Heirloom - Midway
125 East Main Street
Midway, KY 40347Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Heirloom - Midway
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.heirloommidway.com/
- Phone: 8598465565
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Mark Wombles
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Mark Wombles 8598465565
A word from Heirloom - Midway
"Voted Best New Restaurant in the State of KY 2007"- The Lane Report. "Voted Best Fine Dining Restaurant in Lexington Area"- KY Monthly Magazine. Located in the heart of horse country and just 15 minutes from downtown Lexington. Offering an extensive boutique wine list and specializing in eclectic contemporary cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Heirloom - Midway - Best Restaurants in Midway ›
Heirloom - Midway reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (70)special occasion (68)neighborhood gem (54)romantic (43)great for lunch (29)notable wine list (25)hot spot (15)good for groups (11)great for brunch (11)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- JackLemonDined on 9/13/2014This is the Best Restaurant that we have ever eaten at !!! One of the Coolest little towns with a Fantastic Eatery !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2014Great wine suggestion from our waiter. She recommended "bayonette". The beef tenderloin entree was wonderful. And of course, the chicken liver appetizer is always a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- passinthroughVIPDined on 9/6/2014As usual, food was excellent as well as attentive and excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- A not-to-miss restaurant!AppreciategoodfoodDined on 8/30/2014This was our first time at Heirloom, but not our last! The food was delicious and beautifully presented - using locally grown products and highlighting produce at its peak of perfection. The service was impeccable, our server even going above and beyond to make us feel comfortable with staying a little longer with another cup of good coffee when a rain storm started, then providing us an umbrella to use to get to our car. Thank you for an excellent dining experience - we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great evening!Tomcat55Dined on 8/29/2014Cannot beat this restaurant for great food and superior service. The best of the best in the Bluegrass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and servicebillinlexDined on 8/23/2014The entrees were creative and mouth watering The use of fresh fruit with the seafood added an interesting note. Our server was very friendly and helpful with menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than worth the driveLexingtonfoodieVIPDined on 8/19/2014Every time we have company from out of state or out of the country we find ourselves dining at Heirloom. It doesn't matter what menu or special items you choose, you can be certain the experience is going to be comparable to any fine dining experience you have had anywhere. The attention to detail in the presentation and the interesting mixing of flavors with the garnishes will be something you will be talking about for a long time. We have already reserved our table for the 13th of September when we will have an author friend here for a book signing as our guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!DandBDined on 8/16/2014I've been wanting to try Heirloom for quite some time and it was everything I expected! The food (tenderloin) was superb and the dessert was purely an unexpected delight-blueberry corn cake cobbler. One of my favorite things was that while the culinary experience is first-rate, the atmosphere was casual and comfortable. A great combination! Can't wait to find another special occasion excuse to return!DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyable diningAnnofFrankfortDined on 8/16/2014Friends and I went to the Heirloom for lunch to celebrate a birthday. We found the service, food and ambiance outstanding. We recommend highly.Special Features:
- Jim & Vickie Frankfort, KYJimVickie40601Dined on 8/15/2014The Heirloom is our favorite restaurant in the Bluegrass. The food is excellent and the service is wonderful Bo is our favorite server. We particularly enjoy chatting with Chef Mark's father, Mr. Henry Wombles, who always comes by our table when we are there. Both lunch and dinner are as good as it gets. The chicken livers(appetizer) are the best I've ever had, and I'm partial to the beef filet and its marinade. The seafood dishes are also always good, and the warm spinach salad with bacon should not be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food!JAdinesVIPDined on 8/15/2014This remains our favorite in the the Bluegrass area. Ask for a booth for a little privacy. Sometimes gets a little loud due to poor acoustics. Servers are kind and very attentive.Special Features:
- JamieJamieDined on 8/8/2014Dinner was excellent , had a scallop chorizo appetizer that was delicious , I had the special which was a pork tenderloin and smashed potatoes with a sweet corn salsa that was amazing . My girlfriend had the beef tenderloin from the menu which she loved . The restaurant is quaint with excellent service , attentive wait staff on our visit , oh and I might add , the pretzel bread with cinnamon butter was delicious tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For DatesWFUDinerDined on 8/7/2014Heirloom was a great restaurant for a nice date. Great food at a reasonable price. Close to Lexington, but almost feels like you're in Mayberry when you pull into the small town with a train track running down the middle.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Came highly recommended and we were not disappointed. Crab cakes were excellent as was dessert. A great find in tiny Midway.Special Features:
- Delicious diningWanttobeimpressedeaterDined on 8/6/2014For this visit my husband ordered 2 appetizers instead of an entree and he liked them so much he said he would probably do it again on another visit. I had the agnolotti which was a pasta dish and I really enjoyed it also (I consider it a perfect summer entree--very light and refreshing). We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerFoodiesDined on 8/6/2014Service was wonderful - everyone was polite and helpful. Our waiter was awesome in his explanation of the dishes and a great help in our making our decisions. The food was absolutely devine - our compliments to the CHEF - each dish was a wonderful blend of complimentary flavors. One of the BEST places we have eaten in quite some time. Will definitely be BACK!!!!!Special Features:
- worth the driveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014We went here for our first time on a Saturday night during restaurant week. The server was witty and playful, the food was delicious, and the ambiance was energetic. We all had the prix fixe -- gazpacho, scallops, and cinnamon? ice cream. We also threw in an order of fried chicken livers for good measure. The livers were the star of the show, but the scallops were also cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningWanttobeimpressedeaterDined on 8/1/2014We went during the Lexrestaurants summer promotion week and had the $25 special selections. The gazpacho was delicious and the scallop entree was very fresh and great (albeit a little small but we assumed it was because of the deal). We even on Sunday copied that dish at home but used shrimp and it was fantastic. Finding new things to fix at home is one reason we eat out and Restaurant Week gave us a chance to try several places at a fair price without totally blowing the budget. We had such a nice time we have already made reservations for another visit to try the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic gemGathernomossDined on 7/31/2014I loved the setting in the picturesque town of Midway. We even had the train go by a few times to add to the romantic throw back atmosphere. About the restaurant itself, what a lovely place. The food was scrumptious, elegant yet delicious. The staff was great, we were personally greeted by the patron when we came in and when we left. Absolutely recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not enoughmineOKDined on 7/31/2014Not quite enough food for the prices. Very well prepared and great ingredients,,,,but left hungry. The lovely flying saucer plates are very artistic but when the soup bowl holds about 5 tablespoons of soup, I consider it an insult. If it was expensive to make soup like lobster bisque it might be accepted but with inexpensively made Gazpacho...go ahead and give me some soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2014This was quite a gem. We came out for restaurant week and we are already planning our return visit after looking at the menu. The service and ambience were lovely.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningCanningmamaDined on 7/26/2014The crab cake was wonderful and the red snapper my husband chose was awesome. We like to order different dishes and taste something new as we share. The chef's new pretzel bread was brought out as we waited for our order and it came with regular bread, butter and cinnamon butter, a melt in your mouth experience, very nice. Looking forward to our next occasion. Coming here has inspired me further into using more spice and dreams when I cook at home. I can allot of foods and think back on our dinners there, I now mix and match my own sweet/spicy salsas with dishes thinking outside the box like peach,tomato,pineapple with Salmon. Thank you for inspiring me.Special Features:
- JackoVIPDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I absolutely LOVE Heirloom! We drive from Lexington for the amazing food and great service. The spinach salad, chicken livers and beef tenderloin are spectacular! This is our favorite restaurant in Central Kentucky!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingPartTimeFoodieDined on 7/24/2014Midway is cute. The waitstaff seemed unorganized - no one was waiting in front or behind us. The restaurant week preset meal ran out and had to substitute scallops with shrimp. My friends thought both versions were "fine". I had the pea ravioli and thought it was "fine". The restaurant was freezing cold. The wine list was ok. I may have had my expectations too high, but I was underwhelmed with all aspects of Heirloom. It was good/nice/fine atmosphere and food, but was expecting mood music, more professional host/waitstaff and even higher quality of food. I feel that I've had better mid-range food in Lexington, then driving out for "high end" food in Midway.
- I Can't Say Enough Good ThingsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I researched restaurants for our trip to Kentucky that were near the Kentucky Horse Park and selected this one. What amazing luck. This is, hands down, the best restaurant that I have ever eaten at. I had the duck. Not sure why I picked this because I have never had a good experience with duck in the past. Originally I wanted the lamb but they did not have it that night on the menu. My sister had the pasta dish, dad had the livers, and mom had the burger. Everything was amazing. The duck was just like a high end Filet. It was so tender and so well prepared it was amazing. We all shared everything and all the dishes were tops. I think we will travel back to midway one day just to eat at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Farm to table simplicityTheBrokerDined on 7/18/2014The food is simple in its presentation but wonderfully complex in its taste. Most certainly on any foodies top 10 listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentScottVIPDined on 7/17/2014We had a wonderful meal. Both the fish and the duck were excellent. We really enjoy the creativity of the chef and we consider this our favorite restaurant in the Lexington area.Special Features:
- special lunchmusicianDined on 7/17/2014My lunch with my friend and former boss for his retirement was absolutely perfect!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Burger Ever!LillyVIPDined on 7/16/2014The menu was filled with wonderful selections, but I could not resist the burger! It was one of the best I have ever had! Fresh! Good Quality Beef, beautiful tomato! YUM! We did say no to the dessert menu, but as we were walking out we noticed a couple sharing the blueberry cobbler---it looked fantastic!Special Features:
- SatisfyingSusieVIPDined on 7/12/2014We have been several times and always enjoy the food. Service is a little hit or missSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerjaarsmamDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I enjoyed an anniversary meal here and as usual, the meal was perfection. The Berkshire Pork Tenderloin dish is a favorite. Deliciously prepared and presented. The tastes blended so well. We've enjoyed every meal at Heirloom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Treat!PennPalDined on 7/10/2014Good food, great service, interesting specials, charming locale. A bit pricey for everyday dining, except for lunch which is reasonable and different than most lunch menus. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drivejayesnickDined on 7/9/2014We once again ventured away from Lexington for dinner at Heirloom, and once again it was worth the drive. The occasion was our anniversary. It fell on a Wednesday, and of course we had trouble getting out of the office in time. Although they were busy, Heirloom's hostess was very gracious about pushing back our reservation. Our server was pleasantly attentive and recommended a wine that worked well with our menu selections (even better, the bottle was half price because it was Wednesday!). Finally, the food--as usual--consisted of fresh ingredients impeccably prepared; my husband practically licked his plate clean!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichDined on 7/8/2014Fantastic food and service! Will definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love our Heirloom Resturantluv2comeDined on 7/8/2014My best friend introduced me to Heirloom years ago and we have been returning for every birthday and any special occasion!! WE have our favorite booth and have always been able to reserve it every time!!! Thank you very much for you wonderful food and waiters and waitresses!!Special Features:
- Lived Up to ExpectationsAdamDined on 7/5/2014Phenomenal food. Service was good, ambiance is good. The food is fantastic though. The beef tenderloin is the best I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualbb14VIPDined on 7/4/2014Heirloom is one of the best restaurants in central kentucky. The food is second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food in a friendly spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014My boyfriend and I spent a weekend cycling in beautiful Woodford County. Dinner at Heirloom was a special treat! Outstanding food and service in a friendly, neighborhood place. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Limited Lunch MenuMark5555VIPDined on 7/3/2014Heirloom is a lovely restaurant and we enjoy it very much for dinner. I was therefore very disappointed by our lunch time experience. The menu was limited, a couple of salads, a couple of sandwiches and their very rich chicken liver plate. They were not prepared for a holiday weekend lunch so service was slow and bordered on rude. If you want to go to Heirloom, go there for dinner.
- Consistently wonderfuldogwoodDined on 6/17/2014Chef Mark Wombles continues to add beautiful and innovative delights to the menu. Both our entrees were delicious, but the newly added strawberry gazpacho was outstanding. A wonderful mix of tastes and textures. I tried it out of curiosity, but I will have it again for real dining enjoyment. Combined with excellent service, the Heirloom stands out.Special Features: