1305 Old Northern Blvd
Roslyn, NY 11576Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hendrickstavern.com/
- Phone: (516) 621-1200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00PM -4:00pm
Dinner: Monday -Thursday: 5:00pm -11pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm -12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm -10:00pm
now open for brunch!!!
Saturday - Sunday: 11:30 AM - 4:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joseph Maulo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Hendrick’s Tavern is an expandable event space that can meet the needs of any size party up to a seated dinner for 125 guests. It consists of two bar areas, three private dining rooms, a VIP bar for cocktail parties, and a ballroom for large catering events. The bars are equipped with plenty of high top table seating for dining and are perfect for trying some of the tasty small plate offerings or any of the full menu entrees. The George Bar, so named for the historic portraits of George Washington that adorn the walls, features full screen TV’s available to the public Tuesday through Saturday.
A word from Hendrick's Tavern
The cuisine is a mix of comfort food, prime steakhouse staples, and seafood dishes with a fine flair. The juxtaposition of old design and modern food add to the ambiance that makes Hendrick’s Tavern a unique dining destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hendrick's Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)fit for foodies (53)neighborhood gem (47)vibrant bar scene (41)good for groups (41)hot spot (35)romantic (28)notable wine list (23)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (11)late-night find (10)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Carnivores Coverge!JohnnyJZoneVIPDined on 11/22/2014What an experience! Great place to meet friends and dine in style. And they had one my favorite highland scotches; Lagavulen. A Big ball of ice would be nice too. That's my only suggestion for an improvement. Great team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute reservationjIMMYDined on 11/15/2014A last minute decision to go out turn into a delightful evening. This was my wife's first visit to Hendrick's and it is now her new favorite restaurant. Our last minute reservation on Open Table was timely honored on a busy Saturaday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can't go wrong hereNatashaDined on 11/14/2014Everything great, even when tasting every meal at the game! Servers were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!AlsalDined on 11/6/2014Our expectations for Hendrik's Tavern based on the owners who have several fine restaurants in the area were let down by a series of small but inexcusable fundamental errors: - A waiter who was far too pushy in trying to get us to order after we ordered a bottle of fine wine and then was aloof and indifferent throughout the meal. - A chef whose use of garlic was entirely too liberal. It changed the whole balance of the meal. - An inability to serve a proper cup of coffee, I stopped trying after the second attempt but we were still charged for it. - "Nickle and diming" it, separtely charging $11.00 for the Jameson's and $3.00 for for an Irish coffee. Also, serving it over ice without informing us that it would be served this way.Special Features:
- Great and cozyConsistentVIPDined on 11/5/2014Food was wonderful and the atmosphere was warm and friendly. We ordered several different entrees such as steak, hen, fish and appetizers such as calamari and pear salad. Everyone enjoyed their dishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itVicksterDined on 11/2/2014Service is consistently good and attentive enough. Food is always good.Special Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/2/2014Beautiful, warm & cozy restaurant. Great for a Sunday Brunch. Some of us had breakfast items- chocolate chip pancakes & omelette's others had lunch items- burgers and chicken pillard- all were delicious. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wineHatestocookDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I have been wanting to go here for a while, but can never get a last minute reservation (and we never plan ahead). Great food, service, and wine.Special Features:
- A must try....NeverdisappointedDined on 11/1/2014We came for my birthday dinner on a recommendation. We arrived early for our reservation on purpose to check out the amazing bars - and sample some of the cocktails available. The bartenders are very skilled and make a great drink. We enjoyed the ambiance at the bar but were ready to move onto dinner. We were seated promptly - just about the same time as our reservation - although we were NOT hurried along at all. Dinner was exceptional. We ordered the cold seafood platter - and were pleasantly surprised at the amount and size included. You absolutely have to try the crispy brussel sprouts. The steak was cooked to perfection - the entire service staff was super - but kudos to Manny, who made our evening just perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KidmunkVIPDined on 10/31/2014Very attentive service and comfortable ambiance. Will definately returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LinnyDined on 10/27/2014It's a beautiful restaurant with fine food and service. A wide variety of menu items ,and a warm comfortable ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice decor.sjmstVIPDined on 10/24/2014The restaurant is beautiful and the food good. This is our third time here. The only thing that keeps us from coming more often is the fact that some of the other diners seem to have more money than manners. Nothing wrong with having a good time, but yelling, screeching and the occasional LOUD f bomb is not the group I enjoy sitting next to. Don’t know what it is about these trendy places that attract this type of 40 something “teens.” The waiter was competent but humorless and all business. Despite the above noted negatives, I would say give it try. Really is an attractive place with good food and not too expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Steak tartare had way too much mustard. Scallops were cold and overcooked. Wagyu rib steak was a strip steak not a rib steak.
- Very Good Food but Over PricedMichaelDined on 10/24/2014We had a party of 8 for dinner and first of all the Service was OUTSTANDING. We were jammed into a table for 6 so there was little room. The food was good but very over priced and it was ala carte so you had to order sides that you wanted. They suggested each side was for multible people, well they were very small. I had the Chicken Paillard topped with a salad that was delicious and that was a generous portion for $22. One guest had a Sirloin Steak @ $45 which was small and not outstanding. Appetizers were good we ordered the Margarita Pizza (just ok), Octapus (delicious), Mussels (delicious), and something else but I can't remember it. 4 people had the special Halibut (over cooked but good). Mediocre at best, Sorry not coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stable and goodDoNobuVIPDined on 10/23/2014bone in filet was excellent and Branzino very good, service ok, unnecessarily loud,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond Expectations!FinerdinerVIPDined on 10/22/2014Overall a great experience and our server Ben made our anniversary dinner feel more than just another night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Memorable Birthday Celebration!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/15/2014The place was spot on for service and ambiance!! I would definitely order the Mac & Cheese and the Mushrooms as sides as they were tasty. The sea bass I was not excited about as it came to the table cold so I politely wrapped it up, unfortunately once hot it was still a miss. We had the apple crisp and chocolate cake as dessert and this is what would make us come back to dine here..simply amazing! As a note, I would not bring children to this place unless they're well behaved and used to eating without hassle. The staff was very accommodating to our table and did everything to ensure our dining experience was amazing. Thank you very much for reviewing the special note I left on Open Table and for making our birthday celebration memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationfuntimesDined on 10/12/2014We were treated wonderfully our waiter was super attentive and courteous. It was a first time there and we will definately be back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noise levelfoodie2VIPDined on 10/11/2014It was impossible for us to hear each other talking--it ruined the mealSpecial Features:
- great place.TheseDined on 10/3/2014Great service, place and great food. A little overpriced.Special Features:
- Hendricks tavernoccdinerDined on 10/3/2014Very lovely place but staff(waiters, bread guy, water guy, etc) were extremely in a rush that evening. Very crowded! Our table for 2 was placed literally in an isle of rushing staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerlovemesomeshiDined on 9/27/2014The service, ambiance, and food were all great. I ate in the dining room and look forward to doing so again.. And also looking forward to eating in the bar or even just grabbing post dinner dessert there. Great vibe all around and just so comfortable to in. An instant fave for me.Special Features:
- OverratedMDsyossetVIPDined on 9/27/2014It started at the bar. Couldn't make a drink right. And I mean almost undrinkable Ordered the steak for 2-medium. Came out rare. The wait staff left it on the table with no serving utensil. Was I supposed to stab it with my fork like a backyard BBQ? The burnt broccoli was tasteless. Considering the price and rating very disappointing. My first instinct that night was to go to Manhattan. I should have
- cookie18Dined on 9/23/2014Excellent food, great service and wine! Our first time there and we will definitely go back again. With their 4 lovely fireplaces, we are looking forward to returning during the holidays for sure!Special Features:
- Fabulous for a Special Evening!YcookeatoutDined on 9/9/2014Food, service and overall great experience celebrating special wedding anniversaries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Poll Brothers GembirdmanDined on 9/6/2014Hendricks did it again! Excellent food, service and wine. The types of quality items on the menu is difficult to beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional and InterestingmicvicDined on 9/6/2014A substantial variety of menu choices, prepared to diner's spec. Good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014Christine was an excellent waitress. We have eaten here several times and she is much better than the previous waiters we have had. She continually checked in to make sure we had everything we needed.Special Features:
- lost its charmDoNobuVIPDined on 8/28/2014food was not as good, steak was tough, organic chicken was good, service was not great, but adequate, appetizers lost their charm sliders were very goodSpecial Features:
- A nice evening !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Can highly recommend this place, if what you are looking for is, a fine meal, in a good atmosphere, with well prepared food and great service.Special Features:
- Try the barGourmantVIPDined on 8/23/2014We usually sit in the main room but came for dinner early to have a drink at the bar. The lady bartender was so sweet and friendly, we decided to dine at the bar. It was great. We had tuna appetizer, branzino and burnt broccoli. A fun evening. Give it a try...Special Features:
- Great dining experiencekittyDined on 8/22/2014This was a very nice dining experience. We sat in the enclosed porch area. We started with zucchini and eggplant chips. There were very good with a delicious garlic sauce. My main course was the marinated skirt steak and it was the best I ever had. It was served sliced on a bed of caramelized onions with a small roasted head of garlic on the side. My husband had chicken parmesan and he loved it. We also had a side of sauteed spinach and it was excellent also. We shared a "pistachio" cake for dessert but it was really a yellow cake with raspberry filling and whipped cream topping with some pistachios sprinkled on the side of the frosting. It was good but not what I expected. We will definitely return here.Special Features:
- Hendricks TavernAlfonso2Dined on 8/21/2014This was the George Washington Manor, now that it has changed, it's kept some of the old class style and still has different rooms to sit an drink, The food was great the apps were very intriguing and different we had to stop ordering so many so we could have an entree' The skirt steak was done to perfection and the Wyago steak was awesome ! The service was great, and very attentive to diners needs.Special Features:
- Ellen28VIPDined on 8/19/2014lunch was fresh & delicious. Phil our waiter was accomodating. cant wait to come back.Special Features:
- Henrick's is consistenly goodRoslynDined on 8/17/2014We have been to Hendrick's several times and have always been satisfied with the food, service and ambience. Ask for a table in the porch area if you prefer a quieter room. The dinner ends up being comparatively expensive because side dishes (vegetables, potatoes, etc.) are extra. They have a very good wine selection. The location is great!Special Features:
- GreatBesitoDined on 8/12/2014Love this place. Wi recommend and definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a nice upscale tavernIenjoyeatingoutVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is a nice upscale tavern with a varied drink and dinner menu. We've dined here a couple of times and most recently shared the roasted corn on the cob appetizer which was delicious; my husband dined on the filet mignon sliders (very tender and tasty) with truffle fries and I had the chicken paillard which was served with an avocado salad...I thoroughly enjoyed it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst serviceGianni23VIPDined on 8/8/2014The restuarant section in which we were seated was not near capacity and the initial service was prompt. We chose a bottle of wine from a lesser known area of California and our waiter, who claimed he was a certified sommelier, approved of the choice. He poured the first glass and that was basically the last time we saw him til dropping off the check. He had his bus boys serve and we had to pour our own wine when our glasses were empty. Not once did he ask if we needed anything nor how the meal was. It is no wonder that the restaurant was not full on a Friday night. Any of the reataurants in Roslyn have much better service, allowing for a much better meal. What a shame.
- Fantastic food and service!rheasueVIPDined on 8/2/2014Tonight we had a fabulous dinner at Hendrick's. Brittany, our server, was efficient, visible and made wonderful recommendations. The food at Hendrick's is of the highest quality. Three of us ordered steaks which were cooked to perfection. My husband ordered cod and said it was delicious. Don't forget to leave room for the fantastic desserts-we had our faaavorite, the sticky bun with ice cream and our friends had a special dessert-hazelnut gelato with biscotti. Can't wait to return to this establishment!Special Features:
- Beyond expectationsGourmantVIPDined on 8/1/2014We frequent Hendricks often but on this particular evening we had the kale salad and roast chicken for 2. The best choice. Go for the truffle fries and your evening becomes a happening. Enjoy! Bravo to the host and hostesses, the waitstaff and most of so, the chef.Special Features:
- The following 324 reviews are from the Hendrick's Tavern reviews archive.