Hecho En Vegas - MGM Grand
3799 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
Contemporary MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Hecho En Vegas - MGM Grand
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mgmgrand.com/restaurants/hecho-en-vegas.aspx
- Phone: 7028913200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Reed Osterholt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: TBD- AT Later Date
- Private Party Contact: Group Dining Reservation 7028917433x
A word from Hecho En Vegas - MGM Grand
Revel in this lively Mexican restaurant presenting authentic Sonoran cuisine by the legendary Flores family that honors culinary tradition and excellence, restaurateurs known for their iconic Arizona outposts El Charro Café and Sir Veza's, the largely gluten-free menu will feature dishes inspired by generations of family recipes with a modernized twist. Located in The District, cantina-style restaurant offers guests a choice between airy, open lounge seating with a prime view of MGM Grand's bustling restaurant row or a seat within a vibrant, multi-colored dining room, both which boast a festive Mexican vibe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hecho En Vegas - MGM Grand reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (30)fit for foodies (16)hot spot (15)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (12)special occasion (12)late-night find (9)neighborhood gem (6)romantic (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Seated, then No Service At AllDCAfoodieVIPDined on 8/24/2014A short story about an inexcusable customer service experience: We're seated, chips are dropped off, and then nothing for over ten minutes, at which point we just get up and leave. On the way out, I mention to a manager that no one had been by, at which point she pleaded with me to stay, telling me that they actually prided themselves on wonderful service - service that was obviously not evident to any of us that evening. By then, we had lost our taste for Hecho en Vegas, and why risk now being served by someone who had been chided by the manager for not doing their job in the first place? There are so many other excellent Mexican restaurants in Las Vegas - find one of them and pass this one by. You'll be glad you did.
- InterestingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014It was a fancier side of Mexican cuisine. All of the dishes were well presented. Food was flavorful. Wife and I went in for her birthday. The flan was incredible. And I don't like flan....Special Features:
- Solid menu and good food.CSK2Dined on 8/22/2014Seated right away to a fairly private table for two. The chips, salsa, and guac seemed fresh and were very good. Shrimp appetizer was excellent and the taco platter included a variety of options from fish to pork and chicken etc. Good menu, wait staff, lighting...overall a nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok- not worht bragging aboutamazingDined on 8/21/2014We decided to eat here before watching the Circ show KA- it was ok. The food was pretty average for Mexican and pretty prices $18 for 2 tacos is pretty steep. We ordered the guacamole and that was nice, they actually make it fresh at the table. Other than that, it's not worthh bragging about.
- NOT good, sorry!AZfoodiefanDined on 8/20/2014We love Mexican food! I was so happy to learn they had Corona Lite on tap!!!!! LOVED the warm chips and dips!!!!!! Then it went down hill from there...my husband's beef on his Caesar salad was blood red and over seasoned. He ordered medium. My chicken enchiladas were the worst I've had in years. The chicken was totally unseasoned and dry as a bone....no flavor. Don't bother unless you just want chips and cocktails..... Our server was really cute and good, but the food ruined the evening....bummer!
- Rare bad reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We usually seek out restaurants via friends recommendations or online reviews but decided to try this one on the fly. We will fly no more. Food was edible at best and VERY expensive for Mexican food. Go somewhere else, i.e. Taco BellSpecial Features:
- Great food and atmospherePodman69Dined on 8/9/2014The food was fabulous and was reasonably priced. Sit out by the entrance so you can people watch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodTJ1908Dined on 8/2/2014The food was great and the atmosphere was wonderfully. The restaurant wasn't full but the service was slow. Overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointeddcpv1Dined on 8/2/2014The BBQ wings were delicious - probably the best item we ate. The rice was mushy and lacked flavor but the beans were pretty tasty. Everything else was just OK nothing overly impressive. Our waiter (Daniel) was completely unfriendly and did not smile even once - he bordered on being rude. He was rushing us which made us feel very uncomfortable. The other wait staff seemed very nice though it's too bad we got stuck with the grumpy old one. The other issue was we found rocks in our food... It was very strange - we were eating the chips and dipping them into the beans and two pebbles almost broke out my tooth. The server refused to assist us with his overly surly attitude, however the manager was apologetic.Special Features:
- Great Mexican in the heart of VegasBrianF66Dined on 8/2/2014Great food, great location. Energetic atmosphere, definitely a must when visiting Vegas.......Special Features:
- Donnie9Dined on 8/2/2014My review is that a review should NOT have leading answers such as in above - I will not be recommmending Hecho so how must I fill out this section so as to submit my review? Whoever is doing your polling should be replaced!Special Features:
- SherlockhomzDined on 8/1/2014Service was very good, friendly staff, food was good, not outstanding, price was reasonableI would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexico in Vegas!smedyDined on 7/29/2014Absolutely perfect. Burritos and nachos were supreme,like the shrimp with bacon and the frozen margarita! Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GuacRosBossDined on 7/22/2014My son called the tableside guac the best he's ever had. We went to see David Copperfield at 7 pm and booked a table for a late dinner after the show. Finding it is not easy - the MGM is an enormous hotel. It's located deep in the area known as The District. But once there our service was great and the food came out very quickly. The house margarita was strong - just what the doctor ordered. This was a great choice.Special Features:
- Good solid Tex-Mex foodluv4allfoodDined on 7/21/2014This restaurant makes the Tex-Mex standards with a fresh ingredient approach from Mexican street tacos to a warming Pozole to a outrageously large and decadent half pound Son or an hot dogSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do yourself a favor, order the guacKCTBDined on 7/16/2014Seriously can't tell you how much I enjoyed this place. Food was good, table side guacamole though was awesome. I make guac at home, but never this good. Service was excellent and very attentitive. Do expect to pay a little more than your neighborhood TexMex spot. 2 bar drinks, guacamole, and two entrees with tip set me back $90+.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mexican food/healthy optionsRitaDined on 7/15/2014The food was great! The table side quak was to die for and the margaritas were fresh made with fresh lime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Poor service, mediocre food. Not worth the miner and quite honestly I've eaten better at Chipotle
- Hecho in FresnoHechointhe559Dined on 7/13/2014Our dining experience was great as a party of 7 our first night, we returned for dinner on another night of our stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Attentive StaffJojoDined on 7/11/2014Wow the staff there was amazing. They were informed of our schedule and acting on it promptly. With there help we made our show on time. Great service. Great food. My only regret is not having more time there. We will be going back to enjoy a relaxing meal. Thanks again for your service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican food in Vegas!aalva024Dined on 7/7/2014This was some of the best Mexican food Ive had. The house margaritas were super stromg and delicious. I would definitely reccomend this to anyone who wanted awesome Mexican food and a classy dininf experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican on a Mass ScaleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014There is nothing unique about Hecho. Diego's was much better in regard to atmosphere and quality of service and food. We had to wait to order, then waited for our drinks. Chips were the kind out of a bag. The guacamole at the table was good! I was extremely disappointed in the restaurant.
- DELICIOUSRokkiDined on 7/3/2014The shrimp and whitefish enchiladas are sublime! The service is friendly and efficient.
- MattVIPDined on 7/1/2014Hecho was a nice break from the high-pressure, haute dining scene at the Vegas casinos. Casual, but still nicely done!
- Just rightRokkiDined on 6/30/2014Terrific tamales. Good food, tastefully presented. Efficient, cheerful service. What's not to like? We're going back to try the enchiladas tomorrow!
- Average Mexican foodJosbobDined on 6/25/2014This successor of Diego promised to have modern style and good quality Mexican food. However, this is not really the case. Very salty salsa. The enchilladas were quite average with also too much salt. The chicken fajitas was better and tasty. Margarita was nothing special. Outdoor seating is in the middle of the hustle and bustle of MGM Grand and is nice. Personnel was not very friendly. After a conversation, it was much better. Expensive too. We miss Isla, which disappeared from TI. Hecho should at least have similar standards.Special Features:
- Yummy authenticky Mexican at MGMBaldnhungryDined on 6/21/2014Hecht enVegas was very busy the night I went, so service was a little slow, but waiter's recommendation of the shrimp and chile chiccarone was right on. The tamales were excellent as well. Good, real Mexican food, just slightly Americanized.Special Features:
- Huge portions!lvlocalDined on 6/20/2014Chips and salsa were excellent as were the margaritas. They were expensive, but they did come in a pint glass! :) Over all please with food and service, but it was very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food reservations a missDineinvegas21Dined on 6/19/2014We made a reservation but still waited for a table as they did not have a table large enough to accommodate our reservation. This was not acceptable so they said we could have a table for five but would need to eat in 45 mins as the area we would be sitting in was set up for a large party. Our reservation was handled poorly. We did end up working it out and had a great time with the waiter and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceSDebruyneDined on 6/19/2014I planned a special dinner to celebrate the accomplishments of my team. Our experience was incredible, from the management who stopped by to check in, to our server Leo who took excellent care of us. The food was fantastic. I want to thank everyone at Hecho for making our special occasion one we will all remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The menu was confusing and help from the waiter/waitress would help customers to better understand their choices. The food itself was over priced for the amount given. The waiting staff seems to tend to the customer fairly well. Overall it was a less than stellar dining experience and not great.
- Food was great.Luv2eatDined on 6/8/2014The food was authentic Mexican and very good. The service left a little to be desired. There are no salt and pepper shakers on the table and when I asked for some the waiter acted like I was asking for something they didn't have and took forever to find any. He was not very friendly and hardly said 2 words. Maybe I just caught him on a bad night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedcarolineDined on 6/7/2014We had booked Hecho based on the reviews on Open Table, but were very disappointed. We had to send food back as it was cold, my friend had to send hers back a second time as the second meal was also luke warm (the manager comp'd her meal). The presentation/flavor gave the impression that the food had been prepared in advance and then re-heated. It was fast food at restaurant prices. We had booked Nobu and Hecho, and decided to go for Hecho as it was in the same venue as a concert we were attending. Big mistake.
- Many good thingsmgkendraDined on 6/4/2014Service was outstanding by being quick and friendly...food had great taste and flavor...nice 'happening' atmosphere...chips and salsa plentiful...table side guac was really good...only negative was small dinner plate portions (we had the combo plate and tamale dish).Special Features:
- Over pricedunprepared4vegasDined on 5/26/2014Over priced like all of Las Vegas. Food didn't stand out. Me and my wife had 3 items off the "happy hour" menu. Street Tacos which came out as 3 tiny tacos, like kid size. Had the chimi experience, also three tiny size bites. The chimis did have a nice flavor but after two bites they are history. Also had the guacamole, which may have been the only decent item on the happy hour menu. All drinks are not half price as I found out when the bill arrived and having been charged $8 for a pint of beer. Chalk it up to being a Vegas newbie.
- ExcellentSandMDined on 5/22/2014Great food, great service! Personable Wait Staff.Special Features:
- Excellent!brb89148Dined on 5/17/2014I wanted to try Hecho en Vegas since it's related to El Charro in Tucson and I'm a huge fan of El Charro. The food was excellent. They really put a modern hip twist to traditional dishes. I had the tamales, they were so good almost as good as my mom's home made tamales. it definitely is up there in price range but it was worth it, the atmosphere was great, the staff was friendly and attentive. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- excellentgrandeDined on 5/16/2014The food was excellent. Portions were large. Our waiter "Jose" was so friendly and very amiable. Funny guy, made you feel very comfortable. $5.00 margaritas...can't beat that. Dessert was great.Special Features:
- YummyDined on 5/12/2014Had a fun evening at Hecho en vegas. Started with an appetizer of bacon wrapped shrimp and chese stuff jalapeños- excellent and different than usual appetizers at Mexican places. The server highly recommended the fajitas and they were quite good but the star of the night was the burger, topped with a cheese stuffed chili relleno- great combination of flats and textures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our mealBlazerDined on 5/12/2014Good drinks and above average food. Guacamole is an excellent starter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.