New York, NY 10025Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.henrysnyc.com/
- Phone: 2128660600
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Barrett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Cross Street: 105th Street (NW Corner)
- Public Transit: The West Side IRT (#'s 1 & 9 trains) stop at 103rd and 110th Streets. HENRY's is a three minute walk from the 103rd Street stop and a five minute walk from the 110th Street stop. The M104, the M116 and the famous LaGuardia Airport bus, the M60 stop at 106th and Broadway putting you right on our block.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: There is ample on street parking around HENRY's. The bad news is that the parking meters are expensive (25¢ per 10 minutes!) and need to be fed 'til 10pm. Please be aware that the city is very diligent about ticketing. The good news is that we have plenty of quarters available at the bar and we would be happy to run out to feed your meter. We don't want to interrupt your meal. Oh, and on Sundays the meters do not need feeding so come enjoy our bountiful Upper West Side Brunch in peace.
A word from Henry's Restaurant
HENRY's is a modern American bistro located on Manhattan's Upper West Side. Our gracious and spacious Dining Room, Bar and Sidewalk Cafe are designed after the Arts & Crafts masterpiece, the Gamble House with mahogany wainscoting and French doors. The walls are filled with bright, food-themed poster art from the Herman Miller Company's Summer Picnic series. HENRY's is the restaurant that one of New York's greatest neighborhoods deserves. We serve an extensive menu of contemporary American bistro food for Lunch, Brunch, Dinner and Late Night. Our bar offers an all-American wine program based on the discovery of delicious wines at accessible prices. We serve an exciting cocktail list, bottled beer on ice and fresh craft beers. HENRY's management and staff meet here every day of the year (except Christmas) to offer our loyal Guests the gift of our work and the value of our experience. We offer great food and beverage at a reasonable price with healthy portions of abundant service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Henry's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (70)great for brunch (54)great for lunch (50)great for outdoor dining (43)good for groups (39)kid-friendly (25)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (16)late-night find (10)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (9)romantic (8)hot spot (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- A Perennial Favoriteluv2eatDined on 9/13/2014I particularly love this restaurant at lunchtime. I'd call the atmosphere low-keyed but also jolly and, while there is always a crowd, the staff is relaxed and truly helpful. Everyone seems to know his or her role and all always goes smoothly. This is a well-trained staff. Any time of day, too, the food is good. The room is spacious and cozy at the same time. This is a neighborhood with several attractive restaurants, but Henry's remains my favorite as it strives to make its patrons feel like welcomed guests.Special Features:
- An occasionluv2dineDined on 9/6/2014Exceptional, charming and hospitable. Sumptuous, delicious and healthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great timeTampaDaveDined on 9/6/2014Anna was a great server, the strip steaks were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and thoughtful staffAnotherWestSiderDined on 9/3/2014Neither my friend nor I ordered anything exciting, so I can say only that the food was good, solid, competent, and exactly as expected. Service was quick, though we were never rushed. What impressed me very much was the thoughtfulness of the restaurant: When I reserved, I reserved for two but noted that we might be joined by a third, depending on the third's schedule. The restaurant called me that morning, I thought to confirm (which I did) but to volunteer that they would set up for three and if the third did not show up, we two would still be fine. Not many restaurants would give away a larger table for a smaller group. (The third person could not make it, but we were not hassled in any way, asked to move, etc.). Very, very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on the Upper WestBikingdocDined on 8/30/2014Consistently excellent food without the crowding together of tables that makes many NYC restaurants unpleasant. Also appreciate the bike parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food/inexperienced serviceuws6foodieDined on 8/29/2014We had a great meal, but the service was mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local SpotDrBsreviewsVIPDined on 8/23/2014Food was great, drinks were well prepared. Not noisy at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time enthusiastMenufiqueVIPDined on 8/11/2014This was my first visit to Henry's, but definitely not the last. It was recommended by somebody who lives in the neighborhood. Despite living on the opposite side of Central Park, I would go out of my way to revisit. Friendly, accommodating staff, good wine list and appetizing menu. Only negative was they were sold out of the dinner special I wanted.Special Features:
- Always a great time at Henry'sTampaDaveDined on 8/9/2014Henry's has been a family favorite for many years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Henry'sNicediningDined on 8/9/2014Henry's is a neighborhood gem. The food was very good and the service is excellent. We enjoyed the fish specials. Everything was fresh and tasted delicious. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Rare treatUWSLoyalistDined on 8/9/2014Henry's has one of the more pleasant Manhattan dining atmospheres. Low noise and plenty of room. It is great when you want to have dinner conversation without yelling. The food and service have always been terrific too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best neighborhood option to talkvinceDined on 8/9/2014Use to both dine with friends and business associates because one can talk because the noise levels are reasonable, except for occasional too loud amplified music. The live music is fine, but sometimes staff jacks up the recorded music so you can't hear. Food is reliable and good.Special Features:
- EXcellent and ReliableElaineVIPDined on 8/2/2014The title says it all, except to add the space itself is large and airy with a charming ambience, you are never rushed, you never have to wait for a table, and back to the title, the food is reliably excellent. Also, the choices of many.Special Features:
- luv2eatDined on 7/29/2014I love Henry's. It's a relaxing place with thoughtful service and good food. It's also a very pretty place. I've been there for brunch and lunch and dinner and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Solid standardAlatLunchDined on 7/27/2014Reliable Sunday brunch or Tuesday dinner. Nice outdoor space on a less busy than most sidewalk cafe space. A bit expensive for the neighborhood but the days of cheap eats in pleasant bistro digs may be over...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal Neighborhood PlacejustenjoyitDined on 7/26/2014Especially on the Upper West Side, New York restaurants are becoming either costly big deals or pretentious, noisy scenes. A reliable place like Henry's seems like the real gem. The food and the menu hardly push the envelope, and they may not fire the imagination, but both are consistently quite good, served easily in a spacious, charming ambience that is relaxed and inviting. The bar is a pleasant place to be, brunch is a good deal (everything is reasonable, in fact) and you never feel like you're on top of the people at the next table. Dining out is becoming Darwinian in Manhattan - the planning, the cost, the level of tension and noise can test your will - and Henry's represents none of that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014You can find something on the menu to please everyone. Portions are good and service is excellent. Roomy, not noisy even when busy.Special Features:
- Unexpectedly Amazing!Foodluver40Dined on 7/26/2014Did not expect such great food from a seemingly casual restaurant. Great food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An all-American classicURvAVIPDined on 7/24/2014We've now been at Henry's a couple of times since we moved to the neighborhood. It's a reliable all-American restaurant with good food, friendly service, and a nice, bustling atmosphere.Special Features:
- West Side GemRickDined on 7/22/2014This is the 5th time we have been to Henry's the food and staff are consistently good. The décor is pleasant and it is not outrageously priced. We meet friends there who drive in from NJ and can park normally right in front of the restaurant. We live on the East side so it is convenient for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for the nabeFoodsterVIPDined on 7/17/2014Henry's is "steady as she goes." It's very good, non spectacular, but delivers well prepared fresh and nicely served dishes at good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not into the soccer gameCityMouseDined on 7/1/2014We asked specifically by phone several times if there would be a sports bar atmosphere and were assured several times by phone that there would not be a sports bar atmosphere. I was having a farewell dinner with a dear friend. I am temporarily leaving the UWS for points West. Henry has always been a fave of mine. But we would not have come here if we had known it was going to be noisy and game focused. We had trouble having a real conversation. Oh well. Would have been nice if the staff had been more honest about the soccer game, the big screen, the sound, etc.Special Features:
- mamcuDined on 6/29/2014our go to for family gathering, including occasions...Special Features:
- confortableLolaandAleDined on 6/29/2014We come from Spain and we feel like a local. Service is great and food lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendMary30VIPDined on 6/29/2014Great option if you want to sit outside without broiling. Awning is big and shade is always provided. Food is reasonably priced and consistently good. Sweet potato fries are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great eveningCanonRiderDined on 6/25/2014Hosted a group of eight to celebrate a special occasion. We showed up at 6:30pm and didn't leave until after 11:00. Wonderful menu - awesome specials - attentive waitstaff, to a very long-lasting occupation of the table. Great to introduce seven friends to (for them) a new place.Special Features:
- BwrightDined on 6/24/2014I come there often when in NYC. The decor, the food and the staff are all excellent. Love those Herman Miller posters too.Special Features:
- Great foodCwheelerDined on 6/22/2014The atmosphere is very nice, great for dates or family dinner and the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have always enjoyed Henry'sTampaDaveDined on 6/16/2014Henry's is a great place to enjoy a fantastic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's day flopSUNYPARENTDined on 6/15/2014Kitchen was very very slow, waiting about 40 minutes for pancakes and eggs. We ordered eggs which came with hash browns. Was served eggs and at least 5 minutes later brought french fries. We questioned the waitress who said, that's what we serve. Then we asked the manager. He explained they ran out of hash browns and were serving french fries. He apologized for the problem and how long it took for us to get our food. but then when the check came, there was a charge for a side of hash browns. ($4) First of all the dish came with the hash browns, and second of all we didn't get hash browns. We asked the waitress to take the charge off and she did. The pancakes were dry and cold. I can not recommend this restaurant for brunch.
- Nothing Specialgypo53Dined on 6/15/2014Went for brunch. Very limited choices. I had the French toast, which was dry and cold. The applewood bacon with it was good. 2 others I was with had pancakes and eggs Benedict. They liked it but weren't overwhelmed.Special Features:
- Solid in every wayDicksonButtmanDined on 6/14/2014Henry's is a favorite. A standby. A neighborhood never-fail. The food never disappoints and the ambience is big and airy and open and cool. I never regret an evening at Henry's and I've been a number of times. And will, of course, return again and again…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cisusaDined on 6/11/2014When I made the reservation I should have been told that 3/4 of the restaurant had been reserved for a teachers party at Lunchtime for when I made my business lunch. The food was good but if I had known about the party I would have gone somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulrobinVIPDined on 6/6/2014Everything was wonderful Beautiful evening and we sat outside. Nice crowd. Wonderful service. Food was great. Had dozen oysters to start and they were yummy.. Main, wine and dessert and cappuccino all great ! Just great food, great service and fun and relaxing atmosphere!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frieswiththatVIPDined on 6/6/2014Service was mediocre on a recent night, with them never bringing one dish, never refilling water and bringing dinner 2 minutes after it was ordered so really rushing a leisurely meal. However, the weather was excellent making the sidewalk seating very enjoyable. Food is generally good, not great, but reliable.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experiencestevealfieDined on 6/4/2014I ate here for the first time yesterday, at the suggestion of a friend, and I had a wonderful time. First, the restaurant space is surprisingly large for an Upper West Side establishment. The hostess was warm and friendly. I was a little surprised at the number of people (quite a few) who were eating here for lunch (for me, always a good sign). I had for my appetizer a bowl of chilled asparagus soup, which was quite frankly, one of the best soups I've ever had. Very creamy and tasty. I then had the special of the day, Salmon burger. It was just excellent. Best of all, you could tell that the food is freshly prepared. The wait staff was attentive but not intrusive. I look forward to many more lunches and dinners at Henry's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful!LCdinerVIPDined on 6/3/2014'Nuff said! I am counting the characters as I have 0 to say!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/1/2014Fine place for a leisurely brunch. Egg s and polenta were very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RenaeDined on 6/1/2014I like Henry's. It's the restaurant I choose when I have out of town visitors or want a more special place. The food is good and the environment is pleasant and I feel like I am surrounded by real people.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2014Our group had a great time and we weren't rushed to leaveSpecial Features: