8470 Bellhaven Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28216Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.heirloomrestaurantnc.com/
- Phone: 7045957710x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Tuesday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Clark Barlowe
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Thirty-Six seat private dining room with additional lounge style seating at one end of the room. Capable of being arranged for presentations, meetings, or functions.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Anthony 7045957710x
- Cross Street: Hwy 16/Mount Holly-Huntersville Rd.
- Public Transit: 88x Mountain Island express CATS park and ride stop located at restaurant.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: 31 Space lot with 2 additional van accessible handicap spaces. Restaurant is located in shopping center in a free standing building so ample additional parking is also available.
A word from Heirloom Restaurant
Heirloom Restaurant is the product of Chef Clark Barlowe's North Carolina farm community upbringing and years of global travel. All ingredients that are brought in to Heirloom come from NC farms or producers, prompting a style best described as: Locally Sourced, Globally Inspired. This style of farm to table dining at Heirloom extends far beyond simply the food. From the Cocktail list focused strictly on NC distilleries, the wine list made up completely of NC vintages, the beer list sourcing only local craft breweries from Charlotte, NC, to the house music supplied from NC artists Heirloom is North Carolina's restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Heirloom Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Heirloom Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (63)special occasion (46)neighborhood gem (42)romantic (35)good for groups (27)great for brunch (12)notable wine list (12)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Wonderful farm to fork experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/16/2014Amazing showcase for North Carolina food. Most everything is sourced in state. Some produce is even grown on premises. Super creative chef varies 12 course tasting menu daily to include the best of the season. Tasting menus can be purchased from 3-12 courses and items are also offered a la carte. Wines and beers continue the North Carolina theme and pairing recommendations are available for each course. Mixologists create unique cocktails and desserts are superb. Staff is enthusiastic and very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent brunchroxyrussVIPDined on 9/14/2014Staff was great and food was excellent. We went for brunch and are looking forward to going to dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! This place is amazing!InspireWellnessDocDined on 9/13/2014All I have to say is OMG! We went to Heirloom for a date night, and everything was fabulous! The atmosphere was comfortable and inviting. The staff was friendly and helpful. The best part was that each bite of food was like a partly in my mouth! The menu changes based on the seasons and on what farmers have available so I can't wait to try Heirloom again! It is amazing that they can be so creative with a changing menu. My favorites of the evening were the steamers with garlic crostini and the orange sage martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeirloomMedjgirlDined on 9/10/2014All food is sourced locally. I had the duck confit. I have eaten duck out many times but this was the best duck I have ever had. Service was outstanding and the prices reasonable. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible!lolliodellDined on 8/30/2014Served champagne without a taste. No chilled ice bucket. Wine paring wasn't served with course. Left half way through 12 course meal because we where starving!!!!!Special Features:
- Heirloom:Impressive Rustic EleganceLARiversDined on 8/29/2014Heirloom is a delightful neighborhood gem! Explosive flavors with options of 12 to 3 courses, a la carte, and price points. Staff and environment made a memorable 15th year anniversary for my wife and me! The maitre d' greeted us at the door after telling him our last name with an "Happy Anniversary!" He had our semi-private table prepared per special request. The food "made our mouths happy!"... Delectable! We will definitely revisit for more ambiance and cuisine. Lovely place all around Heirloom Restaurant is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really loved this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Such a neat concept in sourcing everything from North Carolina. I don't have a particularly sophisticated palate, but our server assisted with wine selection and was spot-on. The food was interesting and different from what you'll get in just about any other place I've been. Would definitely recommend trying this out if you want to impress a prospective partner who is into the food movement :)Special Features:
- Fabulous EverythingFoodie4everDined on 8/22/2014We visited Heirloom for the first time and we were pleasantly surprised! The food was delicious and fresh. Our server was knowledgeable and friendly, the chef was even available to visit our table! We would love for Heirloom to be supported and to become a successful restaurant in Charlotte!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At least onceFoodieDined on 8/22/2014Very unique. The food was great and obviously very fresh and creative. More of it for $$$ would have made it perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting MenuesmommyDined on 8/21/2014I learned of Heirloom that to the magazine, Edible Charlotte, where they did a piece on the restaurant. I was intrigued by them using local ingredients and the menu changing based on what was in season. MY husband took me for a date night and was in awe of the tasting menu. I like to watch cooking/food shows and was intrigued by doing a tasting menu. By doing this I was able to try 7 different dishes that allowed me to try foods I never had before (rabbit, duck egg, and a variety of micro greens and vegetables. Overall it was a great experience and I would do it again during a different season.Special Features:
- Great for the Mount Holly AreaGasStoveDined on 8/19/2014Heirloom is a great find in the Mount Holly area.The food is solid, enjoyable. The desserts are AMAZING.Special Features:
- Great FoodTarheelDined on 8/16/2014It was refreshing to eat North Carolina grown foods in such new and delicious ways . Thanks to the UNC TV show for telling us about this new restaurant to our Charlotte area.Special Features:
- Ambience, and organicRosysgoodDined on 8/15/2014Great use of local produce and foods. Excellent cheese and wine plate with complements.Special Features:
- such a gem.pennsgemDined on 8/12/2014Heirloom's Clark Barlowe is really onto something with Heirloom. Tucked away right outside Charlotte, Heirloom is such a gem that I only hope more people discover in a quest for a unforgettable dining experience. I found myself more thoughtful about food and the dining experience because of Heirloom's atmosphere, attention to detail, thoughtful concepts and combinations, and responsible farm-to-table approach. As well, Heirloom's team went above and beyond to make this a special occasion for us - they knew we were celebrating and created a special dessert for my boyfriend based on what I told them he liked. They even went so far as to put it on the menu - with his name. Unbelievable. I'm a big fan of this Charlotte gem. Thank you!Special Features:
- different experienceabcdVIPDined on 8/9/2014Serving only local consumables may be carried to extremes. The food was good and nicely served, but the cocktails suffered by being made with only North Carolina produced alcohol.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamesVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great dinner. Wonderful fame to table restaurant showcasing NC foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie paradiseJennyNCDined on 8/7/2014The amazing chef at heirloom creates a menu of 100%nc ingredients (including cocktails, beer and wine). We did the 7 course menu w wine pairing and it was an interesting and delicious meal. Truly a unique experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected Treasuremdbree00Dined on 8/3/2014I have been reading lots of good reviews about Heirloom, but my husband came for brunch and were completely blown away by the service and food. Everything on the menu looked amazing and the food did not disappoint. Everything was locally sourced and the chef did a superb job of showcasing fresh foods in season. The brunch scene was surprisingly quiet since there is a serious dearth of good brunch places in Charlotte. I would really like to go back for dinner, when I imagine the restaurant has a much more energetic vibe. I cannot wait to return and I am telling all of my friends that they need to visit soon as well.Special Features:
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/2/2014Love the overall concept of the resturaunt! Our party of four enjoyed our dinner (all had the tasting menu) and were very pleased with the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous findLoveSupportingLocalDined on 8/2/2014This was a wonderful food experience. As my husband described at dinner...a symphony in your mouth. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed the time and dare that was put into each course. I love supporting restaurant that do local....we will definitely return for another fabulous mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the beaten pathOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Not only in unlikely location, but Heirloom also is off the beaten path as far as food as well. Our table of four all had the 5 course option. Every course was a new surprise prepared unlike anything I have had in a long time. While a couple of courses were not what I normally would order I stretched myself to try a Chicken liver dish, and a Beet salad. It was a strange experience because while I still don't enjoy liver or beets that much I was still impressed by how they were prepared and ingredients in the dishes. The Corn Chowder was delicious and totally different from any other corn chowder I have ever tasted. The desert plate was also fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One for the Books!ChasingTasteDined on 7/29/2014A rustic scene with an invested staff that cares. The menu and food is as it should be; fresh food, renewing menu, and small menu which means that the meals are prepared fresh. The food is amazing and unforgettable, with a selection that is rare to find elsewhere. A place that I will soon return and experience new dishes from Chef Barlowe. I can only say thank you, and it is so refreshing to have a real place to dine with real fresh local food and someone that really knows how to cook and prepare a menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Everything is North Carolina grown. Prepared and presented in a memorible fashion. Good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Queen's Feast Gemdinnerfor4Dined on 7/27/2014Our second visit here and we were elated. The corn and heirloom tomato salad was delightful and fresh. The tess (?) bacon on the wedge salad was so delicious that we left with 3 pounds of it. The bacon is cured by the chef who is also a butcher. Serving some items on the slate slabs is genius. The italian sausage definitely does not disappoint either. The filet of beef and roasted beets was fabulous and the blueberry shortbread was buttery and just sweet enough. Topped off with wine and port, it was a wonderful meal to share with great friends.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekMarshfieldDined on 7/26/2014We went for queens feast. We ordered each option from the selection to try everything. The overall feeling was that the food was good I like the concept that everything is locally sourced farm to table. Our first and third course lacked salt and the third fish course desperately lacked acid as well as the bed of polenta/grits?...was unappealing. The second course shined and was the star of the meal. The dessert course was great the blueberry shortcake had the perfect balance of sweet and savory! Overall I'd give it another try but hope the lack of seasoning and acid will be corrected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such good reviewsArt2HeartDined on 7/26/2014Don't think these guys were ready for Restaurant Week. Staf volunteers worried about running out food. Portions were small, but we certainly left full... only... we asked several times for more of the corn bread :) Wine list was not memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience at HeirloomLooking4FlavorDined on 7/26/2014The entire experience was wonderful. The food was creative bringing out exceptional flavors. The waitstaff were very attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/25/2014Went to Heirloom during restaurant week. My girlfriend and I had a great time. The seats are a little close together, but it gave us an opportunity to really focus on each other, but we were conscious of not listening to other's conversations. Definitely a Charlotte area restaurant that others should visit at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as UsualmelinncVIPDined on 7/25/2014Heirloom has become our new go-to restaurant. This was our 7th visit since March, and it just happened to be Restaurant Week. Each course was well timed and tasted wonderful. This was the busiest I have seen the restaurant and I was so pleased that word is getting out about this place. Chef Barlowe was happy to accomidate my gluten allergy, and since I notified him prior to arriving, a dessert was prepared just for me. You are not going to find many places that are willing to go above and beyond for their guests, but Heirloom does!Special Features:
- Amazing Food & Service. All Local.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I went to Heirloom during Restaurant Week. We did not have high expectations as sometimes during restaurant week restaurants tend to under-deliver and their menu items are very limited. This was not the case with Heirloom. The food was nothing short of amazing! All of the dishes we had were vibrant in taste and SO good! The service was great as well. My husband and I wanted to sit down and order a drink and appetizer before we were ready to order our entrees and the waiter was totally fine with having us sit there for as long as we wanted to. Everything in the restaurant is from NC...even the beer and wine! Everything is farm to table and local...which I loved! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- creative and uniquegingycakeDined on 7/25/2014worth taking the trip out to try this place. it's different from any other place that I've been to in Charlotte. Their idea is to serve only local products and they execute it pretty well. One complaint is that they only offer NC wine which isn't that great and caused one of the worst hangovers I've had in while. Order beer instead!Special Features:
- One of top 3 Restaurants in NCOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/24/2014By far, one of the best restaurants I ever eaten at in NC, if not this country. From the food, to the service it was impeccable. everything in the place, from the booze, to the furniture to the food is Hyper-Local, made and from the great state of north Carolina. Cannot wait to go back and would highly highly recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:
- breath of fresh air in charlotteluvnewplacesDined on 7/24/2014I was completely amazed, food tasted and looked amazing. Barn decor inside was perfect, bar rustic decor very appealing and interesting. Food was over the top, so far my favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner, love localEatDineGrowLocalDined on 7/24/2014We are very into locally sourced food as well as great application and preparation. We love that Heirloom has a focused vision for local, possibly more than any other Charlotte option I'm aware of - from the beverages, including liquors, and salt to the bees on the roof. The food is not only local be delicious and fantastically prepared. We understand the complications that come with staying to committed to local food - availability forces the menu to change often but that also challenges the chef and the kitchen. Heirloom does this with what appears to be ease. Definite gem and new addition to the Charlotte food sceneSpecial Features:
- Sans ServiceElBeeDined on 7/24/2014Our party of five arrived on time, were seated, handed menus, and then silence. A bus person brought us water. Meg, who was seemingly our server, floated past our table two times, each time saying she would take our orders shortly. She seemed fixated on a table of four to the left of the hostess desk. I tried to catch her eye; fat chance. So after ten-to-12 minutes, I caught Jessica, the hostess, telling her we had yet to meet our server, and we were ready to order. She said, "I'll take it." And did. She brought our drinks order. And continued to tend to us politely, humorously, and efficiently for the entire three-course meal. Our so-called "server," Meg did nothing, not ever acknowledging our presence. It was the worst service!
- Great food and local NC fare too!!!MtIslandresidentDined on 7/24/2014We had a great meal at Heirloom during Queen's Feast Week. We have also eaten there for Sunday brunch which was also good. Beautiful interior decorations. Service staff was great and on top of things- never had to wait for anything. We had lots of questions and all were answered immediately or the server would go ask the chef to find out. We would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good FoodRyanODined on 7/23/2014The staff was good but had some miscommunications. I usually just attribute that to having a packed house on restaurant week. No big deal and they straightened everything out. Also, the staff was knowledgeable and friendly. The FOOD was great and everything was prepared with the precision and passion that you want to see when paying as much as it was. I highly recommend this place for dates with the SO and for going out with clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulFitzVIPDined on 7/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at this delightful restaurant. The decor was charming, the service was attentive, and the food was delish! All North Carolina wines, almost all NC liquor, and fresh local food made for a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Front of house understaffednat523VIPDined on 7/22/2014I really wanted to love this place but left disappointed. We went on a Tuesday during restaurant week, and the restaurant was maybe half full but still pretty busy. However, it appeared that there were only two servers, one back wait, and one hostess on the floor. The hostess was also delivering food, so getting seated was kind of a mess (table not even cleared). We had issues not getting bread (had to ask after seeing it on another table) and having enough silverware/water. Also, I get the idea of not having s&p on the table, but the food should be properly seasoned in order for this to work. A real positive was our server, he was awesome! Helped us navigate the NC-only cocktail/wine list wonderfully. I just wish he had more support.Special Features:
- anniversary dinneranniversaryDined on 7/22/2014We went for our anniversary. Everything was very nice. The food was delicious and we will be going back.Special Features: