Heritage India - Georgetown
2400 Wisconsin Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
Heritage India - Georgetown
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.heritageindiausa.com/
- Phone: 2023333120
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Mohan Singh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View
- Catering: We specialize in all sorts of Catering. Weddings/Receptions/Office Parties, Cocktails etc. We even offer live cooking at site from 50 to 500 persons.
- Private Party Facilities: Heritage India at Georgetown offer an exclusive area for Private Events..Lunches..Cocktails or even Conferences. Completely private and away from the rest of the dining customers.
- Private Party Contact: Joe 8669455870
A word from Heritage India - Georgetown
Heritage India at Glover Park/Georgetown specializes in Traditional Indian Cuisine and total family style service. With food served in individual pots atop hot food warmers. Food cooking and style is just as you would have it in India.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Heritage India - Georgetown reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- DisappointingMichaelVIPDined on 7/26/2014With all the ballyhoo on-line, we thought this was going to be a special occasion; indeed, we waited to schedule our dinner here for such an occasion. The menu is broad, a real plus. But the preparations are ordinary. Nothing special here. The décor is even a bit shabby. One is greeted by a large sign stating: "exclusive" dining. Well, we can't say we agree.
- omnivoraciousVIPDined on 7/8/2014Great food, great service. This is a can't-miss spot for dinner. Am always happy after dining hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experiencemoshDined on 7/6/2014We booked this restaurant for a family of 5 for lunch on a Sunday afternoon by 2:30pm. When we got there with kids and all, the gentleman promptly turned us back stating that we have no valid appointment for that time and that they were closed to clients. He rudely and bluntly refused inspite of us showing him our confirmed appointment. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
- CraigVIPDined on 6/14/2014Great food, excellent service but the restaurant was dead quiet except for a couple other tables.
- The following 59 reviews are from the Heritage India - Georgetown reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/16/2014More interesting dishes than you usually see on the menu at Indian restaurants.Special Features:
- No Heat, Expensive TeaMikeVIPDined on 4/29/2014Went during the cold snap and it was cold...even with my jacket on. They even charged $7 for the hot tea to warm up. Seems penny wise and dollar foolish for a restaurant. Nevertheless the food was tasty.
- Nice PlaceCorgidog59Dined on 4/26/2014We had dinner there for the first time on Saturday. We wanted something other than Masala Art which we enjoy and eat there frequently. Heritage turned out to be a very nice place too. We will eat there again. Serves bothe Northerna dn Souther Indian food. I had the lamb vindaloo and it was perfectly seasoned unliket Masala Art who makes it way too spicy. My wife had a chicken dish whose name escapes me. If you are in the mood for Indian food by all means give the Heritage a try.Special Features:
- SpicyLongIslandLadyVIPDined on 3/7/2014This was the first time we have tried an Indian restaurant . We had an appetizer of a disk that included puffed wheat. It was tasty. The main dish of prawns with lentil/ yogurt sauce was good . We ordered garlic naan. It was good but the plain one might have been better with our choices. I had a dessert of cottage cheese balls in a light syrup- they were horrible and I did not eat them all after tasting nor .it was a fun experience. But Indian cuisine is not one of my favorites.Special Features:
- Excellent Indian food in Glover PrkBelladouxVIPDined on 2/27/2014I attended a colleague's wedding here in August, 2013 and had been wanting to return for dinner. A cousin's birthday on February 27, 2014 afforded me that opportunity. My eyes were bigger than my stomach so we took home many leftovers. Loved the dal, the condiment assortment of chutneys and sauces (the cilantro was divine) and the calamari. Our server was a little low-key but it was a weeknight and rather quiet so perhaps he works better when it's super busy. I will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian Food in DCmarisa228Dined on 2/14/2014So far, this is my favorite Indian restaurant in DC, though the service can leave a little to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceDCDinerDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I went here for dinner for Valentine's Day. The service was very good - the waiters explained the multiple menus to us. The food was tasty. My only complaint was that the tables were a bit too close together. We were at a 2 person table and was hard to have a private conversation. Also, trying to maneuver in and out of our chairs was a bit tricky - we almost knocked the food off of the table next to us.Special Features:
- disappointedssssDined on 2/14/2014I have eaten at Heritage India many times before and have really enjoyed the food. The food is usually great and very authentic. I went there on Friday and the chicken Tikka Masala was not cooked properly. We asked the staff and were brought new portions of chicken twice, but each time the chicken was still undercooked, pink, and chewy. They really tried to remedy the situation, and were nice about it, but we still ended up with raw chicken and stomach aches that night and the next day. The lamb dosa was great. It's a shame that I won't be eating there again.Special Features:
- Food was okay. Some did notOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/11/2014Food was okay. Some did not seem to be fresh. Flavors were there though.
- Special evening out.BuffettDined on 1/12/2014We ate at Heritage India-Georgetwn for my son's birthday. The whole evening was so pleasant, that we definitely will be dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre Indian foodDrKatDined on 12/30/2013I had remembered this restaurant as a recommended Indian restaurant in Georgetown, but was disappointed by the mediocre food. It's hard to get good Indian food in DC, and this is yet another so-so restaurant. I'm going to stick with my favorite Passage to India in Bethesda for next time.
- A rare restaurant offeringomnivoraciousVIPDined on 12/26/2013A rare restaurant offering Southern as well as Northern Indian cuisine in chic surroundings by a terrific staff. It's my go-to place with friends and visiting tourists. YumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This terrific restaurant onlyomnivoraciousVIPDined on 12/20/2013This terrific restaurant only got better with the addition of Malgudi, which features South India cuisine. Totally great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to go for IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/22/2013Everything was great. Wide range of dishes from usual suspects to tasty changes of pace. Friendly, efficient staff. Fun ambience. Just a great, relaxed experience. A perfect Friday night end of the week meal.Special Features:
- South IndianJrm9091Dined on 11/20/2013Nice Indian restaurant. I liked that there is a deprecate South Indian menu. Got to try some new cuisines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodSALLYDined on 10/8/2013Excellent food, great service. What's not to like? We don't live in the area but I would definitely come back if we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ordered the Malayan CurryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2012I ordered the Malayan Curry with shrimp. It was bland, tasteless. I will not try it again!
- my first time their my girlfriendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012my first time their my girlfriend and I were the only ones their so i really cant speak on atmosphere but the food was great
- My wife and I had eaten atJayFoodDined on 8/5/2012My wife and I had eaten at Heritage more than a decade ago and had a very pleasant meal. We returned to G'town with our children and once again were pleasently surprise of the food quality, the great and kind service by the staff. We would return again if the opportunity arises.Special Features:
- Heritage India has a new menu,eatingwellVIPDined on 7/28/2012Heritage India has a new menu, and the food is still very good, so it remains one of our favorite Indian restaurants. We would definitely go back to try other new items on the menu. The restaurant has high quality food at a very reasonable price - we had two appetizers, salmon tandoori, and three vegetable sides. We took home more than half of the salmon, so the order was more than enough for two. The only drawback was that the main courses came out a little too quickly, but that was somewhat mitigated by the fact that the vegetables come in pots that rest over a small candle, so they remain hot throughout the meal.Special Features:
- Wonderfully prepared, delicatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2012Wonderfully prepared, delicately balanced spices - delicious!
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2012Excellent food and service. The management was pleasant and accommodating.Special Features:
- NDonBDined on 6/15/2012The food quality has declined. Cannot return until quality improves.
- Was thrilled to see theirOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2012Was thrilled to see their menu has vegan items. A must-go tor vegetarians and vegans. Delish!!Special Features:
- The food was excellent. NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012The food was excellent. Nice menu with decent variety. The wait staff were attentive and were quick to fix anything wrong.
- There was a wedding partyjwindDined on 5/24/2012There was a wedding party underway at Heritage India, so our group was shunted to Heritage Asia. We had extremely slow service despite the fact that for at least an hour we were the only party there. The food seemed to be of lesser quality than I remember in the past.
- We had a large group and wereWSE51Dined on 5/18/2012We had a large group and were seated next to another large group; our tables were so close that it was difficult to move around. Waiters were indifferent. Food was pretty good but not gourmet.Special Features:
- THE Place for Indian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 5/16/2012Heritage India has the best traditional north Indian food in the area, bar none. The new menu no longer includes my wife's and my favorite non-vegetarian dish, grouper jalfreezi. At our request, though, the kitchen made it for us. It was just as good as ever, and maybe even better. How the chef gets the fish to come out so firm and properly cooked despite the fact that it is fully coated by spices and the delicious, tomato-based curry sauce is a mystery. I hope the restaurant puts it back on the menu. The first-class aloo gobi masala, saag paneer, chana masala, and tandoori roti were also as good as usual.Special Features:
- this was my first time atPhasieDined on 4/16/2012this was my first time at Heritage India and it was their first day for a new menu. Went with colleagues from work and we all plan on returning! The food was wonderful, service impeccable, and with a wonderful ambiance.Special Features:
- Heritage serves up classicOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/6/2012Heritage serves up classic Indian food, and based on our visits over the past years, is consistently very good. A starter platter to begin with a nice variety of tastes. Chicken tikka for the lady, and lamb vindaloo for me; along with nan and dal for the table. Everything was well prepared and delicious. Attentive service as well.Special Features:
- Great Indian food! Not yourKPvirginiaVIPDined on 3/3/2012Great Indian food! Not your run of the mill Indian restaurant.Special Features:
- The murgh makhani is absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2012The murgh makhani is absolutely amazing. Best I've ever had.Special Features:
- ForgettableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012The actual taste of the food was excellent, I would rank this restaurant two steps below Rasika.However, Heritage India like many Indian restaurants, fits into the "forgettable" category of generic dining. The service was terrible, we had to ask twice for everything. It took 45 minutes to get the check, and they just left our food sitting on the table for that amount of time.
- Really tasty food with a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/3/2012Really tasty food with a good selection of vegetarian and vegan dishes for those who want them. Attentive and professional wait staff. Peaceful atmosphere. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- We had service that was borderliineTravelingDinerVIPDined on 1/28/2012We had service that was borderliine neglectful and the waiter brought my husband lamb when he ordered chicken. We think that the fact the tip automatically tacked on to a party of 6 or more may have been part of the reason.
- A New FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/23/2012This place is great. The food was delicious and the service was excellent.Special Features: