Hereford House - Leawood
5001 Town Center Drive
Leawood, KS 66211Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Hereford House - Leawood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.herefordhouse.com/
- Phone: 9133270800
- Hours of Operation:
Open Labor Day 4pm- 8pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday 11:00am - 10:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm.
Sunday – All Day (Happy Hour not available on Sunday Holidays)
Monday thru Saturday 3:00-6:00 pm
Friday and Saturday 9:00 pm to close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mark Piette
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: For over 50 years Hereford House has long been the restaurant where memories are made. From wedding receptions and anniversary celebrations to holiday parties and family reunions, we can help make your special occasion truly memorable.
- Private Party Contact: Gene O'Dell 8775179307
- Special Events: Wine Lover's Sundays
Select Wines, 25% off
A word from Hereford House - Leawood
Hereford House is one of the finest steak houses in the United States. The Hereford House provides incredible food at reasonable prices in a casual atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hereford House - Leawood reviews from OpenTable diners
- Disappointing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2014We have dined at this Hereford House for years, always very pleased with the dinning experience, this time was not up to their standards. We were seated in corner which it appears the server couldn't see us as we sat there for longer than usual time before he came by We ordered the steak soup which he served with no crackers, when the main order came out of the kitchen we asked for some ground pepper, the person that brought it out said he didn't have any but would tell the server who never came by nor did he bring any bread. He must have been too busy with "NO PROBLEM" comment about everything to bother to take care of our table. Then to finish off the evening on way out a sign on door they no longer will take Open Table reservations.
- Delicious rib eye that wasDC13VIPDined on 3/24/2014Delicious rib eye that was the lunch special. Very good as always. Great place for lunch or happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiter not very good; verynoneVIPDined on 3/10/2014waiter not very good; very slow -- very negative when asked for certain things -- just automatically said no, that's not how we do it. Each of us had single medallion -- not a very tender steak -- what gives with that? Not up to par at all.
- We can always count on a deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/9/2014We can always count on a delicious steak, excellent side items, and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table and Hereford HouseKerryVIPDined on 3/9/2014When I made the reservation I put Window Booth under special request. This has always worked in the past. They didn't have it this time and indicated that they have a new system that does not bring in information in the Special Request field from Open Table.Special Features:
- always good food and servicefoodieDined on 3/7/2014Steaks grilled correctly, attentive wait staff, reasonable lunch pricing. Nice atmosphere. Parking very limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceRicohCopDined on 3/1/2014I always love going to Hereford House and have never left disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were at Hereford HousetedwardsDined on 2/24/2014We were at Hereford House for a business meeting. I asked for a quiet spot, and we got a private room. The food, as usual, was superb - even for the dork who ordered wings and fries. We were not rushed, and we occupied our space for two hours. I was so relaxed that I had to ask my server if I had paid or not! Hereford House never, never disappoints. Hey, it is a steak house, I had salmon, and was tickled to death with it!!!Special Features:
- i can eat foor anywhere.daddyDined on 2/22/2014any ged student knows more about the menu at red robin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/21/2014We were seated in a back room off the bar and I was happy because we didn't have to worry about cold air drafting in. I was very disappointed that there were 2 TVs on with different shows, both with the sound on and the music playing over the intercom. It was hard to hear or concentrate on anything until I asked to fix it. It had more of a sports bar feel instead of a very nice restaurant for date night and special occasions. I also requested a booth and was told none were available even though the there were 2 in that room that went unused the entire time we were there. The food service was incredibly slow that night, however our server was very nice. The food was fantastic as always, and we tried the clam chowder was amazing!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fool Me Twice...DebBDined on 2/21/2014I tried the Hereford House for lunch about a year ago and things haven't changed. Food was tasteless, presentation mediocre.. We waited a couple of minutes before someone came to greet and seat us. I ordered chicken sandwich with fries. The chicken had grill lines on it, but I'm sure they were painted on. Tender, but no flavor. No amount of salt, mayonnaise or mustard could help, even with mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, onions and cheese.. Fries were okay, I should have requested ketchup, maybe that would have helped them, but that isn't something that I normally use. Husband ordered steak sandwich, and salad. Both sandwiches had mushrooms that were obviously canned. His Caesar salad was the best part of both our meals.
- Always enjoy the food, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014Always enjoy the food, service and atmosphere when dining here.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceBreadandWIneDined on 2/15/2014We had a party of 8. Our service was poor. Our server was admittedly new, so we all wondered why a manager or another server wasn't assisting.Special Features:
- We plan to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We enjoy our dining experience and the steaks are always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed on Valentine's DayKCSuzDined on 2/14/2014I realize that dining out on Valebtine's Day can be a crap shoot. This restaurant is a well established steak house and could have done better all around.
- Valentine's DayGeminiDined on 2/14/2014I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for a romantic dining experience. The tables were extremely small no room to move around. The server was not attentive to our needs. We were overcharged by adding things on our ticket that was included in a set price.
- Small tables were placed upstairsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Small tables were placed upstairs in the restaurant to accommodate Valentine's Day high demand. Unfortunately, they did a poor job of providing any decorations that made for a memorable dining experience. The tables were too small and service was only acceptable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyAlphabetDined on 2/14/2014Both The Food And Service Was Excellent. Defintly Recommend The KC Strip.Special Features:
- Nice Dinner SpotJimHDined on 2/14/2014Food and Service very good. Upstairs is nice because not as noisy as downstairs.Special Features:
- Valentines favoriteRelleb7006Dined on 2/14/2014Hereford House never disappoints. Everything was outstanding. We look forward to an exceptional meal there and they never let you down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent qualityJohnDined on 2/14/2014It was Valentines Day, so the restaurant was very busy and the ambience took a hit, but the meal was terrific and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HH LeawoodCarleDined on 2/14/2014Overall a good dining experience - waiter was very attentive and friendly. Steaks were excellent as usual. We eat here a few times a year and have never had a bad meal here. Nice place to go for a steak dinner. They even discounted wine on Valentines Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at the Rental CenterPorterDined on 2/14/2014While, the food and service was very good we were placed in the upstairs room. The room lacked décor and the table and chairs were very uncomfortable and left a very poor image of the Hereford House. I will not be dining at the Hereford House in the future, it was not what I expected.
- Never.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I've never experienced a low-quality meal atthe Hereford House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014So nice to have a quiet meal with gracious service and great food. Even better to have the reservation option ... too few offer it in KC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honor to the old daysescargoDined on 2/11/2014The food was great and really an honor to the old Hereford House downtown. Do miss the giant Hereford statue though. I like the updates on the classics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice business lunchpmacDined on 2/11/2014Hereford House was able to accommodate my small group for a business lunch, while being sensitive to the discussion that would take place, by reserving a private room off the dining room with french doors that closed for privacy. Service was very good and we were quite pleased with the meal, timeliness of service and the overall atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Friday Date Night. WeTonyDined on 2/8/2014Great Friday Date Night. We actually sat at the bar as that is something we like to do. Everything was as expected VERY GOOD and we were not disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/7/2014My daughter didn't much care for her ribs. They were extremely fatty. My steak however was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/6/2014Service was spotty - at first no one, then 3 at one time, forgot mushrooms which were served when entree was almost finished; when time to leave waited 15-20 minutes for check. It never arrived so we walked out to front desk to say we were ready to go. Horrible experience with another diner who was LOUD and on a cell phone constantly. Of course, that was not necessarily the restaurant's fault, but it capped off a bad experience. My husband's prime rib was tough, but my strip steak was very good.
- Terrible steakbwurdack9Dined on 2/1/2014Loves Hereford house in the 90s but this one was a game changer. Both our steaks were requested med-rare and they came out burned. We waited 50 minutes for our steaks so we didn't want to refund. Moving on, hyvee would have been better.
- Karen's BirthdayDebbieDined on 1/25/2014We had a great time....restaurant week is a lot of fun tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fabulous!AnnLinkDined on 1/24/2014The food was just fabulous as always! Our server seemed a little scattered. He did apologize for our beers taking a little bit to come out. ( they were changing the keg) We totally understand and was fine with it. We did order an appetizer and never received it. I was really wanted them too. Oh well, we didn't get charged for them. We love going to the Hereford House for dinner. It's always such a treat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Excellent PeopleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2014I have been to the Hereford horse many times over the last 2 decades. It never disappoints. Try their bearnaise sauce. Delicious.Special Features:
- good steaksfoodieDined on 1/21/2014Very busy today, due to restaurant week. Wait staff hustling, and needed reminders to bring butter and sour cream for a baked potato. Steak grilled perfectly, salad fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Traditional SteakhouseMeteorMuseDined on 1/19/2014We got what we were looking for... a Kansas City steak house with a focus on great meat and traditional steak house fare. I'm usually more of a nouveau cuisine fan, but we were looking for a place that shows off the tradition of Kansas City's beef fame. My ribeye was delicious, the calamari was good, and the in-house carrot cake was excellent. We were pleased. Slightly slow on water refills, but I'm pregnant and drink a LOT of water, so I can't say it was slow by standard measures – just by my needs. The atmosphere and decor were nice if uninspired. I think I'd have preferred a slightly darker, heavier more masculine decor but that's personal preference. It was nice – tasteful, appropriate and clean.Special Features:
- great menu for Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014Our server was well trained...didn't rush us. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service cold food PushingannyeDined on 1/18/2014Poor service cold food Pushing as many people thru as they could wont go backvrr
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014Our service was Outstanding!!! Marco was Awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014Service was AWESOME!!! Marco took care of us always checking up on us making sure that everything was okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.