Hereford House - Shawnee
17244 Midland Drive
Shawnee, KS 66271Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Hereford House - Shawnee
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.herefordhouse.com/
- Phone: 9132688000
- Hours of Operation:
Open Labor Day 4pm- 8pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am-1:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday – All Day (Happy Hour not available on Sunday Holidays)
Monday thru Saturday 3:00-6:00 pm
Friday and Saturday 9:00 pm to close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Erik Hyre
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Hereford House has been the home of Kansas City’s best steak since 1957. We take great pride in our facilities. Our outstanding service staff can make even the largest group feel right at home.
- Private Party Contact: Heidi Helwig 8772873840
- Entertainment: Outdoor Patio Seating
- Special Events: Wine Lover's Sundays
Select Wines, 25% off
A word from Hereford House - Shawnee
Hereford House is one of the finest steak houses in the United States. The Hereford House provides incredible food at reasonable prices in a casual atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hereford House - Shawnee reviews from OpenTable diners
- Disappointed for the PricemommyjenkcDined on 4/5/2014The last couple times there, we've been less than impressed with our steak. We decided to go back because Hereford House is always what comes to mind when we think of a good steak at a moderate price in this area and we thought maybe last time was just a fluke. This visit, my husband and I both ordered KC Strips, Medium cook. We received ours to the table somewhat tough and definitely well done. The service was great and the appetizer (spinach dip) was delicious, but I was craving a great steak for lunch and walked away disappointed. I suppose we could have sent them back, but that is so wasteful and with two kids in tow, we didn't really want to wait for a refire.Special Features:
- always goodbobcatVIPDined on 3/22/2014The "dinner for two" is perfect for my wife and I. We are creatures of habit and usually order the same thing. Boring maybe, but when you have marvelous shrimp cocktails, delicious and perfectly prepared filets then why try anything else! And we consider the meal to be a really great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentSobieDined on 3/16/2014Hereford House never fails to provide excellent food and top-notch service! I look forward to dining there every chance I get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuffgmanDined on 3/10/2014Was traveling on business, clicked on Open Table and Hereford popped up first on the list. Directions were perfect, food was good. A great stop on the way rushing to the KC airport.Special Features:
- Luke WarrenlongknockDined on 3/7/2014Rockstar Wait staff, Awesome Food, Great Ambiance / Environment, What more can be said? Always a hit with the guests I invite, my daughters, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationDennyDined on 3/7/2014I like the casual feel of the restaurant. The manager and waitstaff are super. The steak medallions were yummy and I had the dijon mustard glaze added which was fantastic. The coconut shrimp is exceptional and quite large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bar Atmosphere and MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/27/2014Excellent bar atmosphere with a supporting menu. Staff was great.Special Features:
- Excellent foodrlcbyjanDined on 2/22/2014The food as always is top notch. This location is very family oriented and only out on the patio is a romantic spot. Too cold for this time of year. Wish there was a spot in this locations for "cozy".Special Features:
- Celebrate Gail MaribilongknockDined on 2/22/2014Luke was an excellent waiter, great food, great spot!Special Features:
- Very pleasing eveningLadyCeeDined on 2/19/2014We were entertaining friends from Florida, so looked for a dining place that they did not have locally. They were surprised and awed at the find....out in the country. The food and service were excellent and it was an enjoyable evening of visiting and enjoying our food and drink. And yes, one could carry on a conversation without noise interference. Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience Not Worth the PricewklinkerDined on 2/15/2014Dined here twice over the past 5 wks. First trip was with group of 9 lady friends during mid-week. They seated us in a private room so noise level was excellent. Drinks and appetizers great. Entree and dessert good. Our server was excellent. Second dining experience was my spouse and I on a Sat. night with reservations. Bar not crowded but we weren't served timely. Had dinner in the main dining area. Music not good at all. Waiter spilled my husband's beer all over the table/menus but quickly forgotten. We had the 4 course "Dinner for 2". Fried calamari great. Salads sub-par. Entrees good but jumbo shrimp not jumbo. Dessert good. Waiter smelled like cig smoke. Overall experience fair to good but too pricey for the quality that you receive.Special Features:
- 02-14-14 happy valentine's nightmarried081884Dined on 2/14/2014Our experience was very nice. Our waiter, Zach? was quite attentive and we enjoyed the dinner for two. If there was any concern, it would be the toast tips; fresh bread would have been better. The toast tips were like croutons; too crunchy. However, the rest of the food was delicious. Thank you for a lovely night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great timeGunnDined on 2/14/2014This was me and my wifes first time at the hereford house the food was magnificent we ordered the kc strip and the twin lobster tail the only complaint I have was my wife was cold being seated next to the window she had to eat with her coat on but over all it was great we will be back again hopefully seated somewhere elseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentinve's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014The restaurant was active, but still provided a nice atmosphere for dinner. We arrived 1/2 hour early, but was seated right away. The drink and food options where fantastic. The food was prepared promptly and it was very good. We had the dinner for two and we both had enough food and greatly enjoyed the appitizer and the desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014This is the place to go for the best steaks in KC. We have been here dozens of times and never have been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service, Service, ServiceDickDined on 2/14/2014very time I am so impress with the wait staff they are the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderufl night!!getwhatyoupayforDined on 2/14/2014The dining experience was phenomenal! Our waiter never hovered over our table, but always showed up somehow whenever we needed him. The food was also everything I expected and more. I highly reccomend the grilled bacon appetizer. My only criticism is I felt the tables were a little close together, so the setting was a little less intimate than I had hoped, but overall it was very worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid and Done Well - As AlwaysMikeMcDined on 2/14/2014Made reservations for an early Valetines Day Dinner at 4:30 (learned that lesson in the past!). So did a lot of other people, so we were not able to get a booth with the view to the south. There was no pressure from the Waitstaff to hurry (even with a lobby full of people), there was time to enjoy our wine before dinner arrived. Ordered off of the $65 Dinner for two (Me - Prime Rib, Jodi - SeaHogs). Food arrived properly prepared. We were quite satisfied with the food and service, and let our waiter know that this was one of the top evenings we have had at any of the Hereford Houses (and that we have never had a bad one).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful Valentine's Day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014A perfect place for romantic dinning. The soup (sweet potato clam chowder) was outstanding, we had never had it before so the waiter (Sam) gave us a sample. Love that Sam. The prime rib was the best I've had lately. There aren't many good prime rib spots left in K.C.. Last but not least, Sam our waiter was most helpful and attentive. Couldn't ask for better service. Will return many times in the future when looking for a memerable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableYummyDined on 2/14/2014We have dined as a couple and also in a group. Always a great time. Service and food always as expected. Wait staff is friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best place I've beenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014I was totally satisfied with the service there. Especially when I purpose to my girlfriend on her birthday and we will come back on a special events in our life ... Thank you from both of us Savannah and Jason .....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- genericsistaDined on 2/8/2014We've been to the Hereford House in Wichita and this place in Shawnee is a poor imitation. At 7PM on a Saturday night they ran out of prime-rib. Steaks (ribeye) were thin but did have a good flavor. Cesar salad was nothing more than a opened bag of romaine, bottled dressing and small store bought croutons. I'm not sure our server understood much because we constantly had to remind him of everything and reask for everything, which was really annoying. Oh and there was some crazy lady with wacked out hair walking around looking at all the tables quite a bit. Don't know if she was an employee which made us feel really uncomortable and did not set a good tone. I would not recommend this restaurant and we will go elsewhere for a steak again.
- Wonderful Night OutJJonesDined on 1/31/2014Service was great! Bonus: Didn't expect the manager to come and chat with us about our experience. Nice gesture. Steaks cooked the way we wanted. Very satisfied! Our kids even enjoyed their food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT FOOD, EXCELLENTOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/27/2014EXCELLENT FOOD, EXCELLENT SERVICE, WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Restaurant Week ServiceasebacherDined on 1/26/2014I am hoping that the main problem was restaurant week but it really wasn't that busy and our waitress was still never around. It took 15 minutes for her to come take the check after we had put down credit cards and our sodas were on E for most of the meal.
- Not as good as I expectedCasmDined on 1/25/2014First time to this Hereford House. I used to enjoy the original very much. The food was not worth the price. We ordered three orders of Medallions and they were requested Medium, and they were all different. None were overcooked. The sauce ruined the flavor of the medallions. The server did a great job. No issue with the service. The Shrimp-Artichoke Dip was not very favorable. Not bad, but not great. The mushroom appetizer was good.
- When compared to the varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014When compared to the variety offered at Fogo de Chao for the same price during Restaurant Week, Herefords was overpriced. But, who wants to eat at 10:00 or 10:30 at night which were the only open tables on the evening we desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was restaurant week.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2014This was restaurant week. I checked all specials for local restaurants & Hereford House had the best. It was delicious. Loved the strawberry cheese cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hereford House Shawnee, remainscworiffelDined on 1/21/2014Hereford House Shawnee, remains as one of my favorites they always provide a very comfortable and enjoyable eating experience for my entire family. Have had several events there and they always make us feel like we are their only customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was cooked great. CarrotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/21/2014Steak was cooked great. Carrot cake was cold. Reservation was at 1:30pm. By 2pm, we were the only people in the dining room. Consequently, we rarely saw our server, or anyone else who worked there. Our server never smiled, and seemed irritated that we were there. She wasn't around to fix the cold carrot cake. We had to go up to the hostess stand to pay. .I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was my first time at HerefordfirsttimerDined on 1/19/2014It was my first time at Hereford House, and we enjoyed it. The boneless buffalo wings were great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014While our server was excellent, and the atmosphere friendly, this restaurant does not live up to its billing as a great steak house. The cuts of meat were run of the mill, with little to no flavor. One steak ordered medium, came out medium well, which should not be happening at a "true" steak house. The salads and sides were okay, but no better than you would find at your local Applebees, in particular the salad. For the price you expect a bit more, and it just wasn't there.
- Food AmbianceNinjadogDined on 1/11/2014My wife did not like the cheddar ranch potatoes. We were seated in a back room not much ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really?FirstSgtDined on 1/8/2014Our first visit - made a reservation on a weekday and we were seated in the bar area. It was loud and not at all what I was expecting for a place this expensive.
- Nice mealTiger12Dined on 12/31/2013We had a nice meal and the entree was not served until we were almost finished with our salads. The steaks were excellent, flavorful, tender and juicy. The only real complaint was the twice baked potato which was dry as if it had been sitting around for a while. The service was adequate and we enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- Great serviceAtheleneVIPDined on 12/31/2013Our server was outstanding. She was the key to a great NYE dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate Good Dining!ladyEDined on 12/27/2013Our celebration was enhanced by the ambience, delicious food and fantastic service. It was a wonderful birthday celebration experience for our family. Vanessa pampered us the whole evening with delicious food and the perfect setting by the window. The food was excellent. Dining by the window was a great selection, thanks to the person that chose our table. Thanks to all your staff that contributed to making our celebration a wonderful time for us. Davidson FamilySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Christmas Eve MealDisappointingVIPDined on 12/24/2013Came to Hereford House in Shawnee for the first time with our two children after Christmas Eve candlelight service. We were looking forward to going to a "nicer" place with our kids to celebrate the holiday. I'm going to summarize the experience since I'm limited on space: -reservations and seated right away -ordered sirloin, prime rib, kid-size prime rib, and PB&J. -Seated by a large window and it was cold, put our coats on while we ate. / -Prime rib over cooked to MW, ordered Med. Rare -Sirloin charred to crisp on one side
- DisappointingChloeDined on 12/24/2013Don't waste your money at Hereford House Shawnee . Extremely over priced for poor quality food. Expect your house salad to be pre-made salad out of a bag. Let's not forget the "heat and serve" rolls included with your meal. The steamed veggies were frozen broccoli with small prepared carrots out of the bag. Just like the store. The excellence of "The Hereford House" is long gone!!
- Always....bobcatVIPDined on 12/21/2013Always a pleasurable dining experience. Their "dinner for two" is perfect for us. They allow substitutions so that we can add a second appetizer instead of getting a dessert! And the good is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.