One Bennett St.
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.henriettastable.com/
- Phone: (617) 661-5005
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 6:30am - 11:00am, 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 5:30pm - 10:00pm Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 5:30pm - 10:00pm Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am, 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 5:30pm - 10:00pm Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am, 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Peter Davis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private room is available for parties of 4 to 40. It is a beautiful room decorated in a warm and comfortable New England style, with large windows overlooking the courtyard. It offers a private sound system, A/V and high-speed cable access.
- Private Party Contact: Ani Moore 6176615014
A word from Henrietta's Table
"Fresh and Honest" which means fresh from the farm and honest to goodness home cooking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Henrietta's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
258 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (121)good for groups (92)great for brunch (90)special occasion (74)neighborhood gem (71)great for lunch (67)great for outdoor dining (63)kid-friendly (38)hot spot (18)romantic (15)notable wine list (10)scenic view (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)Show More
- Enjoyable but loudLloydVIPDined on 11/21/2014There with a group of friends the night before ythe Harvard-Yale game. Don't remember it ever being so loud that it was hard to have a conversation that all four of us could hear. Three of us had the day's special--swordfish--perfectly cooked and extremely tasty, though not the most generous portion. Accompanied were roasted mixed root vegetables, very tasty and crisp, but odd that they wwere served cold. (Could this have been a mistake?) One of us had the lamb shank and was disappointed by the small portion and the pieces of meat not on the bone. The pea soup and vegetable was a delicious and very filling appetizer. My baked apple dessert was perfection. The pumpkin pie special was, my companions said, disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food small drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2014Henrietta's Table is spot on with their food. Mostly local and very well prepared. I hosted a small business dinner and the setting was very cozy and allowed the business speak to flow with high energy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceTexaschemistVIPDined on 11/16/2014Food was quite good. Especially liked the Nantucket Bay scallops and the root vegetable hash. Service was remarkably poor. Waited five minutes at the hostess stand while she talked on the phone without even a nod of acknowledgement. Had to ask to get sweetener for our tea. Had a glass spill and had it contained and partially cleaned before we could get a waiter's attention. No refills on our coffee. And our table was adjacent to the wait station. Too expensive to be treated so poorly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for celebrations!MagicFanDined on 11/16/2014We celebrated my mothers 85th birthday and it was the perfect event. It wasn't too noisy, my mother loved her food (portions aren't too too big) and best of all, two waiters came out and delivered a cake and a spectacular rendition of Happy Birthday in harmony at the end of the dinner. They were absolutely fantastic and made the night very special. Thank you so much. Your staff are exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionsBostonLutherDined on 11/16/2014Henriettas table on a Sunday is where I go if I want to celebrate an occasion. for example my wife's birthday. The buffet food is excellent and I dwell on the smoked salmon,shrimp and roast beef. It is a pity that they only seem to have California wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience - yummy brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2014We went here for brunch which was a great experience. My biggest recommendation is to not show up right around 12 when brunch opens but to wait until 1:30 because the line was really long during the first 45 min. It would be nice if plates were located at different places along the buffet so you didn't have to wait through the whole seafood line to get to the hot food and cheese plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Everything was delicious and wonderful, good drinks and good atmosphere. Change your glassware though! It feels too IKEA, which would be fine if we were paying less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were a disappointmentJuliaVIPDined on 11/15/2014Though the dining room was full and the atmosphere was nice, the food and service were lackluster. The salmon was a small tail piece that was overcooked and the root vegetables were basically just small potatoes with no flavor. Our servers never stopped by to ask how anything tasted and had to be flagged down for everything we needed. Chardonnay was room temperature. Very disappointing.
- Boring feed and too noisy for good conversationjohnVIPDined on 11/12/2014I tried two vegetables and found them so boring as to be not worth eating. The crab soup was cold and underspiced. I tried a cheese selection and found nothing better than what you can get at Star Market. In short, if you like your taste buds to be stimulated, don't go to Henrietta's Table.
- flexible menu choices let you eat a lot or littlebetsy1963Dined on 11/12/2014Henrietta's is so flexible--you can order an appetizer for your main course, or share a plate, or choose food in any combination. I don't have a big appetite so I resist having a full plate as in most main courses. The food is very well prepared, and the service is always attentive but not rushed. Plus we had a stunningly good Taza chocolate dessert (shared) for a birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, but lacking otherwiseTommyDined on 11/8/2014The food was really nice. The service was polite, but clearly they were trying to rush us through which made the entire meal feel like we were holding them up. The atmosphere was similar to an industrial cafeteria which isn't necessarily bad, but doesn't feel terribly intimate. I'll go back, but my expectations will be different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dining ExperienceTurtleDined on 11/7/2014We ate at Henrietta's Table, which is in the Charles Hotel, on a busy Harvard family weekend. We were able to get reservations on the early side and had an excellent meal and excellent service. We were not rushed even though it was obviously a packed night, yet the service was attentive. Everyone in the party enjoyed their meal, drinks and desert. I would definitely recommend this as a very pleasant night out with the bonus of parking under the hotel.Special Features:
- Harvard Square popular eateryDeboVIPDined on 11/7/2014Menu had a good selection of healthy, wholesome food. Loved the soups, fruit plate and salads.Nice sunny, airy location in an upscale hotel right off Harvard Square. Very popular - has been there for years. Very pleasant waitstaff. Great for lunch. Will return to try other offerings as they are very appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFrecklesDined on 11/6/2014Ate here during restaurant week and was very disappointed -- bland food, etc. Sent letter that detailed shortcomings -- no response. After a disappointing lunch this week, do not plan to eat here again.
- The total packageMbMbDined on 11/1/2014We arrived early with only three rather than four persons we had reserved a table for and the staff accommodated us with a genuine welcome and seated us quickly. This large restaurant is somewhat disguised by the design and lighting and we conversed with ease. My duck and beet salad was excellent and the table favorite; the salmon next; the pot roast was somewhat dry and overdone. When you aren't asked how you like your meat or fish cooked, it signals a formula kitchen that mostly works if the ingredients are super fresh and flavorful, as these are, but risks a mass production product. A limited but well selected wine list is offered. Our server and the kitchen earned a gold star when they freshly prepared a hot chai for our guest.Special Features:
- Worthy of a CelebrationNemoMamaDined on 10/26/2014Took my hubby out with our kids for birthday brunch. Our 2nd time here and we will come back. Special food for special occasion without the fanfare or pretention of a pricier joint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/26/2014Brunch buffet features any food you could wish for and available servers to assist. Feels like being royally taken care of.Special Features:
- Lovely mealNewlegalfanDined on 10/25/2014Had a really lovely meal here with some colleagues. The brunch menu was fantastic, lots of choice and excellent value. We'll certainly come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014In a delightfully comfortable setting, we were served delicious food by delightful wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local BountyWhatShesHavingDined on 10/20/2014Enjoyed a beautiful fresh spinach salad with pristine baked scrod, accompanied by brussels sprouts and roasted fingerling potatoes. Excellent! Good bread, nice wine, and a smashing chocolate-banana bread pudding. Could not have been more pleased--and spent 3 hours catching up with a dear friend while enjoying it all. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Green With EnvynotmyfavDined on 10/19/2014Is how everybody should feel of my recent dining experience at HT! The celery green decor was inviting, only to be outdone by the freshness of all of the food the brunch spread had to offer. Every bite was more delicious than the one prior, but with all of the delectable treats, I kept returning to the vegetable terrine (with all of the pates). I am looking forward to returning!Special Features:
- Delicious Fall Evening DinnerRadcliffemomDined on 10/18/2014The chef uses fresh farm-to-table ingredients create delicious dishes. Dinner was filling, so we shared the sweet potato cheesecake for dessert--fabulous! The noise level was high, but acceptable. The staff was overly eager to clear our plates before everyone in our party had finished eating, but that did not diminish the enjoyment of our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably good food and ambienceKSuzanneVIPDined on 10/18/2014We are repeat customers, as we know we will be able to count on an excellent meal and good service. A major plus for us at Henrietta's is that, even when the place is filled, the noise level is not overwhelming. We were there on a busy, jumping Saturday night, and yet we could hear each other talk and enjoy conversation during our meal. Very few restaurants offer that these days. Since Henrietta's is nestled in the upscale Charles Hotel, there is a minimal air of formality just by association, but in truth the restaurant ambience and decor is casual and cheerful. Furthermore, every waiter & waitress is friendly and helpful. The food is delicious and creative, but not off-the-wall weird. Henrietta's is popular; be sure to make reservations!Special Features:
- Head Of The Charles 2014MaccaboutVIPDined on 10/17/2014Great food. All regional farms. Service was attentive but not overwhelming. We really enjoyed the Specials as well as the cheese plate. It was great from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BostonVIPDined on 10/15/2014We have eaten at the restaurant on many occasions, and have always enjoyed it. It is reliable, friendly, and the food is always good. Years ago we went to the Thanksgiving buffet, and it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious!CherylBDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I had dinner here for the first time Sunday night. Everything was outstanding. We started with specialty /seasonal drinks which was a lot of fun, then next had a cheese plate, then appetizers ( I had the delicious potato/cheddar/bacon soup) and finally dinner. My husband had the duck in the port reduction and I had the Maine crab cakes. The service was organized, knowledgable and friendly. I absolutely recommend this restaurant to anyone - the food is fresh, unique and flavorful. We will be back for sure- probably next time to try the brunch!Special Features:
- Weekend Brunch DestinationFoodieDined on 10/11/2014Not realizing that Harvard was having an at home football game we found Henrietta's table a bit more crowded than we had expected. I was also surprised that the restaurant would have rotating hours on the weekend and not open until Noon. Again, not a big problem. The food is excellent as is the service. We enjoy Henrietta's each and every time we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort food with class!veggieloveDined on 10/9/2014I love the fresh quality of the food at Henrietta's Table. The starter of grilled balsamic portobello mushroom served on fresh spinach leaves was superb. All the vegetable sides are wonderful and we made a meal ordering three of them, along with the portobello starter. We had wilted greens, roasted squash and very green broccoli--all delicious. The basket of three different kinds of fresh breads is always wonderful. I hadn't been to Henrietta's in awhile, but my memory of the entrees is that they are also excellent--the chicken and the roasted duck are two dishes I've enjoyed. Overall, great comfort food with class! I've had only good experience with the service. Too bad many of the entrees have become a bit pricey (high $20s-30s).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overzealous wait staffKoreanderVIPDined on 10/5/2014Food and ambiance at Henrietta's Table are excellent but the wait staff is overly attentive. Hard to believe that I'm complaining about this but they checked in too often to see if we needed anything. It was hard to carry on a conversation without being interrupted by someone asking how everything was. They also cleared plates before everyone was finished (a pet peeve of mine) to the point that side dishes that were being shared were being cleared away as soon as the first diner was finished. They also started clearing everything off the table even though my disabled father was still clearly enjoying his meal. I had to tell 2 different wait staff to stop clearing while he was still eating.
- Our local brunch favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/5/2014A great piece of New England, with a generous brunch. For other meals the Yankee Pot Roast is a giant win.Special Features:
- A good choice for veggies too!EmkayDined on 10/2/2014I am mostly a vegan. There are two dishes for vegetarians / vegans on the menu and I order one or the other every time! They are both fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingSuzyDined on 9/28/2014Service was great, but food was disappointing. Rib eye "steak" was more like very fatty roast beef. Scrod and sole bland and were hard to distinguish from each other. Salads were deliciousSpecial Features:
- LizzyDined on 9/27/2014A terrific experience each time I dine at Henrietta's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliably goodRupertGilesDined on 9/25/2014Henrietta's serves really good food that is always well-prepared. The specials are always about what is local and fresh at the time, and the "Classics" are good all year round. As much as possible, all meat and produce comes from local and nearby New England farms. On this particular occasion, I was there for lunch. However, the Sunday Brunch is not to be believed in its abundance, scope, and quantity. I suggest fasting for 24 hours before going!Special Features:
- PickyeaterDined on 9/21/2014Brunch was good but shocked when we sat down and they told us it was the only option at $50/person - not worth itSpecial Features:
- Too frilly for meOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Had a business lunch at Henrietta's Table based solely on its "best in Harvard Square" TripAdvisor rating. I was disappointed. The menu was limited and offered the perfect kinds of things that women and health-food fanatics would go for, I guess. Had the crab and corn chowder which wasn't particularly nuanced-- tasted like corn-potato soup without even the hint of crab. I ordered the rib eye which was a salad (not bad, but not great). Steak was only fair, the greens were fresh and crisp, however. The place was bustling, clean, "cute", and offered indoor and outdoor dining in the courtyard of the Charles Hotel. Service was OK, but unexceptional in any way. Not my thing.Special Features:
- Nice Pre-TheaterblarondeVIPDined on 9/18/2014Dined here before a 7:30 theater event, and found it to be a wise choice. We easily parked at the hotel and were seated right away even though the heavy traffic had delayed us considerably (we called ahead to explain). Dinners were well-prepared and servings were just right so we didn't feel overstuffed. Just a short walk to the A.R.T. Nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great breakfast placeahluckDined on 9/18/2014It's a wonderful place to start your day, good food, warm ambience and great service.Special Features:
- Great place to eatJimboDined on 9/13/2014The casual setting and vibrant atmosphere was only surpassed by the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat customerLgherecDined on 9/11/2014This was our second visit to Henrietta's table this year and we will definitely be back in the future. The food is delicious, service great and the dining room is very comfortable and tastefully decorated like a modern farmhouse. Great place to relax with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.