2903 Lyndale Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55408Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.heidismpls.com/
- Phone: 6123543512
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: Brunch 11:00am - 2:00pm, Dinner 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stewart Woodman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: We can accommodate parties up to 14 in a private room.
A word from Heidi's Minneapolis
Since opening its doors in 2007, Heidi’s Minneapolis has been a dining destination for locals and tourists alike. Owned by husband-and-wife team Stewart and Heidi Woodman, the restaurant’s ever-changing menu is known for its astonishing creativity and remarkable simplicity. The intimate restaurant, which was awarded four stars by the Star Tribune, has mastered the task of offering delicious, upscale cuisine at affordable prices. In addition to being named Best New Chef by Food & Wine Magazine in 2006, Stewart has received a great deal of critical acclaim nationwide for his culinary talents and impressive skills. Open for dinner Tuesday – Sunday and brunch on Sundays, this contemporary American restaurant can accommodate private parties of up to fourteen, making it the perfect location for any special event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Heidi's Minneapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
- A Great FarewellpadonandDined on 10/20/2013Little did I know that I'd be getting in just under the wire before Heidi's closing. While it will be missed, the restaurant week menu was a fitting send-off. Mouthwatering mussel & lobster bisque to start, and the amazing, classic lamb shank as the main course. No need for a knife, the succulent flavors melted in the mouth. Excellent wine suggestions from off the beaten path as well, paired with enjoyable commentary/conversation on the beverage front. I wish Stuart, Heidi & all the staff well!Special Features:
- good time for 3.0kitchenquweenDined on 10/20/2013we have always been a fan since the 50th st days (around the corner from us) I think the Woodmans' are spot on in the plan for a re-launch. everything was well prepared and nicely presented on our most recent visit but lacked a bit of the "sparkle" we have come to love (and expect) we will continue to patronize this version, however but excitedly look forward to the upcoming revampSpecial Features:
- Food and service was wonderful.DonnaDined on 10/19/2013Food and service was wonderful. First class. Romantic depending on the table you choose .Parking is difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningValerieDined on 10/18/2013We went for the "pre-theater" three course menu. Very pleased with the options, delicious and waiter's wine pairing was spot on.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband & I are not foodiesChristiDined on 10/17/2013My husband & I are not foodies so I was hesitant - I have been to places the foodie rave about & found the food to be oddly lacking flavor, over-priced & a disappointment. We were not disappointed. To start, we had the Ranch Salad & Mussel Soup. The salad was excellent, perfectly dressed with each piece of lettuce coated & actually bite-sized, the beets were lovely & paired well with the other flavors. The soup fine, but a smaller portion in a very large bowl, cooled very quickly. The Succotash Crepe & Lamb Shank entrees were both good. The succotash was a nice vegetarian option. The lamb was fall-off-the-bone tender and excellent. Deserts in my opinion were just OK. Pace was a little on the slow side. Service was friendly and competent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfying, special dinnerUptownPatronDined on 10/16/2013We came in with high expectations, and we're very happy. Amazing, delicious food. Helpful, attentive service by a great team. It all was first class. Hope to repeat often. Next up: brunch. Restaurant Week is coming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have a meal before they closeNPfoodieVIPDined on 10/16/2013I love this place. I have never had a bad meal here. The lamb is fantastic. The wait staff is very helpful. Eat at Heidi's before 12/31Special Features:
- Incredible dinnerMollyDined on 10/12/2013I can't remember a more flavorful or delicious dinner! Great service too!Special Features:
- A wonderful dining experience everybobaDined on 10/12/2013We have dined at Heidi's a number of times and we go there knowing we will have an experience to remember We are sad to hear 2.0 will close the end of the year but will look forward to 3.0. Why do we go to Heidi's - the food is always a feat for the tastes, textures and eyes The 4 course menu makes it hard to choose what to try, the waitress was a great help on the choices. My wide and I each made different selections so we could taste as many things as possible, from the bites to the dessert each choice was delicious. my main course of sous vide duck breast with coffee sauce was the most tender and flavorful duck I have ever eaten anywhere! Stuart's commitment to to delivering an great experience , Hurry up 3.0!Special Features:
- Great food!stevelisleDined on 10/12/2013Especially loved the Lobster papardelle small plate. Would go back for that in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come back soonewoldjrDined on 10/12/2013Had the pre-theater dining menu. The lamb shank, slad and chocolate dessert was all superb. The chocolate dessert with the mint sorbet, chocolate crumbles and berry swirl was the best one I've had for years. I'm anxious to see what you will do next year since the current location is closing end of 2013. Come back soon--i promise to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less isn't always morefoodiemamaDined on 10/11/2013The ambience is vibrant and eclectic, but the food doesn't reflect the same energy. The flavors were generally more classic. The mushroom app was amazing, earthy, buttery. The "beet" salad was depressingly light on beets (3 paper thin slices), and for $14 could have included more of the crunchy onions- the best part. The cheese plate and its pairings were tasty, but the portions were spare, and accompanying jams even spare-er. The cauliflower dish was the high-light: citrus-y and creamy. The lamb shank was delicious, though the risotto alongside was more runny than creamy. The cocktails were conceptually intriguing, but in reality too rich, too sweet. Heidi's is holding back too much in many places, and needs more restraint in others.Special Features:
- Just Whoa.....TroyDined on 10/5/2013Just moved to Uptown from the lunacy that is Tx, and since we left all the friends behind I needed a perfect place to take my wife for her Birthday and everything about it was indeed 'perfect'. The wine : Perfect Duck Confit sur Brioche : somehow beyond Perfect Lobster Pappardelle : Perfect Rum Ice Cream: PerfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, service slooooowNickDined on 10/5/2013Overall the experience was good. The food, we had the 4 course meal, was very good although the time between courses was noticably long. Understandibly the courses should be spread out but 2.5 hrs is a little long for dinner. We arrived early, so we could have a drink at the bar, checked in for 8:00PM reservation. We were not seated until 8:15PM which 15 minutes wasn't a big deal but no one appologized for the delay. Once seated, we were able to order our food and drinks fairly quickly but that is where the attentiveness stopped. There must have been a water shortage that night because it was nearly impossible to get someone to fill our water glasses. To top of the evening our check was double what is was supposed to be, but was corrected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightfully DeliciousJammerDined on 10/5/2013The meal was outstanding. Food selection was good. The four course was perfect. Waitress knowledgeable and nice. The pickled beef tongue was really tasty. Melted in your mouth.Lamb shank oh so good. Deserts could have been a bit more exciting. Wine list good. We brought friends for their first visit and they can't wait to go back. Great dinning experience.Special Features:
- Heidi's tasting menuhoopsDined on 10/5/2013We chose the four course tasting menu and had eight delicious dishes. The scallop was tender and the rosemary foam was a revelation! The duck and lamb shank were delicious and very tender. It was a great way to explore the menu. We will go again.Special Features:
- Good, but not greatBCCHikerDined on 10/4/2013We consider Heidi's a good place for special occasions, but the food this time was not quite as good as previous times we've visited. We were also a bit disappointed with the service. Even though our reservation was at 8:00, and they could not be expecting to seat anyone at our table after us, we felt that the server was rushing us. She cleared plates away before all of our group was finished with that course. That made the slow one feel pressured. In my book, that's rude service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ImpressedRitaDined on 10/3/2013Over the years from the old location to this new one, my husband, adult son and I have kept returning because the food is truly impressive and the drinks great. Now there is a group of 5 of us who try to go 3-4 times a year and are always so delighted. The new menu layout with the 4 courses to select choices among or choose among those same items a la carte is so helpful. We used to have to guess the ability for spending for a 7 course tasting menu for all in a party. This made it so easy but a gastronomic adventure to watch each other's choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmospherestrappeDined on 10/2/2013Everything was delicious. Had a nice romantic evening to celebrate our 20th anniversary. The staff was excellent and gave us an anniversary surprise. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Experiencemissshelli2Dined on 10/1/2013We went to Heidi's later than usual diners. The food, ambiance, service was amazing. Each of us had something different and felt the same way. They stayed open with no problem or pressure until we leisurely completed after dinner drinks. I only wish they had the chocolate dessert with mint sorbet available when we ordered it. We definitely will go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedunhappy1Dined on 9/28/2013Worst service we've ever had. Staff and maitre' de had a real attitude. Promised to serve our food at 7:10 as a pre-theater dinner, and even after politely asking them TWICE the food didn't arrive until 7:50. We had tickets to Jungle Theatre at 8pm! We had to gobble down our dinners in 5 minutes!!! TERRIBLE!!!! There were no apologies made! All six of us said, despite a delicious tasting meal, would never go back!Special Features:
- Least co$tly four star restaurant.JayronDined on 9/28/2013We enjoyed their four course offering @ $48. With lot's of selections in four categories. We were seated next to the tree. We liked that. Good view of the kitchen too. That was interesting. All in all, very enjoyable. J&RSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent value for the $.hawkeyeDined on 9/27/2013Great 4 course tasting menu (48$) which was very reasonable and was really tasty. All three of us had different choices and were excellent. Service very good and wine list was reasonable. Only draw back, which was really minor, was the decor. A little funky and didn't fit the food , I think, but not a deterrent. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- The BEST- My favLPHaugenDined on 9/26/2013I cannot say enough about Heidi's. I am NEVER dissappointed here. If you want to taste some amazing, creative cuisine that surprises you bite after bite. This is the place to go. The Mushroom Ragout is still in my mind. i am going to go back and sit at the bar with a glass of wine and order just that. So amazing. The rest of our meal was awesome too, and every time before I have left Heidi's deeply satisfied with my experience. Bravo!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leisurely, pricey, deliciousEcoguyDined on 9/26/2013For an anniversary or other special occasion, this is a great spot. The food was delicious and beautifully presented, but it all played out over almost 2 hours for me to have 2 appetizers, although my wife order the 4-course dinner.Special Features:
- Fun for a small birthday crew!ParkFoodieDined on 9/24/2013We were treated like very special guests from the start. The host was kind, ensured we had all we wanted, and even gave each of the birthday trio of guests a happy birthday card with $20 off our next visit. Very cool. The food was delightful, perfectly plated, and unique in taste and flare. Just a fun night, at a place that let us linger without a rush. Even better was the host went and put money in the meter for us. Talk about service. Great place to eat, drink and be merry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with the starsmariaDined on 9/24/2013Our dinner on a warm Tuesday evening was lovely. We sat outside; had great service (Steven) and wonderful food. Can't wait to try some of the other offerings. It's an expensive experience, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVELY LOCAL SPOTSmoothDined on 9/20/2013We have wanted to go to Heidi's and when we finally did we weren't disappointed. The food was excellent and the service, though a tad slow was friendly and helpful. The noise level wasn't bad though I could see it being a bit too much if there was a full house and a younger crowd. The only down side was the price - a bit pricey, but but not out of line with other good gourmet restaurants so we felt we got good value.Special Features:
- ExcellentfloobitDined on 9/17/2013Eating at Heidi's is an intellectual experience for me. They provide unexpected flavors and flavor combinations that almost always work well together. They are especially talented in fish dishes. Everything they fix is excellent, but the fish does stand out from other similarly priced restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Both my husband and I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/15/2013Both my husband and I had the halibut which was very good but was a very small portion for the price. Also was served in a cream sauce which was not mentioned when asked how it was prepared. Will probably not return because Mpls has quite a number of good restaurants.
- We were there to celebrateouttolunchDined on 9/14/2013We were there to celebrate a birthday and chose the tasting menu. It was fantastic and would have made any occasion seem special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was up to par, service poorOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2013Our first Heidi's experience. We went for dinner on a Thursday night. Heidi's bartender was knowledgeable and engaging. Great start ... until we were seated. We were not attended to for at least 10 minutes (thank goodness we had drinks from the bar), not even eye contact or an acknowledgement while we struggled to get any service. Our server appeared and shared that there was confusion over "who had our table." She was very friendly, but MIA for most of our meal. Water glasses sat empty, drink orders not filled, etc. Thanks goodness we ordered the tasting menu, so our order was placed up front. The food was good, but our service experience was not indicative of a well rated restaurant with Heidi's price point. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Outstanding, as ususal!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/10/2013You can always count on Heidi's for an amazing meal and wonderful service. Everything was perfect !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingcal9Dined on 9/10/2013the 7 course dinner was amazing....the flavors were outstanding......each course left us wanting more! The service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another sublime experience!terryDined on 9/10/2013Tried the pre-show menu before attending The Jungle. I was superlative! The food and service are unparalleled.Special Features:
- The four course dinner menuChefMateVIPDined on 9/8/2013The four course dinner menu had nice variety and good value. Nice to have the ala carte option which my husband selected. Lovely flavor combinations and reasonable portion sizes make this one of our favorite local restaurants. It was the first time for our guest and she was impressed by both the cuisine and decor. Lovely place to celebrate.Special Features:
- Innovative, great flavors!lacosechaVIPDined on 9/8/2013Sunday brunch for five was excellent. The dishes are fresh and innovative, with great ingredients and flavors. The portions were just right (not too big!); and the prices were very fair - $110 for five including bottle of prosecco and separate glass of wine. We'll definitely come back for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creative food - once it arrivedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/7/2013Celebrating several birthdays, our group of six had a 7:45pm reservation on a Saturday. We were seated on time and several of us ordered the 4-course menu. It was 10:30pm before we received course three! Several in our party had to leave - it really put a damper on the evening. We learned as we were going that they had a Chef's Table group of 10 doing a 13-course dinner (130 plates). I wish they hadn't accepted our reservation if they weren't able to handle us. Another suggestion - turn-up the lights just a bit so diners can read the menu and see the beautiful food. Our entire table had to view both with the flashlight apps on our iPhones - so much for the ambience. A positive note - I loved the scallop.Special Features:
- I miss 50th & BryantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/7/2013The new Heidi's (although not so new anymore) presents a much different atmosphere than its former niche space in SW Minneapolis. A bit larger, a lot flashier and less cozy...Heidi's still offers a creative menu with excellent presentation. But the rent at the new location must be higher...for the portions are smaller. Dessert was the only part of the presentation that fell short of expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite and yet casual.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2013What a wonderful birthday celebration this was. The creativity and preparation of food is like n other in the Twin Cities. The portion look small, but after one bite you begin to smile from side to side filled up your stomach. It's always a pleasure to come here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.