8470 Bellhaven Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28216Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.heirloomrestaurantnc.com/
- Phone: (704) 595-7710
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Tuesday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Clark Barlowe
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Thirty-Six seat private dining room with additional lounge style seating at one end of the room. Capable of being arranged for presentations, meetings, or functions.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Anthony 7045957710x
- Cross Street: Hwy 16/Mount Holly-Huntersville Rd.
- Public Transit: 88x Mountain Island express CATS park and ride stop located at restaurant.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: 31 Space lot with 2 additional van accessible handicap spaces. Restaurant is located in shopping center in a free standing building so ample additional parking is also available.
A word from Heirloom Restaurant
Heirloom Restaurant is the product of Chef Clark Barlowe's North Carolina farm community upbringing and years of global travel. All ingredients that are brought in to Heirloom come from NC farms or producers, prompting a style best described as: Locally Sourced, Globally Inspired. This style of farm to table dining at Heirloom extends far beyond simply the food. From the Cocktail list focused strictly on NC distilleries, the wine list made up completely of NC vintages, the beer list sourcing only local craft breweries from Charlotte, NC, to the house music supplied from NC artists Heirloom is North Carolina's restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Heirloom Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Heirloom Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (58)special occasion (44)romantic (23)neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (21)notable wine list (10)great for brunch (6)hot spot (5)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- HeirloomQueensandNCDined on 11/15/2014NC only food concept is interesting, but the dishes were not consistently good. Soup and gnocchi were very good. Fish was not cooked well. Bottle of white wine was not kept cold. I am also not a big fan of the smaller tasting size portions. It forces them to put too many tastes into a small serving, when a simpler normal size portion would present good ingredients in a better light. There was not enough dessert to get a good taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely long wait for fooddonnarDined on 11/15/2014Our night was basically ruined because of the exceptionally long time it took to get the food out. We were advised it was because students from Johnson and Wales were helping in the kitchen, but there really was just no excuse for the long wait times to get our food.Special Features:
- New placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/14/2014Great food with educated servers that can explain the menu and wine list in detail. Wonderful that everything is locally sourced and changes frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014A farm to table unique experience in food, wine, and cocktails, Don't miss it! The fresh shucked oysters were incredible, rabbit exquisite, and chocolate cake with bacon wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2014Although the food was good, it did not justify the prices.
- FacinatingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014First time I have been to Heirloom Restaurant and it was a wonderful experience. The Chefs are both creative in the contents and presentation. Also the wines are from North Carolina Vineyards and fantastic. I would highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/31/2014Heirloom is amazing! The food is unique and fantastic no matter what your taste is. It's an experience vs. just a meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionindpndntRSTRNTsupporterDined on 10/28/2014Heirloom is a great place for a different kind of dining experience. Mgmt. makes a great effort to source all ingredients locally (i.e. NC) and there are choices of food and drink that are not frequently offered at other dining establishments. Portions are somewhat undersized, but presentation is very artful. Our server, C****, was very knowledgeable about all aspects of the menu and also was very engaging and witty interacting with our group.Special Features:
- Heirloom is a TREASURE!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Our experience at Heirloom well surpassed all expectations!!! Well informed staff, nice place, food was outstanding!! Overall, a terrific meal.Special Features:
- Great new twist for the MenumelinncVIPDined on 10/11/2014This was our 9th visit and on this visit we found that the menu had been revamped to a tasting menu only. While I did enjoy some of the al la carte items on the old menu, the choice of 3/5/7/ or12 tasting courses allowed us to explore new items when you just couldn't decide what entree to order (this happens a lot)! The portions are adequate and inventive. I had 3 courses, while my husband opted for 5. Chef Barlowe was even thoughtful enough to send out a "course holder" (pickled veggies, veggie chips etc) for me when my husband's extra 2 courses arrived. Service was spot on. We additionally enjoyed some exciting cocktails at the bar prior to our seating. I love that the menu is never the same, so we always return for a new adventure!Special Features:
- Pricey, but goodsteadygalVIPDined on 10/11/2014The portion sizes are served Tapas style, that is just a little food for a lot of money. For instance 2 little oysters, which were undeniably out of this world were I think about $10. You have a selection of different courses which add up fairly quickly. However, each course has different taste combinations you wouldn't expect to be good, but are really fabulous. Don't go exceedingly hungry. I hope they make it, but for us, I doubt we will be back just based on the amount of food you get for the money you spend.Special Features:
- disappointingwalkerDined on 10/11/2014The service was great and the food was rather tasty but the portions were very small. The value for what we were served was extremely poor. The 3 of us had 3 small plates and 4 total drinks, coffee and one dessert and our bill was $160 plus a $40 tip. Would not recommend this restaurant.
- Gone to Carolina in my MindTarheelBornBredDined on 10/11/2014What a wonderful dining experience! All food and drinks are sourced from the Carolinas (not sure if just North Carolina or not) and served in the most exquisite manner. Everything was absolutely delicious. The up-to 12 course options are smaller portions / tapas style so you can sample more unique flavors. Great for a group / two couples so you can share your course selections. Staff was very knowledgeable about selections and service was excellent. Menu changes daily so you can go again and again for new culinary experiences. Charlotte needs more options like this one and much less of the national food chains that seem to populate our area.Special Features:
- A definite must try!Love2DineVIPDined on 10/4/2014The team at Heirloom accommodated our group of 10, late and last minute on a Saturday night. We arrived in waves, asked lots of questions and wanted a variety of exceptions. Kel and the rest of the team took very good care of us, plus the pairings, cocktails and food were well done. Kel was knowledgeable about the menu and made great suggestions. The oysters, quail, mussels, and chicken were all well received by the table. Additionally the cheese tray was wonderful and thoughtful while we waited for the rest of our party. I would definitely go back and take my friends. Make your own tasting, but won't break the bank.Special Features:
- exceptional food, skip the winerdm331Dined on 10/4/2014food is amazing; service is warm and professional. ambiance is kind of awkward...the restaurant seems to have been converted from some kind of chain steakhouse, so it's basically one big room. that makes it feel a little less intimate than what would be most appropriate for this level of cuisine and service. commitment to locally-sourced ingredients is impressive, but when it comes to wine, i found myself wishing for more choices. (especially since many "north carolina" wineries use grapes that are trucked in from california anyway) so, skip the wines and go for the cocktails----ALL of them are winners, and I wish we could've tried more. they all sound amazing!Special Features:
- Breath of Fresh AirBuddyVIPDined on 10/4/2014Farm to table concept. Tasting menu format choosing between 3-12 courses. If you're sophisticated & adventurous you'll love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingkbeverVIPDined on 10/4/2014Very disappointing meal. I appreciate the efforts to use local products but serving only NC wines is going too far. They just aren't that good to accompany an expensive meal. As for the meal, it was odd. It started with a wonderful olive oil and herb mixture for the bread. They made a great show of chopping the herbs at the table but only gave us one small piece of bread and then took everything away when the first course came. The tomato soup was quite good but the fish course I had was overcooked and dry. The chocolate cupcake was excellent. Too much inconsistency for the price. Finally, the waiter kept calling me "young lady". I am 61 years old!! Very condesceding and silly. Overall, not worth the long drive.
- BaharaDined on 10/3/2014Good service, good music and good food. We ordered the 9 course meal but I ended up skipping 2 courses because it was too much for me. But all the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the most innovative in CLTErvingVIPDined on 9/30/2014Probably the most creative place in town. Just 10 min north of uptown, offering amazing value for the choices. Who else has indigo (blue!) mushrooms! Or local truffles? Stop by and see what Clark has cooked up today. If you have read earlier reviews, which attacked the service, that problem has been put to rest with extensive training. Come back for another try. Be among the people that can say, "I knew Clark when he first started, before he became really famous."Special Features:
- 4theloveoffoodDined on 9/26/2014This was my second visit to Heirloom and I was not disappointed. Chef Clark displays his ultimate passion for food by combining the best locally sourced foods with the most meticulous preparation. The desserts are delicate works of art that combine a mélange of local ingredients to create heavenly flavors. The impeccable service staff showcased the cuisine and enhanced the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coulwood's finestwinesanddinesDined on 9/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the menu- presented as several courses that are each very affordable - a pick and choose foodie's dream. The service was outstanding. I recommend the mussels, and the lamb-stuffed eggplant. The turtle dessert was delicious. Small bites, beautifully prepared and presented. However, the wine we chose, the top one on the list, was not to our liking. The large open room could use something, some fiddle leaf focus in pots maybe, to break up the expanse. Otherwise, Heirloom has great energy and I would dine there again.Special Features:
- New Westside GemTerryDined on 9/20/2014Heirloom's location in Charlotte's Coulwood neighborhood probably discourages "downtowners," who don't realize it's only 15 minutes from the Square. But if they avoid Heirloom because it is "distant," they make a huge mistake. It's one of the two most creative restaurants in Charlotte and in the top five for total food quality. All ingredients used -- including the wine list -- come from only North Carolina sources. (So Heirloom's greatest cost might be menu printing since it can change significantly from day to day.) Freshness, is guaranteed. Sauces are inventive. My dinner companion was so taken with sauce for the steamed clams that he bought a quart of it. Heirloom offers a tasting menu. So portions are not overwhelming.Special Features:
- Wonderful farm to fork experience!NewEnglandTasterVIPDined on 9/16/2014Amazing showcase for North Carolina food. Most everything is sourced in state. Some produce is even grown on premises. Super creative chef varies 12 course tasting menu daily to include the best of the season. Tasting menus can be purchased from 3-12 courses and items are also offered a la carte. Wines and beers continue the North Carolina theme and pairing recommendations are available for each course. Mixologists create unique cocktails and desserts are superb. Staff is enthusiastic and very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent brunchroxyrussVIPDined on 9/14/2014Staff was great and food was excellent. We went for brunch and are looking forward to going to dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! This place is amazing!InspireWellnessDocDined on 9/13/2014All I have to say is OMG! We went to Heirloom for a date night, and everything was fabulous! The atmosphere was comfortable and inviting. The staff was friendly and helpful. The best part was that each bite of food was like a partly in my mouth! The menu changes based on the seasons and on what farmers have available so I can't wait to try Heirloom again! It is amazing that they can be so creative with a changing menu. My favorites of the evening were the steamers with garlic crostini and the orange sage martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeirloomMedjgirlDined on 9/10/2014All food is sourced locally. I had the duck confit. I have eaten duck out many times but this was the best duck I have ever had. Service was outstanding and the prices reasonable. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Foodie ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Concept and concept delivery cover all of the bases allowing you multiple choices for palette pleasure. Can't wait to go back and experience more of the chef's creations from local growers and foraging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible!lolliodellDined on 8/30/2014Served champagne without a taste. No chilled ice bucket. Wine paring wasn't served with course. Left half way through 12 course meal because we where starving!!!!!Special Features:
- Heirloom:Impressive Rustic EleganceLARiversDined on 8/29/2014Heirloom is a delightful neighborhood gem! Explosive flavors with options of 12 to 3 courses, a la carte, and price points. Staff and environment made a memorable 15th year anniversary for my wife and me! The maitre d' greeted us at the door after telling him our last name with an "Happy Anniversary!" He had our semi-private table prepared per special request. The food "made our mouths happy!"... Delectable! We will definitely revisit for more ambiance and cuisine. Lovely place all around Heirloom Restaurant is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!SkkibunniVIPDined on 8/27/2014Pretty much everything is locally sourced, and the fresh herb oil for the bread was fantastic. The bread was fresh and so so good. We opted for the 7 course, but I only recommend if you haven't eaten in a day or 2, I was stuffed by course 5 and I'm quite the eater. The tomato salad was beyond amazing and a great start. The duck confit was amazing as well. The menu changes often so we will likely be back to try new foods. It's a out there in location, but worth the drive for special occasions.Special Features:
- Really loved this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Such a neat concept in sourcing everything from North Carolina. I don't have a particularly sophisticated palate, but our server assisted with wine selection and was spot-on. The food was interesting and different from what you'll get in just about any other place I've been. Would definitely recommend trying this out if you want to impress a prospective partner who is into the food movement :)Special Features:
- Fabulous EverythingFoodie4everDined on 8/22/2014We visited Heirloom for the first time and we were pleasantly surprised! The food was delicious and fresh. Our server was knowledgeable and friendly, the chef was even available to visit our table! We would love for Heirloom to be supported and to become a successful restaurant in Charlotte!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At least onceFoodieDined on 8/22/2014Very unique. The food was great and obviously very fresh and creative. More of it for $$$ would have made it perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting MenuesmommyDined on 8/21/2014I learned of Heirloom that to the magazine, Edible Charlotte, where they did a piece on the restaurant. I was intrigued by them using local ingredients and the menu changing based on what was in season. MY husband took me for a date night and was in awe of the tasting menu. I like to watch cooking/food shows and was intrigued by doing a tasting menu. By doing this I was able to try 7 different dishes that allowed me to try foods I never had before (rabbit, duck egg, and a variety of micro greens and vegetables. Overall it was a great experience and I would do it again during a different season.Special Features:
- Great for the Mount Holly AreaGasStoveDined on 8/19/2014Heirloom is a great find in the Mount Holly area.The food is solid, enjoyable. The desserts are AMAZING.Special Features:
- Great FoodTarheelDined on 8/16/2014It was refreshing to eat North Carolina grown foods in such new and delicious ways . Thanks to the UNC TV show for telling us about this new restaurant to our Charlotte area.Special Features:
- Ambience, and organicRosysgoodDined on 8/15/2014Great use of local produce and foods. Excellent cheese and wine plate with complements.Special Features:
- such a gem.pennsgemDined on 8/12/2014Heirloom's Clark Barlowe is really onto something with Heirloom. Tucked away right outside Charlotte, Heirloom is such a gem that I only hope more people discover in a quest for a unforgettable dining experience. I found myself more thoughtful about food and the dining experience because of Heirloom's atmosphere, attention to detail, thoughtful concepts and combinations, and responsible farm-to-table approach. As well, Heirloom's team went above and beyond to make this a special occasion for us - they knew we were celebrating and created a special dessert for my boyfriend based on what I told them he liked. They even went so far as to put it on the menu - with his name. Unbelievable. I'm a big fan of this Charlotte gem. Thank you!Special Features:
- different experienceabcdVIPDined on 8/9/2014Serving only local consumables may be carried to extremes. The food was good and nicely served, but the cocktails suffered by being made with only North Carolina produced alcohol.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamesVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great dinner. Wonderful fame to table restaurant showcasing NC foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.