Heck's Cafe - Cleveland
2927 Bridge Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Heck's Cafe - Cleveland
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.heckscafe.com/
- Phone: 2168615464
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday 11:30am - 10:00pm, Saturday 11:00am - 10:00pm, Sunday 10:30am - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Heck's Cafe - Cleveland
Heck’s Cafe ... Established more than 40 years ago in the heart of Ohio City, one of Cleveland's oldest areas and perhaps its most ethnically diverse and culturally rich neighborhood. Just across the Cuyahoga River from Downtown, Heck's Cafe is housed in a Charming 18th-century brick townhouse. Come enjoy our full bar and varied selection of beers and wines. Heck's Cafe has been winning awards for the best specialty hamburgers in Cleveland for many years. A popular spot for Sunday brunch, when the entrees include an indulgent eggs Benedict, stuffed french toast and a brie offering. Be sure to try our house-blended coffee.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Heck's Cafe - Cleveland - Best Restaurants in Ohio City ›
Heck's Cafe - Cleveland reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (17)great for outdoor dining (13)great for brunch (10)special occasion (8)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)romantic (4)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Nice dinneryummeeeeeeeDined on 10/16/2014Had the wild mushroom ravioli, delicious!! We also had the half sized salad that was generous in size and quite tasty. Good service, nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We all enjoyed are meals the wait staff were very tenetive to everything we had a very enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch/LunchcevangeDined on 10/12/2014We went to Heck's on a whim. We were trying to dine at a different restaurant but the wait was too long. We had wanted to try Heck's as well, so we went. I must say; I'm glad we didn't get into the other restaurant. Heck's was great. The service was great. Very attentive. The food was delicious. We will definitely will be coming back.Special Features:
- First time therejohnnydVIPDined on 10/11/2014Food was great .... will definitely return. Many unique items on the menu ... service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great experienceRoxieCDined on 10/11/2014Heck's has done gourmet burgers right for years and they still are, according to my two dining partners. My entrée was phenomenal, too. Along with such good food, the service was attentive and swift and the wine recommendation was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- With friends at HecksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Had a great dinner out with friends at Heck's Café. The staff is very attentive with out being in the way. We never waited on anything. The food was fantastic, they set a high bar for themselves every time. Whether it's a quite dinner for two or a group Heck's is a guaranteed win.Special Features:
- Possibly the best burger in town!Frank82Dined on 10/11/2014Eastside Burger - the burger alone is delicious, let alone the pastrami on top. What a true GEM this place is.Special Features:
- Amazing as usualTolkien43Dined on 10/10/2014I cannot say enough about Heck's. The food is awesome. I had the lobster mac and cheese with a small salad. It is to die for! I really liked the dressing for the salad which clung to the lettuce instead of just pooling on the dish. My friends were equally satisfied with their meals. We were seated in the new addition which I found very comfortable and pretty. The waitress was not intrusive, she made sure the drinks were refilled and did not try to rush us out or interrupt our conversation. Heck's is always one of my favorite places. Thanks for making my birthday celebration special.Special Features:
- delishtzolaDined on 9/21/2014Living in Cleveland, I cant believe it took us this long to try Hecks. The burgers were amazing, our server Jen, even better!! We will definitely be back to get our burger fix!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyablesharylk224Dined on 9/20/2014Due to Homecoming at a local high school, the restaurant was PACKED when we arrived for dinner. Since it was incredibly loud inside and the weather was perfect, we requested a table on the sidewalk. We were quite impressed at how well the servers handled themselves - and us!Special Features:
- laylaDined on 9/19/2014Great service and good food. Heck's has always been a fun place to go and this was no exception.Special Features:
- slow servicekilnoDined on 9/13/2014Even though the entire staff knew we were going to the theater after dinner when I made the reservation, it took almost an hour to get orders from the kitchen. Our waiter was sweet, but distracted by trying to bartend simultaneously. Nevertheless, our dinners, vegetarian, meat and fish were delicious. So I'd go back again when I have lots of time to linger.Special Features:
- Delicious brunch!FavtoeatDined on 9/7/2014We had a delicious brunch!. We can't wait to try the lunch and dinner! Amazing Bloody Mary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodSnicketfaceDined on 8/18/2014Had a business dinner here. Was quiet enough to have a nice conversation over good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub parsincewhenDined on 7/26/2014Have been many times but the last time (and it was) was just plain bad. Server forgot the appetizer, then the dessert. Not that crowded. Food was average at best for both diners. Too bad. Used to really like it but with so many restaurants in the area, no reason to go back any time soon.
- Stick with burgersjr3833Dined on 7/14/2014Tool this one my friend with the hamburger. On the menu it said Bujumbura good but you had to build it out of the year because the ingredients that they had were not listen on the menu. I've eaten many places but never been served a Philly cheesesteak hot oral and it was very scant to say the least.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2014Went for Sunday brunch/breakfast. Very disorganized. Not just our table, but all tables had to wait 30 to 40 minutes for eggs/waffles, then arrived cold. When we left, the place was 1/3 empty, but 15 people were waiting at the front door to be seated.
- Nice dinnerkirkleeDined on 7/11/2014We are regulars at Heck's and have been watching the expansion. Was surprised, though, to see some of the burgers taken off the menu - we go specically for the burgers. This forced me to try something different, which was, of course, very good. Would like to see some of the burger options brought back. However, this will not deter us from being regulars.Special Features:
- Great Burgers!AnnabenjaminDined on 7/5/2014Great burgers were had by all. We come from East side just for the burgers. Went with kids. 1 child requested plain chicken breast and waitress was very accommodating! Did exactly what she wanted although not on the menu. Will definitely go back for casual, easy dinner.Special Features:
- The following 35 reviews are from the Heck's Cafe - Cleveland reviews archive.
- undeniably exquisiteedofcleDined on 6/29/2014Wonderful establishment, great food, awesome service and they just finished the extension to the building so they have so much more room now! The garden room will always be my favorite to dine in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014It took a minute to get the food on this particular night and a hair was found in our drink. It was not a busy night but more odd than usual in spirits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good experience!monarose3Dined on 6/14/2014Have gone to Heck's since it opened. Brunch not good. Tasteless eggs, hard/old potatoes and one meal wrong, Cafe was not busy. Garden room lost its cozy appeal with the huge opening into new large room. Room lacks any character except interesting ceiling, very crowded with cheap furniture. Years ago garden room had great wrought iron pieces which were appropriate to room. Now everything is matchy and unappealing. More interest in packing in hordes of people for a bar scene to make money vs keeping the beautiful old time, romantic New Orleans-inspired garden room. Lacks plants/artwork except on stairs. Sad...will miss the old cafe. Will NOT return.
- Heck's has the Best Hamburger EVER!GinaCattLoVIPDined on 6/9/2014I just had the very best hamburger that I have ever eaten! It's the meat - sourced with care, cooked to perfection (medium rare is best) with interesting toppings. The little room with the spiral staircase has a great ambience. The service was adequate. Our server could have checked back at least one more time. Will definitely go back the next time we have a yen for a hamburger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good burgersyogi12Dined on 6/8/2014sat inside for the first time, and were seated in a relatively empty new area with unmanned bar...felt very sterile. The other indoor area had more atmosphere. Food is reliably good, especially if you like burgers (I had tuna burger which was also good). Our server on this occasion was either overloaded or not particularly efficient...kept apologizing for the delays. We will go back but will request different seating...hopefully in weather when we can sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choicemslynnieDined on 6/8/2014After the theater we decided to head to Heck's to avoid crowds in downtown restaurants and to enjoy the good food for which Heck's is noted. We liked the casual atmosphere, the tasty burgers, and the most delicious milkshakes. Our waiter was terrific and the service was above and beyond; my burger was not done to my request, and he took it back, replacing it with another to my taste. Portions are more than generous. I have eaten at Heck's for years (my husband is an Ignatius grad) and have never been disappointed. We often take out of town guests there.Special Features:
- Best burgers in ClevelandDebandEdVIPDined on 6/7/2014We have never been disappointed in Hecks. We just hope that with their expansion that they don't lose the quality. These are the best burgers in Cleveland.Special Features:
- Great night outladkDined on 6/7/2014Food was excellent and sitting outside on the patio was a perfect setting to enjoy a nice evening out.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2014Had a very enjoyable meal with my family to celebrate my mother's birthday. Service is friendly, prompt, and very helpful. Best burgers around in Cleveland. Delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QueenieDined on 6/6/2014Heck's is the best. We have been going for years and will continue to go. Their hamburgers and fries are the best. Prices are reasonable, friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/31/2014We asked to be seated inside rather than outside, and were put at a table in a fairly empty room. At least three servers passed by the table multiple times with nobody stopping to give us menus or to offer a drink. We waited for almost 15 minutes when our server appeared. After we got our menus, we waited another 10 minutes for her to come back and take our order. In both cases we were just about ready to walk out, but decided to stay. The food was good, but certainly not good enough for me to go back.
- Couldn't ask for anything moreOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/17/2014This was a lunch, just lunch. We were very pleased to have our expectations exceeded. Great, friendly service, wonderful homemade soup, well prepared and accompanied hot sandwich, and salads. We'll be back!Special Features:
- BEST BURGER IN CLEVELANDFrank82Dined on 5/15/2014FORGET B-SPOT THIS IS THE FINEST IN BURGER. PIEROGI IS A CLOSE SECOND AS WELL - DELICIOUS. SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDINGSpecial Features:
- liked it, but.....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2014With the construction going on in the new room, we felt like we walked into a work site--maybe it would be better to somehow cover up the new area until it is finished. Too much clutter going on. We enjoyed the food and the service, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Burgers!AgoodtimesDined on 5/10/2014We had a really great lunch at Heck's! Our burgers were perfectly cooked & we really enjoyed the atmosphere. A fun afternoon!Special Features:
- open table appjnetDined on 4/20/2014I used the open table app the day before our brunch reservation and the host looked at me like I was crazy when I said I had made a reservation, he offered us a patio table, which I what I would have preferred because it was a beautiful day, besides that, the food, service and location is top notch! Yum!Special Features:
- really accommodated our largebethDined on 4/12/2014really accommodated our large group. was a great location!Special Features:
- fun for alllunchiesDined on 4/12/2014food was great, service as well, nice variety for all diners. would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all around experienceSizzle87Dined on 3/6/2014Great food and atmosphere! I highly recommend Hecks. I can't wait to go back and try some more of their menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun On a Cold and Snowy NightDickyBeeVIPDined on 1/25/2014We had a great time at Heck's on a cold and snowy night in Cleveland. They were super attentive to our group of 10. The food was very good as well. They seemed especially appreciative that we made it through the storm to get there. We were equally appreciative that they were open and more than ready to handle our large group. An excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for an intimate dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/16/2014I have been to Heck's since when it first opened (in the 70s I think). I used to always get the burgers, which are GREAT. But trying to eat less red meat, I had the salmon last time. Good, but a little overdone and dry. Good onion soup and asparagus. My boyfriend had the steak frites, steak done rare..it was really good, very tender. But the frites were toothpick thin, and disappointing. I say, go back to the thicker fries. Heck's is a classic dining spot, tried and true, especially for its burgers. We chose it for it's low-key, romantic ambience. But I'd say a refreshing of its menu is overdue...just sayin'.Special Features: