1305 Old Northern Blvd
Roslyn, NY 11576Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hendrickstavern.com/
- Phone: 5166211200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00PM -4:00pm
Dinner: Monday -Thursday: 5:00pm -11pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm -12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm -10:00pm
now open for brunch!!!
Saturday - Sunday: 11:30 AM - 4:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joseph Maulo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Hendrick’s Tavern is an expandable event space that can meet the needs of any size party up to a seated dinner for 125 guests. It consists of two bar areas, three private dining rooms, a VIP bar for cocktail parties, and a ballroom for large catering events. The bars are equipped with plenty of high top table seating for dining and are perfect for trying some of the tasty small plate offerings or any of the full menu entrees. The George Bar, so named for the historic portraits of George Washington that adorn the walls, features full screen TV’s available to the public Tuesday through Saturday.
A word from Hendrick's Tavern
The cuisine is a mix of comfort food, prime steakhouse staples, and seafood dishes with a fine flair. The juxtaposition of old design and modern food add to the ambiance that makes Hendrick’s Tavern a unique dining destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hendrick's Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)fit for foodies (44)neighborhood gem (40)vibrant bar scene (37)good for groups (31)hot spot (28)romantic (27)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (9)late-night find (7)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A Memorable Birthday Celebration!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/15/2014The place was spot on for service and ambiance!! I would definitely order the Mac & Cheese and the Mushrooms as sides as they were tasty. The sea bass I was not excited about as it came to the table cold so I politely wrapped it up, unfortunately once hot it was still a miss. We had the apple crisp and chocolate cake as dessert and this is what would make us come back to dine here..simply amazing! As a note, I would not bring children to this place unless they're well behaved and used to eating without hassle. The staff was very accommodating to our table and did everything to ensure our dining experience was amazing. Thank you very much for reviewing the special note I left on Open Table and for making our birthday celebration memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationfuntimesDined on 10/12/2014We were treated wonderfully our waiter was super attentive and courteous. It was a first time there and we will definately be back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noise levelfoodie2VIPDined on 10/11/2014It was impossible for us to hear each other talking--it ruined the mealSpecial Features:
- great place.TheseDined on 10/3/2014Great service, place and great food. A little overpriced.Special Features:
- Hendricks tavernoccdinerDined on 10/3/2014Very lovely place but staff(waiters, bread guy, water guy, etc) were extremely in a rush that evening. Very crowded! Our table for 2 was placed literally in an isle of rushing staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerlovemesomeshiDined on 9/27/2014The service, ambiance, and food were all great. I ate in the dining room and look forward to doing so again.. And also looking forward to eating in the bar or even just grabbing post dinner dessert there. Great vibe all around and just so comfortable to in. An instant fave for me.Special Features:
- OverratedMDsyossetVIPDined on 9/27/2014It started at the bar. Couldn't make a drink right. And I mean almost undrinkable Ordered the steak for 2-medium. Came out rare. The wait staff left it on the table with no serving utensil. Was I supposed to stab it with my fork like a backyard BBQ? The burnt broccoli was tasteless. Considering the price and rating very disappointing. My first instinct that night was to go to Manhattan. I should have
- cookie18Dined on 9/23/2014Excellent food, great service and wine! Our first time there and we will definitely go back again. With their 4 lovely fireplaces, we are looking forward to returning during the holidays for sure!Special Features:
- Fabulous for a Special Evening!YcookeatoutDined on 9/9/2014Food, service and overall great experience celebrating special wedding anniversaries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Poll Brothers GembirdmanDined on 9/6/2014Hendricks did it again! Excellent food, service and wine. The types of quality items on the menu is difficult to beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional and InterestingmicvicDined on 9/6/2014A substantial variety of menu choices, prepared to diner's spec. Good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014Christine was an excellent waitress. We have eaten here several times and she is much better than the previous waiters we have had. She continually checked in to make sure we had everything we needed.Special Features:
- lost its charmDoNobuVIPDined on 8/28/2014food was not as good, steak was tough, organic chicken was good, service was not great, but adequate, appetizers lost their charm sliders were very goodSpecial Features:
- A nice evening !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Can highly recommend this place, if what you are looking for is, a fine meal, in a good atmosphere, with well prepared food and great service.Special Features:
- Try the barGourmantVIPDined on 8/23/2014We usually sit in the main room but came for dinner early to have a drink at the bar. The lady bartender was so sweet and friendly, we decided to dine at the bar. It was great. We had tuna appetizer, branzino and burnt broccoli. A fun evening. Give it a try...Special Features:
- Great dining experiencekittyDined on 8/22/2014This was a very nice dining experience. We sat in the enclosed porch area. We started with zucchini and eggplant chips. There were very good with a delicious garlic sauce. My main course was the marinated skirt steak and it was the best I ever had. It was served sliced on a bed of caramelized onions with a small roasted head of garlic on the side. My husband had chicken parmesan and he loved it. We also had a side of sauteed spinach and it was excellent also. We shared a "pistachio" cake for dessert but it was really a yellow cake with raspberry filling and whipped cream topping with some pistachios sprinkled on the side of the frosting. It was good but not what I expected. We will definitely return here.Special Features:
- Hendricks TavernAlfonso2Dined on 8/21/2014This was the George Washington Manor, now that it has changed, it's kept some of the old class style and still has different rooms to sit an drink, The food was great the apps were very intriguing and different we had to stop ordering so many so we could have an entree' The skirt steak was done to perfection and the Wyago steak was awesome ! The service was great, and very attentive to diners needs.Special Features:
- Ellen28VIPDined on 8/19/2014lunch was fresh & delicious. Phil our waiter was accomodating. cant wait to come back.Special Features:
- Henrick's is consistenly goodRoslynDined on 8/17/2014We have been to Hendrick's several times and have always been satisfied with the food, service and ambience. Ask for a table in the porch area if you prefer a quieter room. The dinner ends up being comparatively expensive because side dishes (vegetables, potatoes, etc.) are extra. They have a very good wine selection. The location is great!Special Features:
- GreatBesitoDined on 8/12/2014Love this place. Wi recommend and definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a nice upscale tavernIenjoyeatingoutVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is a nice upscale tavern with a varied drink and dinner menu. We've dined here a couple of times and most recently shared the roasted corn on the cob appetizer which was delicious; my husband dined on the filet mignon sliders (very tender and tasty) with truffle fries and I had the chicken paillard which was served with an avocado salad...I thoroughly enjoyed it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst serviceGianni23Dined on 8/8/2014The restuarant section in which we were seated was not near capacity and the initial service was prompt. We chose a bottle of wine from a lesser known area of California and our waiter, who claimed he was a certified sommelier, approved of the choice. He poured the first glass and that was basically the last time we saw him til dropping off the check. He had his bus boys serve and we had to pour our own wine when our glasses were empty. Not once did he ask if we needed anything nor how the meal was. It is no wonder that the restaurant was not full on a Friday night. Any of the reataurants in Roslyn have much better service, allowing for a much better meal. What a shame.
- Fantastic food and service!rheasueVIPDined on 8/2/2014Tonight we had a fabulous dinner at Hendrick's. Brittany, our server, was efficient, visible and made wonderful recommendations. The food at Hendrick's is of the highest quality. Three of us ordered steaks which were cooked to perfection. My husband ordered cod and said it was delicious. Don't forget to leave room for the fantastic desserts-we had our faaavorite, the sticky bun with ice cream and our friends had a special dessert-hazelnut gelato with biscotti. Can't wait to return to this establishment!Special Features:
- Beyond expectationsGourmantVIPDined on 8/1/2014We frequent Hendricks often but on this particular evening we had the kale salad and roast chicken for 2. The best choice. Go for the truffle fries and your evening becomes a happening. Enjoy! Bravo to the host and hostesses, the waitstaff and most of so, the chef.Special Features:
- Ellen28VIPDined on 7/22/2014this is the best kept secret. the atmosphere is quiet and calm. the food is always fresh & delicious. the wait staff is helpful and accommodating.Special Features:
- great food waiters standing aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/20/2014The waiters were standing around doing a lot of talking. Not easy to get their attention. While they were standing around the bus boy was running around doing everything. This is not typical of the other restaurants in this group.
- constantly felt rushedjohnDined on 7/19/2014The food was good, the people fairly polite. But I was constantly being rushed by people leaning over me and taking things without asking me that I wasn't done with like bread, butter, glasses, utensils, while I still had food on my plate. I had to ask for things back and then have to wait to get them. I sat with an empty glass of water and my wife with an empty glass of wine until we finally flagged someone down to ask for more near the end of the meal. It was a special occasion ruined by poor service. This was our first time there and now it will be our last. First impressions are crucial and yours was very poor. Based on our experience I question how you manage to be so successful when there are so many other better places to go.
- Excellent Food, Otherwise SpottyBrianDined on 7/12/2014The food was outstanding. Everything was presented well, excellent flavor, and nice sized portions. The menu is pricey, but I thought the food was worth it and had no problem with the cost. The ambiance in the main room looked very nice. We unfortunately were seated in what appeared to be an extension though that's probably used for weddings and events, which was not nice at all. Bad carpet, floor to ceiling mirrors, and bright, flat lighting. If we go back we would DEFINITELY call and ask to be seated in the main room. Our server was really terrible too. Don't have enough characters to explain here. I think if you're charging top $ you really need to have solid, professional waiters working every table, period.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- . Birthday Lunch.Poochie1Dined on 7/12/2014My Husband and I had lunch for my Birthday. The food was excellent from appetizer to dessert. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Long Island!johndclampVIPDined on 7/9/2014Hendrick's Tavern is the best restaurant on Long Island, and there are many very good restaurants here. No weaknesses that are apparent; extraordinary management, wait-staff, food/drinks and ambience - outstanding! Thanks for your consistently excellent level of quality of foods and wines, service, friendliness, and feeling. Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Poll winnerSignNDineVIPDined on 7/5/2014We are constantly amazed by the Poll brothers abilities to design and run wonderful restaurants. The atmosphere is warm and friendly with large very comfortable banquettes and wide table spacing. The menu is interesting with many choices, all prepared well. The lamb burger, scallops and tuna were all excellent as were the salads. We will sample the desserts on our next visit. This will be our new "go to" restaurant for special occasions !Special Features:
- Not bad, a bit overpricedMIkeDVIPDined on 7/4/2014Food is good, not great, but the prices they charge seem a bit high for what you get. Whenever I go its $100-$150 per person before drinks. Service is good and has some atmosphere, but for dinner there are better choices in the area. Going for the bar is a better option. Bartenders know how to make everything and it's fairly spacious and lively.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner!rheasueVIPDined on 6/28/2014The food at Hendrick's is outstanding! Once again, we were served by our favorite waiter,Glenn. He makes you feel right at home and provides the most excellent service. Hendrick's food is of the highest quality and the menu offers wonderful selections. We look forward to dining here again for another delectable meal!Special Features:
- Bad Night at HendricksSampadDined on 6/22/2014Upon entering the main dining room, we commented on how warm it was. We were told that the air conditioning wasn't working very well. We were seated right under a music speaker. Another in my party asked if they could lower the music--the waiter looked at us in disgust. At this point, the maitre d' asked if we wanted to be seated in the "porch" area which happened to have air conditioning! Why we weren't seated there to begin with is beyond me. The chairs here are wicker and terrible for a bad back but nevertheless were more comfortable than sweltering inside in comfortable chairs. No real apology and nothing offered for our inconvenience just made the whole experience less than ideal. The food was good, but rushed as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this placeMarcVIPDined on 6/21/2014Hendricks Tavern is our favorite of all of the Poll Brothers restaurants. While we have visited all of them and do enjoy an occasional stop at Bar Frittes, Hendricks has become our most frequently visited dining spot for a great, late night drinks and dinner. There is always something happening there. Great food, interesting people watching, and exceptional service are now the norm for us when we're there. Thanks to the personable management team, we are happy to return over and over again.Special Features:
- The following 313 reviews are from the Hendrick's Tavern reviews archive.
- Anniversary DinnershuroVIPDined on 6/16/2014For our 40th anniversary, we decided to try Hendrick's. There were 7 of us for dinner. To a person, we were all completely blown away, from drinks to dessert, to service, a memorable meal. Highly recommended. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what you would expectKushDined on 6/16/2014Hendrick's Tavern, is exactly what you would expect from the area it is in. The food was good, the service was good, the prices were high for anywhere but Roslyn NY.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!rheasueVIPDined on 6/14/2014It is such a wonderful experience to dine at Hendrick's. Glenn, our server, was outstanding! He made wonderful recommendations and his service was caring and efficient! We plan to request Glenn the next time we dine here. Hendrick's is a true dining gem and we look forward to dining there again very soon. We have dined here twice previously and each time, the food has been of the highest quality.Special Features:
- Atypical ExperiencePaulTNVIPDined on 6/14/2014Usually a great experience, tonight was less than superb.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerMarcVIPDined on 6/7/2014We had a great dinner Saturday night with wonderful, personalized service and attention. The food was delicious and management made us feel truly special. Couldn't ask for a better experience with a late night crowd in a vibrant scene.Special Features: