9201 East Lake Hefner Pkwy
Oklahoma City, OK 73120Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hefnergrill.com/
- Phone: (405) 748-6113
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm Sunday: 10:30am - 9:00pm *Brunch is served Sunday from 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private lake-front room offering a full view of the sunset. The room will seat 55 people comfortably. A banquet menu will be available upon request. A perfect room for all occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Greenwood 4057486113
A word from Hefner Grill
We offer an intimate yet casual dining experience accompanied by the best view in Oklahoma City! Hefner Grill is the perfect location for any occasion whether it is a prompt lunch with co-workers, a rehearsal dinner or an intimate dinner for two. Our menu boasts a wide variety of favorites, from hand – cut steaks and fresh seafood to signature salads, it’s sure to please any palate. All this paired with a knowledgeable and courteous staff; Hefner Grill will make you feel miles away.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Hefner Grill - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
Hefner Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (69)special occasion (51)romantic (35)great for outdoor dining (33)good for groups (29)great for brunch (23)great for lunch (19)fit for foodies (15)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (10)notable wine list (9)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (7)Show More
- Nice and romantic..LivinlifeDined on 11/21/2014The service was great with the food following suit. Very nice view even after dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice Sunday brunchKenWDined on 11/16/2014We had a group of 10 but we were very well taken care of and the food was excellent. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbiDebbiDined on 11/15/2014This is one of our favorite places. Food consistently good, service always friendly and good. Would always recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Seafood and More!CheatsheetVIPDined on 11/15/2014We go to this restaurant often. Although known for it's seafood, my husband ordered a fillet and it was very good. My friends also like the pan fried chicken:) as for me, I most always get the fried shrimp which is butterflied but shrimp are a nice size & really good! The coconut shrimp are very good also. The wine choices are not wonderful, but the cocktails are great - Cosmos and Perfect Margaritas - yum! We especially enjoyed the live entertainment - the singer was terrific! They have a enclosed patio overlooking Lake Hefner. Good restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It has been a while.......DavidVIPDined on 10/29/2014We've not had dinner at the Hefner Grill for quite sometime and it did not disappoint. Fish and chips; fried chicken; fish tacos and blacken tilapia were our selections. The fish tacos were excellent and I would certainly recommend them. The tilapia was not as good as we've had before. The others were good too but nothing to get too excited about. Overall it was a good dinner with good friends and we will be back.
- OKCgalabouttownDined on 10/23/2014Food, view and service wonderful. Sunset there spectacular. Entertained DC guests and they were impressed with pecan crusted trout and fried chicken. Wonderful evening!Special Features:
- romancekinGDined on 10/15/2014This place is fantastic for a romantic date night, or just a regular dinner night. The food is absolutely amazing, and I have not had anything bad there. I would recommend this place to anyone. Also, the outside patio is just beautiful at sunset, and on a cool night!! With a little bit of planning, you could make a night for two into a special, romantic evening that will guarantee a fun night when you get home!! ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- experiencedeliciousDined on 10/11/2014I look forward to eating there again soon. The food was delicious! I was pleasantly surprised!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!!ems301Dined on 10/3/2014I loved our experience!!!! We had crab cakes and calamari for the appetizers. They were both wonderful. My husband had fried chicken and I had the pork chop. Those were soooooo good!!! Beverages were also good. Try the pink diamond!!! We had two people wait on us and they were bothe wonderful! They took very good care of us! Thanks for a great night out!! We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very WeakBluebird5Dined on 9/29/2014What's with the pepper? Too much pepper on Cesar salad...very strong. Same with squash Rockefeller and it was very, very dry. Crab bisque was very good, but was the only offering that evening for soup. Window shades drawn although the sun was not a problem at the time of day. Isn't the view the purpose of the prices? Area was just worn.....restaurant just worn out. Servers communicated with each other by yelling across restaurant. Will not be back.
- Can't beat it for food, view, jazzGusPVIPDined on 9/27/2014We were fortunate to be there when the Justin Echols combo was playing. GREAT MUSIC. Great food and service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeBirthdayBliss2014Dined on 9/26/2014We had a wonderful experience for a birthday celebration for two. The food was superb! We split an entree because the portions are very large and generous. It was plenty to satisfy for the two of us. Seafood is excellent and the grilled pork chops were juicy, tender, and thick. Then there was a cool jazz band playing in the background while we enjoyed our night out together. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view, very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014If you get a table with a view, it's worth it. Two man band was outstanding, played smooth jazz at a respectable level. Everyone else in the restaurant tried to outdo each other, seeing who could be the loudest. Having a quiet conversation at your own table was nearly impossible. Made a the reservation with a special request for a view of the Lake and the lighthouse and told the restaurant it was our 13th wedding anniversary. Great table, would have been special if they at least acknowledged our special night. Told the waitress we were in no hurry, food came out very quickly. The food was very tasty, and good sized portions. I would go back, maybe not I on the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably won't be back.DisappointedDined on 9/19/2014waiter was MIA & after food delivered we didn't see him; had to ask for check. the bar = extremely noisy. Bad decision to stay. We had reservations, so I really don't "get" why we were seated in the bar area. Ribs = good, mashed potatoes were semi warm and quite lumpy. Salmon undercooked. This was a birthday celebration and all in all, it didn't feel special at all. We probably will NOT be back.
- Hefner Grill has a GREAT VIEWPeterAIIIDined on 9/14/2014Just about every table has a view of the lake, thanks to tiered seating and a wall of windows. Go at sunset for a great experience as the sun sets over the lake!Special Features:
- Love, love, love this place!mmcga79Dined on 9/14/2014This is my favorite restaurant for Sunday brunch. Live piano, great food, great views!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is Wonderful!BielDined on 9/7/2014Had brunch with friends on Sept. 7. First time having brunch at Hefner Grill for all four of us. Each of us raved about the food we ordered. Zak, our server, was outstanding and not hovering or obtrusive. We recommend, in no particular order, the enchiladas, eggs benedict, the chicken salad and the Caesar salad. No matter, however; you will have great food (and lots of it), a wonderful view, if you are overlooking the lake, and servers who know what they are doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewFlyDocDined on 9/6/2014If you want the best view of Lake Hefner in OKC, then Hefner Grill is the place. There are some great seats that look out onto the Lake and give a great view of the Sunsets. The food is very tasty. The Service is VERY GOOD. The prices are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKC GemOKredbudDined on 9/4/2014Really good service, food was certainly above average and the location is first class.Special Features:
- Perfect for guestsGoodhostDined on 8/30/2014It was the perfect spot to take guests from out of town. They loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceSniggubDined on 8/29/2014The wait staff was friendly and knowledgeable. We had three types of shrimp that were all outstanding. The portions were perfect, and the right temperature and the wine selection was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Food is always exceptional. Some items are a little pricey, but plates are always enough food for two to share. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hefner grillRetteDined on 8/24/2014Food was great and so was the view! The staff was friendly and accommodating. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Delightful & deliciousLooking4delishDined on 8/22/2014The food at Hefner Grill was quite good. In our party of 4, each of us ordered a different entree & shared w/one another. It was hard to decide if we liked the ribs or pork chop the best. However, I think we decided to give a nod to the ribs, which were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eveningMerlineDined on 8/22/2014Great view, great food, great service! And using Open Table to make a reservation was the way to go on a crowded Friday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PlannerDined on 8/22/2014Large booths are great for parties of 5 or more. Much more cozy than having to pull two tables together and having all that extra unoccupied space. Everyone gets to view the lakeside sunset instead of half the group having their back to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than generous portions!luvthegrillDined on 8/17/2014Food was great...portions too generous for senior citizens with smaller appetites. Our party had two brunch items, cedar plank salmon, fish tacos, crab cake appetizer and one had a variety of sides. No one had any complaints...it was all delicious. Service was excellent. The person who ordered the fried okra side and the bowl of gumbo raved about them. Our booth overlooking the lake made it perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinner for twoShameless24Dined on 8/16/2014I took my fiancé for a romantic dinner. It could not have been better. The food was fantastic, the wait staff was excellent, the ambiance was superb, the live music was mood setting. Thank you!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Great dining experience; excellent food, great service, and reasonable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time was excellent!!bharwellDined on 8/16/2014We just moved to OKC and decided to try a lakeside restaurant. Our experience was really great. We had a table looking over the lake. The food was spectacular and the live music was relaxing. Afterward we walked down the lake for a relaxing time after dinner. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is excellent--alwaysGMaJanDined on 8/15/2014Coconut shrimp is the best I have ever eaten! Love it.Special Features:
- Good Food, Great ViewMominatorDined on 8/15/2014The food was very good, the view of the lake was outstanding and the service was very good, but almost overbearing. We felt very rushed as the server asked us every couple of minutes if we were ready to order, then every couple of minutes during our appetizers they kept trying to take our plates while we were clearly still eating and others kept coming by every couple of minutes to ask how the food was, if we needed anything etc., and this continued through dinner. Don't misunderstand, they were very nice, but it was a rare date night for us and we couldn't even get through a conversation without being interrupted. We'd go back again though, maybe during a less busy time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!ANITADined on 8/15/2014As always, the fish & chips were amazing. I tried the seafood enchiladas and they had just the right amount of spice. Delicious!!Special Features:
- luvtheviewDined on 8/13/2014We have dined at this restaurant several times for special occasions and just a nice relaxing evening out. We have always had great service, the staff is very friendly and attentive. The food is always very good and served in an appealing way. I have recommended this place to several of my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picky1OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Arrived 15 minutes early for reservation. Seated immediately. Food server at table immediately and introduced herself. Evening went smoothly. Our first time at Hefner Grill and it won't be our last. Great food, beautiful view of lake and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBellyFullDined on 8/5/2014One of my favorite places to go on OKC! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traveling family impressedWannabeeEscoffierDined on 8/2/2014It is not often we can get our 3 Dr. children together. They are well traveled as are we. 3 of us are real foodies. We all agreed it was a great evening. Very good food. Our daughter felt her ribeye steak was better than Mickey Mantles or Mahogany here. Our server was attentive but not intrusive. Our 2 oyster addicts were impressed with their tray of fresh oysters. In short a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversery DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014It was a great place to eat for our anniversary. There was a live jazz band, and a great view of Hefner Lake. Food was great and the desserts were huge.Special Features:
- The following 520 reviews are from the Hefner Grill reviews archive.
- Great food, great serviceMissKittyDined on 7/27/2014Went to Hefner Grill with out of town family for Sunday brunch. Everything was excellent. My family from Dallas was impressed and thay are usually fairly critical. The Eggs Benedict, Eggs Baltimore and Fried Green Tomatoes were especially yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fish & chips in OKCANITADined on 7/25/2014As always, my husband ordered the fish & chips and was sorry he didn't share with me. the portions are HUGE!! My favorite, Key Lime Pie is always good. Bar was busy due to a class reunion, but our table was facing the water, on the lower level, which got us away form most of the bar chatter. Alesha is a great server!!Special Features: