32 Railroad Ave.
Glen Head, NY 11545Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://heirloomtavern.com/
- Phone: 5166866633
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kent Monkan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Heirloom Tavern
Coined as an "American Gastropub" by owner and Head Chef Kent Monkan, the Heirloom Tavern offers its customers the finest food and greatest company Long Island has to offer. Some of our main courses include Painted Hills steaks, potato-crusted Chatham cod, and fettuccine lobster carbonara. Stop in for drinks or dinner!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Heirloom Tavern - Best Restaurants in Glen Head ›
Heirloom Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (67)fit for foodies (51)special occasion (25)great for outdoor dining (23)great for lunch (20)romantic (20)notable wine list (18)hot spot (16)good for groups (15)great for brunch (14)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (10)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Always greatSignNDineVIPDined on 8/31/2014The menu is diverse with excellent choices, all prepared well. The portions are large and well presented and the prices are very reasonable for such high quality offerings. Don't miss the Beignets for dessert--excellent !!Special Features:
- Great food great servicespringcrazyDined on 8/30/2014Thanks for a wonderful evening. Shrimp lettuce wraps amazing tuna burger amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu; Delicious FoodRobinVIPDined on 8/29/2014Nothing Fancy, just fantastic food! Great menu for everyone. From appetizers to smaller plates to regular size entrées, I suggest the lobster taco to start. From there, there are so many good choices you can't go wrong!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceFinickyFoodieDined on 8/24/2014The service was great and the wait staff was friendly and attentive. The food was fabulous. Everything tasted so amazing that I kept eating well after I was full. I will definitely be eating here again many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasedDined on 8/23/20142nd time we have been there and both times everything was perfect and the food exellentSpecial Features:
- Wow what a findMag71Dined on 8/23/2014We were on Long Island and decided to try this place after reading some reviews. What a find! Cannot think of anything negative to say. Next time we're in from the city, we will run not walk to the Heirloom Tavern. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!KarenVIPDined on 8/18/2014Great food and service as always! Try the small plates with a vegetable. Perfect dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyskifishDined on 8/16/2014Great food, ambiance is always great in a charming cozy restaurant atmosphere. Service all great! The manager is very nice and always accomodating. Al fresco in the summer....but we lilke the indoors for it's coziness.Special Features:
- Excellent lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Not sure if my review would apply to dinner time. It was very quiet when we were there. I would expect that it is much more crowded for dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfulKSLJJLDined on 8/14/2014Once again the eating experience was fantastic. The menu is vast. Each choice is fresh and detailed in flavor. The menu options include small plates and smaller plates as well as pastas and chop entrees enabling one to taste a variety of fine foods at one meal. I took friends here for their first time and each commented that the food was some of the best they've ever eaten. I cannot wait to go again. The restaurant is small so reservations are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughspunkeewonDined on 8/10/2014You may not expect to find such a stellar restaurant located in a LIRR parking lot but that's exactly what heirloom tavern is....a gem in the most unlikely location. Have been trying to get in for months. Menu is varied and excellent served with a smile and a most accommodating staff. A high end restaurant worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/8/2014I'm a big fan of Brass Rail, which is under the same ownership, so I was interested in trying this sister restaurant, Unfortunately I would not recommend Heirloom. Forget the noise level, which was LOUD, The service was poor, we sat down, waited a bit to order drinks and then our drinks arrived with our appetizer, we then had to ask then to slow down serving dinner and had to flag down another waiter to order another round of drinks, when our main courses came my fish was room temperature and just and a bit rubbery, the pasta was hot and worth eating. Our waiter never came over to check. I could mention a few more issues, but lets just say proceed with caution
- Good but too noisyHateCilantroVIPDined on 8/8/2014The food is very good and the portions are substantial. I wish they could do something about the noise. At times, it was difficult to hear the person next to you.Special Features:
- Happy to returnMarcVIPDined on 8/6/2014We haven't been there for a while. Actually remember the locale under other names. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. We are really looking forward to our next visit, and will definitely refer to friends.Special Features:
- Food & service were great!DWestburyDined on 8/5/2014Went on a Tuesday night. It was quiet-made a reservation but didn't need one at 7 pm. Ordered the mussels and crab meat salad to start. Mussels were amazing....wish there were more. Portion was o.k. but not huge. The crab meat salad was very good as well. I was dissappointed that the sweet and spicy short ribs were not on the menu that day. Entree's were chicken scarpariella and rack of lamb - both cooked to order with a delicious sauce. it seemed like the same sauce was on both dishes. The waiter was very good...i asked for his recommendations and he did not steer me wrong. For dessert we ordered the white chocolate cheese cake which was exceptional! Coffee was really good too. So, we will be going back!Special Features:
- HeirloomSharDined on 7/30/2014Loved our dinner, food was fabulous and satisfied our group of 7 ladies with very different eating preferences however the noise level is so incredibly loud! We could not hear each other speak and left with our ears ringing - too bad we couldn't have been seated outdoors - but we heard the bugs were biting up people dining outside so that might not have been the answerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/30/2014Consistently good food. Nice choices between small plates and entree sized meals. Daily specials. Very small restaurant so it dies get crowded even on weeknights. When it full, the noise level is very loud. Maybe it's just bad acoustics. Great neighborhood week day place. Reservations are hard to get on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good dinnermarciagirlVIPDined on 7/26/2014food was good . service was very good very nice about adding 2 more not in advanceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caryn2LeeDined on 7/26/2014Extremely noisy. The waitress forgot our drink order. She didn't apologize although the manager did. The drinks should have been on the house. My husband's meal was very good(red snapper). My entree (scallops) were boring. Not much flavor. I would try it again and try something else. Maybe go during the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/25/2014Very, very good food, outstanding service. one of the best places to eat on the north shore of Long Island. we will be back.Special Features:
- rab4VIPDined on 7/22/2014We ate outdoors, Very nice. Food was good as always, but the service was lacking. IT took a very long time to get water and our drinks.Special Features:
- We love the tavernMARIEPINK7Dined on 7/19/2014This is our go to spot for a great meal and nice atmosphere We love going just my hisband and I for date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on north shoreKSLJJLDined on 7/10/2014This restaurant has the best food on the north shore and maybe on Long Island. Prices are lower than at many restaurants with limited menus. The side dishes are all fantastic, cooked to order and flavorful. Due to cramped space there are few tables and reservations are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PubgrubpmnyVIPDined on 7/6/2014This place does not wow me, its comfort food that is well prepared and tasty. Service is professional and courteous.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome RestaurantNancy444Dined on 6/29/2014We've been to this restaurant many times and the food is always GREAT ! The service is good and prices very reasonable ! Will be back again soon !Special Features:
- Innovative menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2014The food is interesting and delicious. The lobster tacos, the fois gras, and the oyster sliders were my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Summer!foodfanVIPDined on 6/19/2014Loved eating outside with friends! Chilled cucumber & crab soup was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and MoreDaleTyVIPDined on 6/18/2014Wide food selection - from sandwiches to salads to high-end entres. Tried sandwiches and daily specials. Everything excellent. Service is a little slow but not a big issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- velogreeneDined on 6/15/2014Second time we are here. Food very good and creative (if not cutting edge). Heirloom not busy on Father's Day but still seemed understaffed (but waitress was very pleasant just a little harried). Some technical difficulties in the kitchen limited selection.Special Features:
- Still a favorite!foodfanVIPDined on 6/15/2014If you haven't enjoyed the outdoor space yet, give it a try. A lovely oasis in which to sample some delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice experienceGingerVIPDined on 6/14/2014the food was delicious. the service was a little rushed.Special Features:
- One couple's opinionLegaleddDined on 6/12/2014Food delicious, prices reasonable and service was fine. But the restaurant is too small, the tables too close and the noise level very high. And this was mid week. Despite all the positives, not in a rush to return.
- LindaBRNDined on 6/11/2014This was our first time at Heirloom Tavern and it was exceptional!! The food was fresh and very unique. My husband had the swordfish and I had the Horseradish crusted Salmon. The kimchee zucchini and sweet potatoe sides blended so beautifully with the Salmon. We would highly recommend this restaurant. Our only disappointment was that the cappucino machine wasn't working, but the complimentary cheesecake for my husbands bday was very thoughtful and delicious and the presentation was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rab4VIPDined on 6/9/2014The food was very good, as always. The service that night was not as good as it usually is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heirloom TavernCilantroDined on 6/7/2014Excellent Lobster tacos. The outdoor seating in the back is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv4foodLuv4foodDined on 6/6/2014Love love love this place. Great menu (awesome shrimp lettuce wraps) very nice staff and never dissapointed. Just like the other place this one is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceLaneDined on 5/27/2014Enjoyed our meal. Food was prepared well....Service was good.....Special Features:
- Fabulous find!!WARRENVIPDined on 5/27/2014We absolutely LOVE this restaurant.....the food is amazing and the people who work there are friendly, professional and very engaging.Special Features:
- Food very good, noise unbearable.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2014My husband and I used to frequent this spot when it was "On3", and the food is still very, very well done. My big complaint is the noise level. The interior design of the restaurant utilizes mirrors on the walls, I suppose to give the impression the long, narrow space is bigger (there really is no disguising this fact). As a result, the hard surfaces of the mirrors create an acoustical nightmare. Couple that with no screen between the bar area and an adjacent dining area, what could be a romantic dinner results in me and my husband shouting across the table to one another, or our friends, just to be heard, only exacerbating the problem. I wish I could say this is just a weekend phenomenon, but it occurred on a weekend night as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It! Loved It! Loved It!kateVIPDined on 5/23/2014Getting a reservation is not easy, but it's certainly worth the perserverance. Plan ahead for your next great meal. Can't wait to go back. P.S. great drinks tooSpecial Features: