Henry's 12th Street Tavern
10 NW 12th Avenue
Portland, OR 97209Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Henry's 12th Street Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.henrystavern.com/page/home
- Phone: (503) 227-5320
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday 11am - 12am
Thursday - Saturday 11am - 2am
Sunday 10am - 12am
Sunday Brunch featuring All You Can Eat Buffet 10 am - 2 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: Nathan Carlton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Party contact: Dave Crawford (503) 227-5320
- Entertainment: Henry's Tavern offers an upscale billiards room and bar featuring 3 regulation pool tables.
- Special Events: Join us for Sunday Brunch featuring our All You Can Eat Breakfast Buffet 10 am - 2 pm. We open at 10 am Sundays including our Billiards room with 7 Big Screens to watch the games. Try our $3 Bloody Mary Bar
- Cross Street: 97209
- Public Transit: The max public transit trains have several stops within a few blocks of Henry's. The most accessible is the Trolley Stop on 11th and Couch streets.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Underground city parking lot covering a 2 square block area of the Pearl District. We do not validate parking. Significant street parking is also available.
A word from Henry's 12th Street Tavern
Henry's Tavern is an upscale urban eatery located in an historic building located in the hip Pearl District of Portland Oregon. Henry's features over 100 beers on tap as well as a diversified upscale menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Henry's 12th Street Tavern - Best Restaurants in Pearl District ›
Henry's 12th Street Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (42)vibrant bar scene (40)hot spot (28)special occasion (25)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (16)late-night find (15)romantic (14)kid-friendly (14)great for outdoor dining (8)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Friend recommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014Out of town visiting Portland 1st time at Henry's Tavern Appetizer - waffle fries - huge potion - made you full. Huge selection of beer on tapp Pepperoni pizza - unable to finish due to being full from the waffle fries.Special Features:
- The best restaurant in portland!MyHenryDined on 11/22/2014I took my friend out to dinner and i couldnt have chosen a better place! We both had burgers, beer and the pumpkin cheesecake. All i have to say is, this is now my number one restaurant. Its nice inside. Food is amazing. Service is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMrmrsfoodiesDined on 11/20/2014My boyfriend and I have been coming here for years and have always enjoyed the food and drinks. We especially loved the calamari and New York steak with the blue cheese sauce on top. We brought fiends and bragged about those two things. The steak with blue cheese sauce wasn't on the menu and the calamari was way different than before. We didn't like it :( the waitress said the blue cheese steak was a big hit, but she's not sure why they took it off the menu. We were just disappointed and are not as eager to go back or recommend the restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good beer selection, so-so serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014Don't know why but it took about 15 min to just get our beers but really curious as to why it took almost an hour for our meals (flatbread pizza and fish-n-chips) . Good staff and good recommendations, but way too long to wait for pub grub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful group dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I hosted 6 out-of-town conference attendees, and brought them to Henry's for a group/business dinner. All thoroughly enjoyed the venue, food selection and service, and I am sure the dinner will be a highlight of their visit to Portland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations recomendedICKCMDined on 11/15/2014Everything was wonderful! The best part though, was that we had made a reservation. When we walked into the couple in front of us were told that the restaurant was on an hour and a half wait. When I told the front desk we had a reservation, we were immediately shown to a table. NO WAIt!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Henrysphillyfan2008Dined on 11/4/2014Very enjoyable as usual. Chrs our waiter was excellent, the food was excellent. Had an out of town visitor with us who had not been to Henry's. A good meal and service was enjoyed by all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great MealVanTGDined on 11/2/2014We were in need of lunch so we steps by one of our favorite spots- Henry's. Great service, an outstanding Bloody Mary and an excellent meal. The service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to have a drink.FrankchDined on 11/1/2014We initially were going to have dinner here during our stay in Portland, but ended up just going to the bar, so I can not speak to the dining experience. The bar is a nice area to come and have a drink with a group of friends. They had live music when were there on Saturday night. The food was okay, nothing spectacular but they were very accommodating for us with our dietary restrictions. I would go back next time we are in Downtown Portland.Special Features:
- Good Location before the TheaterFoodieFanVIPDined on 11/1/2014We ate here before seeing Dreamgirls at Portland Center Stage. The location is perfect if you're going to that theater, because then you only have to park once. But my "foodie fan" nature wasn't satisfied at this restaurant, and with all the great places to eat in Portland, I don't need to waste more time on this place. I didn't find the menu all that interesting because I don't like tavern food and don't drink beer, which they are known for, but my husband loved his asian beef stirfry. I had a southwest chicken salad, and it was pretty good. Our waitress was very nice, although I hate being addressed as "guys," since I'm not a guy! So if you are a barbecue and brew type of person, you'll probably be just fine with this place.Special Features:
- Just great!Partyof6Dined on 10/25/2014My family and I love this place. The atmosphere is great and the food is even better. This is definitely one of our new favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Henrys has it allnancyrcpDined on 10/24/2014Nice selection of different foods from several countries. The food is well presented and delicious. All staff we interacted with were friendly and professional. Great experience. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Henry's is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Our server was tremendous. Went out of his way to make sure we were all taken care of. The greeter also was attentive and made sure our little one was entertained. Food was excellent and presented beautifully and efficiently. Birthday celebration a success!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunUhMazeInggDined on 10/18/2014I'm glad I chose Henrys Tavern to have my birthday dinner. Everyone loved the food and we all had a lot of fun chatting it up. They served us in a timely manner and everyone who didn't come we're defiantly jealous after I posted pictures on facebook.Special Features:
- Pre-show Dining!InandoutatHenrysDined on 10/18/2014We were attending "Dream Girls" at the Center Stage Theater and wanted to make sure we had plenty of time. Our reservations were for 5:30 pm and we had six (6) people. Our booth was ready when we got there, and we were seated immediately. Because of the hour, and being next to the bar, it was quite noisy where we sat. The fact that an Oregon Ducks football game was being broadcast also added to the energy! The food came as ordered and was as beautiful as it was delicious. Our waiter was attentive without being pushy, and thanked us for our business. We had a great time at Henry's! We were in and out with plenty of time to get to the theater!Special Features:
- Very Accomodating!SSCookDined on 10/17/2014We had a large group in town and the Henry's staff got us all (20) at the same table and made it seem like it was no problem. Our servers were great and good came out in a reasonable amount of time. Just a great experience with awesome food too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Place!PuraVida4YouVIPDined on 9/18/2014Walked in to watch Thursday night football and lucked out and got a booth at the bar. We arrived just before 6PM we got the happy hour specials. Superb deals on the bar menu. Since it was so cheap, we ordered way too much food, but got to sample lots of dishes. Everything was excellent, hot, and served with a smile! The hummus came with a huge stack of pita's for dipping, not the usual 4 or sections like most places. You could almost make this a meal. We got a Caesar salad, chicken fingers, sliders, and cheese fries. WAY TOO much. Had a great time with lots of TVs with HD. Great parking right beside Henry's.Special Features:
- Good service and foodFoodandfriendshipVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food and service was very good. The only hitch was there was no Creme Brulee at dessert time and we did not find that out for quite a long while after ordering dessert. The server offered a free substitution but we had our hearts set on the Creme Brulee. Overall it was a good meL and experience ni would not let that stop me from going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatDebTDined on 9/12/2014We always enjoy Henry's. Great good, good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not timelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Although food was enjoyable, took to long to get food. Not crowded. We had to run to make it to theatre. Arriving at 6:30pm and getting food at 7:25. We had an 8pm show....
- Excellent food but way overpricedshelneuDined on 9/12/2014The food is very good but way overpriced. Portion sizes are very small.Special Features:
- LarissagreatplaceDined on 8/31/2014Had a wondeful experience. As always everything was as expected! The food is always amazing and everytime i try something new im pleasantly surprised! We've started many fun nights at Henrys!! Thanks! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't Be BackTraveler623Dined on 8/29/2014Big crowd at 6 pm, getting last calls for happy hour. Really a mob scene, loud music on patio. Food mediocre, waiter hard to attract once he saw we brought our bottle of wine from the bar. Didn't bring water or bread, although I mentioned celebrating our anniversary, nothing was said or done. Won't be back.Special Features:
- We loved it!ButtonDined on 8/29/2014We absolutely loved our evening at Henry's Tavern. The atmosphere is fantastic and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night out with the familywaderDined on 8/28/2014Great food and fun atmosphere. Wide ranging menu should please all types. Brownie Sundae was a treat.Special Features:
- Lon and BethBLSteinhauerDined on 8/24/2014We went here after getting a gift certificate. This is a great place. Decor was awesome and clean! Staff was professional and well groomed and very polite. The menu is great. There was so much we wanted to try. I don't eat cheese, my wife does. We wanted to share items on the menu so we could try more items. They went out of their way to split meals for us with the likes of each of us on the plate, even though we did not ask for it. The server was great. We will be back and took advantage of their point card.Special Features:
- table of 15 for work event in need!pdxworkerbeeVIPDined on 8/20/2014Large group for after work event: seating was scheduled for 10, but more folks attended from word of mouth and we had no problems getting additional seating to fit everyone. Service was awesome, food was great, and I would highly recommend for your work events!Special Features:
- CherylVIPDined on 8/13/2014Chopped salad was excellent, and nice quiet table on the outside terrace.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Great food but the service was not great. Our server took a long time to bring us our drinks, forgot plates and napkins with our appetizer, and forgot to bring for us waters.I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday lunchHappydinersDined on 8/6/2014Hello we celebrated my birthday lunch with the staff and boss, great place Beautiful food and AWESOME dessert thanks for a great time!!Special Features:
- Great time every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014My most favorite place and now that I am moving I am going to miss all the experiences that I have had at Henry's .Special Features:
- feelgoodDined on 8/2/2014It is a feel good tavern. We enjoyed the food drinks &overall feel at Henrys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 788 reviews are from the Henry's 12th Street Tavern reviews archive.
- Restaurant is OK - not greatNorthernLightsDined on 7/26/2014Henry's is not special. The food is OK, the ambience is OK; nothing great about it. So if you just want to eat and don't expect excellence, Henry's is fine. Nothing to recommend it.
- Not good enough to returnOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014Food was ok. I asked for my burger medium we'll and it arrived medium rare, my husband asked for medium and got well done. Half my fries tasted moldy (nothing visibly wrong with them). The brownie sundae was great and huge. Overall it was fine but with all the other restaurants in the area it doesn't merit a return visit.
- Henry's, A Portland FavoriteMalibubillDined on 7/25/2014This is a great place, reasonable priced for downtown dining, excellent service and great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I know right?franzDined on 7/23/2014My friend ordered a pear and walnut salad for dinner, but when it arrived the salad had no pears or walnuts. When she brought this up to our waitress, the waitress told her she would bring her "extra" pears and walnuts and that she was sorry there wasn't enough. My friend got half way through her salad before the waitress came back with "extra" sides. The waitress asked how the salad was and my friend pointed out yet again that the salad was missing its two main ingredients which was weird. All the waitress said was "I know right?" and walked away. Overall, we did not get the service we were paying for in comparison to the price of our meals. Will not come back to celebrate special occasions again.Special Features:
- Bad servicePortlandDined on 7/19/2014It was my birthday and I made a reservation but when we got there, they had made it for the wrong time.... Then when we finally were able to get a table, my friends told the server that it was my birthday and she rolled her eyes and said nothing. Really terrible service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- preparation and attitude changeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014I used to get the Cobb salad and it was delightful in the presentation. They had the toppings mixed together in a molded shape on top of the salad, and you could order a half size for those who are trying to watch portion size. Now they put the toppings separated out, with a huge piece of uncut chicken on top. It is not nearly as pleasing to look at, and the chicken is not as easy to eat. When I asked about when they had changed, the wait person looked at me like I was an idiot and said they had always served it this way. I also asked for a smaller portion and again, the wait person told me it was impossible and that they had never allowed it. Funny, it was just six months ago I had it served the old way.Special Features:
- Great food and service8chocolateDined on 7/12/2014We wanted to give our out of town guest a great Portland dining experience in the Pearl District and Henry's did not disappoint. We had an excellent server who was very attentive and friendly. Our food was delicious, hot, and served correctly with no mistakes. The only thing that could have been improved was the lighting. There was a bulb burnt out above us and it was hard to see the menu and take pictures. Overall it was a great experience and we will be back to visit soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and AccommodatingISCDtravelerDined on 7/12/2014I was in town on business with 5 other colleagues and made a reservation for 6 people at 6:45pm. The Tavern texted me the morning of to confirm that we were still coming, nice touch. I confirmed but also texted them back 3 hours later asking if they could accommodate two more individuals. They said it was no problem! When we arrived, our table was ready for us with no wait. We had a Portland native with us to help choose a local beer, which was helpful. However the one I chose was out, so the server suggested another very similar and it was amazing. The food was also very very good and came out in a timely manner. Would definitely come back here if I'm ever in Portland again.Special Features: