One Grand Cypress Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32836Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hyattgrandcypress.com/
- Phone: 4072391234x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Saturday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm; Bar/Lounge - Opens at 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kenneth Juran
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: SR 535
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Hemingway's is located within the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort. Utilize our complimentary valet parking at the front of the hotel or choose to pull around to our open parking area convienently located near Hemingway's Restaurant.
A word from Hemingway's
Treat yourself to delectable seafood in an authentic Key West setting. Honoring the Key’s most famous resident, with walls filled with sepia photos of the author and his fishing trophies, Hemingway’s proudly boasts the freshest fare from both sea and land. Soft lighting from hurricane lamps and six separate dining areas where privite parties from 6 to 50 may be accommodated with overlooking the pool and private Lake Windsong create an atmosphere to make even the most casual get together a special occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Hemingway's - Best Restaurants in Lake Buena Vista ›
Hemingway's reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)romantic (59)scenic view (56)fit for foodies (47)good for groups (28)notable wine list (17)neighborhood gem (14)great for outdoor dining (11)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Salty foodchanDined on 9/15/2014Quite disappointed in regard to the food which in general was very salty but the services were good and the waiter offered to redo the seafood which to us was salty and the chef has presented the sauce separately with the dish that the latter was less saltySpecial Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This was our first time at Hemingway's. We were pleasantly impressed with the food offerings. Everything we ordered tasted amazing and was seasoned to perfection. The Crab Cakes were the best I've ever tasted with huge chunks of lump crab cake. Our server was warm, and very helpful. My water was never less than half full.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceMommabearjjDined on 9/13/2014This magical dining evening was terrific from start to finish. Our server was friendly, professional and knowledgeable about the restaurant and magical dining. Food was very good and well presented. Lovely seating by the windows. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed every minuteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014This was my first visit - the scenery is beautiful, the restaurant has lots of natural light. Every bite of food (and I tasted off of others plates) was amazing. My first try of coconut grits and I want more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STILL A GREAT PLACE TO DINEKAYAKERDined on 9/11/2014WE HAD THE CRAB LEGS AND LOBSTR DINNERS AND BOTH MEALS WERE FANTASTIC! THIS IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST PLACE TO ORDER CRAB LEGS, THEY ARE PRECUT SO IT MAKES AN EASY MEAL TO EAT WHEN DRESSED NICELY AND NOT AT A FISH CAMP STYLE RESTAURANT............THIS HAS BECOME OUR TWO FAVORITE MENU ITEMS........IF YOU LOVE SEAFOOD, TRY THESE NEXT VISIT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great placelittleli7Dined on 9/10/2014What a find! Great food, nice atmosphere, great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the bestLindaLouDined on 9/9/2014The food and service were outstanding from beginning to end! Will highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a special dinner or just wanting the best experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 9/9/2014our server,susan, was great - crabcakes were fantasticSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014Love this restaurant and have for years. Our server has been with them since it opened 30 years ago. We were spoiled by his level of service.Special Features:
- celebration dinnergrlsgnwldDined on 9/5/2014The restaurant was very nice. The small glass room was a nice touch and came in handy because we got kind of loud. The service was a bit slow but overall we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightOrldinerDined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed one of the best meals here we have had dining out in a long time. The staff was friendly and efficient. The food was beautifully presented and delicious and the bread is to die for. The only issue we had was a large table of businessmen at the table next to us. They got a little noisy, but that is just a small asterisk on an otherwise wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb with artistic presentationsPriceless1Dined on 9/5/2014We went to Hemingway's because it participated in Magical Dining. I'm happy we decided to because we will frequent this restaurant more often! The server (Michael) was amazing! He was extremely attentive and prepared us for every part of the meal. The food was beyond delicious and is by the far the best restaurant we have tried during Magical Dining Month. The food is beyond your expectations and you are not treated as a substandard guest for eating off of the Magical Dining Menu. I was extremely pleased with their scampi,their appetizers and their desserts! We will definitely comeback and highly recommend everyone to eat at this restaurant! You're missing out on a great dining experience with will please the senses and your memory!Special Features:
- Special placeRandy8Dined on 9/4/2014Hemingway's is a great place to spend a special occasion or just a quiet evening out. The staff is very attentive, helpful and friendly. The best part is the food. Artfully plated and perfectly cooked no matter what you order. I have never had anything that I would not recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicioussbgrannyDined on 9/3/2014The food was excellent. The 2 main dishes that our party of 6 chose were the crab cakes and the shrimp scampi. Both were generous portions that tasted delicious. We also admired the beautiful presentation of all the dishes.Special Features:
- Hemingways- A best of OrlandoScottip64Dined on 9/3/2014I had not dined at Hemingways for a while and was excited to find that it is still first class. Located in Orlando's most beautiful hotel Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress this is a gem of Orlando. The menu is vast and the ambiance classic (not too casual and not too stuffy.. Just right). Have the Creme brûlée which is the best I have ever tasted. Try Hemingways and become a fan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical DiningYisthisVIPDined on 9/3/2014Still one of the best restaurants for Magical Dining month.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014Nestled among the lush landscaping is this cozy, outstanding restaurant. The crab cakes were amazing baked (not fried) with very little bread crumbs. The key lime pie and chocolate peanut butter bombe were delicious. Service was excellent. A perfect meal.Special Features:
- Great food/presentation but noisyhopalongDined on 9/2/2014not very handicap accessible as the walking distance from the hotel lobby thou pleasant is a long distance. I being handicapped had to sit down twice before arriving at the restaurant. The outstanding food and presentation made up for the high noise levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKellynBillDined on 9/2/2014Enjoyed the magical dining menu. We had the salads, crab cakes and shrimp scampi and key lime tart and peanut butter bombe! Everything was outatanding and Suzanne was top notch server. We really enjoyed her personality. We also got 2 key lime tarts to go, they were that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HemmingwayssvhendrixDined on 8/31/2014This restaurant always delivers. You feel like a frequent diner regardless of the time between visits. Main courses and desserts always remain in the Key West Carribean style And flair.great experience and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Service & AmbienceChaz1326Dined on 8/30/2014Friendly staff - beautiful location and views. Food is always excellent. Service is seamless. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magic September OrlandoThumperDined on 8/30/2014I was a little hesitant about eating in a restaurant at a hotel even though my wife had heard great things. I took my wife, daughter and friend just to experience a different restaurant. When we arrive everyone was polite and helpful. We were seated immediately and our servers greeted us too. Each one of us got something different off the magic 3 course menu. The food was outstanding and pretty to look at, plus large portions. We each tried the other's entre'e and dessert. We really enjoyed our night out, and will make Hemingway's our special night out restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchetteDined on 8/30/2014Great food. Loved the seafood chowder and crab cakesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great resturantMIboyDined on 8/30/2014Great food, neat location. Horrible traffic to get there. From Hwy 4 it is less than 2 miles, takes 20 minutes to drive that, and 20 minutes when leaving to get back the Hwy.Special Features:
- Good food, but missing somethingSimplydivineVIPDined on 8/29/2014We stayed at the Hyatt and had the magical dining dinner. I was really looking forward to the calamari. I was disappointed that it came with what tasted like Campbell's tomato soup sauce. To me, the sauce makes or breaks a bland calamari. Our fish dishes were fantastic as were the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply fantasticCdngirlsrockDined on 8/28/2014We enjoyed the 3 course August feature menu. Everything was fantastic. Outstanding flavor & presentation. The table bread equally perfect. I'd definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally made itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014I've been anticipating a visit to this restaurant for over a year. The grounds at night looked lush and beautiful, but I thought the interior decor was a little dated (80s). That wasn't a bother because I was looking forward to the food. I had the rock shrimp and corn chowder, crab cakes with coconut grits, and key lime pie. The presentation was good but the flavor and portions were better. The chowder was much more corn than shrimp but it was not lacking. The crab cakes were great, with huge lumps of crab and no fillers and went well with the coconut flavor of the grits. The filling of the pie was a quite tart and the crust quite sweet but they balanced each other well with a myriad of fresh fruit to add variety. I would visit againSpecial Features:
- Princess BirthdayPrincessDined on 8/25/2014Both my husband and I have celebrated our birthdays at Hemmingways. It is the perfect combination of great food, wonderful paradise like atmosphere and excellent service!Special Features:
- Romantic DinnerNotscottjosephDined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed ourselves and the food was very good but not memorable. There were hardly anyone there (surprising for a Friday evening) and we had a whole section of the restaurant to ourselves which detracted a bit from the ambience - but overall a really good restaurant and we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid restaurantPickyCTYankeeVIPDined on 8/16/2014Not the usual hotel restaurant. Very creative menu that features fresh seafood. My paella was outstanding without the normal overwhelming presentation in a cast iron pan. My wife was pleased with the cerviche special and the shrimp scampi. The Key West vibe also works.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BridgetGDined on 8/16/2014The appetizers were A+: Big lumps of crab in the Crab Cake appetizer. I enjoyed the Snapper Ceviche – nice heat and loved the crisp plantain chips alongside. Our entrees were disappointing. The food did not arrive hot. Inedible flower garnishes on the plate (bitter and fibrous). The tuna special was rather sinewy and the wasabi crust had no wasabi flavor at all. My husband’s Crispy Snapper did not have a crispy skin since it was covered in yellow pepper espuma (foam). The accompanying coconut yucca cake was very sweet. Our bottle of wine was staged in an ice bucket 15 feet away from the table. My husband’s glass went empty a few times before catching the server’s attention to refill.
- Back to ExcellentnormDined on 8/15/2014Last visited Hemingway's about 3 years ago and was very disappointed then but figured we'd give it another try since we were going to be there anyway. Are we glad we did! Food was excellent as was the service although a bit pricy. Well worth it though especially for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hemmingway's Hyatt Grand CypressSailsGuyVIPDined on 7/27/2014Hemmingway's in the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort is one of Orlando's Best Kept Secrets. Ask for Mike who has been a waiter there for over 20 years. He always knows what's best on the ever evolving seasonal menu. On our last visit the Alaskan King Crab legs were to die for. Both my wife and mother ordered them and I was the most fortunate beneficiary of their overzealous appetites. Huge portions and perfectly prepared split legs make eating these sweet, plump crab legs a breeze. Taking a walking tour of the art and sculptures around the Resort grounds afterward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jr1018Dined on 7/25/2014Wonderful food,great service and beautiful view....unbeatable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visitUkvisitorDined on 7/18/2014We were celebrating a special occasion and Matt our server looked after us well. Food is well presented and delicious. Portions are not too large so you can manage all 3 courses. Worth a visit as some interesting and different dishes on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummylindaochscDined on 7/13/2014the food was outstanding as was the service. the waitress was good about explaining the preparation of the dishes and her recommendations were spot on. the food was amazing for all four of us. we will definitely be back and tell others about the qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for 30 years nowNewfoodieDined on 7/12/2014Still a great atmosphere, especially the bar. Warm, tropical, right out of a Graham Greene novel. The menu has changed over the years, still seafood based. We had paella and a superb salmon. Our waiter was friendly and accommodating. The Hyatt Grand Cypress Hotel grounds are fabulous to walk through to get to the restaurant. I will return again and againSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We were introduced to Hemingway's in 2009 and have compared and tried many other restaurants since. The service, the food, even with food allergies, is so great. Everything we have tried is excellent with great presentation. The staff takes such excellent care of us and we always have an enjoyable evening and eat way too much! We brag about this place to friends and family and always take visitors there. They too leave amazed and impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a Special Night Out...JimWDined on 7/8/2014Hemingway's is one of those places that you go for a special night out. The food is exceptional, the service is outstanding, and there's a betautiful garden view from nearly every table. We really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Okay, but not greatChoppernutDined on 7/5/2014Food was average, over cooked seafood. Ambiance was right for a relaxing quiet dinner.Special Features: