Hemingway's Restaurant - Bay Bridge Marina
357 Pier One Rd
Stevensville, MD 21666Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Hemingway's Restaurant - Bay Bridge Marina
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hemingwaysbaybridge.com/
- Phone: 4106040999
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday 11am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Charles Coe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full catering facilities
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on the weekends during the season
Caribbean Night Every Wednesday from May - Sept featuring a special menu and live entertainment
- Special Events: Special Events: Weddings, Rehearsal Dinners, Celebrations & Holidays. Call Jennifer Brown at (410) 604-0999 for more information.
A word from Hemingway's Restaurant - Bay Bridge Marina
Located on the Chesapeake Bay at the base of the Bay Bridge, Hemingway's is the perfect place to enjoy breathtaking views, gorgeous sunsets and the freshest local seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Hemingway's Restaurant - Bay Bridge Marina - Best Restaurants in Stevensville ›
Hemingway's Restaurant - Bay Bridge Marina reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (48)great for outdoor dining (42)romantic (26)great for lunch (24)special occasion (22)good for groups (13)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (8)fit for foodies (8)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (4)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Dining with a viewCapsFanVIPDined on 8/11/2014The evening was lovely, so the terrace was a perfect spot to view the Bay and enjoy good food. Sautéed rockfish with crab imperial was very good.Special Features:
- Sunday Dinner by the Bayglassiter1120Dined on 8/10/2014My family had a birthday dinner there for my brother and we had a very nice table with a great view of the Bay and the Bay Bridge. Unfortunately our waitress was not so great. She seemed preoccupied. The restaurant wasn't even crowed so she wasn't really busy with a bunch of other tables. She seemed in a hurry for us to order and pay our bill. We did not like that. Fortunately the food made up for her less than desirable attitude. We will go back again since we do enjoy the view and the food. I just hope that the next time we get a better waitress.Special Features:
- Great view, tiny portionsNalfienDined on 8/8/2014The view is absolutely amazing. One of, if not the, best in the area. However, while the server was friendly, she was frequently unavailable, and the food was very slow coming out. The food itself, the portion sizes were laughable for the price. Even given that it was sea food, paying $23 for a half portion of unseasoned, over-cooked, grilled Mahi, and a handful of very small asparagus spears, which was considered a "double" portion, is terrible. Overall a great location, but the food isn't worth it.Special Features:
- One of my Favorites!GraceDined on 7/31/2014Hemingways is one of my favorite restaurants. Great views, nice employees, fab outdoor dining/bar and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice, but a little pricey.AsYouWishDined on 7/27/2014My wife and I took my parents there by boat, the dock help was tentative and polite. The floating dock made it easy for my parents boarding and un-boarding the boat. We sat on the upper level deck. It was hot, sunny, with a light breeze. Rain was in the forecast, buy no rain clouds in sight, the manager would not allow the shade umbrellas to be put up even though they were bolted to the ground, seemed a little over precautious. The food was good, I was taken back by the bill at the end of the meal. $168.00 + $32 tip =$200 for 4 people is a little steep for Lunch. I thought "the special" wahoo filet was pricey for a lunch and the mixed drinks were overpriced. I will be careful and ask lots of questions next time. Yes -Next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular viewBaycruiserDined on 7/26/2014One of our favorite spots. Nothing beats the view at sunset. Food is good and so is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I picked itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Made a reservation here for myself, wife, and another couple without ever having been here. Reviews had me concerned, but everything worked out perfectly. The location is beautiful. We lucked out with perfect evening weather for outdoor dining. We could watch boats on the bay, cars on the bridge, and even a few small planes landing at a little airport nearby. Far enough away from all of that so that it was not noisy. There was some decent live music on the patio below. The host staff was very accommodating, and our waitress, Lindsey, was very pleasant, professional, and on-the-ball. I had the Asian sea bass entree after the beer-braised clams appetizer. Both were good. No complaints. Decor indoors looked very nice. Would go back.Special Features:
- Amazing sunsetCOdinerDined on 7/25/2014Great character in this restaurant. The crab cakes are better broiled than fried. The rockfish imperial was amazing.Special Features:
- Great view ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014We made reservations and came by boat on a Saturday night. We sat outside on the upper deck. There was live music below still playing from HH I think and of course the great view. Our server was friendly and attentive. The appetizers were good (fried calamari and fried oysters). The entrees were all just ok. It's a fun place to go for the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hemingways great views and foodjuneauDined on 7/19/2014What a lovely outdoor deck. Views overlooking the Chesapeake Bay and expansive bridge. With the sun setting and light breezes, it added a nice touch to enjoy the freshly prepared seafood selections. Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peters visitPalomineDined on 7/13/2014While the scenic spot is hard to beat, the service was far below par. One of our party wanted a frozen margarita. He was told they were only available in the lower deck bar, 20 feet away. Come on! We had to go to the waiters station to get silverware and napkins for our appetizer. Condiments needed to be requested twice before they showed up. The food was ok, but we just had an appetizer,salads and tuna. If we go again, it will be for drinks to watch the sunset and go home for dinner.Special Features:
- Hemingway's is AWESOME!!!EnchantingDined on 7/13/2014Sat outside on the deck overlooking the bay on a beautiful evening with 6 other friends! The view, service and food could not have been more superb! The Seafood Pot Pie was to die for, my husband wanted to get another one for dessert!!!! Drinks were very good and the service was spectacular- our every need was anticipated! Love, love, love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewsHBRavlaxDined on 7/5/2014First time dining in Stevensville. Great waterfront views. Friendly staff. Food was good. Kitchen took a little longer then expected but looking out over the water made the wait worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely night at HemmingwaysfoodwithaviewDined on 7/4/2014Was a fun evening for our family..even the 1 year old had a good time..Great food and wonderful view.Special Features:
- never dissatisfied....PLUMNUTZIIDined on 6/26/2014IF "JEN" EVER IS NOT GOING TO STAY THERE, WELL, YOU MAY AS WELL CLOSE DOWN. SHE IS YOUR GOLD NUGGET! THIS IS ONLY MY HUMBLE OPINION, BUT I'VE BEEN A HEMINGWAY'S PATRON SINCE '03 AND SINCE '09 ITS BEEN A REAL TREAT TO TRAVEL FROM CAMBRIDGE AND NOW EASTON TO VISIT AND REMEMBER HOW I USE TO RUN THE BAY MORNING, NOON AND YES "MIDNITE". ITS MY WATERING HOLE AND I FEEL AT HOME HERE. COFFEE BLACK AND FREEZIN' COLD OUTSIDE, IT MAKES NO DIFF. F.Y.I. I WAS YOUR "FIRST" CUSTOMER ALONG WITH MY CUZ MIKE AT REOPENING APRIL 28, 2011 AT 1600 HOURS! FANTASTIC PLACE, LOVE IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely view of the bay..annaVIPDined on 6/24/2014This restaurant is ideal spot if you just want a relaxed evening watching the Sunset.. lovely view of the bay if you get a good spot outdoors. We had appetizers only and I highly recommend the thai chilli shrimp. The crab cake sandwich was also good. Plenty of crab meat and no fillers. We also had the crab dip fondue - agree with the previous reviewer - tasted very much like "soup". They closed the kitchen early and we could not sit out until late and have dinner!Special Features:
- ServiceOutToLunchDined on 6/21/2014The view is what you go for, the service and food are fine; when you put all 3 together, definitely worth the trip.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014very quite and enjoyable evening. Waitress Alli was excellent. Loved the views from entire restaurant.Special Features:
- You pay for the 'ambiance'CiscoDined on 6/9/2014Whether you want in-door dining with AC (abundant windows), elevated patio a’ fresco, Tiki bar atmosphere, or sitting watching the sun set from an Androck chair, this is the place. Honestly, with a location such as this, the food is secondary. Hemingway’s is one of the few remaining places that still use white table cloths – and provides glasses instead of plastic cups when dining outside!! Great place to re-kindle a relationship, or start one ;-) My Fish 'n Chips were burnt, not golden crispy, but still good enough to eat. The drinks are expensive and weak. Service was excellent; everyone had a smile on their face and doing more than expected. Prices are a bit higher, but includes the ticket of admission for beautiful sunsets!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/ViewcedesladyDined on 6/8/2014Its right on the water near the Bay Bridge, so its an amazing view and the food is very tasteful and fresh. The staff is nice and the atmosphere is beautiful. I will def recommend this to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Would love if the downstairs area still served food. It's one of our favorite places to have a drink and grab something to eat on a summer night. Now that they are not serving food downstairs we will probably wont cross the bridge to go. There were a lot of open tables upstairs but it wasn't easy to get a table, we were turned away at first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be going again.FirstTimerDined on 6/6/2014The food and the server were just outstanding. The view was great. Be careful, the online menu differs from the in-house menu - i.e. crab stuff shrimp is on the online menu and not the house menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bay Bridge BeautyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2014Hemingway's Restaurant has one of the best water view locations we've enjoyed. Along with the great view, the food, drink and service made the overall experience great. The menu has something for everyone. This location would be a good choice for lunch or dinner. We had dinner and drinks with a beautiful sunset view. The waterfront atmosphere is perfect special occasions, such as romantics dates, weddings, graduations, birthdays, and even closing that business deal. The restaurant facility is large with plenty of inside seating along with wrap deck and patio areas. but does not seem overwhelming. I highly recommend Hemmingway's Restaurant when considering a new and special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bethDined on 5/31/2014I made a reservation online, very convenient. The staff was very accommodating and our server was attentive in just the right (balanced) way. She didn't hover, yet was always there when we wanted something. The food was superb. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nurse1980Dined on 5/30/2014Menu on internet website not the same as restaurant. Menu was not very big. Lobster tail was quite petite, and that was not the way it was described on menu Only 1 choice of vegatable-theirs! Nice/OK but I would not pay those prices again for the same deal. With 6 people at the table, no one was "full" when we left. Small dessert menu. We went somewhere else for dessert Nice staff
- Never got to eat!UnhappyLocalDined on 5/25/2014I wish I could say that the service matched the amazing view. But that is impossible. I had a reservation for 8pm for 4 people. Fortunately I have a friend who's son works there because as I was getting ready to go I was told that they were closing early and my friends son was being sent home. I called to confirm and was rudely responded to by the hostes when I questioned why I had just received a confirmation for my 8pm reservation just an hour before and now was being told they were closing early and "good luck on finding another place for dinner." Fortunately Rustico was open and although short staffed the manager was more than willing to take us in last minute with a full dining room.Special Features:
- Great food and viewBaycruiserDined on 5/24/2014Food and service are great. The view across the bay is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotKineraDined on 5/21/2014Great food, view and service! Hemmingways is one of the best spots on the bay. The crab dip is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table with a viewsailordudeDined on 5/20/2014Of what's available on Kent Island I like Hemmingway's the best. The food is okay, B-, the service is good. The job they have done renovating the place is outstanding, and includes a roomy open deck overlooking the Bay when weather permits, from which diners enjoy a sensational view of the Bay Bridge. For me, being at Hemmingway's at sunset, watching the car lights come on as the sun disappears behind the bridge is worth the price of admission.Special Features:
- The following 188 reviews are from the Hemingway's Restaurant - Bay Bridge Marina reviews archive.
- Fine Dining on the waterFINERDINERDined on 5/18/2014Other than the menu, one of the main selling points for Hemingway's is THE VIEW! It is absolutely incredible and worth the drive from Northern Virginia. A friend and I were referred to this gem by other friends as THE PLACE to stop for a bite when returning home from the beach. Our first stop was two years ago and we have never regretted making the stop. We plan to try to organize a 'GIRLS' DAY OUT' this summer with Hemingway's being on the agenda.Special Features:
- View great but not serviceTishyDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day we went and sat outside upstairs for view. The service was hurt by the bars inability to make drinks and the shuckers ability to crank out oysters. It took too long. Then she got one of our entrees wrong. We ate it b/c we were starved and the prospect of getting it right seemed too risky. She took off drinks which was appreciated. The tab for 5 was $212 with drinks removed but it felt more like a $100 experience... The view was the best thing about it. Every year Hemingways disappoints in this way -I'm local so I can enjoy on the weekdays but visiting friends always want to go there. I wish I didn't have to dissuade them to another close enough place like Bridges or the Narrows... Someday, some way, please Hemingways!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab Mac and Cheese!!!KelliandJasonDined on 5/10/2014Service was outstanding and the food excellent. Great view of the bay and the bridge combined with perfect weather. Nothing more to ask for.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant, amazing viewWilliamDined on 5/3/2014We made our reservation, and were rewarded with a fantastic table, overlooking the Bay Bridge. Wonderful service, absolutely great. The food was very good, though I would have expected just a little more pizazz. However, you won't go wrong. We had Rockfish and crab cakes, with house salads. They were quite good. Good wine list, knowledgeable servers. We love the decor, and the service is excellent. Make a reservation, go, and enjoy. This is a real gem. We will try other dishes on future occasions.Special Features:
- Beautiful Venue, poor foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/3/2014One of the best views of the Chesapeake Bay, nice bar and outdoor dining. However the food has slipped a long way over the last few years. They must have lost their chef. Great place to grab a drink and a snack but if you're looking for great food, it's not here.Special Features:
- Fun DiningOyster96Dined on 5/3/2014Has a great view and outdoor dining. Food was very good, large portions. All staff was friendly and gave great service. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!ChristineDined on 4/26/2014We tried hemingways for the first time this weekend. The food was great, as was the service and the view of the bay is hard to beat. We were pleasantly surprised to find the prices reasonable and the atmosphere clean and vibrant while still casual enough for jeans. Most definitely making a return trip soon. Our only complaint was that it wasn't closer to home :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice experienceMmmmgoodDined on 4/20/2014we had a lovely Easter brunch - the food was excellent and the servers were all friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:
- The food is excellentNCFoodieDined on 4/19/2014We decided to give Hemingway's a try when we drove by it. I booked our reservation on OpenTable and an so glad we did. It was not crowded when we arrived, and we were given a table by the window with a great view of the Bay. Our waitress was very knowledgeable on the menu and made some great recommendations. The food was very good. Everything was fresh and well seasoned.Special Features:
- Beautiful view, great seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014We enjoyed the sea scallops and the seafood "pot pie". Both were fresh and well prepared. Our server was very (but not too) attentive, and we loved the ambience. The seating management was a little off, but this would not be enough to keep me away - overall it was a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got a Chance to Watch a SunsetIntelqubedVIPDined on 4/12/2014Make no mistake about it. This location and restaurant is all about the view. The location is on the water overlooking the bridge. Got a couple of appetizers that were pretty good. Descent selection of wine although nothing to brag about. Would return to this location.Special Features: