One Bennett St.
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.henriettastable.com/
- Phone: 6176615005
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 6:30am - 11:00am, 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 5:30pm - 10:00pm Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 5:30pm - 10:00pm Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am, 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 5:30pm - 10:00pm Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am, 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Peter Davis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private room is available for parties of 4 to 40. It is a beautiful room decorated in a warm and comfortable New England style, with large windows overlooking the courtyard. It offers a private sound system, A/V and high-speed cable access.
- Private Party Contact: Ani Moore 6176615014
A word from Henrietta's Table
"Fresh and Honest" which means fresh from the farm and honest to goodness home cooking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Henrietta's Table - Best Restaurants in Harvard Square ›
Henrietta's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
242 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (114)good for groups (81)great for brunch (80)great for outdoor dining (72)great for lunch (70)neighborhood gem (69)special occasion (66)kid-friendly (36)hot spot (19)romantic (16)notable wine list (12)scenic view (6)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- Worthy of a CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014Took my hubby out with our kids for birthday brunch. Our 2nd time here and we will come back. Special food for special occasion without the fanfare or pretention of a pricier joint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/26/2014Brunch buffet features any food you could wish for and available servers to assist. Feels like being royally taken care of.Special Features:
- Lovely mealNewlegalfanDined on 10/25/2014Had a really lovely meal here with some colleagues. The brunch menu was fantastic, lots of choice and excellent value. We'll certainly come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014In a delightfully comfortable setting, we were served delicious food by delightful wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local BountyWhatShesHavingDined on 10/20/2014Enjoyed a beautiful fresh spinach salad with pristine baked scrod, accompanied by brussels sprouts and roasted fingerling potatoes. Excellent! Good bread, nice wine, and a smashing chocolate-banana bread pudding. Could not have been more pleased--and spent 3 hours catching up with a dear friend while enjoying it all. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Green With EnvynotmyfavDined on 10/19/2014Is how everybody should feel of my recent dining experience at HT! The celery green decor was inviting, only to be outdone by the freshness of all of the food the brunch spread had to offer. Every bite was more delicious than the one prior, but with all of the delectable treats, I kept returning to the vegetable terrine (with all of the pates). I am looking forward to returning!Special Features:
- Delicious Fall Evening DinnerRadcliffemomDined on 10/18/2014The chef uses fresh farm-to-table ingredients create delicious dishes. Dinner was filling, so we shared the sweet potato cheesecake for dessert--fabulous! The noise level was high, but acceptable. The staff was overly eager to clear our plates before everyone in our party had finished eating, but that did not diminish the enjoyment of our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably good food and ambienceKSuzanneVIPDined on 10/18/2014We are repeat customers, as we know we will be able to count on an excellent meal and good service. A major plus for us at Henrietta's is that, even when the place is filled, the noise level is not overwhelming. We were there on a busy, jumping Saturday night, and yet we could hear each other talk and enjoy conversation during our meal. Very few restaurants offer that these days. Since Henrietta's is nestled in the upscale Charles Hotel, there is a minimal air of formality just by association, but in truth the restaurant ambience and decor is casual and cheerful. Furthermore, every waiter & waitress is friendly and helpful. The food is delicious and creative, but not off-the-wall weird. Henrietta's is popular; be sure to make reservations!Special Features:
- Head Of The Charles 2014MaccaboutVIPDined on 10/17/2014Great food. All regional farms. Service was attentive but not overwhelming. We really enjoyed the Specials as well as the cheese plate. It was great from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BostonVIPDined on 10/15/2014We have eaten at the restaurant on many occasions, and have always enjoyed it. It is reliable, friendly, and the food is always good. Years ago we went to the Thanksgiving buffet, and it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious!CherylBDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I had dinner here for the first time Sunday night. Everything was outstanding. We started with specialty /seasonal drinks which was a lot of fun, then next had a cheese plate, then appetizers ( I had the delicious potato/cheddar/bacon soup) and finally dinner. My husband had the duck in the port reduction and I had the Maine crab cakes. The service was organized, knowledgable and friendly. I absolutely recommend this restaurant to anyone - the food is fresh, unique and flavorful. We will be back for sure- probably next time to try the brunch!Special Features:
- Weekend Brunch DestinationFoodieDined on 10/11/2014Not realizing that Harvard was having an at home football game we found Henrietta's table a bit more crowded than we had expected. I was also surprised that the restaurant would have rotating hours on the weekend and not open until Noon. Again, not a big problem. The food is excellent as is the service. We enjoy Henrietta's each and every time we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort food with class!veggieloveDined on 10/9/2014I love the fresh quality of the food at Henrietta's Table. The starter of grilled balsamic portobello mushroom served on fresh spinach leaves was superb. All the vegetable sides are wonderful and we made a meal ordering three of them, along with the portobello starter. We had wilted greens, roasted squash and very green broccoli--all delicious. The basket of three different kinds of fresh breads is always wonderful. I hadn't been to Henrietta's in awhile, but my memory of the entrees is that they are also excellent--the chicken and the roasted duck are two dishes I've enjoyed. Overall, great comfort food with class! I've had only good experience with the service. Too bad many of the entrees have become a bit pricey (high $20s-30s).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overzealous wait staffKoreanderVIPDined on 10/5/2014Food and ambiance at Henrietta's Table are excellent but the wait staff is overly attentive. Hard to believe that I'm complaining about this but they checked in too often to see if we needed anything. It was hard to carry on a conversation without being interrupted by someone asking how everything was. They also cleared plates before everyone was finished (a pet peeve of mine) to the point that side dishes that were being shared were being cleared away as soon as the first diner was finished. They also started clearing everything off the table even though my disabled father was still clearly enjoying his meal. I had to tell 2 different wait staff to stop clearing while he was still eating.
- Our local brunch favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/5/2014A great piece of New England, with a generous brunch. For other meals the Yankee Pot Roast is a giant win.Special Features:
- A good choice for veggies too!EmkayDined on 10/2/2014I am mostly a vegan. There are two dishes for vegetarians / vegans on the menu and I order one or the other every time! They are both fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingSuzyDined on 9/28/2014Service was great, but food was disappointing. Rib eye "steak" was more like very fatty roast beef. Scrod and sole bland and were hard to distinguish from each other. Salads were deliciousSpecial Features:
- LizzyDined on 9/27/2014A terrific experience each time I dine at Henrietta's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliably goodRupertGilesDined on 9/25/2014Henrietta's serves really good food that is always well-prepared. The specials are always about what is local and fresh at the time, and the "Classics" are good all year round. As much as possible, all meat and produce comes from local and nearby New England farms. On this particular occasion, I was there for lunch. However, the Sunday Brunch is not to be believed in its abundance, scope, and quantity. I suggest fasting for 24 hours before going!Special Features:
- PickyeaterDined on 9/21/2014Brunch was good but shocked when we sat down and they told us it was the only option at $50/person - not worth itSpecial Features:
- Too frilly for meOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Had a business lunch at Henrietta's Table based solely on its "best in Harvard Square" TripAdvisor rating. I was disappointed. The menu was limited and offered the perfect kinds of things that women and health-food fanatics would go for, I guess. Had the crab and corn chowder which wasn't particularly nuanced-- tasted like corn-potato soup without even the hint of crab. I ordered the rib eye which was a salad (not bad, but not great). Steak was only fair, the greens were fresh and crisp, however. The place was bustling, clean, "cute", and offered indoor and outdoor dining in the courtyard of the Charles Hotel. Service was OK, but unexceptional in any way. Not my thing.Special Features:
- Nice Pre-TheaterblarondeVIPDined on 9/18/2014Dined here before a 7:30 theater event, and found it to be a wise choice. We easily parked at the hotel and were seated right away even though the heavy traffic had delayed us considerably (we called ahead to explain). Dinners were well-prepared and servings were just right so we didn't feel overstuffed. Just a short walk to the A.R.T. Nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great breakfast placeahluckDined on 9/18/2014It's a wonderful place to start your day, good food, warm ambience and great service.Special Features:
- Great place to eatJimboDined on 9/13/2014The casual setting and vibrant atmosphere was only surpassed by the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat customerLgherecDined on 9/11/2014This was our second visit to Henrietta's table this year and we will definitely be back in the future. The food is delicious, service great and the dining room is very comfortable and tastefully decorated like a modern farmhouse. Great place to relax with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't botherPRogVIPDined on 9/10/2014I ate here with my bf and 2 other close friends while on vacation. The decor was aweful, it looked like a fancy Denny's. This place advertises it's a farm to table restaurant but it did not reflect on the menu. The menu was a bit boring but we ordered anyway. One salad had a hair in it. We ordered the side of broccoli and it arrived in a pool of hot water and it was the entire stalk! Not even cut into pieces. The rest of the food was bland. The only positive thing about the meal was our waiter who provided good service but I felt bad that he had to keep apologizing for the kitchen.
- My favorite brunch in BostonPNittyDined on 9/7/2014It's been quite a while since I've been to the Henrietta's Table Sunday Brunch so when I had plans in the Harvard Sq area on Sunday I had to take advantage of it. The selection and abundance of food was great. The quality and taste was great too. I love this brunch and need to make sure I get there more oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sit On Down at Henrietta's TableHopieDined on 9/4/2014I enjoyed a sumptuous summer lunch at Henrietta's. My meal was delicious, healthy and filling. The wait staff was polite and attentive. The relaxed atmosphere added to the delight of my afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimiobDined on 9/3/2014The food was very good, the service was excellent, the wine great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- newenglandtravelerDined on 9/3/2014NO REVIEW FOR GREY CHICKEN SALAD TAHT NO ONE COULD EXPLAIN TO ME.Special Features:
- Pre-ART matinee lovely lunch w/kidsLettuceatDined on 9/3/2014Excellent food & service, lovely ambiance. The two early arrivals were seated immediately; no waiting for the party to be complete. At our request, we sat outside in the breezes under the shade of an umbrella. We were immediately supplied with a Charles Hotel coloring book & a package of crayons for the child, who got right to work reading & coloring. A kid's menu with great choices is at the back of the coloring book . When lunch was finished, the youngsters walked about the patio area while remaining in our view. As an extra added attraction, both little girls loved the hotel's spotless & elegant marble bathroom with - gasp! - cloth hand towels.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014I usually don't write reviews but we had dirty silverware and wrong drinks at this very otherwise reportedly nice restaurant.
- terrible serviceylin89Dined on 8/29/2014Came for Restaurant Week because I was impressed by their menu. Service was spotty, forgetful, and every single dish was served lukewarm and very obviously ready-made. That said, the food was okay, but nothing spectacular.
- Restaurant WeekbloodorangeDined on 8/29/2014I came here on my lunch break with a coworker during restaurant week and had a wonderful lunch. I had been there twice before but had never eaten on the patio. Good service.Special Features:
- Delicious foodLexingtonVisitorVIPDined on 8/29/2014Delicious lunch with great variety. I thought it was a bit cheeky to charge an extra dollar to switch from having potatoes to a vegetable. The baked scrod was very fresh and melt in your mouth delicious. My starter spinach salad with pecan vinaigrette, blueberries and goat cheese was also very tasty. It would have been nice to have a two-course instead of three-course lunch available as an option, so I needed to carry my dessert home. It also would have been nice to have our water glasses refilled at least once!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has noticeably declined recentlyHarvardmomVIPDined on 8/28/2014Our recent dinner here was terrible. Food was poorly prepared and some items were nearly inedible. We've been going here for years but won't be back unless improvements are made.Special Features:
- Excellent spot for restaurant weekFrenchieVIPDined on 8/28/2014Henrietta's Table offered a very diverse menu for restaurant week. Whereas most restaurants serve rather small portion sizes to compensate for the drop in price in their "DineOut Boston" menu, here, the appetizers and the main courses were filling. The food was excellent! I highly recommend the chocolate sorbet. There are also free refills for limonade.Special Features:
- Fresh food…not much tasteReedVIPDined on 8/27/2014Food is fresh…not very tasty. We've been before when it was better. I could not recommend Henrietta's Table.
- Great food- Okay servicetayseatsDined on 8/26/2014My two friends and I went for dinner for restaurant week. The restaurant was not overcrowded and it still took us 2 hours to eat the meal. Our appetizers came out before our drinks, we had to ask for a bread basket 30min into the meal and service was very slow. The food was excellent and I highly recommend it for a fancier date night.Special Features:
- Everything was perfect!maryhDined on 8/25/2014I went for Dine Out Boston and the food was simply fantastic! The appetizers (Corn Crab Chowder + Pastrami Smoked Salmon) were out of this world. We also got a goat cheese platter which was the perfect amount of cheese + paired snacks. Main courses (BBQ Pulled Lamb + Blackberry Duck) were good; Lamb tasted like any other pulled meat, Duck was a bit overcooked, but the leftovers were even better and more tender somehow. Dessert was possibly the best course, I couldn't manage a single bite of my date's Peach Short Cake before he inhaled it. My Chocolate Bread Pudding was unique and perfectly spongy.Special Features: