Hereford House - Wichita
1400 Terradyne Dr.
Wichita, KS 67002Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Hereford House - Wichita
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.herefordhouse-wichita.com/index.php
- Phone: 3167337800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30 - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering is available in the Wichita metro area, call for details
- Entertainment: Pianist on baby grand and live jazz band and seasonally outdoor bands on the patio
- Special Events: Four different banquet rooms, largest seating 300, outdoor seating available with up to 1000 persons.
A word from Hereford House - Wichita
Hereford House Steakhouse and Restaurant at Terradyne is open to the public serving Wichita and the Wichita area. Our chefs excel in selecting the finest beef and serving it to you straight from our 1000 degree broiler; a 1000 degree sear that holds in the natural juices for a savory, tender and succulent eating experience. At Terradyne, we boast the finest banquet, conference, business meeting, reception and wedding facilities and rooms. We have facilities and rooms for any size group. Including a 300 seat banquet, conference, business meeting and reception room and facilities. Set in the majestic surroundings of Terradyne with service that's relaxed and attentive. A wine list with world-class selections perfect for a great steak. Seafood, poultry, chops and innovative side dishes with an undeniably creative flair makes Hereford House Steakhouse and Restaurant your ideal place for dinner or lunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Hereford House - Wichita - Best Restaurants in Wichita ›
Hereford House - Wichita reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (10)scenic view (10)romantic (6)fit for foodies (6)notable wine list (5)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Your dinner for two in an outstanding value with wonderful options. Wish you were in Manhattan!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceDonPabloDined on 10/10/2014Friendly, Professional and quite Knowledgeable wait staff. Steaks were outstanding - juicy, tender and flavorful steaks. Good wine.Special Features:
- Great food selectionpsewell66Dined on 10/1/2014Service started well and relaxed atmosphere. Server was attentive and helpful. The selections on the menu are very good and varied for groups and couples who like different tastes. The pricing is higher than most restaurants so this one is more suited to special occasions. Wine menu is good but not extensive. We had a small birthday party for one of my sons and enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Had a great view of the golf course during the sunset hours. Only drawback was getting the bill at the end of meal as we had to get another servers attention to get that done. Would dine there again on a special occasion.Special Features:
- Blue Cheese topping!SteakloverDined on 9/19/2014The steaks were cooked as ordered. The steak enhancements were delicious. We had blue cheese and Bernaise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014This was our first time at a Hereford House and the one in Wichita did not disappoint. Excellent food and wonderful service. Great wine selection with accurate descriptions by the waitstaff. We'll be back.Special Features:
- 1 Year AnniversaryEFrugeDined on 8/22/2014Visited Hereford House for the first time last Friday evening. My wife and I were celebrating our one year marriage anniversary. Food was amazing, service was even better, Brian was our waiter. Wine was served in a beautiful decanter called "Swan." Chef prepared us a personalized desert and congratulated us on our anniversary. A++++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLaparDined on 8/18/2014For the price the steak was not prepared to my desired request. Medium/well is not a hard request so I have to wonder about the chef! They offered to cook another but I was not going to hold up the other guests while they waited on me to eat my meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so soOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014We had a wonderful evening sitting on the terrace and listening to the live band. The appetizers and dessert were very good. Most of us ordered medallions of beef as our entre'. They weren't medallions, they were chunks of sirloin with much fat in them. My baked potato was half cooked. The waitress was not attentive or friendly, except when she presented the bill. Great evening with friends, but not a great meal, especially for the $$$$ they charge.Special Features:
- dinnerwhineDined on 8/1/2014Great choice for celebrating our anniversary. Flavors were outstanding and cooked to our satisfaction. Waitress was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fine diningSteak4meDined on 7/8/2014The steaks are excellent, the service is excellent, the view is great and quiet...romantic...but expensive!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!KelleyDined on 7/4/2014My Mom and I dined at The Hereford House to celebrate the 4th of July. As always, the food, atmosphere and service was exceptional. Kudos to Angie and her staff for continually providing a truly amazing dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 188 reviews are from the Hereford House - Wichita reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014The food was terrible, we waited 1 1/2 hr before our main meal, the mushroom were cold, the salad was Welty, and the steak was dry, the prime rib was awful. Will not be going back
- Excellent dining experienceExcellentDined on 6/28/2014Reservation was spot on with Open Table. Steak was so tasty and server was excellent.Special Features:
- AnniversaryBlakeDined on 6/27/2014Out of the way, but worth the drive for a good steak. Price is fair for the quality of steaks and flavor of the food. My wife and I both left full, and couldn't try any of the deserts. Since my wife was pregnant her steak was asked to be well done. Delivered perfect. Try to get a table looking out toward the golf course the tall grass was blowing in the wind and was a good change from looking out onto a parking lot. Give it a try if you have a little extra to spend or looking for a special occasion place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014Our service was very good. We ordered calamari as an appetizer, which was very good with a large serving. The steaks were very good. My wife order the filet medallions and I ordered the filet also. We both ordered our steaks medium, which according to their scale would be pink and warm. My steak was well done, not medium. It was still very good. My wife had one medallion cooked will done, also, and another one was very rare. I would not recommend bringing children. We brought our two, ages 4 and 6, and won't be bringing them again. We were there two hours from the time we were seated to when we left. We do plan on going back, great place for a date night, or dinner out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2014Great service. Excellent food. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Al BoyerhhfanDined on 5/29/2014My only comments are; Why does #2 not have an option for, great place for dinner?, makes a great impression on guestsSpecial Features:
- Not bad overalloaklandredheadVIPDined on 5/13/2014The steak was great as it should have been. I had the steak and lobster, and the lobster not only did not smell fresh, it wasn't cooked properly. It was overcooked on top and raw on bottom. Our server was so friendly and cute, she is new to fine dining, so as she gets more experience perhaps she will recommend 1 vegetable serving per 2 people. The other thing out of balance, portions were correct, not too big. The desert was huge by comparison. My personal opinion is they should be perfectly yummy and precious. Each one could be split by four people and frankly the restaurant would make more money having much smaller deserts and keeping the price the same, because they were not very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent filetWaterintoWineDined on 5/10/2014The filet is very tender and flavorful. An excellent choice for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- moms food disappointing2CathouseDined on 5/8/2014mom ordered coconut shrimp,her favorite from prior visits. this time, the shrimp were almost raw and the breaking not crunchy. My filet was good, seasoned side Vegas were good, salad fresh. It took several efforts to catch waiters attention to fetch a second glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks in the Wichita area.SteakGuyDined on 5/7/2014Great service and great food. Not cheap but well worth the price.Special Features:
- JoJoDined on 5/3/2014Enjoyed the evening at one of the best places to dine in the Wichita area. Great menu, great food, and great service!Special Features:
- Food was not goodCowgirlDined on 4/25/2014My husband said his salmon was the worst he's ever had. My KC strip was not a good cut of meat and was not cooked the way I had asked. The waitress was awesome.....Special Features:
- Easter BrunchWichitaFoodieDined on 4/20/2014Our Easter brunch was amazing as always at Hereford House! I can't say enough about the array of dishes they have spread out including a carving station, and waffle/omelet bar. Our only complaint was the server who oversaw our table rarely stopped over to check on our table of 10 and when we could catch her to refill a drink or grab something she wouldn't ask if anyone else needed anything so it was as if we were all trying to order drinks as she kept walking away. We probably would have increased our bill by quite a bit if she would have been more attentive on that end. Back to the goodness though...at the end of the meal a bevy of desserts awaited us and obviously the view overlooking the golf course is always a high point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place with pretty good food.nightoutDined on 4/14/2014We thought that the food was good but not amazing. We found the food to be very salty. We had the calamari for an appetizer and didn't eat much of it at all because it was so salty. Our entrees we also found to be overly salty. We had house salads and were less then impressed by those. It was just simple iceberg lettuce (which didn't seem very fresh) with a few toppings. Although we weren't overly impressed with what we ate, the atmosphere was nice and we wouldn't write off trying the Hereford House again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not only is this one of Wichita'sTHEHOOIKDined on 4/12/2014Not only is this one of Wichita's best kept secrets it continues to set the bar for service, food and great place to meet friends for a drink or dinner. I can never recommend hard enough to my friends and relatives to make this a must do place for dinner and drinks in warm weather the patio is by far the best in Kansas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- descent food and descent servicedroopypowersDined on 4/5/2014The taste of the food was excellent, however our spinach artichoke dip came out room temperature at best, the twice baked potato was luke warm (and potatoes hold heat forever), our Caesar salad arrived without any Caesar dressing on it, and finally, the steak tasted as thought it had not been seasoned. All of these issues with the food were compounded by the fact that our waitress was impossible to find. I don't know what dark corners of the building she kept disappearing to, but in one instance, I finally had to get up out of my seat to try and find someone to assist us with our food issues. Her only appearances were when she brought us our next course (a 15-20 minute frequency) and I am pretty sure we were her only table at the time.Special Features:
- DisappointmentReneeDined on 3/22/2014I booked a resarvation so my husband and I could have a wonderful dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I was very disappointed in the food quality, especially since it is not exactly cheap. The food was very mediocre. I would have expected the food to be outstanding, but was bland. About the only thing positive I can say is the wine was decanted and served in Reidel glasses.
- Great service and amazing foodLaughsDined on 3/22/2014We went here with our 3 kids, ages 6, 9, and 15. The staff was very attentive to us and welcoming of the kids. The food was amazing, prices were fair, and portions were large! We will definitely go back the next time we are in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/15/2014their food is top-notch. they also have a great wine list and prices aren't too bad. they have a corking fee of $20, but isn't worth it unless drinking an expensive bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where to go for special occasions.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014Have been there 4 or 5 times, all but one for Sunday brunch and recommend it to anyone that likes something a little different from all the run of the mil restaurants, especially for special occasions or people. It's a nice place to introduce to someone whose never been there. The service for Sunday brunch is more than needed for a brunch and everybody is friendly and helpful. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try!EronDined on 2/15/2014This was our first time at the Hereford House. We had the four-course dinner for two. There were plenty of options for each course, and the food was top notch. Each course got better than the last. I can speak for the filet.. it was probably the best cut of meat i've ever had. The service was exceptional. We even sat close to the busy kitchen door, but it was not a distraction. One of the finest romantic restaurants Wichita has to offer. MUST TRY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014The food was fantastic! Definitely the best steak in the Wichita area. Perfect venue for a romantic evening. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the restaurant was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014the restaurant was outstanding friendly the food was great I wood recommend this place to any one wanting a very relaxing and enjoyable place to beSpecial Features:
- Early Valentine's DatedatenightDined on 2/8/2014We decided to try Hereford House inside Terradyne Country Club for an early Valentine's Day date. I was under the impression originally that you had to be a member of the Country Club to dine there so we hadn't looked to go there before. Fortunately you don't have to be a member, because this place was awesome! The staff was great and the food was excellent. My wife ordered the KC Strip and I had the Ribeye. Both were cooked to perfection. They have a great wine list as well. They do have outside dining as well, but since there was snow on the ground that was obviously out of the question. The outdoor dining overlooks the golf course so I am sure in the spring/summer it is breathtaking. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014The food was very good, the service was excellent and the setting was very nice. It was a great choice for a night out without the children. Will recommend to by friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From the moment I enteredLenEDined on 1/18/2014From the moment I entered and was warmly greeted as was my party, I knew this was going to be a grand evening. the appetizers were generous and creative. Among the 6 of us, the entrees were mouthwatering. The prime rib was cooked to perfection as was the Ahi tuna.The mixed grill provides a taste of each of the succulent meats offered individually. Deserts were rich and decadent. I fell for the chocolate cake and its smooth and thick chocolate icing. When in Wichita,don't miss this place.Special Features:
- Don't Miss...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/9/2014Beautiful setting, fantastic steak & wine dinner with exceptional serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years DinnerWineloversDined on 12/31/2013We love Hereford House. We have gone there for many special occasions. The food was amazing and came out looking just as amazing. We have never been disappointed with our service, food or the general setting. Despite being very busy Tuesday evening our wait staff was amazing and quick to meet our needs. Thank you for a memorable time once again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013Great food and great service on a very busy evening. Everything cooked as ordered and cold potatoes were replaced very promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.