9201 East Lake Hefner Pkwy
Oklahoma City, OK 73120Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hefnergrill.com/
- Phone: 4057486113
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm Sunday: 10:30am - 9:00pm *Brunch is served Sunday from 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private lake-front room offering a full view of the sunset. The room will seat 55 people comfortably. A banquet menu will be available upon request. A perfect room for all occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Greenwood 4057486113
A word from Hefner Grill
We offer an intimate yet casual dining experience accompanied by the best view in Oklahoma City! Hefner Grill is the perfect location for any occasion whether it is a prompt lunch with co-workers, a rehearsal dinner or an intimate dinner for two. Our menu boasts a wide variety of favorites, from hand – cut steaks and fresh seafood to signature salads, it’s sure to please any palate. All this paired with a knowledgeable and courteous staff; Hefner Grill will make you feel miles away.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Hefner Grill - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
Hefner Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (106)special occasion (78)romantic (50)great for outdoor dining (48)great for lunch (37)good for groups (33)great for brunch (29)fit for foodies (25)hot spot (16)neighborhood gem (16)vibrant bar scene (12)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (4)Show More
- Hefner Grill has a GREAT VIEWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Just about every table has a view of the lake, thanks to tiered seating and a wall of windows. Go at sunset for a great experience as the sun sets over the lake!Special Features:
- Love, love, love this place!mmcga79Dined on 9/14/2014This is my favorite restaurant for Sunday brunch. Live piano, great food, great views!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is Wonderful!BielDined on 9/7/2014Had brunch with friends on Sept. 7. First time having brunch at Hefner Grill for all four of us. Each of us raved about the food we ordered. Zak, our server, was outstanding and not hovering or obtrusive. We recommend, in no particular order, the enchiladas, eggs benedict, the chicken salad and the Caesar salad. No matter, however; you will have great food (and lots of it), a wonderful view, if you are overlooking the lake, and servers who know what they are doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewFlyDocDined on 9/6/2014If you want the best view of Lake Hefner in OKC, then Hefner Grill is the place. There are some great seats that look out onto the Lake and give a great view of the Sunsets. The food is very tasty. The Service is VERY GOOD. The prices are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKC GemOKredbudDined on 9/4/2014Really good service, food was certainly above average and the location is first class.Special Features:
- Perfect for guestsGoodhostDined on 8/30/2014It was the perfect spot to take guests from out of town. They loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceSniggubDined on 8/29/2014The wait staff was friendly and knowledgeable. We had three types of shrimp that were all outstanding. The portions were perfect, and the right temperature and the wine selection was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Food is always exceptional. Some items are a little pricey, but plates are always enough food for two to share. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hefner grillRetteDined on 8/24/2014Food was great and so was the view! The staff was friendly and accommodating. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Delightful & deliciousLooking4delishDined on 8/22/2014The food at Hefner Grill was quite good. In our party of 4, each of us ordered a different entree & shared w/one another. It was hard to decide if we liked the ribs or pork chop the best. However, I think we decided to give a nod to the ribs, which were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eveningMerlineDined on 8/22/2014Great view, great food, great service! And using Open Table to make a reservation was the way to go on a crowded Friday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PlannerDined on 8/22/2014Large booths are great for parties of 5 or more. Much more cozy than having to pull two tables together and having all that extra unoccupied space. Everyone gets to view the lakeside sunset instead of half the group having their back to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than generous portions!luvthegrillDined on 8/17/2014Food was great...portions too generous for senior citizens with smaller appetites. Our party had two brunch items, cedar plank salmon, fish tacos, crab cake appetizer and one had a variety of sides. No one had any complaints...it was all delicious. Service was excellent. The person who ordered the fried okra side and the bowl of gumbo raved about them. Our booth overlooking the lake made it perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinner for twoShameless24Dined on 8/16/2014I took my fiancé for a romantic dinner. It could not have been better. The food was fantastic, the wait staff was excellent, the ambiance was superb, the live music was mood setting. Thank you!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Great dining experience; excellent food, great service, and reasonable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time was excellent!!bharwellDined on 8/16/2014We just moved to OKC and decided to try a lakeside restaurant. Our experience was really great. We had a table looking over the lake. The food was spectacular and the live music was relaxing. Afterward we walked down the lake for a relaxing time after dinner. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is excellent--alwaysGMaJanDined on 8/15/2014Coconut shrimp is the best I have ever eaten! Love it.Special Features:
- Good Food, Great ViewMominatorDined on 8/15/2014The food was very good, the view of the lake was outstanding and the service was very good, but almost overbearing. We felt very rushed as the server asked us every couple of minutes if we were ready to order, then every couple of minutes during our appetizers they kept trying to take our plates while we were clearly still eating and others kept coming by every couple of minutes to ask how the food was, if we needed anything etc., and this continued through dinner. Don't misunderstand, they were very nice, but it was a rare date night for us and we couldn't even get through a conversation without being interrupted. We'd go back again though, maybe during a less busy time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!ANITADined on 8/15/2014As always, the fish & chips were amazing. I tried the seafood enchiladas and they had just the right amount of spice. Delicious!!Special Features:
- luvtheviewDined on 8/13/2014We have dined at this restaurant several times for special occasions and just a nice relaxing evening out. We have always had great service, the staff is very friendly and attentive. The food is always very good and served in an appealing way. I have recommended this place to several of my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picky1OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Arrived 15 minutes early for reservation. Seated immediately. Food server at table immediately and introduced herself. Evening went smoothly. Our first time at Hefner Grill and it won't be our last. Great food, beautiful view of lake and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBellyFullDined on 8/5/2014One of my favorite places to go on OKC! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traveling family impressedWannabeeEscoffierDined on 8/2/2014It is not often we can get our 3 Dr. children together. They are well traveled as are we. 3 of us are real foodies. We all agreed it was a great evening. Very good food. Our daughter felt her ribeye steak was better than Mickey Mantles or Mahogany here. Our server was attentive but not intrusive. Our 2 oyster addicts were impressed with their tray of fresh oysters. In short a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversery DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014It was a great place to eat for our anniversary. There was a live jazz band, and a great view of Hefner Lake. Food was great and the desserts were huge.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceMissKittyDined on 7/27/2014Went to Hefner Grill with out of town family for Sunday brunch. Everything was excellent. My family from Dallas was impressed and thay are usually fairly critical. The Eggs Benedict, Eggs Baltimore and Fried Green Tomatoes were especially yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fish & chips in OKCANITADined on 7/25/2014As always, my husband ordered the fish & chips and was sorry he didn't share with me. the portions are HUGE!! My favorite, Key Lime Pie is always good. Bar was busy due to a class reunion, but our table was facing the water, on the lower level, which got us away form most of the bar chatter. Alesha is a great server!!Special Features:
- Very good with 1 noteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Very good on all accounts except for the overall loud noise level in the restaurant. Between the live band playing and the large group drinking alcohol and being loud it was difficult to have a conversation with my wife and be relaxed. Our server Makayla (sp?) was excellent and the table looking over the lake was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AutismTeachersDined on 7/23/2014We had an awesome time! Were seated at the windows to the perfect lakeview. The friend I invited had never been such a nice place. Prices weren't unreasonable and the waitress very friendly. Thank you so much for the online reservation!Special Features:
- Amazing viewNikkiDined on 7/22/2014Plenty to pick from on the menu; Amazing view of lake especially at sunset; Excellent customer serviceSpecial Features:
- Great entertainment placWannabeeEscoffierDined on 7/19/2014Service was really great. Best tilapia I have ever eaten. Liked the fact that they take reservations and honored them. Great when entertaining out of town guests. Only problem, which is so common in most restaurants these days is noise. difficult to converse with friends. Good menu selection and nice jazz combo.Special Features:
- a bit pricey for what we gotout4funDined on 7/19/2014My husbsnd and i went with friends. When we arrived our table was not ready. We were seated 25 minutes after our reservation. The menu is limited but appears to have enough variety. I had the cedar plank salmon and my husband gas the 8oz. Steak. My meal was ok. The salmon was not seasoned as well as i had expected. The Horseradish sauce was sparce, but very tasty...i would have loved to have more. The steak was dry and small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstand nightfdloverDined on 7/19/2014We had a OUTSTANDING evening, service was not rushed, food was great. What a way to spend 3 hours dining and watching the sun set! in A/CSpecial Features:
- Good view, good food, good service.kgodwinDined on 7/19/2014We sat on the patio. The umbrella over our table was a little small and it didn't keep the sun off of us but that was the only problem. The food was really good and so was the service. The sunset view overlooking Lake Hefner was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 7/19/2014 First time VisitArkansasAtHeartDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I dined at Hefner Grill for the first time on Saturday (7/19/2014) and we were pleasantly surprised. The waitress we had did a very good job, She was very attentive and made our experience worthwhile :). We sat lakeside inside and the view was absolutely gorgeous! LOVED their Crème Brule!! All in all great lunch spot at the higher end of casual dining. Will return, Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heres2UDined on 7/18/2014We have always enjoyed Hefner Grill in the past. This time, all our food was brought out at the same time and the waitress was rushing us to finish. This restaurant is too expensive for that kind of experience.Special Features:
- kcwokcDined on 7/15/2014Our food was very good our service was excellent the waiter made our visit very pleasant. Thanks again.Special Features:
- Great View From TableNewToOKCDined on 7/13/2014It was my girlfriend's birthday, and we had the greatest time @ Hefner Grill. Beautiful view of Lake Hefner and the staff (Brian) was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cleanliness lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014While the food and service was great, we couldn't help but notice an overall "unclean" ambiance. There were dirty lampshades over the tables, we walked past several uncleaned empty tables, dirty windows on the lake side, and the rusted railing out on the patio showed a lack of attention to detail. If those types of public things are not attended to, it makes me wonder what gets neglected behind the scenes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazing!LuvgoodserviceDined on 7/11/2014The vegetables and meat were so tender! Everything tasted great, our waiter was awesome, and the view was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST FILET I EVER PUT IN MY MOUTH2steakfansDined on 7/11/2014We always go to Hefner Grill for special occasions and every time we get the steak. Last visit I had the filet - it never disappoints! The price is very reasonable when you consider that some exclusive restaurants charge $40 and above for a good steak by itself. This one comes with choice of 2 delicious sides. Husband had the rib-eye and his eyes literally rolled to the back of his head that first bite. Calamari is wonderful. Their "perfect" margarita is appropriately named. It's simply delightful, as is everything we've tried at Hefner Grill so far. We might try a different entrée next time, but really you can't go wrong with the filet or the rib-eye. Fantastic! Yum! Oh, we also like the atmosphere and beautiful lake view.Special Features: