Henry's - Red Hawk Casino
1 Red Hawk Parkway
Placerville, CA 95667Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Henry's - Red Hawk Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://redhawkcasino.com/
- Phone: 8884734295
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Closed Monday and Tuesday Mahogany Bar opens at 4:00pm daily for cocktails and small plates, Closed Monday and Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jerrett Davis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Book your private party from 12 to 16 people Wednesday through Sunday, we offer special prix menus for small groups. Call to inqury about availablility
- Private Party Facilities: Henry's Steakhouse offers three unique private dining options including a Chef's table interactive experience. Adjacent to the wine cellar is a wine tasting table perfect for intimate parties. Lastly Henry's offers a larger room comfortable for groups up to 16.
- Private Party Contact: Alex Stannius 5306724109
- Entertainment: Russian Standard Platinum Vodka Martinis always $4.00
- Special Events: Celebrate Mother's Day Brunch 10:30am to 3pm Sunday May 13th, $42.50 per guest.
A word from Henry's - Red Hawk Casino
Red Hawk Casino's flagship restaurant, Henry's Steakhouse is dining at its finest, featuring 28 day Dry Aged in house Allen Brothers USDA Prime Midwestern Corn Feed Prime Steaks and Hand Cut by our Butcher, Fresh seafood, lamb, poultry and carefully selected wines from El Dorado, Napa and Sonoma County along with wines from around the world. More than 80 wines by the glass and over 700 selections are guaranteed to satisfy the most discerning taste. Ensconce yourself in rich leather seats and wood detailed interiors in a warm club atmosphere. Enjoy a signature cocktail from the Mahogany Bar with more than 650 different selections. Personalized service by our dedicated professionals will provide a truly unforgettable experience. Henry's is open 5 days for dinner, closed Monday and Tuesday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Henry's - Red Hawk Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
- very goodFrankDined on 6/9/2013I like this steakhouse. I booked this for my wifes birthday through opentable and in the comment section I mentioned it is my wifesbirthday. Well, they read the comment and made the night a surpise. This made the dinner a special night. Thanks to the staffwho took the time to read the comments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to berobinVIPDined on 5/18/2013Henry's is not the fine dining experience it used to be. They now have 3 hamburgers on the menu and the Prime Rib doesn't melt in your mouth the way it used to and the free range chicken is a bit muddled with the the meat stuffed tortellini. Service is till great and the French Onion Soup is very good though not as excellent as it once was.
- Slight menu changes - still good!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2013We've eaten at Henry's a few times, this time for Mother's Day where each mother at the table received a rose. We noticed that their menu has changed, not quite as high end as it was previously. According to our server they are trying to attract a wider audience. Prices were down slightly, gone are the dry aged meats and much of the Wagu beef. They have a few prime selections and some choice items. I had the prime Delmonico rib eye, my wife had the filet + lobster. All was cooked as we requested and the flavor / presentation was similar to before, very good. And, in the end, the overall tab was a little less than I expected. Will still go back, just not as much of the WOW factor from a steak perspective as it once had, very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My dining experience was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013My dining experience was wonderful. The soup was delicious, the salad was fresh and presented well, and my entire party loved our tasty entrees. The service was kind and courteous, and we were attended to frequently. Also, the atmosphere was cozy and comfortable. It was nice of the manager to stop by our table to say hello.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Henry's for a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/10/2013We went to Henry's for a birthday celebration - this was our fourth visit to this restaurant. While the service was impeccable the food was not. I had ordered the halibut with wild mushrooms and risotto - the fish did not taste fresh, the mushrooms appeared to be sauteed button mushrooms and the risotto, while rich, was overly rich and too creamy - yet bland in taste. We ordered the vegetables to share - and the brocolli looked very old and was turning yellow on the florets. My husband ordered the rib-eye - which was very good - but his baked potato was overcooked and seemed to have been sitting in the oven for hours. Each time we have been here the food has degraded. I think this will be our last visit.
- Superb DiningWolfDined on 5/10/2013We have had several dinners at Henry's Steakhouse now and have always had excellent food and service! The lobster and filet mignon are exquisite! They have an excellent staff. I almost look forward to eating there more than gambling in the casino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our experience was fantastic.MarcDined on 5/4/2013Our experience was fantastic. knowledgeable, firendly staff, outstanding food. And we wee not pressed with the food being served to fast. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent asMarieDined on 5/3/2013The food was excellent as was the service. I had the small filet with 2 sides, the waitress told me that one side was probably enough for two people and she was correct! I want to go back and try dessert since I had no room left after the meal! Great place to go or a special occasion or if you want to have a relaxing evening and be treated extra special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our 4th time at Henry's.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/14/2013This is our 4th time at Henry's. We understand it's a Casino, but people were wearing baseball caps, t-shirts, etc. I was just getting up to get the pepper grinder myself - was not offered on Caesar Salad-when a waiter walked by and had to ask him.Special Features:
- Henry's was great. We haveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/14/2013Henry's was great. We have been here several times and it is always a good experience. We made our reservations through Open Table for our sons 18th birthdayand received an email confirmation, however, when we called Henry's to let them know we were running a few minutes late, they had no record of our reservation which was concerning. Luckily our reservations were early enough that there was not yet a crowd. Not sure if I would use open table again, however.Special Features:
- Don't Miss this One!NateVIPDined on 4/13/2013Celebrated my Birthday @ Henry's. Food and Service were fantastic. John was our waiter and did a great job. The sea bass was perfect. The filet was perfectly cooked. Portions were just right. We even splurged and had the Bananas Foster. We will be back!Special Features:
- Great, quiet dining experience.DennisDined on 4/7/2013Great, quiet dining experience. You completely forget the restaurant is in a casino.Special Features:
- We found that they are overOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013We found that they are over priced, we should of gone to the buffet, we would have gotten more for our money.Special Features:
- Deeply disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2013Food below expectation or overdone. Lobster Bisque tasted like cream of mushroom soup. Salad with seasonal vegetables was field greens with slivers of cucumber, two halves of cherry tomatoes, and some red onion. Cowboy bone-in ribeye was smallest thing I have ever seen. The one they sell at Costco is way bigger. And what was that flavor? Did not taste aged. Meat overcome by taste of butter or truffle oil? No beef flavor at all. Good meat should taste like meat. What are they trying to cover up? Henry's trying too hard to be unique. Food combinations awful. Baked Alaska with Mocha Almond Fudge ice cream on top of "blondie." Not a blondie, but hunk of marzipan. Just because almonds in ice cream does not mean almond taste should be accentuated
- The ribeye was charred blackPaulineDined on 3/31/2013The ribeye was charred black which made it less appetizing; the ribeye stated 14 ozs but more likely 10-11; the baked potatoe was huge, enough for 2, and cold (we also ordered side of mashed not realizing 1 kind of potatoe would be enough for 2 seniors; the broccoli/cauliflower was cold and the sauce was watery; the water glasses didn't have ice; the first glass of wine was bad--was replaced; the appetizer breaded brie had some frozen portion in the center. We've eaten here before and were really pleased so chose this restaurant for EASTER but were greatly disappointed.Special Features:
- It wasn't crowed at all, theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013It wasn't crowed at all, the service was so slow. It took forever. The food portions were very small, nothing special. Our entray was over cooked. We felt for what was charged for the meal was so over priced. We will not dine there again. What a big disappointment.Special Features:
- I really love Henry's. I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2013I really love Henry's. I've been there 3 times and each time it was a good experience. Food and service are excellent. Ambience is very nice although it can be a bit noisy and hard to converse at times, particularly on a busy night. But the menu offers good variety and is deliciously prepared.Special Features:
- Once again a MEMORABLE experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/15/2013Once again a MEMORABLE experience. From the hostess who greets you to the thank you at nights end. Nick is always on top of his game and the rest of the wait staff always make the experience a wonderful one. The new menu has something for everyone Try the scallops.Special Features:
- Have been here a few times.dervinVIPDined on 3/2/2013Have been here a few times. It's good, but very expensive. The prime-rib and rib-eye was good but had too much fat on it. Everything is al a carte. We went on a Saturday night and it was not that busy. I also don't like having to walk through the smokey casino to get to and from the restaurant. There are too many other good restaurants in the area. Great local wine list.Special Features:
- Prime rib was the BEST I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2013Prime rib was the BEST I've ever had - sweet potato GREAT also (first time for both). Husband had the pot roast special - he really enjoyed that also.Special Features:
- Good but expensive. WishOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/17/2013Good but expensive. Wish they would dim the lightsSpecial Features:
- The food was wonderful. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The food was wonderful. The service was not as wonderful. The staff did not check on us very often at all. We had to ask for someone to bring us drinks and bread. Asked for some melted butter didn't get it until we were done with dinner. We paid 165.00 for a dinner for two. But the service was not a 200 dollar dinner. We also had reservations and we did not get steed until, 20 minutes after the reservation.
- Fine dining close to home..OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013My husband and I go out the "day after Valentines" to avoid the crowds. Henry's was amazing, the server was so friendly and attentive. I had the stuffed mushrooms(oh so good), the lobster bisque(the best I have ever had!) and the crab cakes(so much fresh crab and big portion),and I had the creme brulee which was made perfectly! I cannot give enough priase for the food, service and atmosphere. I loved it.Special Features:
- Overall Excellent! GreatDennisDined on 2/13/2013Overall Excellent! Great atmosphere. Forgot I was in a casino.Special Features:
- It is rare in today's worldOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/8/2013It is rare in today's world to find a restaurant like Henry's. Fine dining has too often taken a back seat to speed and a casual atmosphere. Henry's allows people like me who still appreciate great service and food to indulge ourselves. I do not go to Henry's to get fed. I go to dine. I appreciate what they do.Special Features:
- I do not recall a better restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013I do not recall a better restaurant, atmosphere or experence. My hat is off to Henry's.Special Features:
- As always, the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2013As always, the food and service was great. Chris did an outstanding job seating us where we wanted to be, and our server Nick was marvelous. We'll be back for sure!Special Features:
- The atmosphere, service andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2013The atmosphere, service and food keep us coming back again and again.Special Features:
- A Sure Thing inside a CasinoimafoodcriticVIPDined on 1/19/2013Terrific dining experience the other night, from the friendly hostess to the attentive servers to the busy bussers to the warm, congenial GM. Surpassed our go-to special restaurant, Morton's, in several ways.Special Features:
- Staff were helpful and accommodatinOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013Staff were helpful and accommodating. Meats were cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Very classy and romantic.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013Very classy and romantic. The food, winelist and service were excellent. Highly recommend for nice dining experience.Special Features:
- This is an excellent, upscaleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/4/2013This is an excellent, upscale restaurant. Food, service, atmosphere all merit high marks. It helps to have casino credit points to use for dining because the prices are high. But the high price tag is worth it, especially for a special occasion. We had a nightly special - beef wellington - and prime rib. Outstanding beef. Side of saute garlic spinach also was good. Portions large enough that no room for dessert. Thoughtful service....just attentive enough. Would defintely schedule a return trip.Special Features:
- Great local escape for a steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012The service & food were great, just wish we didn't have to walk through a smoke filled casino to get to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/29/2012We had a wonderful evening out at Henry's. The food was wonderful and the service from John was great. Once inside the restaurant you don't know you are in a casino. We have been here several times and we will be back!Special Features:
- More color, pleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2012Their presentation needs to be more colorful, Parsley on the potatoes would help. The sides are presented in small individual stylish skillets. So they don't all a garnish. Your steak comes on a large plate by itself. Our food looked so plain, it was our mistake, we had ordered the mushrooms(brown), (very good) the lyonnaise potatoes(also good, but brown) and garlic fries(not enough garlic, but good, also light brown). Therefor we had a lot of brown food. But good.Special Features:
- Food was good - have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/13/2012Food was good - have been to Henry's many times and food is always good. Often the food is great so it may have some shifting due to chef changes.Special Features:
- DINNER WAS JUST FABOULAS ONOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/12/2012DINNER WAS JUST FABOULAS ON WENDSDAY............BEST STEAK I HAVE EVERY HAD, I AM COMMIN BACK SOON AGAIN.Special Features:
- Henry's is always a nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Henry's is always a nice place to go for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2012Food was great. The staff was very cordial and professional. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Once again the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/17/2012Once again the experience was superb. If you get the opportunity to enjoy a meal at Henry's it will immediately becone a favorite. The staff is among the best. The cuisine is tremendous, and the wine list and service at the bar is second to none.Special Features: