Henry's at the Farm
220 North Rd
Milton, NY 12547Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Henry's at the Farm
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.henrysatbuttermilk.com/
- Phone: (845) 795-1500
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michelle Stone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Henry's at the Farm is the premier caterer for Buttermilk Farms Inn & Spa on the spectacular River Front Patio overlooking the majestic Hudson River with breathtaking views.
- Cross Street: Route 9W
- Public Transit: Metro-North Railroad at Poughkeepsie, NY. Cab to Henrys which is only 10 minutes away.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: There are multiple parking options on the Buttermilk property. Various spaces around Henrys and more across the pond in an event space that holds up to 40 additional cars.
A word from Henry's at the Farm
Henry's at the Farm, where "local" is more than a trend, it is our mantra. Henry's is only steps away from Buttermilk's organic Millstone Farm and minutes away from neighboring farms where eggs, honey, herbs and seasonal produce make their way from field, to our kitchen, then to your table. Henry's dinner menu is country inspired, contemporary cuisine incorporating sophisticated entrees with mouthwatering burgers, intriguing pizzas and a daily selection of house-made desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Henry's at the Farm - Best Restaurants in Poughkeepsie ›
Henry's at the Farm reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)fit for foodies (54)scenic view (50)romantic (48)neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (24)great for outdoor dining (20)great for brunch (20)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great night outBillw216Dined on 11/22/2014We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and wanted a relaxing evening. We got it. Our server was friendly and attentive. Received our courses at a comfortable pace. Food was good. The caprese salad was excellent and the duck was prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Staff RocksBettyesnarksDined on 11/17/2014Monday late afternoon, after a day at the Spa, we had a reservation at Henry's. The moment we walked into thr room (even before it opened officially), we were treated like Royalty. We were waited on by several friendly, competent, flexible women who were responsive to every one of our needs; even inquiring about our day, recognizing us from visiting the animals on our walk earlier in the day. I am an incredbly "picky" eater; Yet Christy created a dish that had the best of several specials. It was fabulous, and ample enough for me to share the leftovers with my Husband when I returned home. We were truly "fed," in more ways than just with food. Looking forward to returning in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tfd18Dined on 11/15/2014Great friendly, fast, knowledgeable, and helpful service! Halibut cooked PERFECTLY Brace yourself for the truffle fries - delicious but a HUGE serving. Kills the appetite early on. Side of gnocchi = a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice place, but sub-par dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014We went to give it a try during restaurant week, only two choices on special menu. We chose the kale salad for appetizer, very under dressed and nothing but kale and a little onion in it. For dinner we chose pork loin, it was so tough I could not cut it with a steak knife and was very dry.. Though, when they noticed we were not eating it they took it right back and let us choose an appetizer from regular menu (duck legs were delicious!) and generously adjusted our bill. The desserts were very good. Thank you for the excellent customer service, just wish the food was just as good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014Great food, but service declines as the restaurant fills up. Also be aware it is a big open room so the volume can get loud. Definitely will go back, though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hudson Valley Findfoodie45Dined on 11/8/2014Living in the Hudson Valley, we are used to mediocre restaurant meals. The restaurant that puts some new and unusual ingredients on the menu is rare. I think more people would eat out if the restaurants were more inventive. Henry's tries to do this. The kale salad is wonderfully dressed and garnished with fresh citrus and pomegranate seeds. Main courses are always plentiful and heaped with fresh vegetables. Desserts are homemade and change regularly. I have been here several times and always enjoy the experience. They are trying hard to please and take pride in their food. I would enjoy a little more spice in the dishes and some more exotic flavors, but overall they are doing a much better job than most.Special Features:
- Local Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Food was good. Appetizer and main course menu very unique. Not impressed with the dessert. It also took twenty minutes for dessert to arrive. Parking can be a bit of a hassle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/8/2014Great atmosphere and service however the food was very mediocre. The "award winning" chicken was way too large and crust overcooked. It may have been precooked and then put in oven to rest. Did not appear that is was cooked to order. The sides were bland. Coleslaw not even crunchy and you could make better mac+cheese from a box of Amy's.
- beautifulmagnarDined on 11/7/2014The smoked trout latke appetizer was one of the best things we have ever eaten..and the dining room is so beautifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLuv2dineDined on 11/7/2014Everything about Henry's is wonderful - the food- the service - and a great bartender!!Special Features:
- Can't wait to go backJadednewyorker56Dined on 11/7/2014A great surprise. I didn't expect such an elaborate property. Food was delicious. Especially duck legs and pot stickers. Servers were super nice although they probably could have used one more person to help out. Will go back and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungryDined on 11/6/2014Peaceful surroundings, great cocktails, especially the beach fizz. Food was delicious and service was great!Special Features:
- UWSladyDined on 11/1/2014Lovely restaurant and decor. The music was in contrast to the rest of the ambiance, a better stream of calmer music is more appropriate (especially when the lights dim). Much of the food was delightful. Wait and support staff need to be trained in detail and specifics for the entirety of the diners experience to be excellent and memorable. E.G - no plates should ever be cleared if there is even one person still eating, and then all plates should be cleared at the same time. When ordering a second bottle of wine, high or low end, if a client turns down new glasses (excellent question by waiter) s/he must never pour the new bottle of wine into a glass even 1/8 full of the previous bottle.
- Lobster MacEarlkDined on 10/31/2014Delightful interpretation of gluten free Lobster Mac and Cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious rustic farelovetocook25Dined on 10/28/2014Henry's was great. Food was very tasty and cooked to perfection. Prices were higher than your everyday restaurant but not exaggerated. Our server was great, very attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. Atmosphere was very homey and relaxed. The decor was so pretty; loved the rustic farmhouse look with the big pendant ceiling lights. We were staying at the Inn and it was so convenient to just walk across the path to dinner. We would definitely go back to Henry's whether staying at buttermilk or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh ingredients, delicious tasteMamitaOf2Dined on 10/26/2014We had both brunch & dinner at Henry's, and they were equally delicious in their own right. Fresh food prepared perfectly & quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Farm to TableRichDined on 10/25/2014Loved the ambiance and the food as well as the service. What a great find and a lovely Inn if you have the chance to stay overnight and relax. Right up the road is Frida's Bakery and Cafe also owned but the same owners which is a great breakfast and lunch cafe. WOW so fresh ! I will be back !Special Features:
- A Good Thing.tornatoreDined on 10/21/2014Dinner was wonderful, the food was delicious and fresh, desert was the icing on the cake, wow, wow. Everyone was so nice and accomodating. Definitely will return. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves good food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed the meal, in particular the lobster truffle oil risotto, which had a lovely flavor and was light and fresh; corn kernels added a crisp textural element. An heirloom tomato burrata 'caprese' salad was also superb, with a tasty balsamic reduction, basil shavings, and locally made burrata. The dessert, on the other hand, was a disappointment -- an apple "crisp" that was overcooked and soft, oversweetened, and larded with a heavy cinnamon-butter crumble that overpowered the dish. The salmon entree was huge and coated with gingery strips of calamari; it had a good taste but the interaction between the calamari and the salmon seemed forced.
- Henry's is a FarmMadMaddyVIPDined on 10/17/2014Cannot be compared to a fine Manhattan, Los Angeles, or Chicago's restaurant but for a rural community it is good. The portions are hugemongous! If you order the pork chops, you get 2 big chops. The boneless short ribs is also huge! The young waiter tried his best but with so many tables for one person it was impossible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved everything of this placePAC57VIPDined on 10/13/2014Great decor and ambiance, with a setting close to a farm, a pond and a rich, wooded, cozy interior. Perfect service. A fantastic duck. Good wines by the glass. And the possibility to go for a walk before or after the meal. A 360 degrees positive experience in so man waysSpecial Features:
- Charming Country DiningTravelandDineVIPDined on 10/12/2014SERVICE: A bit slow and table was not set when we were seated, but waiter was nice. FOOD: Presentation, flavor and freshness of the food was incredible. The pork chops were slightly overcooked. Overall, the food was delicious. AMBIANCE: Restaurant's decor was warm and casually sophisticated. The restaurant was incredibly quiet - you could literally hear the other patrons' conversations. Could add music to correct this. The grounds are gorgeous and we had a great time. We plan to return and stay at the Inn next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh foodDeb126Dined on 10/12/2014Much to see at this tranquil 70 acre farm/spa/inn. After lunch we walked a short distance and sat overlooking the beautiful and relaxing Hudson River. They have a diverse choice of appetizers and entrees. We shared and enjoyed the three beet salad. It was delish with thinly sliced beets on arugula tossed in a yummy vinagrette. My husband had the butternut squash soup with cream and pumpkin spices. We thought it could have used more onions and garlic. I had shrimp tacos with fresh veggies and herbs that I had with a side salad. The kitchen made up a berry fruit plate for me that was not on the menu and I had a good cappucino and he an herbal tea. The price and service were reasonable. Make reservations and consider staying overnight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful scenery and groundsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Although the service was atrocious, I would give Henrys another try when im back in that area of upstate NY. The manager did explain to me that the waiter was called in that morning for the brunch shift which he never worked before. The kitchen did make mistakes on both omelettes that we ordered, but the manager explained that the breakfast chef was new and apologized took some off the bill which was admirable. The scenery at buttermilk inn where Henrys is located is picturesque and beautiful. Just a side note parking was an issue, and if it can be helped try not to go when there is a wedding going on the same day. You never get the same service, because most of the staff is working the event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be Better!elsieADined on 10/11/2014We wanted to stay in the Buttemilk Inn for my husband's birthday but they are fully booked but we still try the restaurant that's been raved to be fresh and good but it was a little bit disappointing that our pork chops was tough but the flavor is good. Our pumpkin soup taste good but it was a little too thick for my taste and it almost look like it should come with your meal as a mashed. We waited long for each dishes longer than expected. Our waiter was not very attentive either but I am person who gives a second chance so maybe next time.
- Worth a TripNYCTouristDined on 10/5/2014Excellent. Much more than we expected. Try the roast duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely fit for foodies.brooklyn50Dined on 10/4/2014This place does "farm to table" about as well as can possibly be done. Also, the chef here has done something I find to be very rare. She/he has managed to get max flavor into everything without globs of butter or other fats. Best example of this, and maybe the most amazing thing we had, was their kale salad. Wow. Just wow. Trust me. I know salads are of course supposed to be light, but we all know how in most restaurants they glob on all the fats, from nuts to dressing to bacon to you name it. The staff is incredibly enthusiastic and friendly. And last but not least they're in a gorgeous spot where the spa and inn are. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Lovely DinnernycrosieDined on 10/3/2014Went to dinner on a friday night to celebrate an anniversary. It was the first night oftheir Fall menu and everything was lovely. Our server was friendly and we always had what we needed, water, bread, etc. without being intrusive and the dinner was nicely paced which many times at other restaurants you feel somewhat rushed. We had the Henry's salad with some tart crispy apples and sherry dressing with fontina, big portion so we split it. My husband had the lamb chops and I had a 16oz ribeye which I could not finish, very big portion of course. Our drinks were good and the other staff were friendly and nice. We are local so we've gone for lunch and dinner and they are always consistent and great. The spa is great as well.Special Features:
- islandgirlVIPDined on 10/2/2014Fabulous! New salmon dish with Forbidden rice is outstanding! One of the best meals I've had in months - and I go to a lot of great restaurants.Special Features:
- Try It!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014we went on a whim since we didn't know the area and were visiting my son at Marist. The service was great. peter own waiter, was funny and explained all the entries well. The food was presented wonderfully and tasted even better. We were very happy we made the choice and next time we visit Marist we will be back.Special Features:
- Elegant country diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014we found Henry's remote but romantic, with food carefully and professionally prepared and served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RJFocusDined on 9/21/2014This was the second time here for brunch.Grounds are beautiful,food is wonderful as is the service.This is on our short list of places to golSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th AnniversaryJoeandhisbrideDined on 9/19/2014We took a 3 day trip to the Hudson Valley for out 25th Anniversary. We wanted to have a very special dinner on Friday night. WHile researching farm to table restaurants in the area, I stumbled upon Henry's at the Farm. Our actual experience was even better that I even hoped. I started with with a highlightr martini - it was very tatsty. Joe had a glass pinot noir. The we had crab cake appetizers - delicious; an argula, beat and goat cheese salad - The beets were local and very delicious; and we shared the pork loin with carmeized onions, brocolli rabe and mashed potatoes -It tasted like comfort food raise to the most sophisticated level. I definitely want to return on my next trip to try some of the other offerings including dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant SurprisenyracballerVIPDined on 9/12/2014Went for a romantic dinner with my girlfriend for a special occaision. I will start with the downsides. The restaurant is very loud and crowded, it is not a romantic dinner place so that was a disappointment. The Hostess staff was less than enthuised to see us. It took over ten minutes to have our drink order taken and the bar was extrememly slow on all three reorders. That being said, please keep reading. We ordered the cooked shrimp appetizer and the calamari appetizer to share. Both were extremely tasty. The presentation of the calamari was a bit primitive but I would order again. For entrees we picked the Filet Mignon and Lobster Risotto. Both entress were out of the park great! Not sure we would go back based on cost/ambiance.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerImpat83Dined on 9/12/2014Unfortunately, I don't remember our waiters name, but he was fantastic and very attentive. I have a food allergy and he made sure that I ordered just the right dinner with no cheese. Hopefully when we come back we will get to see him again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, elegant, tastyAndreaDined on 9/11/2014We stayed overnight because of the setting and the restaurant. We were not disappointed. The menu was was simple but interesting. Portions were very generous. My caesar could have served two. Instead it became our travel lunch the next day. My entre was monk fish with an itneresting combo of banana and other elements along with asaparagus, as I recall. The monkfish was tender and the accompanying flavors were excellent. Everything was fresh. It was a quiet evening so we enjoyed a great conversation with the bar tender/innkeeper. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gemDorindaDined on 9/9/2014Henrys can be a bit difficult to locate, but really worth the effort. Food is prepared very tastefully, and portions are abundant . Drinks are also very good. I have tried a number of dishes on my last two visits and all great. Flat bread pizza changes daily, which is a meal in it self . Roast chicken is from a local farm nd cooked to perfection. Burrata with tomatoes a real foodie find. Yes I will be sure to return and soon,Special Features:
- Friendly not overly attentive.Mamita53Dined on 9/2/2014Food was good but not special or innovative. Hailed as "farm to table" but not so much as it could have been, given it's prime veggie season! Vegetarian offering was pasta with vegetables, boring and uninspired. Flatbread app du jour was the highlight of the meal as was my delicious Greenhook Gin concoction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the markDisappointed2014VIPDined on 9/2/2014We liked the beet salad, shrimp appetizer and cocktails. Husband got chicken which was meh. I got halibut, which was good. Had cookies and ice cream dessert, which the cookies were not good, they took off the check.
- Dont go to this placebuddy444Dined on 8/29/2014Their website encourages you to roam the 70 acres but there are no signs or much to see. At these prices the food should of been fabulous but it was so so. The service was terrible and even after I complained it did not get any better. We spent a lot of money but the staff only seemed interested in the people who were staying at the inn. I told them ahead of time this was for a birthday celebration and they didn't even offer up a Happy birthday. I would never go back again.