Heirloom - Midway
125 East Main Street
Midway, KY 40347Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Heirloom - Midway
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.heirloommidway.com/
- Phone: (859) 846-5565
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Mark Wombles
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Mark Wombles 8598465565
A word from Heirloom - Midway
"Voted Best New Restaurant in the State of KY 2007"- The Lane Report. "Voted Best Fine Dining Restaurant in Lexington Area"- KY Monthly Magazine. Located in the heart of horse country and just 15 minutes from downtown Lexington. Offering an extensive boutique wine list and specializing in eclectic contemporary cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Heirloom - Midway - Best Restaurants in Midway ›
Heirloom - Midway reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (72)neighborhood gem (61)special occasion (60)romantic (36)notable wine list (29)great for lunch (29)hot spot (15)good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Always awesome! The menu choices are excellent, the preparation and presentation are mouthwatering! We have never had a bad experience at Heirloom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner my wife and i before a show.Seviche4SevicheVIPDined on 11/15/2014My wife and I visited before a show. We had a great dinner, great food and they got us out in time to make our show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed in the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2014I have had delicious meals repeatedly at Heirloom, but on 11/14 the food was terrible. I ordered the snapper and it was tough and flavorless. I tasted my husband's crabcakes and they weren't much better. Both of us were very disappointed, as was the other couple who had joined us who ordered the same items. The spinach salad, however, was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable experience!HospitalityCoupleDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I visited Heirloom for the first time recently while celebrating a special occasion. We were very pleased with the decor of the dining room and the small accents that lended to the overall experience. While the menu is limited, there is a good variety of offerings, focusing on quality. From our first course to our last, everything presented to our table had excellent visual appeal, which was matched with amazing tastes and pairings. The service we received was unbelievable as our server referred to us as "friends" throughout the evening, making us feel like we were his only table for the night. Overall, we enjoyed every aspect of our visit and will definitely return to Heirloom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice dining experienceFinedinerDined on 11/7/2014We were disappointed that there was no special for Friday night. However, the beef tenderloin was fork tender and very delicious. The spinach salad and squash soup were generous portions.Special Features:
- Gem in Midway!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/6/2014As always, our dining experience at Heirloom was wonderful! We drove from Louisville to meet family from Lexington....well worth the drive! This restaurant is always a stop for us when we go to Keeneland. Food, atmosphere, service...outstanding! I look forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't get any better.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014I had dinner last wednesday night at Heirloom, five of us including a toddler. The appetizers, crab cake, chicken livers, and scallops were great. The butternut squash soup was tasty and rich. Almost everyone got the beef tenderloin at our table, one person got the rabbit. Everyone was satisfied. The servers, Bo, Dalaina, and Amelia all took care of us, that's what you call teamwork. Very pleasant experience, you're missing out if you haven't dined here.Special Features:
- One of a kind!adavis12Dined on 11/5/2014This place is truly a gem. Dining at Heirloom is an experience. Between the phenomenal appetizers and soups, the knowledgeable staff and the divine desserts, this place will keep you wanting more. I highly recommend the steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME DININGbbloveswifeDined on 11/1/2014This quaint restaurant exhibits great dining experience, with quiet atmosphere, excellent service, and exquisite food nestled in Midway Kentucky. The stores surrounding the restaurant are wonderful. Great place to spend several hours of dining and shopping.Special Features:
- Yum!2PickyDinersDined on 10/29/2014I never know what to order for lunch because there are so many excellent choices. Gave some thought to ordering the fried chicken for lunch and a crab cake sandwich with those scrumptious fries to take home for dinner. No bad choices at Heirloom!Special Features:
- Very slow service w/ small kitchenAncientMarinerDined on 10/28/2014Nice place, but a large table ahead of my wife and I delayed our meal by over an hour. By the time our food arrived my wife couldn't even take a bite. So the guard at our hotel got an expensive takeout dinner. I ate and enjoyed my meal, so I can recommend the place for another try. But be prepared for slow service if the small kitchen is busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dinner at Heirloomalliesmom24Dined on 10/23/2014After being on the road for an extra 2 hours due to traffic, we were not going to make our reservation time. Called Heirloom and they were very accommodating and said they would hold the table till we got there. Once we arrived, we were pleased to see a beautifully decorated, quaint restaurant in such a cute little town. The food was amazing! Everyone in our party enjoyed their meals. A big shout out for the Autumn Soup! It truly was the best tasting soup we have ever tasted! Wished we could have taken a large container home with us. It was that good! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience.HappyDinerDined on 10/22/2014Excellent. Highly recommend the Autumn Bisque it was the best and beautiful presentation. The beef tenderloin was also delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joylifeDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant was very cozy. The food was excellent as was the service. A little late seating us, but had a cocktail waiting. The noise level was really loud. After a couple of drinks you won't notice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FooddkajDined on 10/18/2014All our food was very good, the Autumn Bisque was the "Best I've ever had"! The server was very helpful and attentive to our needs. A great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic !BryanBDined on 10/18/2014As one would expect from the reviews this place is a great gem in Midway .They delivered on everything . From the time our party of seven enter the door until we left. Food= fantastic Libations = A+( Bartender suggestions / elixirs ..yum) Waitstaff= Very personable and knowledgeable of menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverDined on 10/17/2014Great lunch before day at Keeneland!! Had the butternut squash soup and the livers. Never knew I liked livers until I had them at Heirloom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot for lunch in lovely townWanderinggardenerDined on 10/17/2014Heirloom is a nice spot for lunch, with very good service and a varied menu. I ordered the crab cake which, while tasty, was coated with grease. The sides were all unhealthy or spicy--jalapeño slaw, which was fresh but just not to my taste(too spicy), and French fries, thin but also extremely greasy.
- Loved it!otterladyVIPDined on 10/16/2014We ate lunch here and loved it so much, we returned for dinner. Their fall squash soup was fantastic! And, it was so nice to be greeted as "Friend"!Special Features:
- Always enjoy HeirloomOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/15/2014Have never been disappointed with menu or service here!Special Features:
- passinthroughVIPDined on 10/11/2014As usual, food and service was exceptional. Lobster BLT was incredibleSpecial Features:
- A Very Nice EveningFinedinerDined on 10/10/2014We were greeted as soon as we arrived. Our waiter was very congenial. Knowledgeable about the extensive wine list. The menu offered a nice selection. The crab cake could have stood as an entree by its size. The squash bisque was delicious. The beef tenderloin and the pork chop were both grilled to perfection. All in all it was a very pleasant evening. We did not feel rushed and enjoyed our food as well as the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal in Midway!BelleDined on 10/7/2014I took a friend here for her birthday. It was the perfect spot. We live about an hour's drive away but so worth the trip. Our waiter, William, was a delight and was very friendly and helped us make the perfect luncheon selections. The fried chicken was the best ever and the root vegetable soup made us both swoon. Will definitely be back. Definitely make reservations as the restaurant only has about 14 tables and I would hate for you not to get in!Special Features:
- Good for the areaDiscerningDined on 10/4/2014For 15 years, while attending the opening Fall weekend at Keeneland, I have been searching desperately for a rewarding dining experience. For the last three trips, we have had dinner at Heirloom. Their menu is anything but run of the mill, the food is quite good, and the waitstaff very knowledgable about the menu. Although it is not the equivalent of fine dinning in NO, NYC, SF, MIA, or LA, it is quite good and the best we have found in the area (we have tried many others and, for the most part, found them lacking).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!KennyDined on 10/3/2014The food was the finest we have had in a long time. Our server went above and beyond in answering our questions on the menu selections. Stays in Kentucky must include a meal at Heirloom!Special Features:
- Incredible!luvthisDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I had dinner here to celebrate a special occasion. We could not have been more impressed or delighted with our meal as we believe it to be the best we have ever had! The food was beautifully prepared and we delighted in the myriad tastes that were so artfully brought together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- passinthroughVIPDined on 9/26/2014Best Shrimp and grits I have ever had, mini rib eye sandwich appetizer was outrageously goodSpecial Features:
- Always a hitTinkerDined on 9/26/2014Never disappointed. There is always something new on the menu and everything is well-prepared and delicious.Special Features:
- special lunchTinkerDined on 9/25/2014Met there last week to catch up with a former colleague. We enjoyed lunch on a beautiful autumn afternoon by sitting outside. The arugula salad is always one of my favorites. The shrimp and grits was some of the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- The BestShelbyVIPDined on 9/24/2014Outstanding as usual! A must if you are in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Always enjoy eating there. Great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014I love this restaurant. I am always satisfied witih the experience.Special Features:
- JackLemonDined on 9/13/2014This is the Best Restaurant that we have ever eaten at !!! One of the Coolest little towns with a Fantastic Eatery !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2014Great wine suggestion from our waiter. She recommended "bayonette". The beef tenderloin entree was wonderful. And of course, the chicken liver appetizer is always a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- passinthroughVIPDined on 9/6/2014As usual, food was excellent as well as attentive and excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- A not-to-miss restaurant!AppreciategoodfoodDined on 8/30/2014This was our first time at Heirloom, but not our last! The food was delicious and beautifully presented - using locally grown products and highlighting produce at its peak of perfection. The service was impeccable, our server even going above and beyond to make us feel comfortable with staying a little longer with another cup of good coffee when a rain storm started, then providing us an umbrella to use to get to our car. Thank you for an excellent dining experience - we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great evening!Tomcat55Dined on 8/29/2014Cannot beat this restaurant for great food and superior service. The best of the best in the Bluegrass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and servicebillinlexDined on 8/23/2014The entrees were creative and mouth watering The use of fresh fruit with the seafood added an interesting note. Our server was very friendly and helpful with menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than worth the driveLexingtonfoodieVIPDined on 8/19/2014Every time we have company from out of state or out of the country we find ourselves dining at Heirloom. It doesn't matter what menu or special items you choose, you can be certain the experience is going to be comparable to any fine dining experience you have had anywhere. The attention to detail in the presentation and the interesting mixing of flavors with the garnishes will be something you will be talking about for a long time. We have already reserved our table for the 13th of September when we will have an author friend here for a book signing as our guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!DandBDined on 8/16/2014I've been wanting to try Heirloom for quite some time and it was everything I expected! The food (tenderloin) was superb and the dessert was purely an unexpected delight-blueberry corn cake cobbler. One of my favorite things was that while the culinary experience is first-rate, the atmosphere was casual and comfortable. A great combination! Can't wait to find another special occasion excuse to return!DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.