Hereford House - Zona Rosa
8661 North Stoddard Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64153Neighborhood:
N. Kansas City
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Hereford House - Zona Rosa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.herefordhouse.com/
- Phone: 8165849000
- Hours of Operation:
Open Labor Day 4pm- 8pm
Sunday:All Day (Happy Hour not available on Sunday Holidays)
Monday-Saturday: 3:00-6:00 pm
Friday and Saturday: 9:00 pm to close
Friday and Saturday: 3:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Executive Chef: Chris Jarred
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available, please call Lauren Pope Myrseth at 816-584-9000 for further details.
- Private Party Facilities: Hereford House - Zona Rosa can accommodate parties of 6 to 60 guests in any of 3 private dining rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Grace Fox 8885879710
- Special Events: Wine Lover's Sundays
25% off select wines
A word from Hereford House - Zona Rosa
Hereford House is one of the finest steak houses in the United States. The Hereford House provides incredible food at reasonable prices in a casual atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hereford House - Zona Rosa reviews from OpenTable diners
- A nice birthday dinneraj01Dined on 3/1/2014Great food, great service, and a nice private room to celebrate a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, not so good foodopenroadDined on 2/28/2014Took my wife there for our Anniversary. We had high hopes for a nice evening. We both ordered the fish special which was Mahi mahi with pineapple salsa and a small sirloin. My wife started her evening with a Chocolate Banana Banshee off the drink menu which she said was very good. We had some onion rings with spicy ketchup for an appetizer which was also good. When they brought our entrees we were looking forward to a good meal. My wife ordered her steak medium, what she got was beyond well done and completely dried out. My steak was fine but the fish was raw. So we both had to wait for part of our meal to be replaced. We were both disappointed considering this restaurant's reputation. One plus was our server, she did an excellent job.
- Relaxing atmospher near the airportRyguyDined on 2/23/2014Colleagues and I were hungry after traveling on business. We found this restaurant in open table and were very satisfied with our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceCrashVIPDined on 2/17/2014Lunch was wonderful from the food to the service to the ambience. Waiter was excellent. We were treated like rock stars! We were late for our reservation as we were coming from the airport and the plane was late. Called the restaurant to let them know we were running late and they were un phased and extremely cordial. We were able to relax and not feel rushed to get there.Special Features:
- Nothing ever stays the sameDogmomof2Dined on 2/16/2014Extremely disappointed in food. Small steaks, small portions in general. We did go on a Sunday during lunch menu, but even at that, the plates certainly lacked a whole lot. The Hereford House of old was superior to ANY steak at the time. If you are looking for the old awesome taste, go elsewhere. Even 54th Street. Our server, Will was AWESOME. Excellent service!
- Valentine's day dinnerNickpatronDined on 2/14/2014It was very simple to make reservations via opentable. The food was amazing, choice cut steak, awesome cheddar ranch potatoes. Wonderful waiter. Overall, great place for anyone to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- :)MaggDined on 2/13/2014Great experience! Would defiantly go back on a special nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly family friendlylove2eatDined on 2/12/2014Our party was a little nervous taking a 2 year old to this nicer restaurant. But with our reservation they had a private room in the back held for us. It was perfect! My toddler could run circles around the table and other patrons were completely oblivious. He must have gone from chair to chair a dozen times, which normally causes a disturbance for other patrons. But we got to eat in peace. Our server was very patient & nice. My husband even said that its worth the extra cost (higher cost restaurant, no fee for room) at dinner just to get a private room in the future. The whole party enjoyed their meals and kept saying "you have to try this!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happend to the food?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014I have been to Hereford house several times in the past and the food seemed extremely under par this time. The steaks were served of what looked like plates from the Sizzler restaurant and the twice baked potatoe was microwaved to a crusty plastic glaze. In all the experience was nice but the food left much to be desired.
- Great foodApple12Dined on 2/3/2014Love this place! Great food and service. The dinner for two was outstanding at a reasonable price. Travel to KC two times a year Hereford House is always on our agenda.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service!CookieMonsterVIPDined on 2/1/2014We had an good meal with outstanding service - thanks!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overworked waitstaff?suzyqDined on 1/26/2014We had 2 people servicing our table - one for food, one for drinks. Both mentioned that they had been working until after midnight the night before and also said they would be working all day and night that particular day (a Sunday). Maybe the restaurant should quit letting their wait staff do double shifts back to back as there were numerous mistakes in our order. The waiter did not write anything down (which is ok if you get it right). First he brought the wrong appetizer to our table (it was for the next table over). Our steak order doneness was reversed and he never brought a condiment that was requested. The food itself tasted good although we had to switch steaks between ourselves so that we got the right doneness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kansas Cityluv2wineanddineVIPDined on 1/24/2014Great resto... good food- good steaks. Has a bit of a franchisy feel - which it is... a bit busy and noisy. Depends what you are looking for? Good eating -- not necessarily for "fine dining"!!Special Features:
- Went with my frriend duringBBQBillDined on 1/21/2014Went with my frriend during KCRW for lunch. Great service and appetizers were great ( Calamari and Boneless Wings). Steaks were fine, and great value for lunch. Surprised they were out of Sweet Potato fries, but got whipped sweet potatoes which were great. Appetizers were huge and great for sharing. Would recommend.Special Features:
- scooby snackscoobyDined on 1/20/2014My wife and I were at Hereford House for restaurant week. Service and food were perfect, selection of menu items very good, very nice part goes to charity. Would it be possible to do restaurant week twice a year, maybe once in winter and once in summer?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014Our experience was just fine. The meal seemed high for the quantity and quality. The atmosphere was good. The drinks were very pricey. Just overall to high priced for what it was.Special Features:
- A little disapointedLojauntieDined on 1/10/2014My friend and I go to Hereford House frequently and love this restaurant. However, this time our steak (especially my friend's) was very, very grissly and and hers was just plain unedible. Fortunately, our wonderful waiter returned the steak for her and returned with a fresh dinner for her. This is the first time that we've had a less than stellar meal at Hereford House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than expectedaestheticartDined on 1/4/2014Though it may seem like another steak house at a glance, this establishment was nothing less than amazing. Every aspect of the dinning experience was five star. I went here for a first date and made a memory I will never forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!DavidDined on 1/4/2014We had dinner here recently, and the food was amazing and our server, Michael P., was AWESOME! Request Michael any time you go here. The steaks were amazing and perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/1/2014Service was great but we felt the server kept trying to push more food items and more expensive food items to pad the bill. The ribeye steak was flavorful and cooked just right, but it was tough and had gristle. For an expensive steak, it was disappointing. The server never once asked how the steak was. I mentioned to the receptionist about how disappointed I was with the steak as we left. I got a very weak "I am sorry".Special Features:
- Food for oneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The only complaint I have is that my husband ordered Prime Rib, medium. When it came, he mentioned that it looked really rare. The server that brought the food told him it was Medium rare. He should have sent it back, but does not like to be like that. The meat was so rare that it was not even tender. So for that reason, we are extremely unhappy with the food this time. Normally, food is great, service excellent, which it was. I know it is probably not much, but we spent $150. for dinner and drinks,We look forward to having dinner some place like Hereford House, and spending more money than we normally do eating out, this was a big disappointment for both of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 12/31/2013We always enjoy Hereford House but this experience was the best ever. Fantastic service and some of the best meals we have had anywhere...as close to perfect as it gets!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerLibLDHDined on 12/30/2013Service (Paul) was excellent. Both couples had the "Dinner for Two". ($65 per couple with small "upcharges" for some items). Calamari was the best I have ever had. Ever. Filet was pretty good. Cooked perfectly, but a little cool when 1st delivered. Server checked on plates as soon as they were placed and gave mine a couple minutes under the broiler. Still cooked just fine, but hot this time. Full slab of ribs-lots of food. Steak soup good and hot. Peach cobbler was very good. Total bill around $240 for 4, including 20% tip and 3 glasses of wine and 5 domestic beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- commentsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013Food pretty expensive, but got plenty. Would like to see more of a Senior menu and cut down the portions some. The items on the lunch menu would be more to our liking as far as selection and prices. Ribs were a little dry as well as chicken breasts. our server was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionkcdinerDined on 12/27/2013My wife and I celebrated our anniversary with an enjoyable dinner in a quiet booth with very attentive service. The food was excellent, and our evening was a success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceFryFamilyDined on 12/24/2013Our waitress was extraordinary. She went out of her way to make sure that we got exactly what we wanted (even though it wasn't technically on the menu), showed nothing but good cheer throughout her service, and made us feel welcomed and appreciated. Can't think of enough good things to say about her.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendJesseDined on 12/23/2013This was not our first trip to Hereford House and I will always recommend it. The food is very good and the service is always great. We had our 20 month old daughter with us and found it to be kid-friendly to her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Herford House Zona RosaMikeDined on 12/20/2013Very good food, friendly greeting from the first person who came to our table, the server seemed rather new and quite unsure or herself, normally our server is more seasoned and enhances the dining experience. With a reservation we receive a floor table when booths are available, I am not the type of person to ask, but I do expect good serviceSpecial Features:
- Zona Rosa locationLunchBunchDined on 12/18/2013Good food at a good price. Portions are large so be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunHolidayDined on 12/14/2013Food was excellent, waiter was fantastic, got seated right away, overall a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/14/2013Hereford House you can never be mistaken. It is simply one of Kansas City finest restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatJustinDined on 12/13/2013We had to send the fillet back because it was under cooked. Also bought the 22oz t-bone and was missing good seasoning. We expected better for the prices. The wait staff was awesome though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly disappointedbarbdaveDined on 12/7/2013My wife and I made eating at The Hereford House a holiday tradition for the last several years when we come to Kansas City to do our Christmas shopping. Usually we are pleased with our meal, but this year it changed. I ordered the 10 oz prime rib (it was very peppery and seared on a flat grill, you don't grill prime rib), lobster tail (was over cooked) and an extra side of asparagus (very peppery). The only meal worth eating was my wife's steak oscar (which was very tender), but for the money you paid, there should have been more blue crab on it. The highlight of the meal was the crab stuffed mushrooms and bread pudding, which were delicious. We have decided that if we return here we will only order the appetizers and dessert.Special Features:
- Not as good as expectedckccDined on 12/6/2013For the price I didn't feel the food was up-to-par. We visited for my sons birthday and they did not even offer him a sundae after the meal. He is 10 and did not order from the child's menu so I guess he didn't qualify. It just could have been much better than it was for the cost. We won't be returning.
- Nigel was wonderful!DelishDined on 12/6/2013Our waiter, Nigel, was wonderful. Friendly and made conversation without becoming intrusive. First experience in your restaurant. It was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three of us went to celebratetr53913Dined on 12/5/2013Three of us went to celebrate the holidays and we had a very enjoyable time. Felt special without breaking the bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & ServiceDandMDined on 11/30/2013The staff was very helpful and attentive without constantly bothering you, the server made some excellent suggestions and really took his job seriously. The steaks were excellent as was the calamari. This was the second time I've been there, both visits were very good, I would definitely go again/recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2013The steak was the best I have had in Kansas City so far. I ordered the Ribeye with garlic and butter. It was cooked perfectly and very tender. The area that we sat in was near the entrance and exit for the kitchen so there was a little more traffic than I prefer, but overall the waitress and the service was spot on.Special Features:
- Pleasant EveningstewmeatDined on 11/30/2013Out of 5 dinners 3 had beef (steaks) and 2 had fish (salmon). One person thought the salmon was the best she had eaten. Everyone gave thumbs up for the food and service. We were fortunate to be seated away from noise........but still noisy. We all plan on going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakTexasDined on 11/29/2013I introduced some family members to Hereford House because of my first experience that I loved so much. Everyone thought the food was delicious and said they would return. Our waiter was exceptionally patient with us since we had a toddler with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.