Henry's Tavern - Plano
5741 Legacy Drive
Plano, TX 75024Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Henry's Tavern - Plano
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.henrystavern.com/
- Phone: (972) 473-7252
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am;
Sunday 10:30pm - 2:00am
Brunch - Sunday from 10:30a - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: Jeff DiSanto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Jesse 9724737252x
A word from Henry's Tavern - Plano
Whet your appetite with more than 100 local and regional beers on our custom frost top drink rail. Then enjoy innovative tavern fare including urban burgers, crafted sausage, wok dishes, fresh salads, pizza, sushi and artisanal sandwiches. We take a great deal of pride of presenting a menu that has everything made fresh from scratch. Plan your special events in our spacious private dining rooms or come enjoy the game on one of our many flat screen TVs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Henry's Tavern - Plano - Best Restaurants in Plano ›
Henry's Tavern - Plano reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (19)good for groups (11)great for lunch (9)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)romantic (1)Show More
- MediocreTexTheCarnivoreDined on 11/25/2014They did not have one of the specials that we ordered. Then what was ordered as a replacement was brought with the wrong side. Also the burgers were really greasy. I guess they do beer but since I don't drink beer this is really not the spot for me.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014We had a big group coming and going for a birthday celebration. We were moved into the tap room. It was fantastic. It shut out all of the outside noise and allowed us to all sit together. The service was great and the food was unique and delicious. We went out into the bar after dinner for the more lively scene. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for groups but would use one of their party rooms. The noise level was high in the main area.Special Features:
- 1CapDined on 10/28/2014Wait time to be seated was more than we expected since the restaurant was not that busy. Very long time for a waitress to show up on our table. Waitress was friendly but not engaged on following up with us about our orders. Food took over 30 minutes to arrive. Drinks were not refilled unless we asked for it except for one time that the waitress did it without asking her. Food taste was really good except for the Margarita Pizza. It was just ok, not very warm and nothing special. Overall, the place is ok if you are not watching the time. We were a group that had to go back to work and took us more time than the planned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AZBUCKSDined on 10/15/2014not thrilled with the experience. multiple errors and the food was average, little flavorI would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night Out with FriendsBaxterDined on 10/3/2014Great beer list and variety of foods. Something for everyone and several TV's for watching your favorite team. Service was quick and food good. Our group had pizza, burger, fist taco and bratwurst. Everyone sampled and have to say, burger won out for this night. A good place to go with a group of friends for a fun night of casual dining. Outdoor patio and bar area was packed! We would like to try their Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- LoudMimiDined on 9/27/2014The food was pretty average. There wasn't anything spectacular about it but it wasn't horrible either. We were there around 8 p.m. on a Saturday night and it was definitely LOUD. My group had difficulty hearing each other talk and there were only 4 of us at the table. if you weren't sitting next to the person and they weren't yelling at you, you probably wouldn't hear them. I found it more of a sports restaurant as there were lots of TV screens around that had different games going on. This might be great for some people who like the atmosphere but it is definitely not a good place for a romantic date. Our server was very slow, probably due to the large number of people there but at the same time, we had to ask him for the same things multiple times. I don't like servers who are not attentive. I understand you're busy but try to remember or write down what you need to do.Special Features:
- New to townDallasnewbie25Dined on 9/20/2014Went for a late lunch at the bar on a Tuesday and had a great experience!! Decided to go back for a dinner on a Saturday night and was sadly disappointed with the service. Two out of the three dinner plates were incorrect and the server did not say sorry and almost seemed to avoid our table afterward. Took 10 minutes for the server to bring our check even though he walked past us a couple times knowing that we were clearly finished and waiting. Food was good, just hoping we caught someone on a off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Had chicken Caesar Salad. Salad was good but chicken was very tough. Client had ahi salad &said the fish was not freshSpecial Features:
- Hostess training requiredkgigsDined on 9/3/2014The hostess was the worst I have experienced from a restaurant in years. She had an attitude and her tone was just downright nasty! I was holding an after hours business function for 6 and was debating on sitting in, or, outside. She acted as of if I was an inconvenience... why I have no idea no one other than myself was at the desk. I quickly decided to sit inside she basically told me to find my own table and walked away from me. The kicker was we had a reservation! I should have demanded to see a manager, however, had enough on my plate trying to pull off the business function. Our server on the other hand was the complete opposite and provided excellent service.Special Features:
- Group gatheringAnnidinnerDined on 8/9/2014I organized a group of 7 to meet for food and drinks. Good was excellent and so was the atmosphere. The service could have been better however. The drinks took a long time everytime we ordered more and the waitress said the bar was backed up. Also she left out finished plates sitting in front of us for some time that we asked another person to take them. Otherwise we enjoyed it! Good band too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Norman, our waiter, was great. The food was not. :(Special Features:
- The following 157 reviews are from the Henry's Tavern - Plano reviews archive.
- No big whoopKatzDined on 7/25/2014I wouldn't necessarily go for the food, which was just OK but way overpriced--they're charging a premium for barely average food. The beer selection is good, the bar was inconsistent. My wife ordered a mojito. The first one was very good, but we sent back the second and it's replacement. She ended up ordering a Coors Light. Portions are ample but the quality was barely there and the kitchen messed up our order three times. I think it comes down to knowing what to order and staying with the beer.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014For your purpose, Friday night was too noisy. But I was told that it is quieter on other days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placetryinnewplacesDined on 7/3/2014Awesome service, awesome food.Great service, not sure if I can ads much moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindmrsberthaDined on 7/2/2014Henry's Tavern has the best burgers I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUIEDined on 6/28/2014I little bit too noisy for diners. We could not have a conversations during dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great American FoodGTRTech2014Dined on 6/21/2014The reservation was very simple and quick. We got seated right away. The valet was quick & courteous. The staff is great. Music was very good ( Live music). We went on a Saturday night. The game area was packed. The beer selection is big. The Caesar Salad ( grilled) was out of this world. we would surly comeback again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun In Friscomizzou76Dined on 6/20/2014Great find for brunch, lunch, dinner or hanging out.Special Features:
- Great for lunchrikiegaleDined on 6/20/2014We loved our visit to Henry's Tavern for lunch. It was a great place for parties whom don't always agree on menu choice. Henry's has such a wide selection of food choices you're sure to find something that everyone will love.Special Features:
- Loved itGreatfordiningDined on 6/19/2014The food was great. The happy hour drinks were good and service was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing father's day buffettpajDined on 6/15/2014We were seated on time but were not allowed to take from the buffet until our plates came. Waitstaff seemed overextended but friendly and willing. Had to wait for buffet to be restocked - many items empty. Menu item one of our party ordered took too long to come out. No silverware on table. Drink refills almost nonexistent but as noted the staff was overextended.
- Phenomenal VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014The restaurant has excellence food and service. I am from Jackson, MS, and it feels great to have a place that reminds me of home. The servers and waiters/waitresses are so friendly. And the food is amazing! Simply put, I have yet to have a terrible experience here. Job well done!Special Features:
- Not badLisaMDined on 6/14/2014Food was just ok. Menu sounds better than the food actually is. Service was ok but indifferent. Music is loud, not great for a dinner where you are trying to make conversation. But great for bar atmosphere and the live music was good. I'd go back for drinks and listening to the music or watching a game, maybe a bite of food while drinking. But not for a meal. Great beer selection.Special Features:
- great foodyemiDined on 6/13/2014The food and service as well as cleanliness deserve a 10 the only point that keeps us from gpoing more often is the noise level. There is no place to sit where you can hold a conversation without screaming..... please find a couple of places where people who want toenjoy the food and ambiance as well as other people in their party with less ambiance noise level. It doesnot ha e to be the whole place but maybe an area where the speakers are not turned on at the loudest. Your food is great let everyone enjoy without the loud noiseSpecial Features:
- Great experience overall but noisymstamp62Dined on 5/30/2014Food and service were great, but the noise level was very high.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caught them at a slow timeBeerSearcherDined on 5/26/2014It looked like it was going to be a good lunch but our order was late or messed up. Management made it right by comping some things. The food was very tasty and the beers we tried were also good. I think we caught them at a slow time and maybe a little understaffed. It was a late lunch time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itMikeStmfDined on 5/25/2014Great service, great food. Music was a little loud and we spoke to the manager and he took care of it immediately. Would go back in a minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is a Waste of TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/18/2014We went to their brunch and was thoroughly disappointed with the service and cleanliness of the establishment. The waiter strolled by our table after waiting 10 minutes.... it was a buffet but you had to wait for them to give you the dishes. When we got our dishes, 3 of 4 were dirty... had food stuck on them. This kind of ruined the whole meal.
- Great Patio!lovedthemusicDined on 5/17/2014We dined on the patio and loved the live music, Vic Duncan was just wonderful with great music and very entertaining with the people on the patio. Food was good, enjoyed the Happy Burger and will trya salad next time. Inside was really hard to hear the band that was playing, too loud.Special Features:
- Not busy on Mother's Day...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/11/2014Choose it because we could get a reservation on Mother's Day, and the food was good the last time we were there. Even though it wasn't busy, food came out cold for a few people at our table. The waffle fries appetizer and pork chop entree were yummy though.
- MimiDined on 5/11/2014My partner and I have chicken sandwich and chicken was a bid dry. The bread wasn't that good either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Highly recommend the brunch on Sunday's. The brunch buffet that we experienced on Mother's day was awesome and had all that you could want.Special Features:
- Sorry Mom!packergirl469Dined on 5/11/2014Unfortunately, this was my third (and last) visit to Henry's and the worst experience yet. We were taking mom out for the brunch buffet. Upon arriving and being seated, our party of 5 waited nearly 15 minutes before our waiter appeared to take our drink order. It was another 10 minutes before he returned with water for all (2 Mimosas) and plates for the buffet. It took nearly an hour for my father to receive the coffee he had ordered. The buffet quality and selection was average but many trays set empty for 10-15 minutes before being re-filled. Overall, the staff and management simply seemed overwhelmed for the day. Unfortunately, poor service and a disappointing experience has become the theme at Henry's. Sorry mom!
- Great atmosphere - great food!Salyn73Dined on 4/26/2014Enjoyed dinner and drinks with live music, then came back later for more drinks at the bar. Fabulous place - will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchBrunchmanDined on 4/20/2014Dirty plates. Great waiter. Manger great. As far as the food I was expecting a bigger selection for Easter Brunch and since it was $26 for an adult so that was a little disappointing but the food that was available was adequate. Needed more flavor. Some of the stations were empty so I had to make a second run to experience all of the selections. The bloody mary bar was awesome! They had most of all of the ingredients that I like. Even pickled asparagus. Yummy! For special occasions I would like to have heard a one man band or DJ.Special Features:
- Not for BrunchJackDined on 4/20/2014The food, with the exception of the custom made omelet, was inedible. At the beginning of the line, there were no plates. When they finally brought some, the first 2 were dirty. And I'm not picky. The fruit selections were good. The muffins looked and tasted like they just came out of a box, as did the cinammon rolls. Actually they tasted like the box. The scrambled eggs were cold and tasteless. The biscuits were cold, dry and stale. The gravy looked like it came out of a can. The pancakes appeared to have been microwaved from a frozen state. The bacon wasn't cooked, and some of it was so spicy that I couldn't eat it. It was obvious that this place has no business trying to do a buffet, as they know nothing about how to go about it.
- It's a barDebraVIPDined on 4/18/2014I think the only reason why this place is exists is that there really isn't much of a bar scene in Plano. Lots of bad music, poorly dressed lost souls and noise. Did I mention the noise level is deafening? Don't even try to hold a conversation with anyone. Poor service but amazing bar food. That was the only redeeming quality of our experience.Special Features:
- Food was ok. Waiter was notSusanVIPDined on 4/11/2014Food was ok. Waiter was not good. He would never come and fill our drinks. We could never find him. We wanted to order appetizers and we could not find him to order them. We finally asked someone else and it was too late our food arrived. Music was way to loud. We were screaming at each other at the table to talk. I could not wait to get out if there.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchChrisHHVIPDined on 3/30/2014The brunch was good, not great, and probably nothing I'd rush back for...but I left satisfied. I think Blue Mesa will remain my upscale brunch of choice in the area. The Bloody Mary bar wasn't bad, but the glasses were too small.Special Features:
- This place is always busy!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2014Food was great as always. Restaurant was packed and the live music was pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.