Henry's at the Farm
220 North Rd
Milton, NY 12547Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Henry's at the Farm
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.henrysatbuttermilk.com/
- Phone: 8457951500
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michelle Stone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Henry's at the Farm is the premier caterer for Buttermilk Farms Inn & Spa on the spectacular River Front Patio overlooking the majestic Hudson River with breathtaking views.
- Cross Street: Route 9W
- Public Transit: Metro-North Railroad at Poughkeepsie, NY. Cab to Henrys which is only 10 minutes away.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: There are multiple parking options on the Buttermilk property. Various spaces around Henrys and more across the pond in an event space that holds up to 40 additional cars.
A word from Henry's at the Farm
Henry's at the Farm, where "local" is more than a trend, it is our mantra. Henry's is only steps away from Buttermilk's organic Millstone Farm and minutes away from neighboring farms where eggs, honey, herbs and seasonal produce make their way from field, to our kitchen, then to your table. Henry's dinner menu is country inspired, contemporary cuisine incorporating sophisticated entrees with mouthwatering burgers, intriguing pizzas and a daily selection of house-made desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Henry's at the Farm reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (51)special occasion (50)fit for foodies (49)romantic (46)neighborhood gem (26)great for outdoor dining (25)good for groups (23)great for brunch (18)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- A Good Thing.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Dinner was wonderful, the food was delicious and fresh, desert was the icing on the cake, wow, wow. Everyone was so nice and accomodating. Definitely will return. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves good food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed the meal, in particular the lobster truffle oil risotto, which had a lovely flavor and was light and fresh; corn kernels added a crisp textural element. An heirloom tomato burrata 'caprese' salad was also superb, with a tasty balsamic reduction, basil shavings, and locally made burrata. The dessert, on the other hand, was a disappointment -- an apple "crisp" that was overcooked and soft, oversweetened, and larded with a heavy cinnamon-butter crumble that overpowered the dish. The salmon entree was huge and coated with gingery strips of calamari; it had a good taste but the interaction between the calamari and the salmon seemed forced.
- Henry's is a FarmMadMaddyVIPDined on 10/17/2014Cannot be compared to a fine Manhattan, Los Angeles, or Chicago's restaurant but for a rural community it is good. The portions are hugemongous! If you order the pork chops, you get 2 big chops. The boneless short ribs is also huge! The young waiter tried his best but with so many tables for one person it was impossible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved everything of this placePAC57VIPDined on 10/13/2014Great decor and ambiance, with a setting close to a farm, a pond and a rich, wooded, cozy interior. Perfect service. A fantastic duck. Good wines by the glass. And the possibility to go for a walk before or after the meal. A 360 degrees positive experience in so man waysSpecial Features:
- Charming Country DiningTravelandDineVIPDined on 10/12/2014SERVICE: A bit slow and table was not set when we were seated, but waiter was nice. FOOD: Presentation, flavor and freshness of the food was incredible. The pork chops were slightly overcooked. Overall, the food was delicious. AMBIANCE: Restaurant's decor was warm and casually sophisticated. The restaurant was incredibly quiet - you could literally hear the other patrons' conversations. Could add music to correct this. The grounds are gorgeous and we had a great time. We plan to return and stay at the Inn next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh foodDeb126Dined on 10/12/2014Much to see at this tranquil 70 acre farm/spa/inn. After lunch we walked a short distance and sat overlooking the beautiful and relaxing Hudson River. They have a diverse choice of appetizers and entrees. We shared and enjoyed the three beet salad. It was delish with thinly sliced beets on arugula tossed in a yummy vinagrette. My husband had the butternut squash soup with cream and pumpkin spices. We thought it could have used more onions and garlic. I had shrimp tacos with fresh veggies and herbs that I had with a side salad. The kitchen made up a berry fruit plate for me that was not on the menu and I had a good cappucino and he an herbal tea. The price and service were reasonable. Make reservations and consider staying overnight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful scenery and groundsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Although the service was atrocious, I would give Henrys another try when im back in that area of upstate NY. The manager did explain to me that the waiter was called in that morning for the brunch shift which he never worked before. The kitchen did make mistakes on both omelettes that we ordered, but the manager explained that the breakfast chef was new and apologized took some off the bill which was admirable. The scenery at buttermilk inn where Henrys is located is picturesque and beautiful. Just a side note parking was an issue, and if it can be helped try not to go when there is a wedding going on the same day. You never get the same service, because most of the staff is working the event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be Better!elsieADined on 10/11/2014We wanted to stay in the Buttemilk Inn for my husband's birthday but they are fully booked but we still try the restaurant that's been raved to be fresh and good but it was a little bit disappointing that our pork chops was tough but the flavor is good. Our pumpkin soup taste good but it was a little too thick for my taste and it almost look like it should come with your meal as a mashed. We waited long for each dishes longer than expected. Our waiter was not very attentive either but I am person who gives a second chance so maybe next time.
- Worth a TripNYCTouristDined on 10/5/2014Excellent. Much more than we expected. Try the roast duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely fit for foodies.brooklyn50Dined on 10/4/2014This place does "farm to table" about as well as can possibly be done. Also, the chef here has done something I find to be very rare. She/he has managed to get max flavor into everything without globs of butter or other fats. Best example of this, and maybe the most amazing thing we had, was their kale salad. Wow. Just wow. Trust me. I know salads are of course supposed to be light, but we all know how in most restaurants they glob on all the fats, from nuts to dressing to bacon to you name it. The staff is incredibly enthusiastic and friendly. And last but not least they're in a gorgeous spot where the spa and inn are. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Lovely DinnernycrosieDined on 10/3/2014Went to dinner on a friday night to celebrate an anniversary. It was the first night oftheir Fall menu and everything was lovely. Our server was friendly and we always had what we needed, water, bread, etc. without being intrusive and the dinner was nicely paced which many times at other restaurants you feel somewhat rushed. We had the Henry's salad with some tart crispy apples and sherry dressing with fontina, big portion so we split it. My husband had the lamb chops and I had a 16oz ribeye which I could not finish, very big portion of course. Our drinks were good and the other staff were friendly and nice. We are local so we've gone for lunch and dinner and they are always consistent and great. The spa is great as well.Special Features:
- islandgirlDined on 10/2/2014Fabulous! New salmon dish with Forbidden rice is outstanding! One of the best meals I've had in months - and I go to a lot of great restaurants.Special Features:
- Try It!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014we went on a whim since we didn't know the area and were visiting my son at Marist. The service was great. peter own waiter, was funny and explained all the entries well. The food was presented wonderfully and tasted even better. We were very happy we made the choice and next time we visit Marist we will be back.Special Features:
- Elegant country diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014we found Henry's remote but romantic, with food carefully and professionally prepared and served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RJFocusDined on 9/21/2014This was the second time here for brunch.Grounds are beautiful,food is wonderful as is the service.This is on our short list of places to golSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th AnniversaryJoeandhisbrideDined on 9/19/2014We took a 3 day trip to the Hudson Valley for out 25th Anniversary. We wanted to have a very special dinner on Friday night. WHile researching farm to table restaurants in the area, I stumbled upon Henry's at the Farm. Our actual experience was even better that I even hoped. I started with with a highlightr martini - it was very tatsty. Joe had a glass pinot noir. The we had crab cake appetizers - delicious; an argula, beat and goat cheese salad - The beets were local and very delicious; and we shared the pork loin with carmeized onions, brocolli rabe and mashed potatoes -It tasted like comfort food raise to the most sophisticated level. I definitely want to return on my next trip to try some of the other offerings including dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant SurprisenyracballerDined on 9/12/2014Went for a romantic dinner with my girlfriend for a special occaision. I will start with the downsides. The restaurant is very loud and crowded, it is not a romantic dinner place so that was a disappointment. The Hostess staff was less than enthuised to see us. It took over ten minutes to have our drink order taken and the bar was extrememly slow on all three reorders. That being said, please keep reading. We ordered the cooked shrimp appetizer and the calamari appetizer to share. Both were extremely tasty. The presentation of the calamari was a bit primitive but I would order again. For entrees we picked the Filet Mignon and Lobster Risotto. Both entress were out of the park great! Not sure we would go back based on cost/ambiance.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerImpat83Dined on 9/12/2014Unfortunately, I don't remember our waiters name, but he was fantastic and very attentive. I have a food allergy and he made sure that I ordered just the right dinner with no cheese. Hopefully when we come back we will get to see him again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, elegant, tastyAndreaDined on 9/11/2014We stayed overnight because of the setting and the restaurant. We were not disappointed. The menu was was simple but interesting. Portions were very generous. My caesar could have served two. Instead it became our travel lunch the next day. My entre was monk fish with an itneresting combo of banana and other elements along with asaparagus, as I recall. The monkfish was tender and the accompanying flavors were excellent. Everything was fresh. It was a quiet evening so we enjoyed a great conversation with the bar tender/innkeeper. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gemDorindaDined on 9/9/2014Henrys can be a bit difficult to locate, but really worth the effort. Food is prepared very tastefully, and portions are abundant . Drinks are also very good. I have tried a number of dishes on my last two visits and all great. Flat bread pizza changes daily, which is a meal in it self . Roast chicken is from a local farm nd cooked to perfection. Burrata with tomatoes a real foodie find. Yes I will be sure to return and soon,Special Features:
- Friendly not overly attentive.Mamita53Dined on 9/2/2014Food was good but not special or innovative. Hailed as "farm to table" but not so much as it could have been, given it's prime veggie season! Vegetarian offering was pasta with vegetables, boring and uninspired. Flatbread app du jour was the highlight of the meal as was my delicious Greenhook Gin concoction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the markDisappointed2014VIPDined on 9/2/2014We liked the beet salad, shrimp appetizer and cocktails. Husband got chicken which was meh. I got halibut, which was good. Had cookies and ice cream dessert, which the cookies were not good, they took off the check.
- Dont go to this placebuddy444Dined on 8/29/2014Their website encourages you to roam the 70 acres but there are no signs or much to see. At these prices the food should of been fabulous but it was so so. The service was terrible and even after I complained it did not get any better. We spent a lot of money but the staff only seemed interested in the people who were staying at the inn. I told them ahead of time this was for a birthday celebration and they didn't even offer up a Happy birthday. I would never go back again.
- Great experience!hudsonvalleydinersDined on 8/27/2014After walking around the beautiful property, we enjoyed a delicious dinner. Service was great - our waiter was efficient, friendly, thoughtful, and gave us helpful suggestions. The food was plated appealingly and the unique combinations of entrees and sides enhanced the dinner. Being there during the summer, we were able to enjoy several dishes which included local, fresh foods. Better signage would help to locate the unusual parking. The evening was a real treat and we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014My husband and I enjoyed our 25th wedding anniversary at Henry's very much. The atmosphere was very nice, comfortable and the acoustics were very good. I had pre-ordered some sparkling wine which was ready for us when we arrived and poured by our gracious hostess. Our meal was very good, the flat bread with eggplant pesto was excellent. We will return to this fine establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and settingNoelletDined on 8/25/2014This was our second time at Henry's and it was lovely. We sat outside on the small deck overlooking a lake on the property. Our server, Kristi, was very friendly and helpful. We had the special strawberry spinach salad which was fresh but could have been larger. I had the lobster risotto which was amazing- so much fresh lobster. My date had fusilli with mushrooms tomatoes asparagus in a tomatoe cream sauce that was perfect. We tried the tiramisu, delicious, and the cookies and milk which was so amazing. Wine selection is always good here. Great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch outingfriedleDined on 8/24/2014Had heard about Henry's through friends. Took my wife, daughter and her boy friend to brunch to celebrate various birthdays and holidays that we had been too busy to celebrate previously. We chose to sit out on the deck and were happy with our choice. The interior seemed rather dark, outside was lovely with a nice view of the pond, geese, fish and other wildlife. It wasn't very crowded. Service can best be described as leisurely, though very pleasant and the specials were well explained. Any questions regarding the menu or grounds were answered. Drinks were promptly served, appetizers less so, and entrees were served just as we were wondering what was taking so long given the minimal number of other diners. We enjoyed strolling the groundsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014While staying at Buttermilk Inn and Falls we enjoyed dinner at Henry's. The bartender and waitress were both knowledgeable, attentive and friendly. I highly recommend the garlic ravioli with veal shank, so delicious! Our group tried a variety of desserts, all which were very tasty. We had dined in a different location on our first night, after dining at Henry's the second night, I wish we ate at Henry's both nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never fails to pleasemaryDined on 8/17/2014We love this place. The food is always top-notch, the service is quick, quiet and friendly. A little tough to find - off the beaten path, but worth the trip.Special Features:
- Relaxing Pace, Good FoodCEC1024Dined on 8/16/2014Very good food, overall. Fresh ingredients from their mini-farm and local farmers. Highlights for us were the nightly flatbreads, buratta/tomato salad and burgers. Steak was not tender, but roasted chicken was tasty and large. We ate dinner here three times during our four night stay. VERY convenient for guests of the inn. The food and service was best during times the restaurant was less busy. As it got busy, food coming out of the kitchen seemed to slow significantly. With some polishing, this restaurant could be a perfect experience. Definitely give it a try, but go before 6:30pm for dinner.Special Features:
- BklynDined on 8/11/2014Great food and drinks. I would come again even If I was not staying at inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- getawayStewDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant is excellent for those looking for a great getaway. After pounding the streets the setting is a welcome relief. The food is excellent and offers a variety that will please any palate. Well worth the journey down a little side road.Special Features:
- Really quaint setting!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014First timers, loved the location, it had a really gentle beauty about it, it almost seemed hidden and untouched. Really felt like we found a gem. The restaraunt was ok, nicely furnished just that the service took a long time considering the place wasn't too busy when we arrived. Overall 2 hours for 3 courses, no bread served to us, however other tables had it, but by the time we realized we were nearly done with our entree. Maybe it was just our server, but I felt our service was lacking in attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Food was very good but service was lacking. Most notable was the bar service (while empty) where it took a minimum of 20 mins to get just a glass of wine, which accentuated the wait time from the kitchen. I heard another table complaining of the same and we arrived while only 5 tables were full. Food was divine however, Fresh, delicious & little plates of art. Dinner for 2 took 3 hours from appetizer to after dinner drink, which may concern some diners. Overall enjoyable meal. Kudos to the valet because as we opened the door or vehicle was there and he was getting out of it. When I asked how he knew he did he can see guests descending the stairwell and when he remembers their vehicle, Voilà!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- icbmknim10Dined on 7/31/2014Stayed at the Buttermilk Falls Inn. Fabulous. Their restaurant, Henry's, is on their grounds. Very convenient for inn guests, but strongly recommend restaurant for anyone in the vicinity that wants a more up scale dining experience compared to other local restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKDebster14VIPDined on 7/31/2014While spending time at Buttermilk Inn and Spa, my sister and I had dinner at Henry 's. The space was attractively decorated. Our server Graham , was knowledgeable and efficient. The food, was a different story . We shared the shrimp appetizer, and the beet salad . The shrimp were average, the glaze was nothing special and they were small. The beet salad was the highlight of our meal. The assortment of beets were very tasty. It was lightly dressed, so it did not overwhelm them . My sister had monk fish- which was ok. It had a slight after taste-turned us off. I ordered the salmon, asked for it medium rare and it came out well done and dry. The artichoke accompaniment was tasty, but the couscous was bland. We were very disappointed!Special Features:
- nice staff, disappointing foodJackieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Was disappointed with the food. I expected fresher and better tasting dishes. The artichoke tasted like it was from a can and the soba salad noodles were hard. The truffle fries were good, but I have had better. Try ship lantern instead.Special Features:
- Charming and rustic, great sceneryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/26/2014The food is delicious and the location is in a great place nestled in nature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Really a great place with great food and wonderful view.Special Features:
- Absolutely CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014What a great bar menu!! Specialty drinks to die for!! Appreciated the thoughtful and creative selections the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.