701 Saint Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.herbsaint.com/
- Phone: 5045244114
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM Bistro: Monday - Friday: 1:30 PM - 5:00 PM Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Donald Link
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining seats up to 50.
- Private Party Contact: Colin O'Neill or Sean Perkins 5045244114
A word from Herbsaint
Chef Donald Link's Herbsaint Bar and Restaurant on historic Saint Charles Avenue features an acclaimed menu with French and Italian-inspired, yet distinctive Southern dishes and a dynamic wine list in a modern bistro setting. Private dining with customized menu is available for up to 50 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Herbsaint - Best Restaurants in Warehouse District ›
Herbsaint reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (87)special occasion (53)neighborhood gem (42)notable wine list (29)great for lunch (28)romantic (23)hot spot (23)great for outdoor dining (22)good for groups (17)scenic view (8)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Creative foodsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Herbsaint is in the top 3 or 4 restaurants in my dining experience of the last 5 years. My wife and I shared five small plates, each of which was distinctive, creatively done, nicely presented and contained a flavor surprise and/or texture. The wine list is extensive but not overwhelming. The wait staff was friendly, well informed and willing to answer questions about a dish even after it had been served. If you are seeking a basic meat or seafood dinner, this is not the place to go. If you are wishing for fine and creative dining, then it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OKshegeeDined on 9/20/2014Hard to tell if we just built this dinner up in our minds and then were disappointed or not. We expected that the duck wouldn't be burnt and dry, my entree was cold and the service as choppy at best. After hearing good things online and from some friends, this isn't what we had anticipated. Then, it always comes down to that final question, would you go back? No, there's just too many other restaurants in this area that perform consistently and you know it's not going to be a gamble. Sorry guys, really wanted you to be memorable.
- dependableJoMaDined on 9/15/2014you know what you will get here and I like it The restaurant had an physical update and I do wish so did the menu offerings. I enjoy my faves on the menu though do think it needs a change upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- olddominosDined on 9/13/2014love the new look, glad the menu didn't change.....has been on my top ten forever.....Special Features:
- Always a great mealRickDined on 9/12/2014Wonderful food. Menu has something for everyone. Consistent food quality. Great gumbo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS! and Wonderful Servicesearchin4foodgasmsDined on 9/10/2014We had a ridiculously amazing meal here. Ordered 10 plates between 2 of us, each of which was unique and incredibly flavorful. I had a foodgasm. The service was sharp, friendly, showed that they love the food and the restaurant too. Very classy, but a fun and not-stuffy place. Will save it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint with great food and serviceNewToNOLADined on 9/6/2014This is quaint little neighborhood place fit for foodies. The chicken and andouille gumbo is amazing. The Grilled G.f. Farms chicken was very good - tender, juicy and flavorful. The service was attentive without being annoying. The place is small and on the edge of the Garden District. Right on the St. Charles Ave. streetcar line. A 3-minute streetcar ride or 15-20 minute walk from the Ritz-Carlton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great fine dining placeLovingGADined on 9/3/2014You cannot go wrong here. All items are outstanding. Even their vegetarian entries are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceTNOLADined on 9/2/2014Really enjoy this place for business lunches. Great service and can accommodate groups as well as good for two.Special Features:
- Always Good!FoodFansDined on 9/1/2014We have been here many times or lunch and dinner. The food is very good and their service is great. We always recommend this restaurant and come back to it whenever we're in New Orleans.Special Features:
- MemphisBelleDined on 8/30/2014While dining at Peche Seagood Grill for lunch - we talked with couple at the next table who had already dined at Herbsaint - and gave us menu suggestions. One of us followed those suggestions while the other chose the nightly special - a wahoo dish. Both were absolute winners!! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!NewFoodieDined on 8/30/2014We took our 5 and 7 year old daughters and had a great dinner. The duck confit is the best meal in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantWineloversDined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent; the wine list, too. The newly decorated dining room is sleek but not cold. We were delighted that the noise level was moderate. Service was very attentive - the only criticism I have is that it was a little rushed. I would have liked to have had more time before the plates were whisked away.Special Features:
- Home run!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2014The best restaurant in town. Everything was perfect and incredibly delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodBlaineDined on 8/16/2014Food was great. Service just fair. First waitress seemed totally lost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuluDined on 8/15/2014The Short Ribs were nothing "short" of amazing! Next time I'm not sharing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingHungryVIPDined on 8/15/2014Even after 6-7 visits the food surprises in an excellent way. One of the very best in New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining inside for first time!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014We have dined at Herbsaint a couple of times but only at outside tables (with our Dog!!), so this was a treat! After our excellent cocktails (Sazarac and Old Fashioned), I had the flounder special and my wife at the drum-filled boudin balls and an arugula salad. It was all very flavorful! We were seated very close to other diners and it was a bit uncomfortable NOT to have a conversation with them. We actually did and it was OK! However, it wasn't our choice and it could be a bit uncomfortable for some. Overall, a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite RestaurantwgeeDined on 8/13/2014We just went to Herbsaint for my husband's birthday. We absolutely love this place. The food is amazing. The banana brown butter tart is the best dessert on the planet. It has to be 12K calories, because it tastes so good. You can't go to Herbsaint without getting this. The ceviche is so fresh and flavorful. Gnocchi is also superb. You can't go wrong with anything here. Would highly recommend. It's our special occasion go-to.Special Features:
- Consistently good2bthereVIPDined on 8/4/2014Great lunch with out of town colleague. Gumbo was as great as ever. Fried oysters were the same. Catfish lunch was amazing. You can pick anything blindly on the menu and it will be good. I should have tried the blueberry beignets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DFW1VIPDined on 8/2/2014This was our first visit and we were blown away by everything--food, wine, service, pace of meal--everything. We will definitely return--soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gets everything rightKathyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Love this restaurant. Definitely order at least one dish that features a Link cured meat. Even old standbys have the Link stamp--e.g. shrimp and grits served with collards cooked with the best tasso ham I've ever tasted. Lamb neck entree is amazing. as is the pork belly. Great wine list and delicious cocktails. Entire staff is outstanding.Special Features:
- Yummy!MagiVIPDined on 7/28/2014I had only been to Herbisaint 2 other times, but it was years ago. When we were in town this week and I thought we'd go back and see how it was doing. Everything was spot on! Service was friendly and attentive. The cocktails were great. My shrimp with tasso gravy and greens was outstanding. My friend had the duck leg confit and said it was the best duck he had ever had. If you're in NOLA and want to try something more "off the beaten path" don't pass on Herbisaint.Special Features:
- aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaherbieDined on 7/22/2014outstanding food, great atmosphere, good location, bad serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoCal2NOLADined on 7/18/2014We are in New Orleans once a year. We plan our trips around reservations at Herbsaint and Cuchon. It is as essential for us as a Sazerac at the Roosevelt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon at HerbsaintJimmyB53VIPDined on 7/16/2014The food is always good. I did think the portions were small, but service was terrific, recommendations were smart, and the evening came together nicely.Special Features:
- JRSDRSVIPDined on 7/15/2014Off the path of Bourbon Street and a perfect spot. Amazing service by our waitress and the food was a perfect mix of foodie meets New Orleans.Special Features:
- 4.5 starsNolaNPVIPDined on 7/12/2014I would say 5 stars if the wait staff was just a bit more professional- chit chatting in view, smoking outside. Other than that the place is awesome. Good food, great cocktails, consistently delicious over the years. Lamb neck and watermelon gazpacho are my fave right now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susiVIPDined on 7/11/2014Food is very creative and outstanding. This is our favorite restaurant in New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food.JimmyB53VIPDined on 7/10/2014I got to Herbsaint infrequently, but am always pleased with the food. The menu is "out there" but it still works. Best Catfish in the city, bar none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A staple in NOLA fine diningTopshelfboozeguyDined on 7/3/2014We love every time we eat here and always say we need to dine at Herbsaint more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal for a social lunchTabemonoDined on 7/2/2014As one of the lunch specialties, the grilled okra salad was delicious, the best choice I made. The Louisiana shrimp with calasparra rice was alright but a bit too salty. However, the fried catfish (with green rice) was absolutely perfect, lightly breaded and fried to perfection, moist and tasty, so the generous portion was thoroughly enjoyed. Our waitress was very polite and extremely attentive, making our dining experience totally pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJakub504Dined on 7/1/2014The gumbo is the best!!! We has several small plates and the food was magical. Especially the homemade pasta with fried poached egg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- herb saint always wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014noah and joe are excellent and the wine list is very very goodSpecial Features:
- disappointingDined on 6/23/2014The food was excellent but the service was seriously lacking. We waited 15 minutes before a waiter acknowledged us. He did not introduce himself or welcome us but abruptly asked us if we wanted a drink. He did not bother to let us know there were specials not included on the menu, we heard the waitress at the next table listing the specials and her recommendations. It took 3 requests to get the correct wine order. The waitstaff barely spoke to us or checked in to see if we needed anything. The service was disorganized and poorly coordinated. I have never been treated so poorly at a higher end restaurant before and it was extremely disappointing. I would not recommend Herbsaint.
- Favorite restaurantJDFoodiesDined on 6/20/2014This is my favorite restaurant in NOLA! Food is simply outstanding! Second year in a row we have come here from Michigan for our anniversary. That is how much my wife & I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningjinojanDined on 6/18/2014Had not been in a while. Food was innovative and outstanding. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickyDined on 6/16/2014Was in New Orleans for a conference and had one of the best meals of my life at HerbSaint. We are from New York and have access to the finest restaurants in the world but HerbSaint ranks as my favorite.Special Features:
- Second time is the charmJennieJenDined on 6/14/2014I've been to Herbsaint twice in the last few months, and I must say that this second time was by far the best experience that I've had here. I would almost go as far to say that it's one of the best dining out experiences I've had in the past year or so. It was phenomenal. My husband and I took my mom and her friend here for dinner one evening, and it was beyond what I expected. Drinks were never empty and the only issue with a meal was solved in about 25 seconds. I will definitely be coming back. Can't wait.Special Features:
- I love this restaurantWisteriaVIPDined on 6/13/2014The description of the food does not give justice to how wonderful the dishes are here. Really good food and not your usual menu. Hip, but attracts all variety of people and very vibrant.Special Features: