One Bennett St.
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.henriettastable.com/
- Phone: 6176615005
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 6:30am - 11:00am, 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 5:30pm - 10:00pm Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 5:30pm - 10:00pm Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am, 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 5:30pm - 10:00pm Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am, 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Peter Davis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private room is available for parties of 4 to 40. It is a beautiful room decorated in a warm and comfortable New England style, with large windows overlooking the courtyard. It offers a private sound system, A/V and high-speed cable access.
- Private Party Contact: Ani Moore 6176615014
A word from Henrietta's Table
"Fresh and Honest" which means fresh from the farm and honest to goodness home cooking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Henrietta's Table - Best Restaurants in Harvard Square ›
Henrietta's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
223 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)great for brunch (85)great for outdoor dining (84)good for groups (70)special occasion (63)great for lunch (59)neighborhood gem (50)kid-friendly (41)romantic (21)hot spot (14)notable wine list (12)scenic view (10)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- Has noticeably declined recentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/28/2014Our recent dinner here was terrible. Food was poorly prepared and some items were nearly inedible. We've been going here for years but won't be back unless improvements are made.Special Features:
- Excellent spot for restaurant weekFrenchieVIPDined on 8/28/2014Henrietta's Table offered a very diverse menu for restaurant week. Whereas most restaurants serve rather small portion sizes to compensate for the drop in price in their "DineOut Boston" menu, here, the appetizers and the main courses were filling. The food was excellent! I highly recommend the chocolate sorbet. There are also free refills for limonade.Special Features:
- Fresh food…not much tasteReedVIPDined on 8/27/2014Food is fresh…not very tasty. We've been before when it was better. I could not recommend Henrietta's Table.
- Great food- Okay serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014My two friends and I went for dinner for restaurant week. The restaurant was not overcrowded and it still took us 2 hours to eat the meal. Our appetizers came out before our drinks, we had to ask for a bread basket 30min into the meal and service was very slow. The food was excellent and I highly recommend it for a fancier date night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Such great food. Everything on the menu is so creative and DELICIOUS!Special Features:
- binneygirl168VIPDined on 8/23/2014We went to Henrietta because of the menu posted on the "Dine Out Boston." Then when we went there, the price is difference and the menu was slightly different. I feel that they should have updated what was posted on the website.
- Dine Out Boston - great value!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014Four of us went during Dine Out Boston Week, choosing Henrietta's Table because it offered the most choices. We were able to order 3 courses, plus a side from the regular menu for $33. The food did not disappoint. I thought the crab and corn chowder was a little underseasoned. One of my party thought that the lamb entree was overpowered by the sauce, but another person who had the lamb totally cleared her plate. I'd not hesitate to go back to Henrietta's table or to recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, flawlesssar2126Dined on 8/21/2014There is no better place in Cambridge for lunch than Henrietta's Table. The open bright dining room, the service and the food are all perfect.Special Features:
- Excellent!!vvYFLDined on 8/19/2014I ate here with my friends during restaurant week, the service is awesome and the food is incredible! Don't forget the decoration, of course. Homey & comfortable! I'll come here another time if I can, I love this restaurant.Special Features:
- Good for Dinner, Great for BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014I have been to Henrietta's table for both brunch and dinner. The brunch spread is unbeatable, but the dinner menu leaves something to be desired. The salads are delicious and you really get the fresh ingredient, farm-to-table feel, and the entrees were quite good, but the portions were very average, and the sides are small. The restaurant feels like you are in someone's beautiful countryside home, but the dinner entrees make it feel like you are in a relatively upscale French restaurant -- not consistent with the charming identity of Henrietta's Table. I will always make the trip across the river for brunch here, but there are other places I would choose first for dinner.Special Features:
- Great foodJaneVIPDined on 8/17/2014Duck dish was amazing. Accommodated our party very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overrated and expensivenonameDined on 8/17/2014We went because we decided to take advantage of Restaurant Week (Dine Out Boston) "bargains." Although the cost of a complete dinner with appetizers and dessert was reasonable, the food was mediocre, there was not much ambiance and we were generally disappointed. We would not return and would not recommend. There are many far better places in Cambridge and Boston and many are more reasonably price.
- Expensive CasualAlexVIPDined on 8/14/2014Our group of 4 ate at Henrietta's Table before heading off to the theater. We ate outside which was pleasant. I'd been here several times before and never liked the unadorned tables inside which look more like a cafeteria than a fine restaurant. Everything is al a carte, so the tab runs up surprisingly high. Service is pleasant but unprofessional with waiters reaching across diners and forgetting ordered items. For the money there are many better choices in the Harvard Square area.
- Henrietta's TableDDS1Dined on 8/12/2014This restaurant was fantastic! I have several food allergies and they were very accommodating! Staff was very attentive and good was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No dogs on patioDrAudioVIPDined on 8/11/2014We arrived with our bichon Lucky to enjoy lunch on the patio and we were told that because of an "incident" dogs are not allowed any longer. I was very sad to hear this because this patio is one of the best for dog lovers. They finally did find a seat for us after speaking with the manager but if you plan on going with your dog you had better call first.
- Another BrunchmarianVIPDined on 8/10/2014Our daughter's favorite brunch site. Took her back again two weeks later with BFF to celebrate college bound!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely patiogoodfoodgoodserviceVIPDined on 8/9/2014I'd forgotten what a lovely outdoor space Henrietta's Table enjoyed. The food is excellent, as is the service. A great choice in Harvard Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lack of seasoning killed my mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Great setting and service but rarely have I had a meal that was as tasteless as the lamb stewSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We were a group of six ....... old friends meeting for lunch. They were very accommodating with outside seating out of the sun. Delightful!I would recommend this to a friend.
- BravoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Great to have a restaurant with original, locally-sourced, great-tasting food with outstanding service that is not over-priced or pretentious. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jackVIPDined on 8/5/2014Food was fresh but not spectacularly prepared. However the ambiance of sitting ourside on a warm summer night was enjoyable.Special Features:
- oldfoodieoldfoodieVIPDined on 8/5/2014I love the whole ambience...causal, but par excellence in every respect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still just as great as I rememberMikeblanDined on 8/3/2014I had been to Henrietta's several times when I went to school in Cambridge. Every meal was wonderful. Our summer travel plans landed us in Boston and Cambridge and my wife and I wanted to go back to Henrietta's. Everything was fantastic. I really was happy to see a gem like this has continues to provide excellent food with great service fifteen years later! I hope it's not fifteen years until my next visit.Special Features:
- Great food, expensive sunday brunchlabostondinerVIPDined on 8/3/2014Be aware that on Sundays your only option is a $50 brunch. Everything is available and you could eat for hours, but it's all delicious and rich so you'll get full quickly. Definitely a special occasion brunch spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceFrancine02476Dined on 8/1/2014My first time for dinner. I had been there several time for lunch and always enjoyed the food. The food at dinner was quite good (I would recommend the Halibut Cheeks,) the reasonably price wine was good and the service pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menu selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2014I understand the theme of this restaurant is New England fare, but in summer I would have appreciated some lighter dinner choices. Yankee Pot roast on a sweltering July evening? Bleh.
- So so.JT21079Dined on 7/30/2014The restaurant said we didn't have a reservation. Obviously, since Open Table sent us an email to rate our experience, we did. The waitress acted put upon the whole evening. We did end up with a nice table. When she finally took our drink order, they were delivered after the appetizer. The pork was very good, but the chicken and halibut cheeks lackluster. We've been here several times before and always enjoyed it.
- Fresh and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2014Henrietta's Table uses local, fresh ingredients which made for a delicious enjoyable meal. The crab cakes were generous and mostly crab. The greens were crisp and tasty. And the Yankee pot roast was tender and comforting. Our blueberry crostata was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingfud4thotVIPDined on 7/27/2014The brunch was disappointing. I had enjoyed dinners here before and was expecting the same quality of food. Unfortunately my husband and I were not impressed with what was offered at brunch.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceUpstateNYerDined on 7/26/2014Comfortable atmosphere, delicious food and friendly service! Best bread pudding we've ever had!!! Would recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre foodnice ambiencefoodie21Dined on 7/26/20146 of us went for celebratory meal- prime rib- fatty slab of chewy cold meat- with mashed potatoes mixed with horrible cheese- all for almost $30! duck was better- salmon OK- overpriced for the food- the ambience is nice- service very goodSpecial Features:
- outstanding local New England fareOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Outstanding local sources explained, like the local cheese menu and beer menu, making every delicious bite more special. Savory and delicious, exceptionally well prepared and inventive! Wait staff welcoming, knowledgeable & efficient!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014loved coming here--friendly, helpful staff--awareness of theater time for dinner also loved at another time after event diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedTraveler2014Dined on 7/23/2014Food mediocre to poor. Service less than attentive. A disappointment, considering how it's lauded by frommer's and overrated by Zagat's.
- Another lovely eveningScottVIPDined on 7/19/2014We often stop at Henrietta's Table when going to a Regattabar performance, and this was one of those occasions. Nick, our server, was superb - professional, fun, knowledgeable about the menu, attentive to getting us out in time for the performance. And he remembered to give us the 10% discount that applies to Regattabar customers. The Yankee Pot Roast, which some of our party had, was superb. The Halibut, which I had, was quite good but not the best I've had.Special Features:
- Fresh & gr8 ambience but lil flavorgradstudentfromtheareaDined on 7/18/2014My wife got the lamb shank & I went with the pork chops. The small portion size of her dish surprised my wife though the pork chops were a decent size. I found the pork chops & the sauce to be under-salted. Halfway through my dish, I liberally sprinkled salt & it helped the flavor of the dish by a few notches. Also even though the pork chops had been brined overnight, as I was working my way through the pork chops, I did not find any flavors to have seeped through the chops themselves. We also had a pitcher of Sangria. It was very disappointing. The sangria felt watery and there were no other fruits besides some slices of strawberry in it. Overall impression: Not great. Pluses: fresh food & nice ambiance; Cons: Taste - very underwhelming.Special Features:
- good locally sourced foodomh66Dined on 7/16/2014great food from organic sources, interesting combinations. The tartar sauce with the crab cakes was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Losing steam?StormDined on 7/13/2014Hadn't been to Henrietta's for brunch in a number of years,wasn't overly impressed this time. For starters, the hostess didn't seem like she wanted to be there- definitely needs attitude adjustment for that job. I really looked forward to the oysters but they were just not that good - small and not that flavorful. Don't know if it's the batch they got or what, but they were just OK. The waffles were very good - I thought the fruit selection could have been much better, but then when I later went to the dessert table, there was all the fruit I wish I'd seen earlier near the main buffet. Service was very good, no complaints with our waiter, he was great. For the price, you kind of expect things to be top notch in all departments.Special Features:
- tiredAntikVIPDined on 7/12/20146 of us got together for a Saturday brunch. To be fair It was the end of the branch shift, so staff was hot and tired. We sat outside, chairs had no cushion, so girls in short shorts end up with a bruises on the upper portion of the hamstring, With the memorable pattern from the wire. Menu was too heavy on fruit/nuts bread items. It was a nice bread, way too much though. One of our guests had nut allergy, another hated raisins. Portions were rather too generous 5/6 slices of french toast with what looked like a pile of whip cream. Oysters were sad and dry in their shell. I suspect it was just the weather, but to be honest I would be rather hesitant to come again. Best item from our selections was a watermelon gazpacho.Special Features:
- Dinner at Henrietta'sLove2EatDined on 7/11/2014Great food! Fresh, healthy...not a lot of salt or preservatives. I started off with a crab and corn chowder which was very good and the waitress brought us warm, gluten-free bread because of my dining companion's allergy. I ordered the vegetarian chili with empanadas and it was delicious. There were a lot of fresh vegetables used and it was spicy, too, which I like. Good portion and it also comes with two empanadas on top that are filled with melted cheese. I loved the dough they used to make the empanadas...dense, chewy...great for mopping up the chili. A very hearty dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.