112 Lake St South
Kirkland, WA 98033Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hectorskirkland.com/
- Phone: (425) 827-4811
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Shabu-shabu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Private Room
A word from Hector's Restaurant
Hector's is centrally located in the Downtown Kirkland Waterfront. Our full service lounge, warm & inviting dining area and banquet facilities offer the space and atmosphere suitable for all occasions!Continued
We offer the finest ingredients prepared with uncommon flair. You are sure to find a favorite dish that will keep you coming back for more.
We offer the finest ingredients prepared with uncommon flair. You are sure to find a favorite dish that will keep you coming back for more.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hector's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)special occasion (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Go somewhere elseNAS125Dined on 7/19/2014Bad service, poor cut of meat, didn't bring the appetizer out, only a couple of beers on tap (one was Bud Light).
- DisapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/6/2014The food was okay, but the services left a lasting and not so good taste in my mouth.
- Great but loudTerryDined on 6/27/2014Come on frequently for casual food but foundd this particular evening REALLY LOUD. Will probably avoid on Fri nights in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for breakfast!locally1VIPDined on 6/20/2014The service was poor, with the exception of a bus boy, who was kind enough to bring toast since we were starving. The steak was well done, but I asked for medium to medium-rare. We requested scrambled eggs softly cooked and those too were waaay over cooked. I don't recommend this for breakfast at all!
- DaveVIPDined on 6/13/2014We had six in our party and the service was good. The food was average to a little above. I would not make a special trip but if I was in the area stop in.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKEastsideguyDined on 6/3/2014The place was not busy when we arrived and we were seated quickly but from there things slowed down. It took ten minutes before our server arrived to take our drink order. Service was a little slow for the entire dinner. the menu us limited and not what I was expecting. The menu leaned more towards a brunch/lunch type of offerings.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerBraylikes2014Dined on 6/1/2014We had a lovely time for dinner a few nights ago. My 2 sons and husband and I enjoyed a nice indoor meal. The server was just ok, and seemed new to her job. The steaks were so yummy , we are still talking about them. My Chicken Ceasar had enough dressing but not too much and a great flavor. The restaurant is cozy and very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SpotLuluBelle6Dined on 5/24/2014I meet an old friend here for breakfast or lunch. We don't feel rushed and the food is wonderful. The menu has a great selection for breakfast or lunch. I told my friend I wanted to keep going here because the coffee is wonderful. As small an item as that is, it is huge to me. The service staff were very attentive but not hovering or rushing us through our meal. The pricing of their menu items was appropriate. Free parking is in the back of the restaurant which makes it just another huge plus for this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerfoodluvrDined on 4/25/2014The service was quick and friendly and we got the table we had requested in the reservation. Appetizers came out promptly but not rushed, followed by the main course. The kids enjoyed the calamari, the mac n cheese, and pepperoni pizza. I had the halibut special over rice with asparagus, and it was very tasty, the fish was done to perfection and the subtle butter and lemon flavors were just right for the flakey yet perfectly moist fish. My wife had the fish tacos, and was not as happy. The cod was heavily breaded and deep fried, overpowering the delicate tortillas and other flavors, and also making them hard to eat without knife and fork. Avoid the fish tacos and you should do fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a weekday breakfastSweetGreenEyesDined on 4/17/2014Met with 5 other friends here for our usual Thursday Breakfast. Every week a different location (although, not always someplace new). I'd been here once before for breakfast and first several months ago for late-night drinks. Delicious food and friendly staff. Crab cake benedict was a delicious dish worth having again. I like that they are versatile in serving early in the day until late at night.Special Features:
- Food items -hits and missesNickDined on 4/5/20144 of us at table. Crab Mac and Cheese excellent !, Caesar salad excellent. Seafood Risotto--all seafood tasted like the risotto sauce-disappointed. More beers on tap--especially porter would be nice. Great desserts --though we miss the chocolate truffle plate had few years back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab Mac & Cheese....oh soOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/29/2014Crab Mac & Cheese....oh so good. I split it with a friend and had plenty to eat with a small Caesar salad (which was yummy too). Service was very attentive and the waiter knew the menu which is a plus. The value for the experience was excellent as well. I will definitely be going back. In the summer it will be delightful to grab a nice meal and then walk along Lake Street and shop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't Live Up to the HypeCharityDined on 3/23/2014It was fine, but at least at brunch, you don't really get anything special for your money. I'd gotten so many stellar recommendations for this restaurant that I'd expected something much more gourmet for the price.
- Awesome Stroganoff!MaryDined on 3/22/2014Last time we went to dinner at Hector's my husband had stroganoff and he loved it. On this trip there were three of us and we all ordered the stroganoff and we all loved it! I'm not even a stroganoff fan and I'd order it again. Good service, nice atmosphere and great food - 5 stars it is! We'll be back.Special Features:
- Heck yeaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/5/2014A very good local restaurant. I believe a great place for lunch.Special Features:
- Hector's In KirklandMaryDined on 2/23/2014We received good service and the food was excellent. We split a dessert that was wonderful, we'll definitely plan a return trip in the near future.Special Features:
- Fun and casualCinderellaskiDined on 2/22/2014Neighborhood gem, been around for quite some time. Easy, casual. Good comfort food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch at Hector'sKateDined on 2/20/2014My husband and I always enjoy eating at Hector's. The food is delicious whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner. I met an old friend for lunch and we felt very comfortable visiting for a long time without being rushed. The waitress was very friendly and made us feel most welcome! Our lunches were very tasty - cobb salad and steak salad and we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This experience was terrible.MickieDined on 2/14/2014This experience was terrible. We went to Hectors on Valentines Day. She had a risotto and I had an entree Cobb salad. When the meal arrived, there was no dressing on the salad. By the time the waitress came back my wife was half complete with her dish and I had quickly given up on eating a large salad without dressing. When she returned, rather than send it back, I merely asked her to bring me some dressing and I will make it work. The dressing never arrived. The next time I was able to flag her down, I asked her to take it away, the dinner was a disaster as my wife was done eating. I just wanted to pay and leave. Then as we're finishing up a guy comes and attempts to stuff a new salad in front of me anyway. It wasn't pleasant.
- Signature dish not remarkableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014We dined on Valentine's Day this year. we started with splitting a chop salad. It was reasonable, dressed with a basalmic vinegarette. I had the signature crab mac and cheese. It was okay, but not overly remarkable. I found it a little runny, and did not think the crab was prominent enough. She had beef stroganoff. Again, okay but not overly exciting. We felt the vibe was pretty good and the pricing reasonable. We could come back, but I wouldn't say it is a new fave.Special Features:
- Great Breakfast MenuClammyDined on 2/8/2014Wide variety of breakfast and brunch choices, including the amazing Croque Madame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort Food ExtraordinairekcfoodieVIPDined on 2/1/2014This is my go to place for a steak salad. It is really outstanding and reasonably priced. I understand they are going to upgrade the wine list and when that happens, I will be there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual And EasySweetGreenEyesDined on 1/30/2014I have previously dined for Happy Hour at Hectors - probably a year ago or so. I suggested going to Hectors to my friends so we could try something different than our usual breakfast places. The food was delicious. The staff friendly and attentive. I definitely will return. *One of my friends and I each ordered the Chicken Fried Steak. It was great. Another friend had the Italian Scramble, and for him the meat-to-veggie ratio was a little off. He was hoping there would be more sausage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty breakfastGo2placesDined on 1/19/2014The restaurant was packed when we arrived at 9.30am on Sunday. We were glad we had reserved a table. We booked a table for 6. (2 adult & 2 kids) and they seated us on a long table of about 12 in the middle of the restaurant. Nobody sat at the other end. We would have not minded. My friend and I split two egg Benedict's, one with spinach and the other with crab cakes. That was a good way to do it as the crab cakes are very rich and with 2 poached eggs very filling. The eggs were done perfectly for my liking, Not they asked us. The kids enjoyed their huge portion of pancakes and hot chocolates. We loved having a Bloody Mary and a Mimosas. We will go again as it vibrant but cosy with good quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our dinnerOkearnVIPDined on 1/10/2014Service was very good, our meal was excellent and everything was made fresh and served hot. Enjoyed the beef stroganoff and the salad. Hector's always has great wines by the glass to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The noise level is way too much!jollyhDined on 12/13/2013We had a party of six and could hardly carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Normal Food With A Gourmet TouchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/8/2013Hector's is such a fun place to treat friends. The menu is diverse, so everyone can find something yummy. Yet, even normal breakfast dishes have a gourmet touch. One of my favorite places for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-Day OutingTommyDined on 11/16/2013Celebrated wife's b-day with dinner @ 6:15 pm prior to Brothers Four concert @ Kirkland Center for Performing Arts. By no means haute cuisine, but solid menu, tastily prepared and adequate presentation. Hector's has become a Kirkland institution and frequently reinvents itself to remain fresh and relevant.Special Features:
- Very accommodatingPammyDined on 11/12/2013We had an adjustment in the number of diners, and they handled it very well.they made us feel very welcome. Nice variety on menu. Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- place to meetdragonflyDined on 11/10/2013HOur group is hard to get together because of busy schedules, needing central location, variety of food choices, and atmosphere where we can hear each other talk. Thanks Hectors for meeting our needs. On a side note the special butternut squash ravoli was yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!SteveDined on 11/10/2013I had a wonderful time at Hectors on November 10th. I came in, got seated right away, and we immediately knew what we wanted. The noise level was a little louder than expected but understandably so considering the game was on. The food was outstanding, I didn't feel rushed by the waiting staff, they came by and checked in our meal often but not too often. I would highly recommend this to anybody. I will hopefully be back soon! Thanks again Hectors!Special Features:
- Missing a few piecesRenataVIPDined on 10/22/2013Tuesday's special was missing their tuesday oysters special. Ordered their dine out special, but dessert was forgotten until asked for. But overall, the food was good, and was presented nicely. The lasagna was a masterpiece to the eyes, but not so much for the tongue pallet. Dry both the pasta as well as the vegetables. Portions were generous, and price is medicore.Special Features:
- Yummy brunchYellowpurseVIPDined on 10/20/2013Enjoyed our family Sunday brunch. Everything was delicious. Only glitch was they weren't aware of our reservation which we made through open table. They eventually found it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service, ok foodElsaGDined on 10/19/2013Our party of 4 adults and 2 toddlers went here for an early dinner. When we showed up, the hostess sat us but then told us that a party of 13 would be coming in an hour and a half and that we needed to be done by then. Not a great way to start a meal and introduce us to your restaurant but with 2 toddlers, we didn't have a concern. To our astonishment, 10-15 minutes passed and no server came. When I flagged someone down, I saw that a few servers had gathered at the hostess table and were looking over to our table pointing and conferring. Obviously, someone had messed up. So much for hurrying us through the restaurant. When the server did come over, not even an apology. The food was ok, but we won't return.
- not this timeoldhauntDined on 10/12/2013Years of Hectors behind us. Recent upgrades a little worn, many, many more little children present than previous visits. Still good food, though not much besides the casual dining menu, lots of production less quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and Great ServicePeterDined on 10/4/2013I really enjoyed the Jambalaya, a lot of meat and very well flavored. The service was great, our waitress was really taking care of us. Without us even asking she checked up with the kitchen if things were save for my pregannt wife to eat. Will be back for more Jambalaya or something else on the menu.Special Features:
- Warm & ComfyKirklanderVIPDined on 9/22/2013Hector's always feels comfortable--it's a really good spot for a Sunday dinner. I had the steelhead salad and it was good; the spinach greens were nice and fresh. It's just a happy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyLove2eatVIPDined on 9/12/2013This was our first time dinner at Hector's. We were impressed with our choices of food items. My husband and I had the crab cakes and ahi for appetizers--the seared ahi was perfectly prepared for us with a nice spicy rub. We shared the fish tacos prepared with the catch of the day--steelhead. Pleasantly surprised. Our 2 year old granddaughter scarfed down the children's fish and chips (with a little help).Special Features:
- Great comfort foodJeffDined on 8/24/2013Great neighborhood vibe with plenty of people watching. Food and service were great.Special Features:
- Hector's the steak placeirishmikeDined on 8/24/2013We had the top sirloin and the prime rib. Both were generous cuts and cooked as we requested. The prime rib tasted great even without the au jus. The appetizers were also excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.