Herbs and Rye
3713 W Sahara Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89102Neighborhood:
Near the Strip
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Herbs and Rye
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.herbsandrye.com/
- Phone: 7029828036
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Herbs and Rye is a step back into time offering some of the worlds greatest classic cocktails prepared in there original state and method of preparation. Elegant lighting, educated staff, excellent happy hours, and a excellent kitchen are all what makes H
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: A very romantic, yet old vegas mob vibe runs through the walls of Herbs and Rye. Dark, 1887, burgundy, velvet wallpaper laces the interior and chandeliers over the dining area create the perfect mood.
- Private Party Contact: Nectaly Mendoza 7029828036
- Entertainment: We offer many monthly special events that include live music (Blues, Jazz, DJ's).
A word from Herbs and Rye
Herbs and Rye is a step back into time, offering some of the worlds greatest classic cocktails prepared in their original state and method of preparation. Elegant lighting, educated staff, excellent happy hours, and an excellent kitchen are all what makes Herbs and Rye the place to be. The kitchen offers a full menu at all time ( 5pm - and serves everything from excellent steaks, flatbreads, and pastas, to a unique appetizer menu - all which are excellent compliments to classic cocktails. Herbs and Rye is a trailblazer when it comes to its Beverage Program, receiving some of the cities "Best in Las Vegas" awards one year out the gate . Come on down to Herbs and Rye and get your classic cocktail fix and an excellent dinner!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Herbs and Rye - Best Restaurants in Near the Strip ›
Herbs and Rye reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (43)romantic (41)late-night find (38)special occasion (36)vibrant bar scene (36)hot spot (26)good for groups (22)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Come here for happy hour!locavorewannabeDined on 9/23/2014We brought our friends from out of town to Herbs and Rye. It is a neat "secret" steak place we like to take our out-of-town friends to show them something different (and still excellent) from the Strip. Herbs and Rye has great cocktails and also during the happy hour (4-8) where all of the steaks are half off, as well as some appetizers and a couple of wines, and I think beer and well drinks as well. Love the ambiance inside. You wouldn't expect it based on the nondescript strip mall look on the outside. Definitely worth a try.Special Features:
- Amazing FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Absolutely excellent dining experience, will definitely be back! Service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremendous experienceGlutenfreeathleteDined on 9/19/2014Herbs and Rye was recommended to our group for a good steak. Little did we know we arrived for their happy hour featuring half off specials on alcohol, select appetizers and steaks. I ordered the mussels and filet and hands down it was my best meal in Vegas. We all enjoyed the cookie and ice cream dessert for a treat. The ambiance was nice, soft music created a nice atmosphere but the service was outstanding. Herbs and Rye will be a must go anytime I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and charming steak house!Travelagent4uVIPDined on 9/19/2014This is your typical Best Kept Secret - wonderfully seasoned steaks, great wines by the glass, delicious filet sliders!Special Features:
- Great steakHarbo5555Dined on 9/18/2014Steaks half price during happy hour, Until 8pm. Great staff. Very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- do NOT go here with a groupdontgohereDined on 9/15/2014The food is not bad, but EXTREMELY overpriced! As with a fine restaurant, you only get the entre, then you have to order sides if you want something with it, normal. But the portions are not generous, and the quality not up to par with the price. And to make matters worse, we had 9 people, so of course they added their own 20% tip. I usually tip 20% for good service, but in this case, as usual when they know they're getting a guaranteed tip, the server was non-existent during the meal. VERY disappointed.
- pleasantly pleasedblondefoodieDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant was way to cold and I never get Cold. The filet was amazing but the sides left something to be desired. Maybe I just tried the wrong ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Bar in the CityMrJSAVIPDined on 9/12/2014The bartenders are fantastic. There cocktails are something special and the food is pretty good twoSpecial Features:
- good stuffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014I really like the custom cocktails - Moscow Mule is awesome!! all the food is great - we love that we found this place.Special Features:
- DeliciousNotSoGoldieDined on 8/30/2014Amazing local restaurant not too far from the Strip. Great atmosphere and unique, delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing handmade vintage drinksBHJ70VIPDined on 8/30/2014Wow! What can I say. This place has an amazing late night happy hour. Awesome steaks, sides and the best drinks In Vegas. can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't judge it by the exterior!kekaVIPDined on 8/26/2014Skeptical when I saw the exterior!. The ribeye steak was the tastiest and best prepared steak I've had in a long time. The vegetable sides were also prepared with care. The wine list, although limited, was a great collection to go with the meals prepared by the restaurant.Special Features:
- Don't Judge a Book by It's CoverCeeLosDined on 8/25/2014Although this place doesn't not look great from the outside, this place is bar far one of the most unknown gems of Las Vegas. The food is amazing, the service is impeccable, and it's for sure one of the most romantic spots I have ever visited. I only visit this restaurant for special occasions, and I will continue doing so. Lucky for me, I can always come up with a "special occasion" :) If you haven't been here yet, you're missing out!Special Features:
- Love the steakNavarroDined on 8/23/2014Love the way the food is cooked and the service is amazing!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality FoodTeeWDined on 8/22/2014Quality food and quality service. First timer and extremely impressed.Special Features:
- Dark and SultryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Had a great Steak dinner, excellent handcrafted drinks, wonderful service, and listen to really great music in this dark and sultry hangout. Recommend visiting during happy hour for excellent bargains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hour!AnnaVeeDined on 8/21/2014Unique drinks and great service, what drew us was the happy hour with 50% off certain dishes and most steaks! Incredibly delicious and tender rib eye, and all the side dishes and appetizers were finished!! One companion did say the salmon wasn't very good, but overall a wonderful meal to celebrate a special occasion!!Special Features:
- LOve this place!!Gabrielle1990VIPDined on 8/19/2014This place is amazing, not only is the food beyond words, so is the happy hour! My sereve i forget her name but she remebers me everytime i go in!!!! so that of course makes the service even better than it is. the drinks are really good, bartenders are a little cocky but they are good at what they do! I would recommend this place to anyone any day of the week!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- H&R comes through againVegasFineDinerDined on 8/11/2014Third time. Food fantastic every time. Service hit or miss; pretty good this time. Steaks are perfect. Donuts can't be missed. Solidified as our go-to steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatfood2Dined on 8/9/2014EXCELLENT! All the way around. Great food, great prices, great service, and great happy hour. Overall, an excellent experience. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- dinnerSarahDined on 8/6/2014We went out for a work dinner. The food was awesome, we had a great time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dark and deliciouslisabVIPDined on 8/5/2014Herbs and Rye may be off the beaten path but it is worth the trip from the strip. The food was amazing and the cocktails outstanding. Just wish it was a tad brighter as reading the menu is a little challenging. Our group of 8 had a blast and everyone raved about their meals. The penne pasta, chopped salad, caprese and filet were the top picks but those dessert doughnuts with the dipping sauces were pretty awesome too. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- You need to try this place out!!!JK25Dined on 8/1/2014What a great place and wonderful vibe. Always a fantastic time. Good food and great drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/29/2014The service was excellent! They honored my request and had a booth by the bar reserved for us and brought out a dessert for my fathers birthday. Debra was our server and she definitely made our special occasion memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome best steaks in Las Vegas!ErlieDined on 7/18/2014I had never been to your restaurant, recommend by friends. I'm glad we went it's the best ever and I love your Happy hour! Your whole team made our night special.Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SOOO GreattwillyVIPDined on 7/15/2014I can't say enough about this gem. Don't be fooled by the restaurants very non-Vegas exterior. Once inside you will not be disappointed. Though I have patronized only during their fantastic Happy Hour! I would pay FULL price for everything I eat here. We had shrimp cocktail, steaks of varying cuts, asparagus, mac n cheese, mushrooms, jalepeno corn, and many many cocktails. My guests were super impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you're in the mood for steakBusinesstraveler2014VIPDined on 7/14/2014A bit too dark for me, but the steak lovers in the group raved about their selections. I will say the button mushrooms were awesome and the bit of food I ate was great. A long day in the sun likely contributed to a less than zealous review.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014This chef knows how to cook a steak. It was dark when we first got in, but after a while your eyes adjust. We had a jalapeno creamed corn side that was OUT OF THIS WORLD. The steak was cooked to perfection. We will definitely be eating here again.Special Features:
- Not a fair shotjenny282VIPDined on 7/5/2014I've heard so much about this place being a locals spot. Came here for dinner and asked for a booth and was sat in the bar area. Server was a young man, not very attentive but nice. I'll be back just to try some other stuff. I tried 2 solids on yelp and wasn't a fan. Steak wasn't wow! Nothing stood out. I'll be back for happy hour and try again.Special Features:
- Great Steaks, Close to DowntownMarieDined on 7/5/2014Steaks are as good as the steak houses on the Strip, but less expensive and the atmosphere is friendlier, not so pretentious. The steaks are cooked without a lot of seasoning (a sign of good meat, nothing to cover up). So you might want to order the delicious bleu cheese topping or the au poivre sauce for your steak.Special Features:
- Fabulous Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/1/2014Food was top notch. Drink list was amazing, with a bit of history with each description. Ask about flavors of liquers you don't know. Some of them are weird. The server had a full section so service was a little slow. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedPrietosDined on 6/21/2014We were there when it opened . There was trash all around the outside of the building .The bathroom floor's were sticky & it looked like nothing had been wiped down ! As for the food My steak was very good and my wife's linguine was more like soup with no flavor ! Our server was the high point of the night ~ Christian ~Special Features:
- great dinnerjohnbdiningDined on 6/20/2014it was a very good experience first time the staff was on point pointing out the different things available help make it very enjoyable the food was excellent will surely go back againSpecial Features:
- Great steak and dessertVegasFineDinerDined on 6/19/2014We were so impressed on our 1st visit, we had to come back. The steaks are fantastic, and the "donuts" are awesome. Salads and sides are good. Our waiter on the 1st visit was great -- everything you expect. This time, however, the waitress put a damper on things. All through the meal, she was rushing us -- to decide on drinks, on what to order, had us order dessert while we were still eating our steaks... When the steaks came, one of the sides was wrong and the other was given to the wrong person...which led us to wonder if they switched the Med/Med-Rare ribeyes. The waitress took my order for a 2nd glass of wine, but failed to deliver it; fortunately someone else came by to check on us and got the wine immediately. Still, I will go back.Special Features:
- Good steak, cool placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014I wasn't sure what to expect, having grown up in Vegas I had never hear of this place, but I found it on Open Table so I figured why not? I think its a little pricier than the $$ it gets, but the food didn't feel overpriced. I got the New York Strip and my gf got the Kansas City cut. Hers was more tender and less fatty, but both steaks were cooked well. The mac and cheese and brussels sprout sides were both delicious. Service was solid as well!Special Features:
- Best restaurant in VegasSazarac89Dined on 6/18/2014This is my go to restaurant when in Vegas. Every guest I bring, always leaves with a great experiance, especially since it is not near the "action" of downtown and the strip. Amazing drinks, amazing food and a great staff. I always recommend Herbs & Rye to people when then head to Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below averagetwonkDined on 6/16/2014No table reserved for us at requested time. Service was slow and it took over an hour for the food to arrive. Steaks, garlic mash were great and so were the Moscow Mules. Atmosphere was lively. By way of recompense for the slow service the cocktails were taken off the bill.Special Features:
- HAPPY HOUR ENTREES!!Cal77Dined on 6/16/2014Easy to find...don't let the exterior steer you away! Quite dark when you first enter, but you quickly become accustomed to it! We were first shown a table in the bar area, but found it to be a bit loud, so they let us sit in the regular dining area. Service was prompt...we ordered the calamari as an appetizer, which was probably the BEST calamari I have ever enjoyed! Three of us ordered their Happy Hour entrée selections of different cuts of steak and all were outstanding. There was an awesome selection of sides and all were delicious...from the lobster mac'n cheese to the jalapeno cream corn! Have never heard of Happy Hour specials on entrees...this goes to 8 pm! Will definitely return to this gem on our next visit to Vegas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014AMAZING AS USUAL! The Filet's are always so tender and juicy, very flavorful and the sides are to die for. YOU MUST try the fried calamari!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent night time spotRickyBDined on 6/14/2014I have to say, I'm not one for late night steak or cocktails. I have always preferred liquor straight or beer, but some of those drinks had the punch and flavor of a great scotch. The happy hour food prices were great, but be warned there aren't happy hour savings on cocktails and they don't post the price... Meaning drink costs will creep up on you quick. Other than the drinks being a little pricey, the joint was great! Food was awesome and the service was good for being a rather busy time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.