Henry's at the Farm
220 North Rd
Milton, NY 12547Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Henry's at the Farm
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.henrysatbuttermilk.com/
- Phone: 8457951500
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michelle Stone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Henry's at the Farm is the premier caterer for Buttermilk Farms Inn & Spa on the spectacular River Front Patio overlooking the majestic Hudson River with breathtaking views.
- Cross Street: Route 9W
- Public Transit: Metro-North Railroad at Poughkeepsie, NY. Cab to Henrys which is only 10 minutes away.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: There are multiple parking options on the Buttermilk property. Various spaces around Henrys and more across the pond in an event space that holds up to 40 additional cars.
A word from Henry's at the Farm
Henry's at the Farm, where "local" is more than a trend, it is our mantra. Henry's is only steps away from Buttermilk's organic Millstone Farm and minutes away from neighboring farms where eggs, honey, herbs and seasonal produce make their way from field, to our kitchen, then to your table. Henry's dinner menu is country inspired, contemporary cuisine incorporating sophisticated entrees with mouthwatering burgers, intriguing pizzas and a daily selection of house-made desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Henry's at the Farm reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (37)fit for foodies (37)special occasion (37)romantic (35)great for outdoor dining (21)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (17)great for brunch (14)great for lunch (10)notable wine list (9)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- A Pleasant SurprisenyracballerDined on 9/12/2014Went for a romantic dinner with my girlfriend for a special occaision. I will start with the downsides. The restaurant is very loud and crowded, it is not a romantic dinner place so that was a disappointment. The Hostess staff was less than enthuised to see us. It took over ten minutes to have our drink order taken and the bar was extrememly slow on all three reorders. That being said, please keep reading. We ordered the cooked shrimp appetizer and the calamari appetizer to share. Both were extremely tasty. The presentation of the calamari was a bit primitive but I would order again. For entrees we picked the Filet Mignon and Lobster Risotto. Both entress were out of the park great! Not sure we would go back based on cost/ambiance.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Unfortunately, I don't remember our waiters name, but he was fantastic and very attentive. I have a food allergy and he made sure that I ordered just the right dinner with no cheese. Hopefully when we come back we will get to see him again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, elegant, tastyAndreaDined on 9/11/2014We stayed overnight because of the setting and the restaurant. We were not disappointed. The menu was was simple but interesting. Portions were very generous. My caesar could have served two. Instead it became our travel lunch the next day. My entre was monk fish with an itneresting combo of banana and other elements along with asaparagus, as I recall. The monkfish was tender and the accompanying flavors were excellent. Everything was fresh. It was a quiet evening so we enjoyed a great conversation with the bar tender/innkeeper. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gemDorindaDined on 9/9/2014Henrys can be a bit difficult to locate, but really worth the effort. Food is prepared very tastefully, and portions are abundant . Drinks are also very good. I have tried a number of dishes on my last two visits and all great. Flat bread pizza changes daily, which is a meal in it self . Roast chicken is from a local farm nd cooked to perfection. Burrata with tomatoes a real foodie find. Yes I will be sure to return and soon,Special Features:
- Friendly not overly attentive.Mamita53Dined on 9/2/2014Food was good but not special or innovative. Hailed as "farm to table" but not so much as it could have been, given it's prime veggie season! Vegetarian offering was pasta with vegetables, boring and uninspired. Flatbread app du jour was the highlight of the meal as was my delicious Greenhook Gin concoction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the markDisappointed2014VIPDined on 9/2/2014We liked the beet salad, shrimp appetizer and cocktails. Husband got chicken which was meh. I got halibut, which was good. Had cookies and ice cream dessert, which the cookies were not good, they took off the check.
- Dont go to this placebuddy444Dined on 8/29/2014Their website encourages you to roam the 70 acres but there are no signs or much to see. At these prices the food should of been fabulous but it was so so. The service was terrible and even after I complained it did not get any better. We spent a lot of money but the staff only seemed interested in the people who were staying at the inn. I told them ahead of time this was for a birthday celebration and they didn't even offer up a Happy birthday. I would never go back again.
- Great experience!hudsonvalleydinersDined on 8/27/2014After walking around the beautiful property, we enjoyed a delicious dinner. Service was great - our waiter was efficient, friendly, thoughtful, and gave us helpful suggestions. The food was plated appealingly and the unique combinations of entrees and sides enhanced the dinner. Being there during the summer, we were able to enjoy several dishes which included local, fresh foods. Better signage would help to locate the unusual parking. The evening was a real treat and we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014My husband and I enjoyed our 25th wedding anniversary at Henry's very much. The atmosphere was very nice, comfortable and the acoustics were very good. I had pre-ordered some sparkling wine which was ready for us when we arrived and poured by our gracious hostess. Our meal was very good, the flat bread with eggplant pesto was excellent. We will return to this fine establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and settingNoelletDined on 8/25/2014This was our second time at Henry's and it was lovely. We sat outside on the small deck overlooking a lake on the property. Our server, Kristi, was very friendly and helpful. We had the special strawberry spinach salad which was fresh but could have been larger. I had the lobster risotto which was amazing- so much fresh lobster. My date had fusilli with mushrooms tomatoes asparagus in a tomatoe cream sauce that was perfect. We tried the tiramisu, delicious, and the cookies and milk which was so amazing. Wine selection is always good here. Great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch outingfriedleDined on 8/24/2014Had heard about Henry's through friends. Took my wife, daughter and her boy friend to brunch to celebrate various birthdays and holidays that we had been too busy to celebrate previously. We chose to sit out on the deck and were happy with our choice. The interior seemed rather dark, outside was lovely with a nice view of the pond, geese, fish and other wildlife. It wasn't very crowded. Service can best be described as leisurely, though very pleasant and the specials were well explained. Any questions regarding the menu or grounds were answered. Drinks were promptly served, appetizers less so, and entrees were served just as we were wondering what was taking so long given the minimal number of other diners. We enjoyed strolling the groundsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014While staying at Buttermilk Inn and Falls we enjoyed dinner at Henry's. The bartender and waitress were both knowledgeable, attentive and friendly. I highly recommend the garlic ravioli with veal shank, so delicious! Our group tried a variety of desserts, all which were very tasty. We had dined in a different location on our first night, after dining at Henry's the second night, I wish we ate at Henry's both nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never fails to pleasemaryDined on 8/17/2014We love this place. The food is always top-notch, the service is quick, quiet and friendly. A little tough to find - off the beaten path, but worth the trip.Special Features:
- Relaxing Pace, Good FoodCEC1024Dined on 8/16/2014Very good food, overall. Fresh ingredients from their mini-farm and local farmers. Highlights for us were the nightly flatbreads, buratta/tomato salad and burgers. Steak was not tender, but roasted chicken was tasty and large. We ate dinner here three times during our four night stay. VERY convenient for guests of the inn. The food and service was best during times the restaurant was less busy. As it got busy, food coming out of the kitchen seemed to slow significantly. With some polishing, this restaurant could be a perfect experience. Definitely give it a try, but go before 6:30pm for dinner.Special Features:
- BklynDined on 8/11/2014Great food and drinks. I would come again even If I was not staying at inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- getawayStewDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant is excellent for those looking for a great getaway. After pounding the streets the setting is a welcome relief. The food is excellent and offers a variety that will please any palate. Well worth the journey down a little side road.Special Features:
- Really quaint setting!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014First timers, loved the location, it had a really gentle beauty about it, it almost seemed hidden and untouched. Really felt like we found a gem. The restaraunt was ok, nicely furnished just that the service took a long time considering the place wasn't too busy when we arrived. Overall 2 hours for 3 courses, no bread served to us, however other tables had it, but by the time we realized we were nearly done with our entree. Maybe it was just our server, but I felt our service was lacking in attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Food was very good but service was lacking. Most notable was the bar service (while empty) where it took a minimum of 20 mins to get just a glass of wine, which accentuated the wait time from the kitchen. I heard another table complaining of the same and we arrived while only 5 tables were full. Food was divine however, Fresh, delicious & little plates of art. Dinner for 2 took 3 hours from appetizer to after dinner drink, which may concern some diners. Overall enjoyable meal. Kudos to the valet because as we opened the door or vehicle was there and he was getting out of it. When I asked how he knew he did he can see guests descending the stairwell and when he remembers their vehicle, Voilà!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- icbmknim10Dined on 7/31/2014Stayed at the Buttermilk Falls Inn. Fabulous. Their restaurant, Henry's, is on their grounds. Very convenient for inn guests, but strongly recommend restaurant for anyone in the vicinity that wants a more up scale dining experience compared to other local restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKDebster14VIPDined on 7/31/2014While spending time at Buttermilk Inn and Spa, my sister and I had dinner at Henry 's. The space was attractively decorated. Our server Graham , was knowledgeable and efficient. The food, was a different story . We shared the shrimp appetizer, and the beet salad . The shrimp were average, the glaze was nothing special and they were small. The beet salad was the highlight of our meal. The assortment of beets were very tasty. It was lightly dressed, so it did not overwhelm them . My sister had monk fish- which was ok. It had a slight after taste-turned us off. I ordered the salmon, asked for it medium rare and it came out well done and dry. The artichoke accompaniment was tasty, but the couscous was bland. We were very disappointed!Special Features:
- nice staff, disappointing foodJackieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Was disappointed with the food. I expected fresher and better tasting dishes. The artichoke tasted like it was from a can and the soba salad noodles were hard. The truffle fries were good, but I have had better. Try ship lantern instead.Special Features:
- Charming and rustic, great sceneryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/26/2014The food is delicious and the location is in a great place nestled in nature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Really a great place with great food and wonderful view.Special Features:
- Absolutely CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014What a great bar menu!! Specialty drinks to die for!! Appreciated the thoughtful and creative selections the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerdivaDined on 7/23/2014i love the ambience and setting of this restaurant. my drink was wonderful. service was commendable. apps were lovely. main courses were expensive,overcooked and bland. great for a drink and a few appetizers or salad.restaurant was not busy, the salmon was supposed to be med rare, but was well done. the crab topping seemed to be crab alone, no seasoning or herbs or anything to give it depth.by contrast the couscous had enough salt for the whole dish and more. soft-shell crabs bland, pork tenderloin overcooked and dry. quality of ingredients was there. the flatbread was tasty and the buratta and tomato salad was very nice. the front of the house does aim to pleaseSpecial Features:
- Very romanticJudsonbkDined on 7/18/2014Very warm cozy place. Sit out on the balcony for a great view of the pond and birds. Service and food were both excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014There's a new chef at Henry's at the Farm - could not be better. We went two times this week and just made another reservation for a friend's birthday luncheon. Food is farm to table, great bar, great portions, top notch service, very accommodating and a cool restaurant. Go early and walk around the property overlooking the Hudson River and check out the spa. I live near the restaurant, but if I lived in the City, this would be my go to place for an overnight stay. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to perfectionTomGDined on 7/17/2014The service was excellent, the food terrific. My friend from NYC says he will be driving up again, to eat at Henry's, which serves his favorite half-chicken! My salmon was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/13/2014We had lunch at Henry's. It was a good experience The service was very good. Our server was very flexible in making dietary changes. The food was nicely presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Location is AllswanVIPDined on 7/12/2014The setting could not be nicer, but the food was just okay. The server was very knowledgable and eager to brag about all the ingredients that are grown right there "on the farm" which sounds good, but just doesn't taste as good as it sounds. It's pretty pricey too. The pay off comes in walking the grounds if it's a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- viccoffeeladyVIPDined on 7/11/2014Great food served by great wait staff. The 5 of us all loved everything we had, from the beer (SO much that we ended up going to the local beer store the bartender recommended, to buy some to take home) to the desserts. In fact the food was so good we had to go back the next night to eat there again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice convenient findLmbovDined on 7/10/2014Visited while staying at the Buttermilk Falls Inn. While monkfish entree was very good my husbands half chicken was over cooked. Appetizers and homemade sorbet were excellent. Service was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb as always!startdiettomorrowDined on 7/4/2014The food is fresh, perfectly prepared. My husband had the crab cakes and salmon and I the truffled frites and filet and they were amazing! The staff is delightful and they are so proud and enthusiastic about the food they are serving, as they should be. We live in the neighborhood but even if we didn't, this place is well worth a trek. The restaurant, and the B&B, spa and wedding venue are a welcome addition to our sweet Milton-on-the-Hudson hamlet. They always have adventurous cocktails. On this occasion I had a vodka and lovage (think celery) drink that was very refreshing. We haven't had the desserts yet because the dinner portions are so large. We vow to forego appetizers next time so we can make it to dessert!Special Features:
- Fabulous dinnerYummyDined on 7/4/2014We greatly enjoyed our meals. Food was made with fresh ingredients, many grown right on the farm. Creative menu. Food was very well prepared, nicely presented and delicious. Specialty drinks also used ingredients from the farm. The drinks were yummy too. We highly recommend Henry's at the Farm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedPRFoodieDined on 7/3/2014Celebrating our 33rd wedding Anniversary, we booked here based on previous reviews. It wound up being better than imagined. From wine to dessert it was fantastic! Located on the grounds of a B & B, the ambiance lent itself to a romantic evening (in spite of a bad rainstorm that evening). The only slight downfall was that I had requested a table with a view for our special occasion and we were seated in the middle of the room right next to the bar. It was obvious that no one had taken note of our request as not once did anyone congratulate us or explain why our request wasn't honored. Service was a tad slow, but we will definitely go back simply to walk the grounds as there appears to be gorgeous grounds to wander.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected better.....21152VIPDined on 7/3/2014Grounds of the property and the physical space were noteworthy. The accolades stop there. Food was mediocre across the entire order. Service was spotty with a staff that was more interested in one another them the diners. Desert was a disappoint with only ice cream available. We were informed the pastry chef had deserted. The space and farm to table opportunity deserves a better effort.
- WonderfulgigiDined on 6/11/2014We celebrated our wedding anniv. here. The staff knew it was our anniv and brought us a celebratory glass of bubbly first thing. So thoughtful. Our food was delicious and affordable. My husband had pork and I had chicken. The veggies were very tasty as well. Dessert bread pudding and butter cake(like my Grandmother made) were divine. The wait staff was delightful and very attentive. If we lived nearby, Henry's would be a regular spot for us.Special Features:
- westchesterfoodieVIPDined on 6/8/2014The view is spectacular especially on a beautiful day. The brunch was delicious. Unfortunately the service is very unprofessional.Special Features:
- Views onlyPaulDined on 6/7/2014Advertised as a farm to table restaurant, this restaurant doesn't have a menu that suits it's potential. Service was shaky as we had too many people waiting on us at the same time. Would not go back unless the menu changes. Views were the staple here.Special Features:
- The following 76 reviews are from the Henry's at the Farm reviews archive.
- Marvelous!Gourmet2smilesDined on 5/18/2014The food was wonderful,perfectly prepared . Service was a bit slow but we had a large group of 20 . The scenery around the restaurant was wonderful on the estate. The only downside is the restaurant is up several flights of stairs with no handicap accessibility. My aunt who is 87 and extremely arthritic had a very difficult time.the crabcake was great as well as the truffle French fries.Special Features: