Top of the Hill Plaza, 8705 Germantown Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19118Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.heirloomdining.com/
- Phone: 2152422700
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday: 5:00pm-11:00pm Saturday 4:00pm-11:00pm Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm-9:00pm Monday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Al Paris
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Catering and private party options are available. Please send your inquiry to info@HeirloomDining.com for more information or call 215.242.2700.
- Special Events: Catering and private party options are available. Please send your inquiry to info@HeirloomDining.com for more information or call 215.242.2700
A word from Heirloom Restaurant
Heirloom Restaurant, located at the Top of the Hill Plaza in the scenic Chestnut Hill area of Philadelphia, specializes in Fine American Cookery. Seasonal, local ingredients are used in traditional recipes and preparations and creatively presented. Heirloom is a BYOB and welcomes you to bring your favorite bottle of wine to enjoy with your meal. Reservations are highly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Heirloom Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Chestnut Hill ›
Heirloom Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (102)fit for foodies (94)special occasion (62)romantic (52)great for outdoor dining (36)great for brunch (35)good for groups (21)late-night find (10)hot spot (9)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- My favorite Philly restaurant!LenventionDined on 8/30/2014Heirloom has become my favorite Philadelphia restaurant. The food is always beyound perfection. I love that I can order anything on the menu, even stuff I would avoid anyplace else, and, upon the first taste, realise how wonderful that particular dish can actually be. Give it a try yourself... Go to Heirloom and try something you never thought you would order in a million years. I play this game with myself every time I go. It is always a wonderful and tasty surprise! BTW, the catfish and the red snapper are both amazing. EVERYTHING on the menu is amazing. GO! Tasting is believing. OK, the wait staff generally seems a just bit overwhelmed. But it is simply a matter of, perhaps, one to few waiters and one to many tables. No big deal.Special Features:
- Another great dinner at HeirloomSharonDined on 8/27/2014We have been at Heirloom many times since it opened about 2 years ago. We brought two friends who had not been to Heirloom before, and they loved it too. Quality of food is consistently excellent, and I especially love the seasonal menus, so selections are always changing. The staff is always attentive and friendly. This a BYOB, but don't worry if you forget to bring wine. There is a newly-renovated Wine and Spirits Shop right next door. Plenty of parking in a lot behind the restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014The cauliflower steak dinner was all veg and to die for. Beautiful from plating to eating. We had been to Heirloom before and didn't like the overly solicitousness of the waitperson's script ("Welcome to Heirloom! Have you dined with us before?" etc etc) but this time the service was just to the point. All good!Special Features:
- I would highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014Food was great. Conversation with sous chef was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Birthday Favorite!1NewZagatsGuideVIPDined on 8/23/2014They are the best restaurant for a special dinner, birthday dinner, intimate gourmet, fine quality and the menu changes seasonally! I love the hostesses and the servers and chef does an amazing job!! NY quality without the drive up there! Thank YOU, Heirloom, for making my birthday so SPECIAL !!!! :-) Blessings to you all from yesterday, with love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DivineDisappointedVIPDined on 8/23/2014This place has to be tied for first place in the BYO category; Will being the other. My wife had the cauliflower steak and I had the catfish with lump lobster gravy. We're still talking about it two days later. Topping it all off was two of the coolest and efficient guys servicing our table; a welcomed break from the intrusive variety we too often experience in other spots. We go at least once each season to enjoy the new menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014From server to food to atmosphere, everything top notch - we'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as Good as usualRichVIPDined on 8/17/2014I have been enjoying Heirloom's Brunch but this visit the service was slow and the chicken on the chicken and waffles was overcooked. Not sure if the restaurant was overwhelmed by a large birthday party down the middle but I was sharing the restaurant with a new guest and they were not as impressed as I have been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencycrobVIPDined on 8/16/2014Once again, the food was out of this world: fresh, perfectly prepared and delicious! We try to eat here at least once every season and we have never been disappointed!Special Features:
- Excellent food, stellar serviceMandorsonDined on 8/15/2014We had a great all-around dinner experience at a very reasonable price. The foie gras appetizer was scrumptious, and the moon fish entree delectable and filling. The two desserts we tried - lemon panna cotta and flour-less chocolate cake, were terrific. The waiter was friendly and helpful, and both the manager and chef stopped by for a chat. Couldn't have asked for more.Special Features:
- Favorite Fancy + AffordableNewZagats2VIPDined on 8/12/2014Loved Everything! The Crab Shrimp Chop Salad, The Lobster Appetizer, the Snapper! The servicer, Michael! Ivette, our Hostess, and Chef Allen! The food was SO PERFECT! Knocked my friend's socks off!!! They were SO IMPRESSED! They said they felt like they were Royalty! The salad, he described as the best crab cake he has ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks like an HeirloomCloneDined on 8/12/2014I've been wanting to try this Chestnut Hill BYOB for a while. The menu is straightforward and a bit pricy. We found the appetizers and salads to be fresh, colorful and delicious. Entrees were less compelling both in description and in delivery. Service was just ok and a little clunky. Its a noisy place but conversation is possible.Special Features:
- SunnygirlDined on 8/10/2014A surprise glorious interior with unusual wood tables outside if you care to be among the trees and lights. Food is unusual, not run of the mill. Nice for a surprise for a foodie. Noted for it's farm to table commitment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- belleVIPDined on 8/10/2014Sitting outside was nice but resulted in mediocre service. Our waitperson seemed eager to please but was never around when needed. She could not describe the dishes, and the menu did not describe the dish I got accurately. I got the Braised heirloom pork with any style eggs/butter pastry/potato blanket/apricot fond. I was expecting something like a pot or shepherd's pie. I specifically asked the waitperson about the structure, and she just got flustered. The components were just separate on the plate. In addition, my scrambled eggs were dry, crumbly, and unseasoned (ie, tasteless). I had to go inside and request salt. The potato blanket was just home fries. My husband's sausage was coarse and also tasteless.
- Going Down Hill Very FastOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Someone needs to tell Al Paris what is going on at this place. Small portions, inconsistent portions and uneducated staff are ruining this place. AND, after we were comped our desserts, the server added 18% service charge to our check and he never told us. The menu says 6 or more, and he should tell us he added it. We alomst double tipped. This was their strike. I am out!
- Wonderful mealSundayDined on 8/9/2014The food was amazing. Everything was fresh and delicious. The atmosphere was comfortable and friendly. I am planning on going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointing mealAndyeDined on 8/2/2014A disappointing recent meal at Heirloom. We had problems with the food. The apps were good, but my husband's red snapper was raw; mine, while cooked adequately, was WAY overly salted. Inexcusable. The staff couldn't have been nicer, however, offering my husband another entree option and, when he deferred, did not charge him for his meal. The manager gave us a coupon to come back for free desserts on them. Also, despite carpets on the floor, noise deadening panels on the ceiling, fabric covered banquettes, the noise level was horrible. There were no tables available outside. One suggestion: change the windows so that they can be opened to reduce noise level. I would give them another chance, however as they were so accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will returnK2escottVIPDined on 8/1/2014Party of 4 - split the apps b/c they were too good to not order…catfish was great…as were scallops although entree portion was too small…rolls and cornbread are amazing! Love BYOB and the chef always makes an appearance which makes such an impact…this was my 2nd time here and I'll definitely return. I love the decor as well. I don't prefer outside seating as it's in a hallway but it was certainly crowded enough so apparently people like it.Special Features:
- Always greatYummyTummyDined on 7/27/2014Came on a quiet Sunday evening. Wonderful food and service. Never disappointed.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchdickDined on 7/27/2014It was our time to select a restaurant for Sunday brunch. My wife received an email from Open Table with a review of the Heirloom Restaurant. We decided to try it, and it is a BYOB. I had the crab cake eggs benedict. Normally, the restaurants use an English muffin as a base for the eggs and many muffins are "tough." I was pleasantly surprised that the Heirloom used their own in house baked bisque. It was delicious, soft and held the eggs without becoming soggy. I mentioned to the waiter that their eggs benedict was the best I had. The other couple with us thoroughly enjoyed their selections and said since it was their turn to select the next restaurant for brunch, they decided we would return to the Heirloom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The large center table is a problemFoodLuvrsDined on 7/25/2014Unfortunately, the good food was completely offset by the noise level and behavior of the large group at the center table that dominates the restaurant. A Birthday dinner with several uncontrolled children ruined the evening. The kids were loud, knocked water glasses over, and threw napkins at one another without a single word coming from any of the adults at the other end of the table. Our waiter apologized, but it didn't stop the evening from being ruined. Your dining experience is totally at the mercy of the behavior at the large table.
- Great spot for a special occasioncleanplateclubDined on 7/24/2014We all enjoyed our first trip to Heirloom. Our teenagers were skeptical, but surprised and delighted by such unusual fare as Smoked Salmon Pastrami and Sugar and Spice Roast Duck. The breads were delicious and the service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome find!!PoPosyummiesDined on 7/20/2014I "happened" upon Heirloom on line and made a reservation for brunch last Sunday. This is my new favorite!! It is quiet and quaint and tucked away in Chestnut Hill. The food was AWESOME, the staff was on point and the total vibe was cozy and relaxed. It's the type of place that I could spend the entire day in (if they let me) lol. It FEELS like a very expensive location, but prices are quite good for the quantity and quality of the food and atmosphere. If you're looking for a new spot, give them a try. I'm confident that you won't be disappointed. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful restaurantahphilaVIPDined on 7/19/2014We had a lovely evening at Heirloom. The cauliflower steak was wonderful. The chopped salad was overpowered by flavor of the bacon, so my husband thought it was delicious, but I would have liked to taste more of the seafood and greens. Our friends raved about the crabcake and watermelon gazpacho. Dessert was divine. Our server was kind and attentive. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winner in Chestnut HillCondor1Dined on 7/18/2014Wonderful BYOB in Chestnut Hill that stays true to its farm to table label and serves a limited menu of well prepared and high quality ingredients at a very fair price. Everyone seems anxious to please, from the hostess at the front, to the servers and the chef who visited to chat after we were finished dinner. Definitely a place to come back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting better!WAK000VIPDined on 7/18/2014The first time we went to Heirloom shortly after it opened, my dinner was good but not up to the hype. Each of the several times we have been back, the meals kept getting better. Most recently the rolls were varied and outstanding; watermelon and cucumber gazpacho was equally as luscious, but I would have liked more than just the broth. Grilled snapper with dirty lobster and rice was excellent. I asked for the beurre blanc sauce on the side, but I did not need it because the dish had so much flavor. Chicken, crab cakes, and shrimp salad were very good. Shared sherbet medley was also quite good yet not enough to make us moan. The nicest touch of all was that head chef Germaine came during dinner to make sure everything was to our liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomWittDined on 7/17/2014Very warm and welcoming staff, extraordinary food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014regular entrees very good-vegetarian a little disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeRichVIPDined on 7/13/2014Trying different items for brunch each time I visit so far I have been delighted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food!LenventionDined on 7/10/2014Three of us had an early dinner. We ordered five different items, the crab cake (shared), and the Salmon Pastrami as appetizers. For the main course it was the Catfish, the Snapper, and the Pork Loin. Every dish was absolute perfection. I can't say enough about the quality of the food and the presentation. On top of that, unlike many "gourmet" experiences, the portions were beyond generous. The finest dining I have had the pleasure to enjoy in a very long time.Special Features:
- Delicious Food & Great Servicejamesr73VIPDined on 7/8/2014We found this place via OpenTable and saw that reviews were positive across the board, so we decided to take my mother-in-law here for dinner. Heirloom is a hidden gem at the top of Chestnut Hill, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great meal. BYOB (with convenient access to a Wine & Spirts) with a phenomenal menu to choose from (we had last day of the Spring menu). Our server was outstanding, and was able to make recommendations on dinner and dessert that did not disappoint. We fully recommend Heirloom for any special occasion or night out, and will definitely be returning here again soon.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchShipshapeVIPDined on 7/6/2014Although I had a confirmed (via Open Table) reservation, they didn't have a table set up for my group, but the food was exceptionally good. Shrimp and Grits really wonderful.Special Features:
- Dinner for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/5/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Heirloom and would recommend it to friends. We appreciated the vegetarian options, good food, and nice service. The restaurant was quiet, but we dined at 5pm on a holiday weekend. The parking lot behind the restaurant was convenient.
- Sunday nightPfcrockVIPDined on 6/29/2014Food and service was excellent. We hope to be back soon.Special Features:
- FoodiesVIPDined on 6/29/2014Great and creative menu. Always consistent. Fantastic service. We love to come as often as possibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Brunch, hands-downOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Reservations recommended… the service always makes me feel like I am in high-end restaurant. Our 1 year old was asleep when we arrived, and the hostess kindly arranged some extra chairs to make a little 'bed' for her to rest on until she woke up. And that's only the beginning.. we had 5 in our party, everyone ordered something different and shared. Highly recommend the crab benedict which is beyond delicious, love their take on shrimp and grits with a kind of herbed tomato sauce woven in, and the banana/walnut waffle with bourbon syrup was SO yummy. Kind of small almond ricotta crepe.. but stellar food, coffee, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- SAPRANODined on 6/28/2014i am regular fan because of location, varteity of menu and local people to supportSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch restaurant!FoodieVIPDined on 6/26/2014I have been to Heirloom four times now and every meal has been delicious. It has great atmosphere and the help is friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was hoping for betterDIneoutoftenVIPDined on 6/24/2014After the reviews I read, I expected a much different dining experience. The restaurant was filled; service was very slow. The food was good, but nothing so special that I would be upset if I couldn't get a reservation. Since the mantra seems to be "fresh food from local sources" the menu is extremely limited. This would not be a place to take someone who is a picky eater and needs many choices from which to chose.
- Good Sunday BYO Brunchgfg12VIPDined on 6/22/2014Like their selections, preparation and service. Relaxed atmosphere on a Sunday. Enjoyable place for cool brunch with friends or family. Take a sparkling wine to toast a special occasion before brunch, followed by the wine of your choice for imbibing with the meal itself. Stagger home happy. Escargots highly recommended.Special Features: