1305 Old Northern Blvd
Roslyn, NY 11576Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hendrickstavern.com/
- Phone: 5166211200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00PM -4:00pm
Dinner: Monday -Thursday: 5:00pm -11pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm -12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm -10:00pm
**Brunch menu coming soon
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Hendrick's Tavern
Hendrick's Tavern is located in Roslyn. We serve American cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hendrick's Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)fit for foodies (39)neighborhood gem (36)vibrant bar scene (36)hot spot (28)good for groups (27)romantic (26)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (13)late-night find (11)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Try the barGourmantVIPDined on 8/23/2014We usually sit in the main room but came for dinner early to have a drink at the bar. The lady bartender was so sweet and friendly, we decided to dine at the bar. It was great. We had tuna appetizer, branzino and burnt broccoli. A fun evening. Give it a try...Special Features:
- Great dining experiencekittyDined on 8/22/2014This was a very nice dining experience. We sat in the enclosed porch area. We started with zucchini and eggplant chips. There were very good with a delicious garlic sauce. My main course was the marinated skirt steak and it was the best I ever had. It was served sliced on a bed of caramelized onions with a small roasted head of garlic on the side. My husband had chicken parmesan and he loved it. We also had a side of sauteed spinach and it was excellent also. We shared a "pistachio" cake for dessert but it was really a yellow cake with raspberry filling and whipped cream topping with some pistachios sprinkled on the side of the frosting. It was good but not what I expected. We will definitely return here.Special Features:
- Hendricks TavernAlfonso2Dined on 8/21/2014This was the George Washington Manor, now that it has changed, it's kept some of the old class style and still has different rooms to sit an drink, The food was great the apps were very intriguing and different we had to stop ordering so many so we could have an entree' The skirt steak was done to perfection and the Wyago steak was awesome ! The service was great, and very attentive to diners needs.Special Features:
- Ellen28VIPDined on 8/19/2014lunch was fresh & delicious. Phil our waiter was accomodating. cant wait to come back.Special Features:
- Henrick's is consistenly goodRoslynDined on 8/17/2014We have been to Hendrick's several times and have always been satisfied with the food, service and ambience. Ask for a table in the porch area if you prefer a quieter room. The dinner ends up being comparatively expensive because side dishes (vegetables, potatoes, etc.) are extra. They have a very good wine selection. The location is great!Special Features:
- GreatBesitoDined on 8/12/2014Love this place. Wi recommend and definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a nice upscale tavernIenjoyeatingoutVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is a nice upscale tavern with a varied drink and dinner menu. We've dined here a couple of times and most recently shared the roasted corn on the cob appetizer which was delicious; my husband dined on the filet mignon sliders (very tender and tasty) with truffle fries and I had the chicken paillard which was served with an avocado salad...I thoroughly enjoyed it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst serviceGianni23Dined on 8/8/2014The restuarant section in which we were seated was not near capacity and the initial service was prompt. We chose a bottle of wine from a lesser known area of California and our waiter, who claimed he was a certified sommelier, approved of the choice. He poured the first glass and that was basically the last time we saw him til dropping off the check. He had his bus boys serve and we had to pour our own wine when our glasses were empty. Not once did he ask if we needed anything nor how the meal was. It is no wonder that the restaurant was not full on a Friday night. Any of the reataurants in Roslyn have much better service, allowing for a much better meal. What a shame.
- Fantastic food and service!rheasueVIPDined on 8/2/2014Tonight we had a fabulous dinner at Hendrick's. Brittany, our server, was efficient, visible and made wonderful recommendations. The food at Hendrick's is of the highest quality. Three of us ordered steaks which were cooked to perfection. My husband ordered cod and said it was delicious. Don't forget to leave room for the fantastic desserts-we had our faaavorite, the sticky bun with ice cream and our friends had a special dessert-hazelnut gelato with biscotti. Can't wait to return to this establishment!Special Features:
- Beyond expectationsGourmantVIPDined on 8/1/2014We frequent Hendricks often but on this particular evening we had the kale salad and roast chicken for 2. The best choice. Go for the truffle fries and your evening becomes a happening. Enjoy! Bravo to the host and hostesses, the waitstaff and most of so, the chef.Special Features:
- Ellen28VIPDined on 7/22/2014this is the best kept secret. the atmosphere is quiet and calm. the food is always fresh & delicious. the wait staff is helpful and accommodating.Special Features:
- great food waiters standing aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/20/2014The waiters were standing around doing a lot of talking. Not easy to get their attention. While they were standing around the bus boy was running around doing everything. This is not typical of the other restaurants in this group.
- constantly felt rushedjohnDined on 7/19/2014The food was good, the people fairly polite. But I was constantly being rushed by people leaning over me and taking things without asking me that I wasn't done with like bread, butter, glasses, utensils, while I still had food on my plate. I had to ask for things back and then have to wait to get them. I sat with an empty glass of water and my wife with an empty glass of wine until we finally flagged someone down to ask for more near the end of the meal. It was a special occasion ruined by poor service. This was our first time there and now it will be our last. First impressions are crucial and yours was very poor. Based on our experience I question how you manage to be so successful when there are so many other better places to go.
- Excellent Food, Otherwise SpottyBrianDined on 7/12/2014The food was outstanding. Everything was presented well, excellent flavor, and nice sized portions. The menu is pricey, but I thought the food was worth it and had no problem with the cost. The ambiance in the main room looked very nice. We unfortunately were seated in what appeared to be an extension though that's probably used for weddings and events, which was not nice at all. Bad carpet, floor to ceiling mirrors, and bright, flat lighting. If we go back we would DEFINITELY call and ask to be seated in the main room. Our server was really terrible too. Don't have enough characters to explain here. I think if you're charging top $ you really need to have solid, professional waiters working every table, period.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- major problemsdisgusteddinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014We were a party of six having a dinner together, laughing and talking. The waiter participated in the conversation at times. I had decided to pick up the bill for the table and had gone to the manager to set that up so that the bill would not come to the table. The manager took my credit card and informed the waiter to bring the bill to him when we were through. When the waiter brought the bill and receipt to the table, he muttered the term "539" under his breathe but loud enough for all of us to hear. I asked him what it meant and he walked away, spoke his another employee and they both laughed. The term is a racial slur and defamatory to Jews suggesting cheapness. We spoke with the manager who did nothing and later with the owner.
- . Birthday Lunch.Poochie1Dined on 7/12/2014My Husband and I had lunch for my Birthday. The food was excellent from appetizer to dessert. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Long Island!johndclampVIPDined on 7/9/2014Hendrick's Tavern is the best restaurant on Long Island, and there are many very good restaurants here. No weaknesses that are apparent; extraordinary management, wait-staff, food/drinks and ambience - outstanding! Thanks for your consistently excellent level of quality of foods and wines, service, friendliness, and feeling. Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Poll winnerSignNDineVIPDined on 7/5/2014We are constantly amazed by the Poll brothers abilities to design and run wonderful restaurants. The atmosphere is warm and friendly with large very comfortable banquettes and wide table spacing. The menu is interesting with many choices, all prepared well. The lamb burger, scallops and tuna were all excellent as were the salads. We will sample the desserts on our next visit. This will be our new "go to" restaurant for special occasions !Special Features:
- Not bad, a bit overpricedMIkeDVIPDined on 7/4/2014Food is good, not great, but the prices they charge seem a bit high for what you get. Whenever I go its $100-$150 per person before drinks. Service is good and has some atmosphere, but for dinner there are better choices in the area. Going for the bar is a better option. Bartenders know how to make everything and it's fairly spacious and lively.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner!rheasueVIPDined on 6/28/2014The food at Hendrick's is outstanding! Once again, we were served by our favorite waiter,Glenn. He makes you feel right at home and provides the most excellent service. Hendrick's food is of the highest quality and the menu offers wonderful selections. We look forward to dining here again for another delectable meal!Special Features:
- Bad Night at HendricksSampadDined on 6/22/2014Upon entering the main dining room, we commented on how warm it was. We were told that the air conditioning wasn't working very well. We were seated right under a music speaker. Another in my party asked if they could lower the music--the waiter looked at us in disgust. At this point, the maitre d' asked if we wanted to be seated in the "porch" area which happened to have air conditioning! Why we weren't seated there to begin with is beyond me. The chairs here are wicker and terrible for a bad back but nevertheless were more comfortable than sweltering inside in comfortable chairs. No real apology and nothing offered for our inconvenience just made the whole experience less than ideal. The food was good, but rushed as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this placeMarcVIPDined on 6/21/2014Hendricks Tavern is our favorite of all of the Poll Brothers restaurants. While we have visited all of them and do enjoy an occasional stop at Bar Frittes, Hendricks has become our most frequently visited dining spot for a great, late night drinks and dinner. There is always something happening there. Great food, interesting people watching, and exceptional service are now the norm for us when we're there. Thanks to the personable management team, we are happy to return over and over again.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnershuroVIPDined on 6/16/2014For our 40th anniversary, we decided to try Hendrick's. There were 7 of us for dinner. To a person, we were all completely blown away, from drinks to dessert, to service, a memorable meal. Highly recommended. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what you would expectKushDined on 6/16/2014Hendrick's Tavern, is exactly what you would expect from the area it is in. The food was good, the service was good, the prices were high for anywhere but Roslyn NY.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!rheasueVIPDined on 6/14/2014It is such a wonderful experience to dine at Hendrick's. Glenn, our server, was outstanding! He made wonderful recommendations and his service was caring and efficient! We plan to request Glenn the next time we dine here. Hendrick's is a true dining gem and we look forward to dining there again very soon. We have dined here twice previously and each time, the food has been of the highest quality.Special Features:
- Atypical ExperiencePaulTNVIPDined on 6/14/2014Usually a great experience, tonight was less than superb.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerMarcVIPDined on 6/7/2014We had a great dinner Saturday night with wonderful, personalized service and attention. The food was delicious and management made us feel truly special. Couldn't ask for a better experience with a late night crowd in a vibrant scene.Special Features:
- Good but not geatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014My husband and I went there for date night. this was our first time going after hearing about it from friends. Drinks were delicious and strong. We had the kobe beef hot dog and kale salad for appetizers. we had the 8oz filet, king crablegs, sauteed mushrooms, home made tator tots for dinner. Appetizers were delicious! Best part of the meal. Best part of dinner was the sauteed mushrooms. After telling 2 people we finally got the tator tots towards the end of the meal and they were eh. not quite like a tator tot. I will go back, but I will order differently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodEatoutalotVIPDined on 6/7/2014The food was the worst I have ever eaten and I eat out 5 timesaver week. The brilliant statement the manager said" do you want to take it home? I couldn't eat it there!!!
- Better than expected!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014Some people just can't be pleased which is what you should remember when reading less than stellar reviews of Hendricks. For instance, the person across from me had the waiter write a book in regard to how the food was to be prepared, the temperature of the meat, substitutions, etc. all of which the waiter was pleased to oblige by. I had just proposed to my girlfriend and this was our first visit. I was very impressed by the attire and attention of the staff, our waiter Benjamin and the ambience in general. The food was delicious and not the usual fare you see at many higher end restaurants. I did almost pass out when the waiter explained that for $32 you only get four "jumbo" shrimp in the Shrimp Tempura entree but it was delicious.Special Features:
- Second times a loserFazio55VIPDined on 5/31/2014Our second visit to hendricks will not result in a third. Our first visit was pretty good, fresh sea food and good service with a nice vibe. This time sucked. First we wete seated in a side room with whining children. The food was bad from the start. Our shellfish selections wete average at best and the crabmeat cocktail, which was great the first time, was dry and not as sucvulent. Third the Filet i ordered was fatty and tasteless. Just like our server, bland with nothing special. Very overpriced.
- Ellen28VIPDined on 5/20/2014This is the place. the food and wait staff is Always terrific.Special Features:
- Train wreck this timeMarcVIPDined on 5/17/2014We had a bad experience this time. Service is key and ours was a train wreck. Our Kobe Beef Hot Dog app was served anything but . . . luke-warm to cool. My main course was brought by a runner before I was half way through my app, and he stood over my shoulder like I was doing something wrong by eating. I sent it back. It was returned cold, and my medium well to well done surf and turf was brought back cold and blood red. The lobster tail was glazed over/dried out. Our waiter took the dish back and returned with my steak for the 3rd time finally cooked as ordered, but the tail was inedible. OMG. The waiter said they had a big party. If you can't handle a crowd you shouldn't be open to the public or . . . just get better help.Special Features:
- Really great atmosphere!J10022VIPDined on 5/10/2014Not the best steak I've ever had, but the food was decent, the service was impeccable and the facility is really beautiful! I'll be back, but for the price, I'll order something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experienceeatprayloveDined on 5/4/2014I would definitely return to this elegant restaurant. The staff is friendly and the food was top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLuvtoeatVIPDined on 5/3/2014This was our first dining experience here. We were celebrating our friend's birthday. It was a Saturday night and it was packed. Everything was excellent. Delicious food, great service. Our only complaint was that the noise level was high. Will definitely dine here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatStevenandLaurieDined on 5/2/2014One of the finest restaurants on Long Island, Hendricks is a consistently delightful experience. Great food, attentive service, excellent bar, just a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 298 reviews are from the Hendrick's Tavern reviews archive.
- Nice tryqueenlambVIPDined on 4/30/2014Food is ok cannot touch Bryant n cooper and you spend the same money valet situation is very BAD. We stood in the rain 15 minutes for car. Don't think we will go againSpecial Features:
- unorganizedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014The restaurant was great but they are so unorganized. It took us 20 minutes to check in and they say there was trouble with there computer but I have been there before and found it was the same way. I don't understand why it takes so long to check in and why even if I have reservations I'm waiting a half hour longer to get my table. The food is great but they really need to get there act togetherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!LindaBVIPDined on 4/25/2014Great selection of small plates to enjoy while having your cocktail. Fried olives are a must! Shrimp tempura extra special with spicy sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.