32 Railroad Ave.
Glen Head, NY 11545Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://heirloomtavern.com/
- Phone: 5166866633
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kent Monkan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Heirloom Tavern
Coined as an "American Gastropub" by owner and Head Chef Kent Monkan, the Heirloom Tavern offers its customers the finest food and greatest company Long Island has to offer. Some of our main courses include Painted Hills steaks, potato-crusted Chatham cod, and fettuccine lobster carbonara. Stop in for drinks or dinner!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Heirloom Tavern - Best Restaurants in Glen Head ›
Heirloom Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)fit for foodies (56)special occasion (21)romantic (17)great for outdoor dining (16)notable wine list (16)great for lunch (14)hot spot (13)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (9)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Five stars!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014We had a great experience at the Heirloom Tavern - the food was outstanding, the service was excellent, and the ambience was like something you would expect from a small bistro in Manhattan. The "Excellent" rating from the NY Times was clearly well-deserved. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious hearty servingsmeyerwooVIPDined on 10/11/2014Service, impeccable. Setting, intimate and subdued. Food, yummy. Return visit? Definitely yes.Special Features:
- great findYumSeekerDined on 10/11/2014While not situated in a glamorous area, this small restaurant was very impressive once inside. Wide range of choices on the menu, and the daily specials made it are to decide. My wife had the butternut squash soup (special) and the lobster carbonara. I had the fois gras and duck ravioli (special) and steak au poivre. All were excellent. Wish we had room for dessert. Great place for dinner before a concert/show at Tillers Center, only 10 minutes away.Special Features:
- glenHeadDined on 10/6/2014The food was very good and presentation was excellent. Service needs some fine tuning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodSignNDineVIPDined on 9/26/2014Good menu with reasonably priced starters and entrees. Desserts are excellent as well. The restaurant is noisy when busy and the chairs are hard and are in need of cushions.Special Features:
- Always deliciousBillyeatsVIPDined on 9/26/2014We've eaten here twice, and the food has been very,very good. Dinner seafood selections, including my scallops entree special and a friend's paella were super. The burgers and fries are also terrific. Definitely recommended...but make sure you have a reservation.Special Features:
- Neighborhood SurpriseJBIRISHDined on 9/21/2014Heirloom is the BEST. We are so thankful something is here to stay at this location. Love to be able to walk over, drink or dine at the bar, and always enjoy. You can"t go wrong, if you just want a snack at the bar, or a full meal... Kent and his crew are doing an amazing job here in Glen Head.Special Features:
- always a great meal!cmpascucciVIPDined on 9/18/2014I've been to heirloom tavern a handful of times, and every dish is always top-notch delicious! I try to order something new every time because the whole menu is to die for I dont want to miss out on anything. Their wide array of cuisine truly makes them different from the rest of the local scene. The only complaint I would have about this restaurant is the lighting. It's a bit too dark in some areas, but I'm only complaining because it's bad lighting for food pictures :) Overall this is a great place to grab a bite to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth a visittomayVIPDined on 9/15/2014Small out of the way eatery that is worth a visit, varied menu, solid wine list and beers, attentive wait staff- food was very good and based on this visit would go back againSpecial Features:
- Outstanding MealGeorgesDined on 9/13/2014I thoroughly enjoyed one of the best prepared and presented meals I've had out in a very long time. The chef and staff clearly know what they're doing at this little gem of a restaurant. Although don't expect a bargain or spur of the moment unreserved seating on busy nights. The bar is cozy but very tight, with a nice craft beer and wine selection. Some drink prices are stratospheric: $12 for a pint of Southern Tier "Pumking" Ale? Really? Once the sting wears off, the excellent food somehow makes it all seem worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glen Head rocks!RexyVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great local place always busy great food great drinks and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm, comfortable and friendlyUcsdmomVIPDined on 9/8/2014Love the warm atmosphere. Food is good with good variety. Somewhat heavy on the sauces therefore not as light as I'd like but good options with the small plates and extensive menu. A favorite for the combination if ambiance, service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCapsmanDined on 9/5/2014The chef certainly has talents as the food and presentation was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GLeeVIPDined on 9/2/2014Although it was a very quiet night, we always enjoy Heirloom. Food was excellent. Service attentive!
- Always greatSignNDineVIPDined on 8/31/2014The menu is diverse with excellent choices, all prepared well. The portions are large and well presented and the prices are very reasonable for such high quality offerings. Don't miss the Beignets for dessert--excellent !!Special Features:
- Great food great servicespringcrazyDined on 8/30/2014Thanks for a wonderful evening. Shrimp lettuce wraps amazing tuna burger amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu; Delicious FoodRobinVIPDined on 8/29/2014Nothing Fancy, just fantastic food! Great menu for everyone. From appetizers to smaller plates to regular size entrées, I suggest the lobster taco to start. From there, there are so many good choices you can't go wrong!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceFinickyFoodieDined on 8/24/2014The service was great and the wait staff was friendly and attentive. The food was fabulous. Everything tasted so amazing that I kept eating well after I was full. I will definitely be eating here again many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasedDined on 8/23/20142nd time we have been there and both times everything was perfect and the food exellentSpecial Features:
- Wow what a findMag71Dined on 8/23/2014We were on Long Island and decided to try this place after reading some reviews. What a find! Cannot think of anything negative to say. Next time we're in from the city, we will run not walk to the Heirloom Tavern. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!KarenVIPDined on 8/18/2014Great food and service as always! Try the small plates with a vegetable. Perfect dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyskifishDined on 8/16/2014Great food, ambiance is always great in a charming cozy restaurant atmosphere. Service all great! The manager is very nice and always accomodating. Al fresco in the summer....but we lilke the indoors for it's coziness.Special Features:
- Excellent lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Not sure if my review would apply to dinner time. It was very quiet when we were there. I would expect that it is much more crowded for dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfulKSLJJLDined on 8/14/2014Once again the eating experience was fantastic. The menu is vast. Each choice is fresh and detailed in flavor. The menu options include small plates and smaller plates as well as pastas and chop entrees enabling one to taste a variety of fine foods at one meal. I took friends here for their first time and each commented that the food was some of the best they've ever eaten. I cannot wait to go again. The restaurant is small so reservations are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughspunkeewonDined on 8/10/2014You may not expect to find such a stellar restaurant located in a LIRR parking lot but that's exactly what heirloom tavern is....a gem in the most unlikely location. Have been trying to get in for months. Menu is varied and excellent served with a smile and a most accommodating staff. A high end restaurant worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/8/2014I'm a big fan of Brass Rail, which is under the same ownership, so I was interested in trying this sister restaurant, Unfortunately I would not recommend Heirloom. Forget the noise level, which was LOUD, The service was poor, we sat down, waited a bit to order drinks and then our drinks arrived with our appetizer, we then had to ask then to slow down serving dinner and had to flag down another waiter to order another round of drinks, when our main courses came my fish was room temperature and just and a bit rubbery, the pasta was hot and worth eating. Our waiter never came over to check. I could mention a few more issues, but lets just say proceed with caution
- Good but too noisyHateCilantroVIPDined on 8/8/2014The food is very good and the portions are substantial. I wish they could do something about the noise. At times, it was difficult to hear the person next to you.Special Features:
- Happy to returnMarcVIPDined on 8/6/2014We haven't been there for a while. Actually remember the locale under other names. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. We are really looking forward to our next visit, and will definitely refer to friends.Special Features:
- Food & service were great!DWestburyDined on 8/5/2014Went on a Tuesday night. It was quiet-made a reservation but didn't need one at 7 pm. Ordered the mussels and crab meat salad to start. Mussels were amazing....wish there were more. Portion was o.k. but not huge. The crab meat salad was very good as well. I was dissappointed that the sweet and spicy short ribs were not on the menu that day. Entree's were chicken scarpariella and rack of lamb - both cooked to order with a delicious sauce. it seemed like the same sauce was on both dishes. The waiter was very good...i asked for his recommendations and he did not steer me wrong. For dessert we ordered the white chocolate cheese cake which was exceptional! Coffee was really good too. So, we will be going back!Special Features:
- HeirloomSharDined on 7/30/2014Loved our dinner, food was fabulous and satisfied our group of 7 ladies with very different eating preferences however the noise level is so incredibly loud! We could not hear each other speak and left with our ears ringing - too bad we couldn't have been seated outdoors - but we heard the bugs were biting up people dining outside so that might not have been the answerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/30/2014Consistently good food. Nice choices between small plates and entree sized meals. Daily specials. Very small restaurant so it dies get crowded even on weeknights. When it full, the noise level is very loud. Maybe it's just bad acoustics. Great neighborhood week day place. Reservations are hard to get on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good dinnermarciagirlVIPDined on 7/26/2014food was good . service was very good very nice about adding 2 more not in advanceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caryn2LeeDined on 7/26/2014Extremely noisy. The waitress forgot our drink order. She didn't apologize although the manager did. The drinks should have been on the house. My husband's meal was very good(red snapper). My entree (scallops) were boring. Not much flavor. I would try it again and try something else. Maybe go during the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/25/2014Very, very good food, outstanding service. one of the best places to eat on the north shore of Long Island. we will be back.Special Features:
- rab4VIPDined on 7/22/2014We ate outdoors, Very nice. Food was good as always, but the service was lacking. IT took a very long time to get water and our drinks.Special Features:
- We love the tavernMARIEPINK7Dined on 7/19/2014This is our go to spot for a great meal and nice atmosphere We love going just my hisband and I for date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on north shoreKSLJJLDined on 7/10/2014This restaurant has the best food on the north shore and maybe on Long Island. Prices are lower than at many restaurants with limited menus. The side dishes are all fantastic, cooked to order and flavorful. Due to cramped space there are few tables and reservations are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PubgrubpmnyVIPDined on 7/6/2014This place does not wow me, its comfort food that is well prepared and tasty. Service is professional and courteous.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome RestaurantNancy444Dined on 6/29/2014We've been to this restaurant many times and the food is always GREAT ! The service is good and prices very reasonable ! Will be back again soon !Special Features:
- The following 165 reviews are from the Heirloom Tavern reviews archive.
- Innovative menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2014The food is interesting and delicious. The lobster tacos, the fois gras, and the oyster sliders were my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.