Hemingway's Cafe - Seaside Heights
Seaside Heights, NJ 08751Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hemingway's Cafe - Seaside Heights
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hemingwaysnjcom/dining/
- Phone: 7328301255
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 12:00am - 3:45pm;
Dinner: Thursday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Zagarella
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We provide live entertainment and plenty of events so you’ll always find something new here.
A word from Hemingway's Cafe - Seaside Heights
Experience Hemingway’s Café in the heart of Seaside Height’s, for Dinner, for lounging, for Sports, for dancing Hemingway’s does this and more all under one roof. For dinner Hemmingway’s combines traditional Italian including crispy Brick oven pizza, Steak, Ribs and seafood, plus a grade A Sushi bar. Hemingway’s for lounging there’s plenty of space where you can enjoy your favorite cocktail or Martini’s, for sports well, see it all in high definition, for dancing there’s simply nothing in Ocean quite like this, Hemingway’s available for private events and holidays parties. Hemingway’s Ocean Counties power scene For Dinner, Lounging, Sports, Dancing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hemingway's Cafe - Seaside Heights reviews from OpenTable diners
- Picked restaurant just becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/1/2012Picked restaurant just because it took reservations on Open Table - it was a great choice. Good variety of food, fun atmosphere. And the waiter came from the same area that we were from.Special Features:
- Generally good w/ room for improveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2012Fantastic mac & cheese. Great burger. average fries. wasn't impressed with the sushi, the salmon tasted flat.Special Features:
- A great spot for casual JerseyOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/13/2012A great spot for casual Jersey Shore dining with outstanding food! Our party of 8 tried a wide variety of things from calamari to sushi to steaks and seafood to burgers. Everything was delicious, the service was good and no sticker shock when the bill came. We will definately be back!Special Features:
- Something on the Menu For EveryoneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012The food was great with WIDE menu choices. Everything from sushi to hamburgers. Something for everyone. The Filet Mignon sandwich was out of this world !Special Features:
- We were a table of four, andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2012We were a table of four, and as portions in the USA are so large, I ordered two appetizers. Everyone else had their mains, but my second appetizer of sliders arrived about 15 minutes later. It was obvious that it had been rushed, as the meat was charred black and inedible. I returned it and finished my husband's steak, which was very good. The waitress was very professional. This was a kitchen error. This is a nice restaurant in a town with not a whole lot of choice.
- Good overall experience. WideOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/5/2012Good overall experience. Wide variety of food, from lobster tails to burgers.We will go back.Special Features:
- Great placeJimtriciaDined on 8/4/2012Great place and service was great - w ehad 10 people and all meals came out on time and perfect.Special Features:
- I have dined at Hemingway'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012I have dined at Hemingway's twice so far this summer and had a wonderful time. Sushi was great!Special Features:
- Food was ok, but service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/1/2012Food was ok, but service was awful. Waited a while for entrees to come. When they did only half the table got food. Twenty minutes later other half of table still didn't have food. Waitress told us the kitchen was still plating. Ten minutes later complained to manager and finally five minutes after that got food. So thirty five minutes separated serving of half our table.
- Great place in the middle of town.TGPazulVIPDined on 8/1/2012Took a gamble and tried this place based on OpenTable reviews. Quite surprised when we walked through the door. Very cool vibe and great place. The appetizers were great, the entries were great. Service was good, but kitchen needs to get its act together. Our party of 6 had ONE meal delivered at a time. We will definitely be back and will recommend this place. Family of 6 had fun and felt safe.Special Features:
- Unfortunately, this was justLousyVIPDined on 7/30/2012Unfortunately, this was just a bad meal, not worth the $$. The inexperience was evident everywhere, from the well-intentioned-but-incompetent service to the still-wet-behind-the-ears kitchen. Everything took forever. Also, the bartender opened our wine at the bar, rather than its being done at the table by the waitperson. Of course, it was the wrong bottle, which is why you present it first to confirm the selection. My chicken dish had potential, but was drowning in 10 times the sauce needed. In the end, I couldn't eat more than half of it. My husband's meal was not only uninspired, but poorly conceived and not properly cooked.
- Service was really bad. WebforlenzaVIPDined on 7/4/2012Service was really bad. We were a party of eight and four dinners came out and the other three had to wait about 10 minutes and the fourth had to wait about 15 minutes. When the food finally came it was good, but the erratic service ruined the mood.Special Features:
- Beatiful decor, menu could grow upbeartunesDined on 6/23/2012A large establishment. Dining room on North End has beautiful shutters and very "Southern" looking - would make a great brunch atmosphere. The Entree menu could use a few more selections, and what they have is fairly simple in nature. Almost everyone around me was getting burgers, at dinnertime, they should stop serving them at dinnertime to make the experience more classy.Special Features:
- We had dinner for 8 afterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2012We had dinner for 8 after my son's graduation from TRHS East. Our reservation was honored on time and we were immediatley seated. Service was prompt and friendly. The food was very good. My parents were in from Florida and they were impressed with the decor and the food. This is a compliment because they travel the world and fancy themselves as food critics.Well done Hemmingways.Special Features:
- Hemingways Seaside HeightsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/9/2012Hemingways Seaside Heights is a great place for dinner - especially if you enjoy Sushi.Their Sushi was excellent.The pork chops are well done, no matter how you order them, and the Filet Mignon was a big dissapointment, not very good and lacking flavor.However, we will return, order Sushi and some wine or drinks - the staff is very helpful, friendly and servicable. We enjoyed our evening at Hemingways - the atmosphere is GREAT!!! And they have a "friendly bar" if you want a beautiful place to enjoy a few drinks.Special Features:
- Great time ... our waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012Great time ... our waiter Jessie was just awesome ... was a 40th birthday party and he made it special !! ThanksSpecial Features:
- The food did not come outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012The food did not come out together. We had a party of eight and 3 meals came out, then about 5 minutes later, 4 more came out. One meal was never put in so 7 of us were done eating by the time the last meal came out. Then it took FOREVER for dessert. We had two children and their ice cream was half melted by the time they got it.Special Features:
- Thirsty in Jersey...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2012My fiance and I made a reservation for dinner at 7. We arrived 15 minutes late and the hostess was very accomodating· Our waitress was attentive until we ordered and then we didnt see her again until 25 minutes or more after our plates were cleared! The bus boy was much more helpful and ended up boxing up our food and getting our waitress for us! Although the food was good, an empty glass for 45 minutes was bad form! As was having to track down our waitress for the bill. At least the food was good!!
- Nobody HomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2012I made a reservation for Sunday brunch through the online reservation system. I arrived only to learn that there was no open dining. The staff was apologetic for the confusion, but the reservation system should be updated to decline reservations when the restaurant is not going to be open to the public.
- Love this place AND they keepEricVIPDined on 12/30/2011Love this place AND they keep the Jersey Shore Rif Raff out!Special Features:
- One of the few places in theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/17/2011One of the few places in the area where you can get a professional meal.Special Features: