One Grand Cypress Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32836Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hyattgrandcypress.com/
- Phone: 4072391234x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Saturday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm; Bar/Lounge - Opens at 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kenneth Juran
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: SR 535
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Hemingway's is located within the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort. Utilize our complimentary valet parking at the front of the hotel or choose to pull around to our open parking area convienently located near Hemingway's Restaurant.
A word from Hemingway's
Treat yourself to delectable seafood in an authentic Key West setting. Honoring the Key’s most famous resident, with walls filled with sepia photos of the author and his fishing trophies, Hemingway’s proudly boasts the freshest fare from both sea and land. Soft lighting from hurricane lamps and six separate dining areas where privite parties from 6 to 50 may be accommodated with overlooking the pool and private Lake Windsong create an atmosphere to make even the most casual get together a special occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Hemingway's - Best Restaurants in Lake Buena Vista ›
Hemingway's reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)romantic (75)fit for foodies (64)scenic view (63)good for groups (32)notable wine list (27)great for outdoor dining (15)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014A beautiful place. Service was great. We went there because wanted seafood since we are in FL. Both, me and my wife, got somewhat dry fish. Everything else was terrific.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencekfmmDined on 10/14/2014I sat in a windowed room with only one other couple. As I was on a business trip and by myself the staff seemed to enjoy trading stories and info about the region. Food was fantastic, surrounding views great and until the rest of huge tables filled toward the end of my dinner it very peaceful and calm. Got a little noisy when full but hard surfaces of room reflected some noise. I f I ever get back to Orlando I won't the opportunity of taking my wife back to enjoy! Thanks to all the staff that made for a great dining and personal experience.Special Features:
- New Menu - OutstandingGBCelebrationDined on 10/11/2014We have visited this restaurant before and truly enjoy celebrating special occasions here. you won't go wrong with any of their seafoods or steaks. Their crab cakes are truely the best I have eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a special friendValueDinerDined on 10/7/2014Presentation of the food was excellent. Overall, the food tasted great. Service was a little spotty. The wine choices were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversaryCasualDineVIPDined on 10/6/2014We had a wonderful dining experience to help celebrate our wedding anniversary. Our server was fantastic and the food was phenomenal. They truly went above and beyond to make our anniversary memorable and special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the Best !MiamiangieDined on 9/30/2014Gordon Ramsey, watch out, there are chefs at Hemmingway's performing the ultimate in creativity and deliciousness ! Thanks to MDM, we found this gem, hidden unexpectedly amongst tropical gardens in the cavernous depths of the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel ! From friendly service, awesome food presentation, taste and originality ...I can't give enough praise in this limited format ! I am so glad this gem is located close to my neighborhood ! Due to my proximity to Disney,I am frequently asked by vacationers from the world over "Where is the best place to celebrate a birthday, anniversary etc." Without hesitation, I will tell them HEMMINGWAYS ! Myself, I can't wait to return !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceDoNotCookDineOutDined on 9/29/2014From appetizer, to entree', to dessert...we enjoyed the entire dining experience. The wait staff was attentive and present at the right pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical Month of Dining Menueat10Dined on 9/28/2014Visiting Orlando and decided to try the Magical Month of Dining Menu at Hemingway's. Based on the website and menu I was expecting a more formal atmosphere but I guess in a resort town very few locations are formal. I was happy with my selection (Key Lime Caesar, "Cayo Hueso" Crab Cakes and Key Lime tart) but my husband was less impressed with his salad and entrée (Key Wester and Shrimp Scampi) though he was surprised how good the Peanut Butter Bombe was (like a big up-scale peanut butter mousse filled Reeses peanut butter cup!). The service was OK. We asked for a second bread basket and never got it but the staff was attentive and helpful otherwise. Overall it was good but I wouldn't pay full price.Special Features:
- Key West in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Great dinner. From the appetizers to dessert, everything was wonderful. My husband and I ordered different things so we could trade and expand what we got to taste. We were happy with all. The dessert was especially good and we loved the tropical view of the garden outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvfinediningDined on 9/27/2014We went to this restaurant not knowing what to expect and ended up throughly enjoying ourselves. Later in the week we went back and enjoyed it again. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WJCBD22Dined on 9/27/2014We had a lovely evening! Great food, great ambience, attentive service (Victor) and a perfect birthday celebration for my daughter. Thank you!!Special Features:
- Excellent Food!megolf13Dined on 9/27/2014The last time we were at Hemmingway's was a long time ago! Thankful for the Magical Dining Experience, otherwise it is very pricey. The cocktails were very good and the wine list was okay, a bit over priced. The food was the star of the evening. We had the Shrimp Scampi and the crab cakes. Very good portions and the food was hot. Presentation was very good. The Key Westerly salad was very refreshing. The Key Lime tart had way too much meringue for our tastes, but the Peanut Butter dessert was very light with a great flavor. We had a loud table next to us during the second half of dinner, otherwise the atmosphere was very nice.Special Features:
- Great Seafood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014This restaurant has always been on my list of places to visit. Great restaurant with great food and Service. Our table host was Jean, one of the most genuine person I have ever met and definitely provided a great service throughout the meal. The seafoof is one of a kind and kudos to the culinary team. I will definitely repeat in the future.Special Features:
- TerribleFoodlovrDined on 9/26/2014We were not invited to lounge while waiting. Given regular menu came for magical dining...frowns when requested this. Soup served warm, salad boring. Scampi good but fish average. Not offered more bread had to beg waiter for second glass of wine and again a comment "what was it oh yeah the (blank cheapest one @9.). Dessert looked good got key lime tart but it was burned. They scraped off! Meanwhile during dinner asked what dessert going to have and given check with dessert. Nothing like being rushed out the door... Water refills spilled all over us. Honestly felt ripped off for 100. Couldnt imagine paying regular (overpriced) would say stay away!
- Keywestorlando2014Dined on 9/25/2014Crabcakes were amazing but the shrimp scampi was absoulutly plated beautifully. I hated to eat it but shrimp was amazing as well. My fiance loved the dining experience.Special Features:
- buffalogalDined on 9/25/2014The food was outstanding. We participated in the special menu and the food was fabulous. The portions were large and we received an appetizer and dessert. Neither my husband or myself could eat the dessert, peanut butter bombe, so we took it to go. We ate it the next day and it was still outstanding. I had the crab cakes and they were loaded with crab, not a lot of breading. My husband had the scampi, and he said it was the best scampi he has ever had. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulShatochatoVIPDined on 9/22/2014On arrival the bartender who has been there for over 11 years made us drinks and they were mouthwatering. Such a beautiful serene place. Our food was superb!!!Special Features:
- Hemmingway's DiningjanlovesflDined on 9/19/2014Hemmingway's of Orlando, located in the Cypress Hyatt Regency, is a great dining experience. From the knowledgeable and friendly staff, to the broad choice of delicious entrees, this restaurant has it all!Special Features:
- Worth the price!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Went early on a Friday and it did not disappoint! I got the chicken, which I normally wouldn't do, but it had a chorizo sauce and I was curious. The chicken was moist with a slightly crispy skin, the sauce was okay, not as rich and plentiful as I had hoped. But, the Peanut Butter Bomb for dessert cannot be beat! If you love peanut butter like I do, make sure to try this!Special Features:
- Great Seafood.iluvseafoodDined on 9/16/2014The food and service were good. I had the shrimp scampi and my husband had the crab cakes. The shrimp was good but was served with fried green tomatoes. I am not a fan of fried green tomatoes. The crab cakes were good, but kind of bland. Over all, we had a good time, but I'm not sure if we will go back.Special Features:
- Salty foodchanDined on 9/15/2014Quite disappointed in regard to the food which in general was very salty but the services were good and the waiter offered to redo the seafood which to us was salty and the chef has presented the sauce separately with the dish that the latter was less saltySpecial Features:
- Great Place to celebratesurprisingDined on 9/15/2014We celebrated our 35th anniversary at Hemingways. It was beyond our expectations on food, service and ambiance. We will definitely return the next time we are in the Orlando area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindPaulSDined on 9/13/2014This was our first time at Hemingway's. We were pleasantly impressed with the food offerings. Everything we ordered tasted amazing and was seasoned to perfection. The Crab Cakes were the best I've ever tasted with huge chunks of lump crab cake. Our server was warm, and very helpful. My water was never less than half full.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceMommabearjjDined on 9/13/2014This magical dining evening was terrific from start to finish. Our server was friendly, professional and knowledgeable about the restaurant and magical dining. Food was very good and well presented. Lovely seating by the windows. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best crab cakes I have ever hadGordonSchumwayDined on 9/12/2014I was shocked by the crab cakes. they were so good and had hardley any filler in them. Also the Key lime pie was fantastic!Special Features:
- Enjoyed every minuteMagicalLadiesofClermontDined on 9/11/2014This was my first visit - the scenery is beautiful, the restaurant has lots of natural light. Every bite of food (and I tasted off of others plates) was amazing. My first try of coconut grits and I want more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STILL A GREAT PLACE TO DINEKAYAKERDined on 9/11/2014WE HAD THE CRAB LEGS AND LOBSTR DINNERS AND BOTH MEALS WERE FANTASTIC! THIS IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST PLACE TO ORDER CRAB LEGS, THEY ARE PRECUT SO IT MAKES AN EASY MEAL TO EAT WHEN DRESSED NICELY AND NOT AT A FISH CAMP STYLE RESTAURANT............THIS HAS BECOME OUR TWO FAVORITE MENU ITEMS........IF YOU LOVE SEAFOOD, TRY THESE NEXT VISIT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great placelittleli7Dined on 9/10/2014What a find! Great food, nice atmosphere, great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the bestLindaLouDined on 9/9/2014The food and service were outstanding from beginning to end! Will highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a special dinner or just wanting the best experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 9/9/2014our server,susan, was great - crabcakes were fantasticSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014Love this restaurant and have for years. Our server has been with them since it opened 30 years ago. We were spoiled by his level of service.Special Features:
- celebration dinnergrlsgnwldDined on 9/5/2014The restaurant was very nice. The small glass room was a nice touch and came in handy because we got kind of loud. The service was a bit slow but overall we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightOrldinerDined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed one of the best meals here we have had dining out in a long time. The staff was friendly and efficient. The food was beautifully presented and delicious and the bread is to die for. The only issue we had was a large table of businessmen at the table next to us. They got a little noisy, but that is just a small asterisk on an otherwise wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb with artistic presentationsPriceless1Dined on 9/5/2014We went to Hemingway's because it participated in Magical Dining. I'm happy we decided to because we will frequent this restaurant more often! The server (Michael) was amazing! He was extremely attentive and prepared us for every part of the meal. The food was beyond delicious and is by the far the best restaurant we have tried during Magical Dining Month. The food is beyond your expectations and you are not treated as a substandard guest for eating off of the Magical Dining Menu. I was extremely pleased with their scampi,their appetizers and their desserts! We will definitely comeback and highly recommend everyone to eat at this restaurant! You're missing out on a great dining experience with will please the senses and your memory!Special Features:
- Special placeRandy8Dined on 9/4/2014Hemingway's is a great place to spend a special occasion or just a quiet evening out. The staff is very attentive, helpful and friendly. The best part is the food. Artfully plated and perfectly cooked no matter what you order. I have never had anything that I would not recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicioussbgrannyDined on 9/3/2014The food was excellent. The 2 main dishes that our party of 6 chose were the crab cakes and the shrimp scampi. Both were generous portions that tasted delicious. We also admired the beautiful presentation of all the dishes.Special Features:
- Hemingways- A best of OrlandoScottip64Dined on 9/3/2014I had not dined at Hemingways for a while and was excited to find that it is still first class. Located in Orlando's most beautiful hotel Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress this is a gem of Orlando. The menu is vast and the ambiance classic (not too casual and not too stuffy.. Just right). Have the Creme brûlée which is the best I have ever tasted. Try Hemingways and become a fan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical DiningYisthisVIPDined on 9/3/2014Still one of the best restaurants for Magical Dining month.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014Nestled among the lush landscaping is this cozy, outstanding restaurant. The crab cakes were amazing baked (not fried) with very little bread crumbs. The key lime pie and chocolate peanut butter bombe were delicious. Service was excellent. A perfect meal.Special Features:
- Great food/presentation but noisyhopalongDined on 9/2/2014not very handicap accessible as the walking distance from the hotel lobby thou pleasant is a long distance. I being handicapped had to sit down twice before arriving at the restaurant. The outstanding food and presentation made up for the high noise levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.