Heavy Seas Alehouse
1300 Bank St
Baltimore, MD 21231Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Heavy Seas Alehouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://heavyseasalehouse.com/
- Phone: 410-753-1403x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs 5:30pm to 9:30pm full dinner menu. Bar HH at 4pm.
Fri & Sat 12:00pm to 5pm full lunch menu
Fri & Sat 5pm to 10pm full dinner menu.
Sun Brunch/Lunch 11am to 4pm; 4pm to 9pm dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Seeber
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call for details.
- Special Events: We hold special dinners and tastings throughout the year and are also available for private parties.
We have nightly specials and happy hour specials.
Tuesday: Draft Day, $3.50 select drafts, $14 fills & refills
Early Dining Special 5:30-6:45pm daily
Warm Chicory Salad
smoked bacon, blue cheese and a poached egg
Grilled Flatiron Steak
asparagus wrapped in prosciutto, creamy potato gratin
House- baked Chocolate -Walnut Brownie
served warm with vanilla ice cream am and brownie nibs
9/18 Fall Style Beers $25 Tickets & info here-> http://heavyseasalehouse.com/product/fall-style-beers/
10/2 Oktoberfest Tasting $25 Tickets & Info here-> http://heavyseasalehouse.com/product/oktoberfest-beer-tasting-prod/
A word from Heavy Seas Alehouse
Heavy Seas Alehouse is a place where sailors tell stories but pyrates make legends! It is high time fans of Heavy Seas Beer are able to experience Baltimore’s best and locally owned craft brewery in its own ship. Our menu features fresh and seasonal ingredients that we source locally whenever possible. The dishes are simple in appearance with bold and assertive flavors that stand up to the intense beers we are known for…ARRRRGGGHHHH! The Alehouse is located in the Tack Factory building and combines the charm and character of the historic space with the bold industrial elements reminiscent of the Holland Tack Factory that occupied the building for more than 90 years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Heavy Seas Alehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (17)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (12)special occasion (9)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Drink but don't eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food we ordered did not come with sides advertised on the menu- no explanation or apology. Getting our waitress to pay attention was a challenge. Great beer and drinks so if you're just looking for that you'll like this place. Skip the meal though...Special Features:
- Ale house diningBalravensrnum1Dined on 9/13/2014We had dinner with friends in the restaurant near Little Italy. They just released their Greater Pumpkin Ale which was phenomenal. Service was poor and unfortunately our waitress just did not pay us much attention. We would have ordered more beers if she checked in more often. Some of the other servers were very attentive and picked up the slack. Food was great, try the caramel old bay popcorn, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Find!Jess6521Dined on 9/11/2014A friend and I went out for an impromptu visit to scope out for a group event we are planning. The staff was exceptional and the food was nothing less. The atmosphere was perfect and their group dining spaces are very nice also. We will be back for a group event next month and ongoing! Try the Pumpkin brew...ah-mazing! We sampled many appetizers and crab cakes were excellent...all food was awesome...Special Features:
- Amazing Food & Great Service!KBDinesDined on 9/6/2014Went with a group of 9 and had an outstanding experience. The waitress made an extra effort to split the checks, and was awesome at bringing food and drinks out. Almost all of us had sandwiches/ burgers, and all were outstanding!Special Features:
- Beer DinnerfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 8/29/2014The server was wonderful. The food was all very good. I would classify this as craft brewery restaurant and it won't disappoint. Nice selection of very good beers and better than average food to go with it.Special Features:
- What a great bar should bedvandreliVIPDined on 8/22/2014I come here whenever I'm in town. Timmy the bartender is awesome, he remembered me from 3 years ago when I used to live here. I always talk about the awesome beers, food, service, and ambiance when I think fondly of one of my favorite bars in the world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialJustanotherguyDined on 8/9/2014Went there for a special occasion. Neither the staff nor the food made us feel special. Normal fair. Similar to Houlihan's, with less choices. The positive is that it is off the beaten path.
- Yum!KateKDined on 8/9/2014The food here is delicious and so are the beers! Service was a little slow, but worth the wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemoriesMandyDined on 7/29/2014Invited an out of town friend there for dinner with our kids and everyone has an amazing time! Very well done!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wowhawkDined on 7/28/2014Had a great time love there beer and there restaurant. very friendly The food was very good and filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely returnPhoenix094Dined on 7/19/2014Overall experience was great. Server was a little slow on drink refills and one member of the party with special dietary needs had difficulty worth getting her order for correctly, but they fixed it quickly. The fries are a must have, the smoked paprika really sets them apart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudChrisVIPDined on 7/16/2014You are looking for a place to have dinner conversation, forget about it. This place is very noisey. The food is not bad, but nothing special.Special Features:
- Good beer cocktails, food just okjdd21218VIPDined on 7/14/2014Always loved this place - we were there for its opening night - but this visit was really disappointing. Limited Monday menu wasn't noted on opentable, so a special dinner with mom turned into just oysters & apps - and waited almost an hour for those in a mostly empty bar. Friendly server, slow kitchen. It's good for what it is, but don't make our mistake of giving up reservations at Woodberry Kitchen or Brewers Art & thinking that this is in the same league.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious cocktailscocmDined on 7/5/2014The beer cocktails are delicious. Had a pretty good meat and cheese plate. My husband loved his burger. I had the scallops meal, which was ok although a little over-salted. That's probably what I get for ordering fancier food in an alehouse though--seems like the more casual bar-type food is better. Service was great. Had a delicious beer float for dessert, which they specially concocted for me from ingredients from two other desserts. Restaurant is decorated well with a really cool courtyard with games and picnic tables. We will return, although I'll order differently next time.Special Features:
- food great service terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/4/2014the food is always great and the beer fantastic. but on July 4 service was terrible. the waitress must have been also covering tables outside but she would disappear for long periods of time and forgot drink orders, etc. then we had to track her down to get the check.
- Birthday delight!FoodieWannabeDined on 6/30/2014I came here for my birthday with 9 other people and had a great time! The food was pretty good, the only issue we had was that the bacon was forgotten on two of our burgers. The service was mediocre, the restaurant was basically empty yet our server would go missing for long periods of time. This is my second time coming to Heavy Seas and I really do like it, obviously the beer is great and the atmosphere is very fun.Special Features:
- Repeat customerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/27/2014Heavy Seas is very convenient to where we live, and it is consistently good. We loved the duck poutine last time we were there, and were kind of sad that it wasn't on the menu any more, but we got the BBQ pork poutine, and it was also very good. For an entree I had salt roasted salmon; it's a very solid dish, with potatoes and asparagus and mini-squashes to accompany the fish. My friends both had burgers, and really enjoyed them. It was pretty busy, but not too overcrowded, and the waitstaff was very good.Special Features:
- A great findMMSGrandmaVIPDined on 6/21/2014Bar atomsphere, but definitely not bar food. I had salmon that was delicious. Enjoyed the place.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationEDawgDined on 6/14/2014I must say I was impressed from the start. First, management did a great job in fitting my group of 15 in without restrictions on my group is too small nor too big. Booking parties that size can be challenging in Baltimore. The food was delicious. Kobe burger was great. Service - just ok! Waitress's was a bit spacey. Nice girl though. Overall, definitely try this one! Tip- parking garage is across the street! 4 bucks, best deal in town :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Cocktails but Limited Menubohbecca23Dined on 6/14/2014Though a limited/specialty menu, the food is tasty and there are very unique cocktails to sip on. It would be nice to a have a wider variety of food available on the menu and at a more reasonable price - I was disappointed in paying $4 for the "mixed greens," which arrived on a VERY small plate, but the mussels and onion rings were very delicious. The specialty cocktails seemed a tad over-priced (almost $9 for not that large of a glass), but were good. Our waitress did hook us up with a free round of shots (for 4 people) since we were there for a bachelorette party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Beer, & ServiceJesseDined on 6/14/2014Went out to eat for a "night-before" Father's Day dinner. Great seating option outside in the courtyard with the kids, so they wouldn't bother anybody. Food was delicious and the beer, well always tasty. Had a great night out with the family thanks to some excellent service at Heavy Seas. Not the first time we've been there, and it definitely won't be the last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night SpotOklahomagriffinsDined on 6/5/2014Read about Heavy Seas in the local paper and promised my husband I'd take him there for dinner. Great service, great beer selection( my husband's favorite part). We went during the week so it was not busy so our service was swift. We had the mussels --delicious. And the lamb chops and the salmon --all delicious. Would definitely return but will stick to the nights during the week. Since it's a bar I'm pretty sure it gets kind of crowded on the weekends. One small issue... We wanted to order dessert and we were told that the kitchen was closed and it wasn't even 10 o'clock. I thought they didn't close until 12mn ?!! Overall a great place just the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool, historic place!VacationCarlDined on 5/31/2014Kobe burger was great, just a tad expensive. The Heavy Seas beers are what brought me in and they did not disappoint. Cool, historic building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great followup to the brewery tourbensmom1113Dined on 5/31/2014Me and my husband decided to go to the Heavy Seas Brewery Tour and realized they have their own restaurant too! Food was great! Service was great! Will definitely go back in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer!!epicurejaneDined on 5/27/2014A wide selection of unique beers that you won't find anywhere else. Had the cask beer which is not listed on the menu, but the waitress was excellent in recommending them. When I first tried chocolate stout with another brewery, didn't like it coz it was kind of bitter but heavy seas' chocolate stout is surprisingly smooth and with a lot of layered flavor. Hush puppies were great. Definitely coming back for their burger and beer special on Thursday night.Special Features:
- Great food to match beer selectionStaceyf77Dined on 5/24/2014I went to Heavy Seas Alehouse with my husband and in-laws to celebrate multiple May birthdays. The food was excellent. I got the Kobe style burger. Others got the Kobe style burger, regular burger and cuban sandwich, and they raved about their meals as well. Our server that evening was great. She was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and took great care in explaining the Heavy Seas beer selection to us. I highly recommend checking this place out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 178 reviews are from the Heavy Seas Alehouse reviews archive.
- Thursday night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/15/2014We have been to Heavy Seas before. I really like the vegetarian platter, even though I'm not a vegetarian. We also ordered the duck poutine, which was really good.Special Features:
- First and last time here.sparkDined on 5/11/2014There was no hostess when we walked in and had to wait to be seated when the restaurant was empty. The food did not reach our expectations--not even the slightest. Crab cakes were flat and burnt, risotto was gross and the French fries served were all burnt pieces that tasted old. For a place that wasn't even busy, the food was very poor and the service was very slow. I will not be coming back here and will not recommend coming here either. If I could I would give it ZERO stars.Special Features:
- Paired!ChuckY1955Dined on 5/8/2014Knew the name for the beer, but learned lots about great food on first visit, which will definitely not be the last... Oysters spectacular. Kobe beef burger, smoked gouda, jalopena bacon... Just spectacular. The Peg Leg stout every time!Special Features:
- They've Had Better Nights...HappyFunMilesVIPDined on 4/25/2014I've had some truly wonderful meals at Heavy Seas, but they missed the mark on our most recent visit. Our server was badly overmatched, at one point pulling out her pad to take our order, then darting off to another table. She was perpetually apologetic, lamenting that "this was the busiest night we've had in months." My wife loved her rib-eye steak. They know how to do meat at Heavy Seas. My mom enjoyed her vegetarian plate, but noted the onions came out cold. My "house-made spaghetti"? Not so good. My expectations were part of the problem- I was expecting a plate of pasta. Instead, I got what was even announced by the runner as a bouillabaisse. I've had better meals at Heavy Seas. Hopefully just an off-night, not the start of a trend.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/20/2014Food was very good; just what we wanted for an Easter Brunch. Service was a little slow; might have been the Holiday team.Special Features:
- monthly kids brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014We went for an Easter Egg hunt as open table write up stated good for kids brunch on Easter. One of the servers told us that once a month they plan a kid friendly event. She said in May they were planning an ice cream social. It took a long time for the food to arrive, but that may have been due to the egg hunt.Special Features:
- Family friendlyKeelbryDined on 4/20/2014We went to Heavy Seas for Easter brunch and had a wonderful time. The staff gave us a friendly welcome and immediately brought us to our set up table. The waitstaff was knowledgable about both the food and beer menues. The food was excellent, very we'll prepared, generous without overbearing portions. The kids menu was especially exceptional. The chicken fingers were freshly prepared and the grilled cheese was made on delicious multigrain bread. My kids loved participating in their Easter Egg hunt! We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that greatMotiv8rDined on 4/17/2014I was expecting something like an Iron Hill or Victory. Not close to either in terms of service and food quality, but their beers are great!
- Great meetup placeJManucciDined on 4/10/2014Great to meetup with friends for a casual dinner and some good beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. Service wasannonDined on 3/21/2014Food was great. Service was slow and our unknowledgeable. I think he may have been new? ?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMoverDined on 3/8/2014Had previously enjoyed a mid-afternoon stop here on a Sunday afternoon. While we enjoyed the eclectic mix of patrons and quality of the food, service was slow and the noise level was much to high to be able to enjoy a conversation. It also made it very difficult to hear our waitress. Granted, we are probably in the upper end of the age group there that night, so noise was an issue for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgerRuxton4dinnerVIPDined on 3/7/2014Table was ready when we arrived. Server was knowledgable and attentive but not too much so. Fun, not very expensive meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always the bar is jumping,TimboVIPDined on 3/1/2014As always the bar is jumping, the beer is excellent, great food and the parking easy. Will come back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place ROCKED my worldonourway2BWIDined on 2/22/2014My family and I were looking for a fun yet laidback place to eat on our way to a hotel near BWI. This place was amazing. Their beer selection was limited but what they had on there they did well (HIGHLY recommend the Heavy Seas Small Craft Warning Über Pils). Not only was the beer great, but the food was OUT OF THIS WORLD. The onion rings (which we got as an appetizer) were as big as doughnuts and just as delicious. The burger was seriously the BEST I've ever had with a very high quality meat. The Cuban sandwich was also great, although my husband and I split each of those items and he was seriously regretting that he had to part with half of his burger). Ambiance and atmosphere as well as the architecture of the building were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.