One Grand Cypress Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32836Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hyattgrandcypress.com/
- Phone: 4072391234x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Saturday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm; Bar/Lounge - Opens at 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kenneth Juran
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: SR 535
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Hemingway's is located within the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort. Utilize our complimentary valet parking at the front of the hotel or choose to pull around to our open parking area convienently located near Hemingway's Restaurant.
A word from Hemingway's
Treat yourself to delectable seafood in an authentic Key West setting. Honoring the Key’s most famous resident, with walls filled with sepia photos of the author and his fishing trophies, Hemingway’s proudly boasts the freshest fare from both sea and land. Soft lighting from hurricane lamps and six separate dining areas where privite parties from 6 to 50 may be accommodated with overlooking the pool and private Lake Windsong create an atmosphere to make even the most casual get together a special occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Hemingway's - Best Restaurants in Lake Buena Vista ›
Hemingway's reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)romantic (36)scenic view (33)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (11)notable wine list (8)neighborhood gem (6)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Simply fantasticCdngirlsrockDined on 8/28/2014We enjoyed the 3 course August feature menu. Everything was fantastic. Outstanding flavor & presentation. The table bread equally perfect. I'd definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Princess BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014Both my husband and I have celebrated our birthdays at Hemmingways. It is the perfect combination of great food, wonderful paradise like atmosphere and excellent service!Special Features:
- Romantic DinnerNotscottjosephDined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed ourselves and the food was very good but not memorable. There were hardly anyone there (surprising for a Friday evening) and we had a whole section of the restaurant to ourselves which detracted a bit from the ambience - but overall a really good restaurant and we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid restaurantPickyCTYankeeVIPDined on 8/16/2014Not the usual hotel restaurant. Very creative menu that features fresh seafood. My paella was outstanding without the normal overwhelming presentation in a cast iron pan. My wife was pleased with the cerviche special and the shrimp scampi. The Key West vibe also works.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BridgetGDined on 8/16/2014The appetizers were A+: Big lumps of crab in the Crab Cake appetizer. I enjoyed the Snapper Ceviche – nice heat and loved the crisp plantain chips alongside. Our entrees were disappointing. The food did not arrive hot. Inedible flower garnishes on the plate (bitter and fibrous). The tuna special was rather sinewy and the wasabi crust had no wasabi flavor at all. My husband’s Crispy Snapper did not have a crispy skin since it was covered in yellow pepper espuma (foam). The accompanying coconut yucca cake was very sweet. Our bottle of wine was staged in an ice bucket 15 feet away from the table. My husband’s glass went empty a few times before catching the server’s attention to refill.
- Back to ExcellentnormDined on 8/15/2014Last visited Hemingway's about 3 years ago and was very disappointed then but figured we'd give it another try since we were going to be there anyway. Are we glad we did! Food was excellent as was the service although a bit pricy. Well worth it though especially for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hemmingway's Hyatt Grand CypressSailsGuyVIPDined on 7/27/2014Hemmingway's in the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort is one of Orlando's Best Kept Secrets. Ask for Mike who has been a waiter there for over 20 years. He always knows what's best on the ever evolving seasonal menu. On our last visit the Alaskan King Crab legs were to die for. Both my wife and mother ordered them and I was the most fortunate beneficiary of their overzealous appetites. Huge portions and perfectly prepared split legs make eating these sweet, plump crab legs a breeze. Taking a walking tour of the art and sculptures around the Resort grounds afterward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jr1018Dined on 7/25/2014Wonderful food,great service and beautiful view....unbeatable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visitUkvisitorDined on 7/18/2014We were celebrating a special occasion and Matt our server looked after us well. Food is well presented and delicious. Portions are not too large so you can manage all 3 courses. Worth a visit as some interesting and different dishes on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummylindaochscDined on 7/13/2014the food was outstanding as was the service. the waitress was good about explaining the preparation of the dishes and her recommendations were spot on. the food was amazing for all four of us. we will definitely be back and tell others about the qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for 30 years nowNewfoodieDined on 7/12/2014Still a great atmosphere, especially the bar. Warm, tropical, right out of a Graham Greene novel. The menu has changed over the years, still seafood based. We had paella and a superb salmon. Our waiter was friendly and accommodating. The Hyatt Grand Cypress Hotel grounds are fabulous to walk through to get to the restaurant. I will return again and againSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We were introduced to Hemingway's in 2009 and have compared and tried many other restaurants since. The service, the food, even with food allergies, is so great. Everything we have tried is excellent with great presentation. The staff takes such excellent care of us and we always have an enjoyable evening and eat way too much! We brag about this place to friends and family and always take visitors there. They too leave amazed and impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a Special Night Out...JimWDined on 7/8/2014Hemingway's is one of those places that you go for a special night out. The food is exceptional, the service is outstanding, and there's a betautiful garden view from nearly every table. We really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Okay, but not greatChoppernutDined on 7/5/2014Food was average, over cooked seafood. Ambiance was right for a relaxing quiet dinner.Special Features:
- On a whim ....FoodiesDined on 7/5/2014On a whim we chose Hemingway's while we stopped in Orlando for an overnight stay. It was fantastic! The food was excellent- the service impeccable - ambiance delightful- a bit pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!!TommyTDined on 7/4/2014My wife and I have dined at Hemingway's on several occasions. The latest was for her birthday (July 4). As usual, this was a FANTASTIC, OUTSTANDING experience. Everyone from the hostess, to Lindsay (mgr), to Suzanne (server) made us feel like we were special. The food was FANTASTIC (as usual!!). We looked forward to the key lime pie and coffee and it didn't disappoint either!! We brought friends with us this time and all they could talk about was "when is the next time we're coming to Hemingway's!" For us, it's not for "everyday," but it is certainly for special occasions. We're already looking forward to our next visit. I can't say enough good things about this restaurant and it's service and food. "OUTSTANDING" isn't good enough!! A+A+A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Absolutely fabulous food, service and ambiance. Best meal I have ever had!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014The shrimp cocktail was perfect. Cold, firm shrimp with great cocktail sauce. All presented on a bed of ice. The crab cakes were perfect - all lump crab perfectly cooked. My colleague had several vegetarian options from a second menu. She choose some sort of dish with faux noodles made of squash (I think) and spinach. She throroughly enjoyed it. Would recommend again.Special Features:
- Good FoodHappyDiner1Dined on 6/19/2014My daughter and I have been dining at Hemingway's for 25 years. We enjoy the ambience, good service, and delicious food. The menu has a nice variety; I would recommend this for only well behaved children who have been taught how to dine in a fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get out of the Parks!GAProvinceDiningDined on 6/17/2014Hemingway's is worth the trip whether you are staying at the hotel or just looking for a great change from the usual US 192 Fare. The staff is excellent and the food imaginative, well presented and fresh. The crab cakes are a mainstay but don't miss the paella or the paella croquets appetizer. All the seafood is fresh and well prepared - the scallops were excellent but the hit of this dish was the sweet potato risotto. Fabulous. Save room for dessert - nice selection all made in house and well presented. We had an amazing homemade coconut ice cream wrapped in a milk chocolate flavored with Grand MarnierSpecial Features:
- Just okayElaineVIPDined on 6/16/2014Visiting Orlando for business. A colleague recomended Hemingway's. The hostess was super friendly as was the bus staff (water fillers), our server was borderline bad. Never asked if we wanted another glass of wine, didn't seem to be that interested in us overall. Food was okay. Not bad, not good, very average. I wouldn't come back.
- FoodPARDOGDined on 6/14/2014Scallops were a little to salty. Menu needs a few more itemsSpecial Features:
- Remarkable as EverLocalResidentVIPDined on 6/12/2014Well prepared and delicious food, attentive and knowledgeable service. This is a superb dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best crab cakes!GroundsquirrelVIPDined on 6/10/2014I have been eating at Hemingway's for over a decade. I will only comment on their crab cakes, Cesare salad and key lime pie. These are the items on the menu I have consistently eaten. The crab cakes are amazing, the salad refreshing though not traditional and the key lime pie is good but has too much crust for my preference. The service is exceptional on all levels-from hostess to support wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentmarine75Dined on 6/9/2014Great staff, wonderful atmosphere, and even better food. Our waitress made sure that we were satisfied with every detail. Right down to the presentation. We will definitely come back every time we visit orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family timeJennyDined on 5/30/2014I've been several times and each time is worth coming back. Our family has had the opportunity to stay at Grand Cypress throughout the last 20 years and it has become one of our favorite resorts. Hemingway's has become a tradition as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks LindsayBeak1Dined on 5/28/2014Hemmingway's of course is a special place to dine and an experience to remember. Every once in awhile you run into that special employee, Lindsey is one of those employees. She took care if us as if we were family and made us feel special and right at home. She is to be commended and would be a great asset to any company. David our waiter was very, efficient, polite, and professional and took very good care of our dining needs. It was my birthday and both Lindsey and David made it a night I won't forget anytime soon. Thank You Lindsey and David. A Hemmingway's Fan Michael Benner Orlando, Florida P.S. And like Arnold said in the movie the Terminator "I'll be back" ...... You can count on it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishTVFishTVDined on 5/24/2014Great restaurant, great food and wonderful, friendly service. We needed to move up the reservation time at the last minute and add 2 more people and the restaurant easily accommodated our requests. We would definitely return! Thank you Hemmingway's!Special Features:
- Good food...poor serviceStephenDined on 5/17/2014The food was good, I had the lobster my wife had a fish dish. The service was very poor though. I'm not a tough customer but certainly expect to have the attention of my server, which we didn't. our drinks sat empty twice, and I had to call him over, not the way it's supposed to be. it's a tourist hotel/resort though so they don't expect to see you again. it was convenient to eat here because it was on property. However, there are a bunch of other good places with excellent service that aren't too far.Special Features:
- Old established restaurant. GoodKai7215Dined on 5/10/2014This place has some good dishes. It's located in an older hotel but they've maintained it nicely. It's a great place if you like to walk after dinner. Their biscuits could use some work. They really excel with their fish. Great service. This is an expensive restaurant, but the food is high quality so you're not up-charged for nothing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!!TommyTDined on 5/10/2014We dine at Hemingway's on special occasions. This was our anniversary, and as usual, we were not disappointed!! Everything was outstanding!! Can't wait to go back there on my wife's birthday in July!! (Make sure you get the key lime pie and coffee. THE BEST!!!)Special Features:
- DisappointingNevadaJLWDined on 5/7/2014I was attending a conference and wanted to take some clients out for a nice dinner. The views were wonderful and the service was excellent. However, the food was disappointing. The grouper was over cooked and lacked taste. Another person in my party ordered the rib eye which was extremely fatty. The bright spot was the crab legs which one member of my party ordered and was very happy with his selection. I would not put this on my list of must return restaurants.
- OUTSTANDINGKAYAKERDined on 5/6/2014VERY DELICIOUS FOOD FROM APPETIZERS , ENTREE TO DESSERTS! WE HAVE EATEN HERE MANY TIMES AND ALWAYS HAVE A GREAT MEAL......WE STILL THINK THE OLDER MENU WAS BETTER AND LOVED IT WHEN IT WAS ALSO OPEN FOR LUNCH.......PLESE RECONSIDER THIS!Special Features:
- Hemingway Meets cuisineNofoxDined on 5/5/2014Very nice ambient, upper level dining. Very nice ambient, very steady good highest quality of food and service over the years. I'm always experienced a great meal when I was in Orlando here within the last 15 years. Great job to keep the level. Great ambient, even if it's part of a hotel resort and only known to people which stayed here. You can feel the spirt of the master of old man and the sea in this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceMalenaVIPDined on 5/4/2014Excellent food, outstanding service, great wine list selection. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 593 reviews are from the Hemingway's reviews archive.
- Great findPamandjamDined on 5/1/2014Loved treating my college gal pals to dinner in their home town only to discover Hemmingway's is one of their favs!! It did not disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerHonestlyDined on 4/28/2014As the restaurant is located in a hotel it get groupes in large tables sometimes what can make the athmosphere nosy! But the food is just wonderful and the service, friendly!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Finedining4meDined on 4/27/2014We ordered stuffed lobster and it was fantastic! Very good value for the price. Staff was attentive but not hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent visit with friendsSmeeDined on 4/24/2014Food, service and ambiance are as always first class. However I have never been there when it has been so noisy, very noisy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hemingway Easter BrunchDiloscheDined on 4/20/2014The easter brunch was an excellent choice. Appetizers & salad arranged around the restaurant as a buffet style. A main entree delivered to your table by super attentive waiter. My wife had Chilean Sea Bass, I chose the beef medallions...OHHH so good. Desert was help yourself...tiramisu, decadent chocolate cake, key lime pie plus more. Mimosas & Champaign were free flowing. Coffee with the desert. A beautiful view of the resort from every table. We lingered a while after, enjoying the gardens, water features & statues. A most enjoyable adventure.Special Features: