Henry's Tavern - Plano
5741 Legacy Drive
Plano, TX 75024Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Henry's Tavern - Plano
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.henrystavern.com/
- Phone: (972) 473-7252
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am;
Sunday 10:30pm - 2:00am
Brunch - Sunday from 10:30a - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: Jeff DiSanto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Jesse 9724737252x
A word from Henry's Tavern - Plano
Whet your appetite with more than 100 local and regional beers on our custom frost top drink rail. Then enjoy innovative tavern fare including urban burgers, crafted sausage, wok dishes, fresh salads, pizza, sushi and artisanal sandwiches. We take a great deal of pride of presenting a menu that has everything made fresh from scratch. Plan your special events in our spacious private dining rooms or come enjoy the game on one of our many flat screen TVs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Henry's Tavern - Plano - Best Restaurants in Plano ›
Henry's Tavern - Plano reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (19)good for groups (11)great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Amazing Experience!!FoodJunkieDined on 3/19/2014My co-workers and I chose this spot to celebrate my birthday!! It was truly the best choice! Service we excellent!!! We even had an opportunity to meet the Sous Chef, who came out to make sure our appetizer was good and apologized for the first appetizer that was sent out. Interestingly enough, we didn't even realize there was anything wrong with the first appetizer, it was all amazing. He just wanted to make sure our appetizer was hot! We couldn't believe the customer service we received. It was a relief and a pleasant surprise. The food was amazing; atmosphere wonderful; and service, well...I think you get the picture. We will definitely return on our next trip out to Plano!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was amazing.JackiefromFriscoDined on 3/15/2014Norman was our server. He was one of the best waiters we have ever had. Extremely attentive with great knowledge of the menu, even the beer menu....of which there are over 100. I went with my husband, my kids ages 9 and 10, and a friend. The kids loved the spinach and artichoke dip and the giant pretzel. Both my husband and friend has fish. I had the chopped southwest salad. Everyone was happy with their meals. I was surprised to see how many young children were there. The reviews implied it was loud and perhaps not kid friendly but as long as you sit away from the bar, they will be very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placekdbensonVIPDined on 3/14/2014Service & food was very good but was expensive for what it was. Michelob Ultra $5, seafood skewer w/rice special -very expensive - $28 w/ very little on it (2 sm shrimp, 2 sm pieces salmon, 2 sm scallops ,2 mushrooms, few peppers /onions) It was well prepared but very skimpy for the price .Peppered salmon was good but was $22. Guess I wasn't expecting that from a "pub" type restaurant. Prob bc rent is high & have to charge higher prices to cover it. Fun place but , I'd rather go somewhere else for the $. I'd expect that in downtown Dallas/ Fort Worth but not Plano. It's too bad because we did enjoy ourselves and had a nice dinner. Just felt it was a bit overpricedSpecial Features:
- NewbyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014Visiting with wife and friend and I can only say that I wish this place was in my hometown of Memphis. Our waiter RJ was great and on top of his game. He was honesty and very friendly. I highly recommend if you are in Plano to stop in and soak of the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual, but still classyJaneDined on 3/8/2014Always good food, great service, and live music. Terrific beer selection. Casual, fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food alwaysyemiDined on 3/8/2014the menu is very open and varied so there is always something for everyoneSpecial Features:
- Good Food, Too Loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014The food was very good but it was too loud in there to carry on good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service....JoeHDined on 2/28/2014A little loud at night with the live band, we will go back when we have more time to chill and listen.....very good drinks too and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placetryinnewplacesDined on 2/14/2014My daughter and I were looking for a place to eat on a friday which was also Valentine's day with a 5 yr old. Of course everything was full so I turned to the internet. This place was nicer than I expected, not really a place for kids but they were prepared and had crayons. The service/server was excellent even for such s busy night they sure had it down. I will be back with my girlfriends as the bar area was hopin and the music was great..just a little loud for where we were seated. Bring you kids for lunch, just not necessarily for dinner. The food was pretty good, orange chicken a little bland..a nice place, would have dressed better had we known...lolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines dateDutchmanDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I dined at Henry's on Valentines day. They had candles on the tables. They also had a special menu for the night. The choices were two salads, three main courses and a dessert.. We went with the special menu, both ordering the prime rib as our main course. We also ordered a bottle of red wine to drink dusting the meal. Unfortunately the waitress was not paying attention to detail, or the kitchen was way over zealous, because our main meal came out before our salads. The waitress was nowhere to be found on many occasions with other patrons waiting long lengths of time to order or make comments. Overall the evening was not as nice as expectedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first time experienceCATHDined on 2/14/2014The service was the best we have had in a very long time anywhere--the female server was friendly and helpful, but didn't overstep her bounds. We had some special order requests and she was happy to oblige and make the experience perfect. The manager came by our table to make sure we were happy as well. And the food was really good as well. We are hoping to have a birthday party in one of their private rooms as well.Special Features:
- Lots of beer on tap!StanVIPDined on 2/14/2014Enjoyed an Alaskan Amber and onion rings, as well as, playing table shuffleboard. Burgers were average, unfortunately. Would not order them again. This is a great place to sit at the bar, enjoy a cold beer (kept cold on their ice strip around the bar!!!), have an appetizer and play pool or table shuffleboard. The love music was also great. Brandon provided excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2014Food and service was very good. The negative was the temperature was very cold and the musician was so loud you could not have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun brunch placeLBDonovanDined on 2/1/2014The food is good and the shuffleboard tables are always fun. The service could be much faster but there are plenty of TVs to distract you while you wait for your drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- one to add to the rotationluv2dineDined on 1/25/2014We first came here for a holiday party and returned this past weekend to sample some more of the menu. If you like blue cheese, this is the place for you. They use it on many menu items. The fries with the blue cheese are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceMyrnaVIPDined on 1/18/2014Henry's has great ribs and anything with BBQ sauce as they make their own. The menu is not over the top unique, but it is easy to get in, has live music on Fridays and a good crowd. Good family place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for the occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2014It was a girls' night out and we had fun. Reservation was ready for us even when we arrived early. Food was great but service was really slow. This particular evening we didn't mind because we were all catching up, however server probably could have made a lot more money on us if drinks had been ordered and brought out quicker. It took a long time to get a second round!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must tryConnie4Dined on 1/18/2014My husband and 2 daughters ages 15 and 11 had dinner at Henry's for the first time. We all ordered off the main menu expect for my 11 year old. I had the pigs in a blanket and my daughter had the grown up mac and cheese. I do not recall what my husband had but we all agreed the food was delicious. Our waiter was a trainee but he was wonderful! It was a little loud for my taste but aside from that we loved the place. The area offered valet parking as The Shops at Legacy parking can be hard to find a place to park but we arrived early enough (6:30 pm) to park in the garage right behind the restaurant. We are planning to go back again when we have friends visit us from Ohio!Special Features:
- Incredible Group Dining ExperiencecrspillnerDined on 1/18/2014Our birthday group of 20+ was treated with fantastic dedication to service and detail. We walked away wanting to come back again. The Team at Henry's really made this birthday extra special. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatleicoxDined on 1/17/2014Our service was horrible...waiter told us drinks were half off for happy hour and didn't honor it. He didn't know the drink menu or even what a Pinot Grigio was. The food was way too salty...just not a great experience.
- Ladies night gatheringSjayVIPDined on 1/16/2014What a great surprise Henry's turned out to be! Very nice menu selections and the drinks were excellent. Our waiter was outstanding. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for any occassionDiningDivaVIPDined on 1/11/2014The food here is delicious and the menu options seem endless- from tacos to burgers to Pan Asian. Everything coming out of the kitchen always looks amazing and our meal didn't leave us disappointed. They also just implemented a rewards program- a point for each dollar spent- which will have my fiance and I returning much more often!Special Features:
- Girls nightZcurlyoneDined on 1/10/2014Went out with a group of girlfriends. Menu had something for everyone. Drinks were good. Service was good. Music was good... Thought they would open up a dance floor at some point so we could keep our girls night there, but didn't so we went elsewhere. Overall great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A decent place to start an eveningvManDined on 1/10/2014Noise levels are just this side of bothersome, unless it's you and your group being boisterous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As AlwaysNightOwlVIPDined on 1/4/2014This place is great. Food, service and atmosphere. Alway a great time.Special Features:
- Okay Food, Crazy Noisy, So-so svcFrankDined on 1/4/2014Had dinner with friends, table of 5, Sat. Jan. 3, 2013. Expected a sports bar to be noisy, but when the live music started to play over the big screen TVs, the noise killed table conversation. Food was a mix of good (no-bean chili, gorgonzola fries) and mediocre (orange chicken with almost no orange flavor). Service was disappointing. When the waiter does not bring out your food, the food bringer almost never knows who ordered what, so it's left to the customer to help them sort it. That's poor service in my book! In any case, after the food was delivered to our table, our waitress never came back to the table to ask if we needed anything, nor did she even ask if we'd like dessert. We left the place hoarse, probably never to return.Special Features:
- Unpleasently loudKikiBugDined on 1/4/2014We went to Henry's Thanksgiving for brunch. Loved it. It was quiet & service was great, but not many people there. We received 2 $20 coupons which was fantastic! We wanted to treat friends to a good dinner. Food was great, but were disappointed in the atmosphere. We wanted to watch a playoff game & thought this would be a great place to watch since it's a sports bar. This was not the case; TV's were too small to see well from where we were seated, there was a HUGE crowd there for a college playoff game & live music. The noise level would have been manageable w/o the live music. We were able to carry on a conversation when there was no singing. Henry's is good & may try it again, but we were very disappointed for the reasons we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally Enjoyed!ErikaDined on 1/3/2014The food at Henry's Tavern is really great! One of my new favorites! Took some clients for lunch and they loved it too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch FanaticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/1/2014I not too crazy about their dinner menu but I love their brunch. It's incredible!!! I just wish their mimosas were cheaper than $4 a glass or have an unlimited option. Besides that I have no complaints.Special Features:
- Henry's Tavern is a HITDDing2016Dined on 12/31/2013I have been to Henry's for groups Happy Hours after work, my daughter's Sweet 16 dinner celebration and to end the year 2013 celebration. Our concierge, Jasmine that works the front desk and Brandon were of amazing service! I remember these two important people because they left impressionable service. I will always be a returning guest and will recommend Henry's to people I know and don't know ;-) Thank you, Detra DavisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer selection and goodagman0608Dined on 12/31/2013Great beer selection and good place to watch a game. In fairness in the review we went new years eve so its hard to tell exactly about the noise and service. Everyone was very polite it just took awhile to get food and drinks but for new years eve it didn't seem too bad. I would go back for the drink selection and fun place to relax after work and watch sports.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!BethDined on 12/31/2013Went for New Year's Eve and was able to get a table for 8 people quickly and the food was great. The service was a little slow but to be expected on a holiday.Special Features:
- will go backtxchef320Dined on 12/30/2013First timers and we were pleased. Have the cornbread for dessert and not your appetizer. Trust meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still not up to their potentialPickyDinerDined on 12/25/2013Henry's will always tell you that they have 100 beers on tap. They need to clarify that... they have 100 taps but they never have 100 beers - at least not in my last 3 visits. Christmas Day was the worst yet as they were out of half of the beers we requested. Heck, the waiter knew they were out of one when he took our order and suggested another... and they were even out of that. Hint guys... if you can't stock enough beer for 100 taps, remove them. I'd rather go to a place that advertised 50 beers on tap that had them all than I would go to a place where I never knew if they would have my beer or not. Christmas menu was a reduced version but still no better than any of our other trips - ho-hum. Nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service everPoorexperienceVIPDined on 12/22/2013Our waiter kept disappearing and we had to ask for things 3-4 times before he'd come back with them. The dinner took 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Good Atmosphere, Great BeeryoungrdDined on 12/21/2013Henry's has some above average food and a cool bar environment. Would recommend to those wanting some good selection of beers and a night of relaxing or playing pool and shuffleboard even.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fun, slow servicehalesscDined on 12/14/2013Henry's is great for hanging out with friends for a meal or a drink. However, when the waitress doesn't have any knowledge about half of their menu it's a bit of a buzz kill. This is the first issue I've had with their service after being there multiple times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Henry's Tavernkadamms1591Dined on 11/28/2013Went to Henry's Tavern on Thanksgiving Day. Dinner was great - properly prepared and nicely presented. Sat in the bar area and loved that they played classic rock the entire time. My server was very friendly and what she didn't know, she found out quickly. Reasonable prices. Nice pub décor. I will to back to this bar/restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thanksgiving Experience!cornnut32Dined on 11/28/2013For Thanksgiving this year, we opted to go out. We loved every bit of it! The staff was very friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere was great. It was not loud even though nearly every table was full. The decor and music were very well done. The food was delicious. We had cornbread, beer cheese soup (which was especially good) and calamari to start. The breading and cocktail sauce with the calamari was among the best I've ever had. For the meal, we all ordered the traditional turkey dinner, although there were other options. Even my kids, who are picky eaters, loved it. My 5 year old, who hates green beans, ate almost every green bean on his plate because they were so good. Everything was cooked and seasoned perfectly!Special Features:
- it wasv way too loud thenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013it wasv way too loud then band inside made it impossible to hear, talk or enjoy the evrning