask for cinammon toast and it comes w/ syrup! the ramen was very good. tamale. dinner was wonderful and different! love the local food source.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good place to eatCaptainVIPDined on 9/15/2014Good food, nicely prepared, presented by very attentive servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner OutDellaDined on 9/14/2014Four of our friends had dinner at Heritage and raved about the food and said that we must go. So we went with our friends from Lake Tahoe and we all loved it. Food was excellent, service was excellent, and our cocktails all came as ordered. While the food menu is limited, there is something on it for everyone. Wine list was good but could be improved. We went on a Sunday night and the restaurant was less than half full. I would think that the noise level, if full, might significantly impact the experience in a negative way. Highly recommend.....dress up or go casual....either works.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be backdineinrenoDined on 9/13/2014We were in a bit of a rush so we didn't really get to sit down and really experience the Heritage. We ordered a few appetizers and had a drink. Service was accommodating the food we ordered was good. Definitely will make our way back to enjoy a fuller experience. Nice seeing another quality dining option downtown.Special Features:
- It was something to doDininginRenoDined on 9/11/2014The Heritage was okay. The place looks great a nice add-on to the community and really helps make the downtown area better. The food was over salted. There was nothing to munch on while you waited (at least not in my experience.) The server was very new and I ask what was a great dish I did not get an answer. The fish I had as an add on was prepared nicely (however about 3 oz.) but the salad was not good. It took awhile to get our food. Make sure it is a long lunch. I am not opposed to trying it out again because it "looks" so nice.
- Give it a shotbijililiDined on 9/6/2014The menu felt limited, however the food was delicious (was their for breakfast). Recommend: if you are a coffee drinker, get the white chocolate! So good. Service took a while to get to our table just for drinks, which is always awkward but overall the waitress was sweet and we tipped fair. You are half paying for the ambiance. If I could drink, I would go there for a glass after a hard day to unwind, maybe split a dish with a friend. Worth a shot, if you have an extra few bucks to spare and want to help local businesses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyDissapointedDined on 9/5/2014Food was excellent. Was greeted promptly. Staff friendly and energetic seated at reservation time. Food server friendly and attentive. Food runners did not communicate. Food came out in a confused way, although was excellent. Wine list was ok. We had a substitute of a wine. Server not aware and made it betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentwillworkforfoodDined on 8/26/2014Big noisy room; concrete floors; bar along back wall; kitchen along one side wall; food was mediocre. All in all a real disappointment. I won't return. I like food too much.
- Surprise Near the Casinos.RomadinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Excellent meal a good choice. Menu is different and provides a nice change from the ordinary. Something for everyone and it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On it's wayMrwhohaDined on 8/22/2014Second time eating here. Both times the food has been very good. Service is a little slow. Took a long time for refills from the bar but all in all very good. I am sure they will work put the service kinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014we arrived with a 7pm reservation to a fairly empty restaurant. The waitress attempted to seat us at the worst table in the place right by the front door. Bar service extremely slow and it was so cold in the restaurant that it made enjoying dinner impossible. Several others around us were cold as well, people were putting on jackets and sweaters. Food was good just not great considering the price
- CustomerserviceDined on 8/9/2014Service wasn't outstanding took a while for our waitress to get our order n drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heritage is a new treasure downtownJimoDined on 7/31/2014My wife and I dined there to celebrate a special event. The service was excellent and we were both impressed with the menu offerings featuring lots of locally grown products. Seems a little odd to order a burger at a nice dining establishment but it may be the best I've ever had. They serve it with home made sweet pickles. I don't like sweet pickles but somehow the flavors of the burger make it all work perfectly. For dessert, my wife made smores at the table with house made marshmallows and cinnamon graham crackers. It's something to experience. Definitely try Heritage the next time you are in downtown Reno.Special Features:
- Still needs work, but worth a tripMurrysmomVIPDined on 7/29/2014We have been waiting to try the Heritage, but holding off until they had been open for a couple of months. We found the decor to be modern and fun, with an open kitchen format that is always a comfortable feeling. Our server, Josh, was unbelievably committed to the "farm to table" concept of the restaurant and had a personality that would ensure anyone's return visit. Couple of missteps in serving, our appetizers were delayed when someone else had the same order, so they got ours. This was remedied by Josh and another server in a timely and appropriate fashion. The oysters on the half shell were luscious with a mild mignonette that complimented without overwhelming them. Butcher's steak done perfectly, drinks inventive......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seems to be decliningswimntimVIPDined on 7/25/2014I've been 4 times starting with twice during the first week the restaurant was open. The items are generally good but, each time I go, the menu is tweaked a bit and the food and service are less good. Hopefully it stabilizes and picks up a bit, because I want to like it more.Special Features:
- HarvestmichellelynnkingDined on 7/14/2014Outstanding food and service. Great for large groups. The build-out looks great, very urban feel. I actually may like it better than their sister restaurant Campo.Special Features:
- Great choice in good locationfreshfoodloverDined on 7/11/2014Great food, nice open atmosphere, central location, NOT in a casino. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Great!!!MrwhohaDined on 7/4/2014I like the look and feel of the place. Great food. Service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed at first/last visitDrfritzVIPDined on 6/26/2014We had high expectations; we like both of Mark's other ventures in Reno, but this did not measure up. We were there on a Thursday evening. I ordered one beer off the menu, it took a long time for him to return and say they were out with a sample of another beer. But didn't return with that for a long time. I ordered a sausage plate and my companion ordered the soup of the day; eggplant. My plate arrived first and we had to ask for her soup. The soup might have had eggplant in it, but it was highly seasoned and had a smokey flavor she didn't like. She told the waiter this and he apologized and removed it. When the bill came we were charged for the soup that was sent back. The highlight was the fellow who brought the bread and water.
- Heritage hits all the bases!coliverDined on 6/9/2014Having been huge fans of Campo almost since they opened, I was expecting nothing less and, boy, did they deliver! Love the space. Clean and spare but not sterile. Our server was super and well experience in all sorts of dining venues. I had wondered if the prices were going to be much higher than Campo and they weren't. We had three dishes, a dessert and a bottle of sparkling wine (birthday celebration!) for $100. We had the sweetbreads, the foie gras and the crab and scallop crudo. For dessert we had the caramel flan. Every bite was perfection. The foie was so good we were sorely tempted to have a second order for dessert :) I can't recommend Heritage highly enough. You won't be disappointed. Mark Estee has another winner!Special Features:
- Fabulous3rdgenrenoiteDined on 6/5/2014Loved this restaurant: food was some of the best I've ever had, the atmosphere was awesome (professional, proper dinner service, but laid back). We will definitely be heading back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 3 reviews are from the Heritage Restaurant (inside Whitney Peak Hotel) reviews archive.
- JimboOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/1/2014This brand new spot was a real treat. The food choices were both creative and very tasty. Wine list was also creative. A little pricey but well worth it. Mark Estee has produced another winner, in this new non smoking and non gaming hotel in the downtown. Free valet is also a big plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All 6 of us we disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014A few issues: 1. Very loud 2. Service was spotty at best 3. Chairs are like sitting on rocks 4. Prices are very high for what it served 5. Way too many specials that the server did not understand 6. This is not Mark's first place. It should be much better
- Love itbretDined on 5/30/2014Very glad to have another Mark Estee restaurant in Reno. Like Campo, Heritage works hard to incorporate local, fresh ingredients into it's offerings. Had dinner here at 5:30 on the first Friday of opening week. Food was great and the service was signature Estee impressive. Had the Jamon for an appetizer. Almost as good as you can get it in Spain. Entrees were steak, sausages, and mushroom soup. All were prepared well and exceptional.