2500 Folsom St
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.heirloom-sf.com/
- Phone: (415) 821-2500
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00 Am - 2:00 Pm; Lunch: Friday: 12:00 Pm - 2:00 Pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00 Pm - 10:00 Pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Californian
- Executive Chef: Matt Straus
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: The Heirloom dining room seats up to 48 people, and the restaurant is available for full or partial buy-outs.
- Private Party Contact: Matt 4158212500x
A word from Heirloom Cafe
Heirloom Cafe is an intimate restaurant with first-quality, day-fresh cuisine and a wine list full of the world's greatest wines, young and old. We're pleased to offer our food and wine and great service at very reasonable prices, and in a very comfortable and simple setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Heirloom Cafe - Best Restaurants in Mission ›
Heirloom Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (86)neighborhood gem (80)notable wine list (45)romantic (42)special occasion (39)good for groups (38)hot spot (14)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/17/2014always excellent and a treat. Good to take guests too, food always original and exciting. The staff makes you feel at home. Nothing is overdone, the atmosphere is vibrant and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/15/2014The restaurant is to dark-it needs better candles or lighting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in sfAlexNDined on 11/11/2014Consistent. Great. Honest food. Fantastic wine list. Excellent staff. Very well run restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific restaurantkurtdismasVIPDined on 11/8/2014consistently excellent food, wonderful service. I just enjoy dining at this place. refined, without being pretentious.Special Features:
- Amazing food and wineMichaelDined on 11/7/2014Their burger might have been one of the best I've ever tasted. The duck and gnocchi were also amazing, as well as the Pumpkin desert. The wines were impressively unique, and really paired well with the entrees. The ambiance was a wonderful balance of spaciousness and coziness, nice lighting and an air of respectability that at the same time doesn't take itself too seriously.Special Features:
- CharmingFoodloverDined on 11/5/2014Recently visited Heirloom and everything was spot on. Loved the bacon onion tart, gnocchi and the frisée salad with poached egg. Our waiter was delightful an fun. Great eveningSpecial Features:
- UnrealWillDined on 10/29/2014This place is so consistently excellent that I don't know why I don't go more often. Delicious food, wine and kind people. Can't endorse it enough.Special Features:
- Just lovely!LulaDined on 10/23/2014This was one of the nicest dinners I've had in SF :-) The food was amazing and the staff is lovely and welcoming. A++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and FriendlybeatieDined on 10/11/2014I celebrated my birthday at heirloom and I really enjoyed food, service and ambiance. Could not have made a better choice! A very nice place, not pretentious, but warm, like being with old friends. The space is open, you can see the cooking staff at work, without being disturbed by smell or temperature. The service is quick, attentive and simpatico. You would more probably expect that gem in Paris ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kicked out of restaurant (!)egluv2dineDined on 10/10/2014Everything was lovely until end of meal, when my party and I were asked to leave the restaurant before we were done so as to make room for another party. We had not taken excessively long to eat. The hostess asked us to leave and said we could sit behind her desk (!) if we wanted to remain. After we were outside, another hostess came out and asked "how can I make this right," which felt a bit awkward as well. After a $200 meal this was an unpleasant ending. My friend, who has been coming here for years, told me that she is never going to return and while I don't feel quite the same way, this episode did feel uncomfortable.
- FantasticBK321Dined on 10/8/2014The food was so clean and fresh - we really enjoyed every course and every dish we tried. The service was fantastic and the wines suggested to us were spot on. We even got to meet the owner! Can't wait to go back next time I am in SFO. If you want clean, hearty food that's good for the body and soul without any of the pretentious attitude you get at some other places, this is the spot! Also, very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mamaSFVIPDined on 9/29/2014Food was great and right portion. Five of us shared a bunch of dishes and three bottles of wine which were good recommendations from our waiter. Out of town friends were very pleased!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2014A pleasant surprise! Food and ambiance were fantastic. Gnocchi was amazing. Pace of service was a little slow, but well worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RT396VIPDined on 9/26/2014Wonderful food typically found with damask white tablecloths without the stress of white tablecloths. Will be back and sending our good friends here in the meantime.Special Features:
- Each Bite is Incrediably Tastey!!rarelydineoutDined on 9/25/2014An clever menu with interesting food combinations in each dish and each ingredient fresh and full of flavor. Three of us shared 5 dishes and each bite was a remarkable treat and taste sensation - and I do mean each bite. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the Best of SFSuzranzDined on 9/24/2014This is my second visit and the food is fresh, creative and with some standards such as the bacon and onion tart - yummy! . We split orders and each course was presented on two separate plates rather than our having to do it ourselves which is always a mess. Such lovely, considerate service. This is the only restaurant of the owner and he's very much present. It really makes a difference. As a New Yorker who visits SF a few times a year - this is definitely on my short list.Special Features:
- Great food, vibrant, service slowMichaelFortLauderdaleVIPDined on 9/23/2014Wonderful, we sat at the bar for dinner and the kitchen staff was so friendly. The food was amazing. Because we sat the bar, the wait service was a bit slow. But the food made up for them.Special Features:
- Alex77VIPDined on 9/19/2014Food is quite good even by SF foodie standards. Place is fun in a rustic, hipster kind of way. Lighting at night is beautiful. Waitstaff were really friendly and helpful. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance, food and serviceEricVIPDined on 9/18/2014It was my second time here and this time, with a small group. The restaurant is small and intimate and the lighting low to give a nice ambiance. The server checked in just the right amount to make sure we had all we needed and never had to look up and wonder where he was. The food was great and suggestions helpful. I would most definitely go back.Special Features:
- Lovely experience every time1lucky13VIPDined on 9/15/2014I visit Heirloom Cafe less than I would like, but always feel welcome and always have a great meal. Monday night we had Scallops, Pole Bean Salad, and super delicious wine. The service was kind, but not overly attentive and the evening was lovely. Heirloom never disappoints!Special Features:
- amazing all aroundoaktownmomVIPDined on 8/30/2014everything was terrific! excellent service, knowledgable staff, fabulous food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food Wine and ValueFormerChicagoResidentVIPDined on 8/30/2014While not in walking distance of main tourist areas just a short ride from Union Square is this Mission neighborhood gem. We expected an amazing wine selection from this award winning wine expert owner but were surprised to discover that the food favors and presentation were of equal outstanding quality. We had the price fixed three course menu which included three excellent white, red, and desert wine pairings. The price with wine was less than comparable menus at other SF fine dining locations that did not include wine. The room is big and rustic and we enjoyed sight lines into the totally open kitchen. We can not wait to return and try some of the interesting a la carte items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- among the best in SFheartyVIPDined on 8/30/2014wARM, HOSPITABLE,COMFORTABLE,WITH FOOD TO MATCH. iNTERESTING WINES THAT WILL CHALLENGE THE EONOPHILESpecial Features:
- A delightful surpriseSusanDined on 8/23/2014We knew nothing about it but it was a convenient location for a performance we were attending so we decided to give it a try. We liked everything about it starting with an especially delicious corn soup. It is attractive, one can carry on a conversation, the service was attentive and professional, and every dish excellent. We will definitely return as well as recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would recommendWelltravelleddinerDined on 8/21/2014Starter and main very nice, dessert was good but not quite up to the level of the first two courses. Bill was reasonable, atmosphere good, some wines looked a bit pricey for quality level but I would go back as would my fellow diner who is quite a foodie.
- Get the burgerjeannersDined on 8/20/2014Heirloom's burger is the best burger I've ever had. Everyone in SF should be talking about it, and people should be coming from miles away to try it. Amazing!Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/11/2014Wonderful food, service, and ambiance. Fresh quality ingredients. Loved the bacon onion tart, scallops, steak, and pasta. A big hit with everyone at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great farm to table menualexVIPDined on 8/9/2014Very fresh ingredients and inspiring menu. Everything was so good. This is a small restaurant but great for groups as they have a community tables. However we were a party of 3 and had to share it with another group. Not private enough for a romantic dinner or special occasion but great with friends! I'm looking forward to their fall menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodart53Dined on 8/9/2014Most of the dishes we tried were outstanding (especially the tomato/fennel/feta salad and the spigarello). Service was very good. Charming little neighborhood spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniquejoefireDined on 8/5/2014Food is unique in its quality and simplicity, wine is unique in the manner it complements the food and drives the menu, service is unique in its sensitivity to the customer and its lack of pretence - loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful secretOaklandfoodieVIPDined on 8/4/2014The pasta is always outstanding. The bavette steak and the scallops are both memorable. Great selection of moderately priced wines by the glass. The lighting could improved to make it a little cozier, but the service and the food are so good that it's hard to stay away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hit and a missExchicagoanVIPDined on 8/1/2014Really enjoyed the food, but service and ambience details can be improved. Chair upholstery was old and uncomfortable, and acoustics for a small location made it necessary to talk loudly--not what you want to do at a communal table. Server brought a complimentary olive and almond appetizer but no plates or anything else to deposit olive pits. People stood behind our chairs waiting for us to leave, which the hostess should have prevented. Expected better for. A SF restaurant .
- margieVIPDined on 8/1/2014We thought the food was excellent. I think they could give more attention to the wine list.Special Features:
- Love, love itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014Authentic friendliness, delicious seasonal food, warm inviting space. Exterior doesn't prepare you for how great the dining room/bar is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/28/2014I love this place. The menu is compact but interesting. The flavors are bright and balanced. The ingredients fresh and novel. The ambiance is perfect for those who love food but aren't in need of a scene. The service is always solid with the waitstaff being attentive and very knowledgeable about the food and wine.
- More than a newghborhood gemJenTVIPDined on 7/28/2014Heirloom Cafe offers creative and flavorful dishes in the new American style at affordable prices. The wine list is interesting, being composed mostly of foreign wines, but wines chosen to pair well with food. Service by the hostess left much to be desired, but the wait staff and attention by the owner made up for that. The restaurant feels like dining in someones Victorian home and is located in a quiet neighborhood. I'll definitely keep returning to Heirloom Cafe.Special Features:
- Best mealJanaDined on 7/23/2014Every time I eat here I'm always blown away by how delicious the food is. This is a great spot for date nights and for foodies.Special Features:
- The following 428 reviews are from the Heirloom Cafe reviews archive.
- megkDined on 7/21/2014The best dinner EVER - fresh farm-to-table food, perfectly cooked steak and excellent wine list.Special Features:
- Lovely, lovely!MsueDined on 7/18/2014What a treat! A very special restaurant in a cute setting with tasty food and good service. We enjoyed our dining experience very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MferVIPDined on 7/14/2014Always friendly with imaginative taste pairings. The burrata -- to die for ! Too they aren't open on Sunday our normal Dining out nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.