Heirloom - Midway
125 East Main Street
Midway, KY 40347Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Heirloom - Midway
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.heirloommidway.com/
- Phone: 8598465565
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Mark Wombles
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Mark Wombles 8598465565
A word from Heirloom - Midway
"Voted Best New Restaurant in the State of KY 2007"- The Lane Report. "Voted Best Fine Dining Restaurant in Lexington Area"- KY Monthly Magazine. Located in the heart of horse country and just 15 minutes from downtown Lexington. Offering an extensive boutique wine list and specializing in eclectic contemporary cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Heirloom - Midway - Best Restaurants in Midway ›
Heirloom - Midway reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (74)special occasion (66)neighborhood gem (66)romantic (42)great for lunch (34)notable wine list (30)hot spot (18)good for groups (15)great for brunch (12)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (9)Show More
- joylifeDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant was very cozy. The food was excellent as was the service. A little late seating us, but had a cocktail waiting. The noise level was really loud. After a couple of drinks you won't notice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FooddkajDined on 10/18/2014All our food was very good, the Autumn Bisque was the "Best I've ever had"! The server was very helpful and attentive to our needs. A great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014As one would expect from the reviews this place is a great gem in Midway .They delivered on everything . From the time our party of seven enter the door until we left. Food= fantastic Libations = A+( Bartender suggestions / elixirs ..yum) Waitstaff= Very personable and knowledgeable of menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverDined on 10/17/2014Great lunch before day at Keeneland!! Had the butternut squash soup and the livers. Never knew I liked livers until I had them at Heirloom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot for lunch in lovely townWanderinggardenerDined on 10/17/2014Heirloom is a nice spot for lunch, with very good service and a varied menu. I ordered the crab cake which, while tasty, was coated with grease. The sides were all unhealthy or spicy--jalapeño slaw, which was fresh but just not to my taste(too spicy), and French fries, thin but also extremely greasy.
- Loved it!otterladyVIPDined on 10/16/2014We ate lunch here and loved it so much, we returned for dinner. Their fall squash soup was fantastic! And, it was so nice to be greeted as "Friend"!Special Features:
- Always enjoy HeirloomOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/15/2014Have never been disappointed with menu or service here!Special Features:
- passinthroughVIPDined on 10/11/2014As usual, food and service was exceptional. Lobster BLT was incredibleSpecial Features:
- A Very Nice EveningFinedinerDined on 10/10/2014We were greeted as soon as we arrived. Our waiter was very congenial. Knowledgeable about the extensive wine list. The menu offered a nice selection. The crab cake could have stood as an entree by its size. The squash bisque was delicious. The beef tenderloin and the pork chop were both grilled to perfection. All in all it was a very pleasant evening. We did not feel rushed and enjoyed our food as well as the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal in Midway!BelleDined on 10/7/2014I took a friend here for her birthday. It was the perfect spot. We live about an hour's drive away but so worth the trip. Our waiter, William, was a delight and was very friendly and helped us make the perfect luncheon selections. The fried chicken was the best ever and the root vegetable soup made us both swoon. Will definitely be back. Definitely make reservations as the restaurant only has about 14 tables and I would hate for you not to get in!Special Features:
- Good for the areaDiscerningDined on 10/4/2014For 15 years, while attending the opening Fall weekend at Keeneland, I have been searching desperately for a rewarding dining experience. For the last three trips, we have had dinner at Heirloom. Their menu is anything but run of the mill, the food is quite good, and the waitstaff very knowledgable about the menu. Although it is not the equivalent of fine dinning in NO, NYC, SF, MIA, or LA, it is quite good and the best we have found in the area (we have tried many others and, for the most part, found them lacking).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!KennyDined on 10/3/2014The food was the finest we have had in a long time. Our server went above and beyond in answering our questions on the menu selections. Stays in Kentucky must include a meal at Heirloom!Special Features:
- Incredible!luvthisDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I had dinner here to celebrate a special occasion. We could not have been more impressed or delighted with our meal as we believe it to be the best we have ever had! The food was beautifully prepared and we delighted in the myriad tastes that were so artfully brought together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- passinthroughVIPDined on 9/26/2014Best Shrimp and grits I have ever had, mini rib eye sandwich appetizer was outrageously goodSpecial Features:
- Always a hitTinkerDined on 9/26/2014Never disappointed. There is always something new on the menu and everything is well-prepared and delicious.Special Features:
- special lunchTinkerDined on 9/25/2014Met there last week to catch up with a former colleague. We enjoyed lunch on a beautiful autumn afternoon by sitting outside. The arugula salad is always one of my favorites. The shrimp and grits was some of the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- The BestShelbyVIPDined on 9/24/2014Outstanding as usual! A must if you are in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Always enjoy eating there. Great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014I love this restaurant. I am always satisfied witih the experience.Special Features:
- JackLemonDined on 9/13/2014This is the Best Restaurant that we have ever eaten at !!! One of the Coolest little towns with a Fantastic Eatery !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2014Great wine suggestion from our waiter. She recommended "bayonette". The beef tenderloin entree was wonderful. And of course, the chicken liver appetizer is always a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- passinthroughVIPDined on 9/6/2014As usual, food was excellent as well as attentive and excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- A not-to-miss restaurant!AppreciategoodfoodDined on 8/30/2014This was our first time at Heirloom, but not our last! The food was delicious and beautifully presented - using locally grown products and highlighting produce at its peak of perfection. The service was impeccable, our server even going above and beyond to make us feel comfortable with staying a little longer with another cup of good coffee when a rain storm started, then providing us an umbrella to use to get to our car. Thank you for an excellent dining experience - we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great evening!Tomcat55Dined on 8/29/2014Cannot beat this restaurant for great food and superior service. The best of the best in the Bluegrass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and servicebillinlexDined on 8/23/2014The entrees were creative and mouth watering The use of fresh fruit with the seafood added an interesting note. Our server was very friendly and helpful with menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than worth the driveLexingtonfoodieVIPDined on 8/19/2014Every time we have company from out of state or out of the country we find ourselves dining at Heirloom. It doesn't matter what menu or special items you choose, you can be certain the experience is going to be comparable to any fine dining experience you have had anywhere. The attention to detail in the presentation and the interesting mixing of flavors with the garnishes will be something you will be talking about for a long time. We have already reserved our table for the 13th of September when we will have an author friend here for a book signing as our guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!DandBDined on 8/16/2014I've been wanting to try Heirloom for quite some time and it was everything I expected! The food (tenderloin) was superb and the dessert was purely an unexpected delight-blueberry corn cake cobbler. One of my favorite things was that while the culinary experience is first-rate, the atmosphere was casual and comfortable. A great combination! Can't wait to find another special occasion excuse to return!DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyable diningAnnofFrankfortDined on 8/16/2014Friends and I went to the Heirloom for lunch to celebrate a birthday. We found the service, food and ambiance outstanding. We recommend highly.Special Features:
- Jim & Vickie Frankfort, KYJimVickie40601Dined on 8/15/2014The Heirloom is our favorite restaurant in the Bluegrass. The food is excellent and the service is wonderful Bo is our favorite server. We particularly enjoy chatting with Chef Mark's father, Mr. Henry Wombles, who always comes by our table when we are there. Both lunch and dinner are as good as it gets. The chicken livers(appetizer) are the best I've ever had, and I'm partial to the beef filet and its marinade. The seafood dishes are also always good, and the warm spinach salad with bacon should not be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food!JAdinesVIPDined on 8/15/2014This remains our favorite in the the Bluegrass area. Ask for a booth for a little privacy. Sometimes gets a little loud due to poor acoustics. Servers are kind and very attentive.Special Features:
- JamieJamieDined on 8/8/2014Dinner was excellent , had a scallop chorizo appetizer that was delicious , I had the special which was a pork tenderloin and smashed potatoes with a sweet corn salsa that was amazing . My girlfriend had the beef tenderloin from the menu which she loved . The restaurant is quaint with excellent service , attentive wait staff on our visit , oh and I might add , the pretzel bread with cinnamon butter was delicious tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For DatesWFUDinerDined on 8/7/2014Heirloom was a great restaurant for a nice date. Great food at a reasonable price. Close to Lexington, but almost feels like you're in Mayberry when you pull into the small town with a train track running down the middle.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Came highly recommended and we were not disappointed. Crab cakes were excellent as was dessert. A great find in tiny Midway.Special Features:
- Delicious diningWanttobeimpressedeaterDined on 8/6/2014For this visit my husband ordered 2 appetizers instead of an entree and he liked them so much he said he would probably do it again on another visit. I had the agnolotti which was a pasta dish and I really enjoyed it also (I consider it a perfect summer entree--very light and refreshing). We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerFoodiesDined on 8/6/2014Service was wonderful - everyone was polite and helpful. Our waiter was awesome in his explanation of the dishes and a great help in our making our decisions. The food was absolutely devine - our compliments to the CHEF - each dish was a wonderful blend of complimentary flavors. One of the BEST places we have eaten in quite some time. Will definitely be BACK!!!!!Special Features:
- worth the driveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014We went here for our first time on a Saturday night during restaurant week. The server was witty and playful, the food was delicious, and the ambiance was energetic. We all had the prix fixe -- gazpacho, scallops, and cinnamon? ice cream. We also threw in an order of fried chicken livers for good measure. The livers were the star of the show, but the scallops were also cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningWanttobeimpressedeaterDined on 8/1/2014We went during the Lexrestaurants summer promotion week and had the $25 special selections. The gazpacho was delicious and the scallop entree was very fresh and great (albeit a little small but we assumed it was because of the deal). We even on Sunday copied that dish at home but used shrimp and it was fantastic. Finding new things to fix at home is one reason we eat out and Restaurant Week gave us a chance to try several places at a fair price without totally blowing the budget. We had such a nice time we have already made reservations for another visit to try the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic gemGathernomossDined on 7/31/2014I loved the setting in the picturesque town of Midway. We even had the train go by a few times to add to the romantic throw back atmosphere. About the restaurant itself, what a lovely place. The food was scrumptious, elegant yet delicious. The staff was great, we were personally greeted by the patron when we came in and when we left. Absolutely recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not enoughmineOKDined on 7/31/2014Not quite enough food for the prices. Very well prepared and great ingredients,,,,but left hungry. The lovely flying saucer plates are very artistic but when the soup bowl holds about 5 tablespoons of soup, I consider it an insult. If it was expensive to make soup like lobster bisque it might be accepted but with inexpensively made Gazpacho...go ahead and give me some soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2014This was quite a gem. We came out for restaurant week and we are already planning our return visit after looking at the menu. The service and ambience were lovely.Special Features: