Hecho En Vegas - MGM Grand
3799 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
Contemporary MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Hecho En Vegas - MGM Grand
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mgmgrand.com/restaurants/hecho-en-vegas.aspx
- Phone: (702) 891-3200
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: Closed
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Reed Osterholt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: TBD- AT Later Date
- Private Party Contact: Group Dining Reservation 7028917433x
A word from Hecho En Vegas - MGM Grand
Revel in this lively Mexican restaurant presenting authentic Sonoran cuisine by the legendary Flores family that honors culinary tradition and excellence, restaurateurs known for their iconic Arizona outposts El Charro Café and Sir Veza's, the largely gluten-free menu will feature dishes inspired by generations of family recipes with a modernized twist. Located in The District, cantina-style restaurant offers guests a choice between airy, open lounge seating with a prime view of MGM Grand's bustling restaurant row or a seat within a vibrant, multi-colored dining room, both which boast a festive Mexican vibe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hecho En Vegas - MGM Grand reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (27)fit for foodies (13)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (10)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (6)special occasion (6)neighborhood gem (4)romantic (3)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Food felt not realC00kerVIPDined on 11/15/2014Service slow, took awhile to place order for food, few times forgot to bring orders. We ordered guacamole from the cart and wasn't as good as expected. Rice were over cooked and too mushy. Both had fajitas, only 5 small shrimps with again mushy peppers & onions. Believe it was already pre made items prior to delivery in restaurant.Special Features:
- Great service, the rest only fairLetseatDined on 11/13/2014we had great service but the ambience, drinks and food were all disappointing. we ordered the house margarita which was less than ordinary. I ordered enchiladas which were really dry and my husband ordered the tamales which were only fair. Overall the experience was disappointingSpecial Features:
- Fun times.DollDined on 11/10/2014Enjoyed great food with some girlfriends. We would all recommend Hecho En Vegas.Special Features:
- SandiDined on 11/6/2014We loved our waitress but the food was very mediocre.
- Great food great drinksDQ11VIPDined on 10/24/2014This was out first time at Hecho but we plan on going back. The food was delicious and the leftovers made for a great breakfast the next day. Service was awesome as well. Can't wait to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.Katef00dDined on 10/22/2014The food and service was great but the salsa was a little hot for my taste. Ordered the chicken tortilla soup (delicious) and the shredded beef mexican pizza. Truthfully the pizza was not what I was expecting but it was soooo good! A pleasant surprise. Definitely large enough to share with 2-3 people! (I was thinking along the lines of Taco Bell mexican pizza, oops)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014We had dinner and drinks here on our way into a show at the MGM. We had really great service - outstanding actually considering the chaos of the night. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Not Bad, Not GreatDianeDined on 10/17/2014Had a late night dinner. Fajitas were good. The table side guacamole tasted sour, not sure what happened there Then ordered the Deep Fried ice cream. Terrible, like rubber. I think it was pre-made and defrosted.Special Features:
- Good restaurantAngelDined on 10/17/2014The food and ambiance was great! Ben, or waiter was very efficient! There were four of us and we all were very pleased with our experience. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Service doesn't match the foodSMooreDined on 10/17/2014The food was great, but it should not take 25 minutes to get qua smoke brought out; alongside your main course. It should also not take 15 minutes to come back with a check. The chimichanga and guacamole was good, but significantly overpriced for what you get.Special Features:
- Terrible food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014The food was tasteless, the meat stringy, the drinks were watered down and the service was, at best, so-so.
- Good Food BUT Noisy!OtowntouristsDined on 10/1/2014My partner and I especially enjoyed the made on the spot Guacamole! The Enchiladas were good, but not the best we have had in the past. The fried ice cream for dessert was a hit. Our single biggest problem with this restaurant was the noise level. Given that everywhere else you walked/visited in Las Vegas was incredibly noisy, it would have been nice to be able to talk to each other. The noise took the romance out of the occasion!Special Features:
- DisappointingHBdinerVIPDined on 9/27/2014We love Mexican food, and were really looking forward to dining at Hecho En Vegas. Unfortunately, we left feeling disappointed, especially given the prices. The margaritas were very poor, and the food was average at best. The Shrimp Chicharron, however, was a bright spot to the meal - very good! We'll continue to seek out good Mexican food on the Strip, but don't plan to return to Hecho En Vegas.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014The food was very good, the waiter and floor manager were very good. The young lady who seemed to be in charge of the seating was our problem. First we had a reservation made well in advance. We waited to provide her our name. Then several parties were seated and we had to inquire why we were still waiting. Your next was here response. Then several more were seated and we again inquired as to the problem. We were again told we were next. Again several others were seated not to mention her attitude to us was rude, as if we were bothering her. Her name was Jennifer, it was Sat. 6 PM. If her attitude had been different or she had not continue to lie about you are next we would not have had a problem.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous find in Vegasowens12Dined on 9/10/2014We normally frequent the steakhouses in Vegas but decided to give Hecho En Vegas a try. It was just great! So fresh and flavorful. The short rib tacos were so good, as was the tableside guac. What really makes this restaurant stand out is the staff. SO friendly..Daniel made us laugh and feel welcome. Just an overall great experience and we will definitely return to Hecho on our next stay at the MGM Grand.Special Features:
- Hecho Great!Tank777VIPDined on 9/7/2014Second visit here and had a great dining experience. Menu is just right and the house margaritas are outstanding! There are choices for all. We will be back very relaxingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above average Mexican...GKH2014VIPDined on 9/7/2014Drinks were fine, food preparation above average, and table service was good. It was an OK meal...Special Features:
- Seated, then No Service At AllDCAfoodieVIPDined on 8/24/2014A short story about an inexcusable customer service experience: We're seated, chips are dropped off, and then nothing for over ten minutes, at which point we just get up and leave. On the way out, I mention to a manager that no one had been by, at which point she pleaded with me to stay, telling me that they actually prided themselves on wonderful service - service that was obviously not evident to any of us that evening. By then, we had lost our taste for Hecho en Vegas, and why risk now being served by someone who had been chided by the manager for not doing their job in the first place? There are so many other excellent Mexican restaurants in Las Vegas - find one of them and pass this one by. You'll be glad you did.
- InterestingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014It was a fancier side of Mexican cuisine. All of the dishes were well presented. Food was flavorful. Wife and I went in for her birthday. The flan was incredible. And I don't like flan....Special Features:
- Solid menu and good food.CSK2Dined on 8/22/2014Seated right away to a fairly private table for two. The chips, salsa, and guac seemed fresh and were very good. Shrimp appetizer was excellent and the taco platter included a variety of options from fish to pork and chicken etc. Good menu, wait staff, lighting...overall a nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok- not worht bragging aboutamazingDined on 8/21/2014We decided to eat here before watching the Circ show KA- it was ok. The food was pretty average for Mexican and pretty prices $18 for 2 tacos is pretty steep. We ordered the guacamole and that was nice, they actually make it fresh at the table. Other than that, it's not worthh bragging about.
- NOT good, sorry!AZfoodiefanDined on 8/20/2014We love Mexican food! I was so happy to learn they had Corona Lite on tap!!!!! LOVED the warm chips and dips!!!!!! Then it went down hill from there...my husband's beef on his Caesar salad was blood red and over seasoned. He ordered medium. My chicken enchiladas were the worst I've had in years. The chicken was totally unseasoned and dry as a bone....no flavor. Don't bother unless you just want chips and cocktails..... Our server was really cute and good, but the food ruined the evening....bummer!
- Rare bad reviewShadydealDined on 8/10/2014We usually seek out restaurants via friends recommendations or online reviews but decided to try this one on the fly. We will fly no more. Food was edible at best and VERY expensive for Mexican food. Go somewhere else, i.e. Taco BellSpecial Features:
- Great food and atmospherePodman69Dined on 8/9/2014The food was fabulous and was reasonably priced. Sit out by the entrance so you can people watch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodTJ1908Dined on 8/2/2014The food was great and the atmosphere was wonderfully. The restaurant wasn't full but the service was slow. Overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointeddcpv1Dined on 8/2/2014The BBQ wings were delicious - probably the best item we ate. The rice was mushy and lacked flavor but the beans were pretty tasty. Everything else was just OK nothing overly impressive. Our waiter (Daniel) was completely unfriendly and did not smile even once - he bordered on being rude. He was rushing us which made us feel very uncomfortable. The other wait staff seemed very nice though it's too bad we got stuck with the grumpy old one. The other issue was we found rocks in our food... It was very strange - we were eating the chips and dipping them into the beans and two pebbles almost broke out my tooth. The server refused to assist us with his overly surly attitude, however the manager was apologetic.Special Features:
- Great Mexican in the heart of VegasBrianF66Dined on 8/2/2014Great food, great location. Energetic atmosphere, definitely a must when visiting Vegas.......Special Features:
- Donnie9Dined on 8/2/2014My review is that a review should NOT have leading answers such as in above - I will not be recommmending Hecho so how must I fill out this section so as to submit my review? Whoever is doing your polling should be replaced!Special Features:
- SherlockhomzDined on 8/1/2014Service was very good, friendly staff, food was good, not outstanding, price was reasonableI would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexico in Vegas!smedyDined on 7/29/2014Absolutely perfect. Burritos and nachos were supreme,like the shrimp with bacon and the frozen margarita! Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 62 reviews are from the Hecho En Vegas - MGM Grand reviews archive.
- Great GuacRosBossDined on 7/22/2014My son called the tableside guac the best he's ever had. We went to see David Copperfield at 7 pm and booked a table for a late dinner after the show. Finding it is not easy - the MGM is an enormous hotel. It's located deep in the area known as The District. But once there our service was great and the food came out very quickly. The house margarita was strong - just what the doctor ordered. This was a great choice.Special Features:
- Good solid Tex-Mex foodluv4allfoodVIPDined on 7/21/2014This restaurant makes the Tex-Mex standards with a fresh ingredient approach from Mexican street tacos to a warming Pozole to a outrageously large and decadent half pound Son or an hot dogSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do yourself a favor, order the guacKCTBDined on 7/16/2014Seriously can't tell you how much I enjoyed this place. Food was good, table side guacamole though was awesome. I make guac at home, but never this good. Service was excellent and very attentitive. Do expect to pay a little more than your neighborhood TexMex spot. 2 bar drinks, guacamole, and two entrees with tip set me back $90+.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mexican food/healthy optionsRitaDined on 7/15/2014The food was great! The table side quak was to die for and the margaritas were fresh made with fresh lime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Poor service, mediocre food. Not worth the miner and quite honestly I've eaten better at Chipotle
- Hecho in FresnoHechointhe559Dined on 7/13/2014Our dining experience was great as a party of 7 our first night, we returned for dinner on another night of our stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Attentive StaffJojoDined on 7/11/2014Wow the staff there was amazing. They were informed of our schedule and acting on it promptly. With there help we made our show on time. Great service. Great food. My only regret is not having more time there. We will be going back to enjoy a relaxing meal. Thanks again for your service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican food in Vegas!aalva024Dined on 7/7/2014This was some of the best Mexican food Ive had. The house margaritas were super stromg and delicious. I would definitely reccomend this to anyone who wanted awesome Mexican food and a classy dininf experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican on a Mass ScaleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014There is nothing unique about Hecho. Diego's was much better in regard to atmosphere and quality of service and food. We had to wait to order, then waited for our drinks. Chips were the kind out of a bag. The guacamole at the table was good! I was extremely disappointed in the restaurant.
- DELICIOUSRokkiDined on 7/3/2014The shrimp and whitefish enchiladas are sublime! The service is friendly and efficient.