Top of the Hill Plaza, 8705 Germantown Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19118Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.heirloomdining.com/
- Phone: (215) 242-2700
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday: 5:00pm-11:00pm Saturday 4:00pm-11:00pm Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm-9:00pm Monday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Al Paris
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Catering and private party options are available. Please send your inquiry to info@HeirloomDining.com for more information or call 215.242.2700.
- Special Events: Catering and private party options are available. Please send your inquiry to info@HeirloomDining.com for more information or call 215.242.2700
A word from Heirloom Restaurant
Heirloom Restaurant, located at the Top of the Hill Plaza in the scenic Chestnut Hill area of Philadelphia, specializes in Fine American Cookery. Seasonal, local ingredients are used in traditional recipes and preparations and creatively presented. Heirloom is a BYOB and welcomes you to bring your favorite bottle of wine to enjoy with your meal. Reservations are highly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Heirloom Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Chestnut Hill ›
Heirloom Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (90)neighborhood gem (86)special occasion (60)romantic (37)good for groups (37)great for outdoor dining (26)great for brunch (26)hot spot (12)great for lunch (9)late-night find (8)scenic view (4)Show More
- Special spotphillygourmetDined on 11/25/2014Heirloom has become our place for our Anniversary and other special occasions. Unique & delicious menu items, excellent service and a quiet ambience. PERFECT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heirloom - Great price, good food, nice atmosphereKwizard78Dined on 11/22/2014My husband and I had dinner at Heirloom. We enjoyed the seasonal menu. The food and service were great, especially for the price. The restaurant had top notch service and cuisine at a price point that was much lower then I would have expected. It's also a BYOB and right next to a liquor store - so very convenient. We will go back here when they switch to their winter menu. My only comment would be it would be nice if they could attract a "younger" crowd (say folks in their 30's/40's). The ambiance was certainly young and vibrant, but the clientele was mostly 60+ when we were there for a 7pm reservation on a Saturday night. Though in Chestnut Hill, that's often the case at many of the nicer restaurants.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingShowtimeDined on 11/15/2014My wife had the veal special and it was outstanding. I had the sirloin and it was to die for The waitress Mazzie was outstanding If you are looking for a great meal I would definitely try this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceCalvinballDined on 11/15/2014My wife and I went here for a night out. The food was excellent, as was the service. There was an issue with one of our entrees, and it took perhaps 10 minutes longer to come out than the service staff would've liked. We politely declined the proffered salads or appetizers on the house, partially because we didn't want a full 3 courses, but also because we just didn't feel that it was necessary. Well, they wouldn't let us get away with that and later gave us our desserts free of charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our group loved HeirloomOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014Everyone had a great time and we would definitely recommend Heirloom for creative entrees and helpful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent American CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Heirloom's seasonal menus offer creative takes on uniquely American foods, from phenomenal duck dishes to American redfish, from rabbit to pumpkin to candied bacon to traditional roast chicken. It all works beautifully.Special Features:
- Great fall menuTravelingFoodieDined on 11/9/2014Heirloom continues to be a great celebratory spot. Each season brings a new menu with innovative local dishes. The crab chop salad continues to be a great staple starter. Seafood fall options are surprisingly robust and the sauces are incredible. I had the venison special which hopefully is here to stay. Heirloom is a great add to Chestnut HillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional food, excellent serviceGloriaVIPDined on 11/8/2014An amazing addition to the restaurant scene in Chestnut Hill. No true foodie should miss out on this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!ShellBellDined on 11/7/2014I LOVED everything about Heirloom. The menu is innovative and fun. It's a seasonal farm-to-table restaurant and the flavors and pairings they highlight with each dish are out of this world. It was warm and cozy, yet tight with tables. I would think it's better to dine as a group of 3 or more because those tables tend to have a little more space. If not, there are one or two two-person tables that are more private than the others and I strongly suggest requesting one of those when making a reservation. The service was fantastic, the ambiance was perfect. I cannot wait to return. My husband and I were celebrating our pregnancy and I couldn't have chosen a better place to do that. I extend my highest complements to the chef.Special Features:
- What's not to like?labanwannabeeVIPDined on 11/7/2014We enjoyed every morsel. Ordered 5 appetizers for 4 people(too hard to decide), the entrees were phenomenol, not our first dinner here and certainly won't be our last.Special Features:
- SallyDined on 10/31/2014I've eaten here three times. Each time the food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Nice placeStrawberryDined on 10/29/2014Lovely decorations. A little pricey, good food, good codices for a lovely birthday celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but expensiveJudyVIPDined on 10/25/2014I think of a BYOB more reasonably priced. Of course you're not buying alcohol. And 2 of us ate a salad and an appetizer. That being said the food was very good. I had the chopped crab salad and the scallops appetizer. Both were delicious. There were 2 scallops in the order. This would be ok but again pricey. The other dinners ordered were the duck and the lamb shank and the oyster app. All was good. When the waitress asked if we would like dessert, she told us what they have but didn't mention prices. we opted for 2 pieces of pecan pie with vanilla ice cream. We didn't know they were $9 each. Probably would have shared 1 piece which would have been enough. All in all I would recommend it; the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentSams1stUncleVIPDined on 10/25/2014This was our second visit and we have found the food, its inventive preparation and the service to be excellent on both times. As a BYOB it offers a exceptional reasonably priced dining opportunity.Special Features:
- October 24 VisitVisitorFromMKEDined on 10/24/2014We have been to Heirloom more than half a dozen times, and the food and atmosphere are always delightful. I am a vegetarian and there is always one entree selection I can eat, and it is NEVER a throw away as it is at many places. There was one glitch this time, as our entrees were very very slow to arrive and we had to prompt the servers as to the issue. We were comped dessert for our trouble. The menu changes quarterly, and we are eagerly awaiting the next incarnation.Special Features:
- Excellent, always!!NewZagats2VIPDined on 10/23/2014Love the people here and the chef and his style!! They have new things and they are always GREAT!!!…Usually the service is PERFECTION… but there was someone new and she didn't know to treat us like royalty, like everyone ELSE who works there… they usually make you feel SO welcome, so amazing, that you can't wait to come back. She was new… she paid more attention to the back kitchen instead of tending to our needs and we were the last ones in there!!! … Our favorite waitress spotted us and took care of our needs and reminded us why we LOVE her!! We'll still be back, but we HOPE we get everyone else, but that new girl who wasn't too attentive… Amazing Service with Amazing FOOD, is why we return often!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2014the service was terrific. the food was delicious. the menu was interesting/eclectic. although I wasn't crazy about the 3 appetizer choices. The restaurant came highly recommended, and did not disappoint. I will go back again.Special Features:
- Great placeTrudbunnDined on 10/19/2014We have been to Heirloom several times and have really enjoyed the and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbDined on 10/16/2014The food was great but the staff was even better!..Had trouble getting the time we wanted of opentable but when I talked to the the Resturant directly they were able to help us....Special Features:
- promisingTaniaDined on 10/15/2014this little spot with a local in season menu has such great promise. unfortunately my friend found his chicken tough and my beet salad was a good effort. They are worth supporting
- Terrific RestuarantMarcHVIPDined on 10/15/2014Went there for my wife's birthday and had a splendid evening.Service was outstanding,and enthusiastic. The Menu is most interesting and certainly for "foodies". It is expensive but certainly worth every penny.As it is a BYOB the expense is held in check. We will return.Special Features:
- consistently greatifischerDined on 10/14/2014An outstanding restaurant using local produce and serving the food with care and attention. I not only take my wife and family to this restaurant but also bring out of town guests that come to our university to give talks. The consistent quality of the food and service are rare in the restaurant business and the intimate feeling is reinforced by a manager who goes around to make sure all is well and engage in foodies talk. They even remember my favorite table. To top it all it is a BYBO with a wine store next door.Special Features:
- Don't make a reservation after 7:30OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Very disappointing that after we got set on our entrees that we learned that kitchen "ran out" of the food we ordered. If you can't keep all of the entrees on the menu stocked, then you shouldn't take late reservations. What we did order was "ok" - overall, pretty bland.Special Features:
- trying too hardcallmasicmVIPDined on 10/11/2014attractive place for a storefront restaurant and our waiter was quite good. now for the not so good- a lone quail egg on the salad plate that looked lost, flavorless beets and arugula. if you're trying to exude gourmet get rid of the sirloin; not a good cut of meat and not worth the price of admission. redfish could have been good but way too much breading. scallops were near perfect but , unfortunately, man does not live by scallops alone!
- Fresh and elegant preparationseduardo7VIPDined on 10/11/2014... with two really big pluses: it's BYOB... and there's a pretty good wine shop right next door. Noise level rose as the room filled during an early dinner... but it allowed conversation.Special Features:
- A Little strange but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I went to dinner with my husband. When we were seated they wanted us to sit next to each other in a booth and the whole restaurant was open. They did not want to move a chair over. They also wanted to seat us right on top of the only couple that was there?! We refused and they sat us across from each other. My husband's sirloin was overcooked. My redfish was very good and I am gluten free and they were very accommodating. My chopped salad was amazing and the deserts were delicious. We don't think we would go again due to the service.
- Always Outstanding!NewZagats2VIPDined on 10/10/2014Chef must be in the LOVE! The new MENU for Fall is just fabulous!! The Redfish! To die for ! Mushroom Gnocchi!!! Phenomenal! and the GIANT Scallops!! Knocked my friends socks off!! Choose Heirloom! We LOVE IT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crobVIPDined on 10/10/2014We brought out of town guests and they were wowed! They loved the space and raved about the food!Special Features:
- lovely birthday dinnerahphilaVIPDined on 10/9/2014My daughter and I came here for her 22nd birthday. She loved everything about the place - the decor, the menu, the food. The shrimp chopped salad was amazing! The Fairytale Pumpkin Risotto should be on a magazine cover - it's as pretty as it is delicious. Per my request when I made the reservation, they delivered her dessert with a candle in it, and then comped us the dessert since it was her birthday. I love this restaurant.Special Features:
- AnneVIPDined on 10/8/2014I love this place. Awesome, Quiet and overall great quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing--again.frenchVIPDined on 10/7/2014This was our third and last try for this neighborhood restaurant. We don't see what all the fuss is about--why are the ratings relatively high?? (The place was virtually empty when we were there.) The food was okay but not consistent, good enough but not overall and not great . . . most certainly not for the prices.
- Luv2dineVIPDined on 10/5/2014We truly enjoyed our dining experience! Delicious food, beautiful presentation of food, attentive service and lovely room. The chopped salad with crabmeat was incredible. The lamb shank and duck entrees were cooked to perfection . And save room for dessert because the donut stuffed with apples was an OMG experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- strange1currentDined on 10/5/2014Didn't appreciate the 18% gratuity added on. I was going to tip 20%, incidentally. Felt the waitstaff was being preemptive because our meal was over two hours late.Special Features:
- WillyDined on 10/5/2014I have been to Heirloom before this visit and was a bit disappointed in my meal this time. The entree was not hot and the appetizer lacked flavor. Our server was outstanding and explained all the meals carefully. It could be that the Fall Festival caused a bit of a downturn in our meals. We will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood dinersmotherdaughterDined on 10/3/2014Everything I ordered was excellent! My husband had the rabbit, which he thought was a bit too salty, and not as tasty as my duck breast. For dessert, we ordered the doughnut, which was a delicious fall creation. I had eaten here once before a couple of years ago with my bookgroup during restaurant week, but the experience had not been as good. Glad I decided to try it again. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/3/2014Unusual takes on fresh seasonal ingredients are this restaurants fortes. Cozy, homey ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedJulietVIPDined on 9/30/2014We used to eat here frequently. Had not been in a while. Very disappointed. My husband ordered the steak which was tough and gristle-y. Could not chew it. I had the rabbit...very dry. Kale on everything. Actually, we ordered a side dish of Kale with bacon. They forgot the bacon. Then brought it out in the middle of the meal. Place was also kind of empty and depressing. Will not go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/28/2014This was our first visit to Heirloom. We sat outside. The chairs didn't provide enough back support, and the cushions were in need of a good cleaning. We should have sat in the restaurant, which was beautiful, and had a different seating arrangement (individual tables) vs. (community tables) as pictured on the restaurant's website. While the food was good, the coffee was not hot. Brunch was a bit pricey side--$12 for an average tasting, lukewarm waffle and $5 for grapefruit brulee (1/2 of a grapefruit). However, the Heirloom Crabcake Benedict WAS worthy of $15. Not sure that we will return for brunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- jay1651VIPDined on 9/26/2014Great local BYOB. Best food in Chestnut Hill. Everything fresh, mostly local and seasonal.
- Missed the markdiner564Dined on 9/25/2014The service was excellent and our server, Sessin (?) was a delight. The ambiance was ok- but there were little gnats flying around (perhaps from the plants overhead) and the table was WAY too small for the two of us, our wine, bread and food. The food was ok, but not really special. The mushroom gnocchi was tasty but mushy. I will say that the vegetables/salad SURROUNDING the gnocchi was delicious with a wonderful texture. We also ordered the roasted beet salad which was bland and uninteresting. We split an order of scallops with a carrot puree, I believe. The scallops were beautiful (all the dishes looked beautiful) but were undercooked. They have the right idea there, just need some work on the execution of the dishes.Special Features: