Heartland Brewery Chophouse
127 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Heartland Brewery Chophouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.heartlandbrewery.com/
- Phone: 6463660235
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Dulal Uddin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Heartland offers cuisine from our Chophouse menu or tastings from our imaginative Chef's own creations.
- Special Events: Allow Heartland to host your next Special Event. We are the consumate professional when it comes to hosting that one special function. Heartland takes pride in welcoming all events of any size.
A word from Heartland Brewery Chophouse
A NEW American Classic, "Heartland Brewery & Chop House”, is a welcoming American Restaurant and Brewery. Featuring a contemporary American "Chop House" menu, including Prime Aged Steaks, Chops, Shellfish and Fresh Pastas. Being a Brewery, Heartland Brewery and Chop House produces a variety of different "Award Winning" House and Seasonal Blends with a touch of American ingenuity, available only at Heartland Brewery Chop House.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Heartland Brewery Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (40)great for lunch (25)vibrant bar scene (21)kid-friendly (17)neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (12)late-night find (10)hot spot (10)great for brunch (3)special occasion (2)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Heartland Brewery ChophouseDisappointedDined on 10/18/2014I was disappointed in the portions...ordered the cob salad which was very, very small and I paid additional money for canned shrimp!! I eat out all the time and have never, ever gotten canned shrimp when ordering a salad extra. Grilled, larger shrimp is the norm. The waiter and the manager were ok about it and the extra cost was taken off the check, but the canned shrimp should be removed from the kitchen and grilled shrimp should be added in its place. The filet mignon the other diner odered was ok and the steak sandwhich was good. I'm guessing this restaurant would be good for burgers and fries.Special Features:
- Don't eat; just drink.NikattheTableDined on 10/11/2014Poor service. Tried to race us through for our entire meal probably because it is in the Times Square area. But, they kept forgetting our orders. Who ever heard of a "chophouse" that does not have fresh ground pepper?! Or that does not ask how you want your steak done? The beer is good. I would recommend the bar but not having dinner or a meal there.
- TouristfoodieDined on 10/11/2014Had a reservation here on a Saturday night. The table was ready for us and the service was great. Attentive, quick, and friendly. The onion rings are fabulous. Everyone in the party had a good time, at a good price for Times Square location.Special Features:
- DuffyDuffyDined on 10/10/2014The worst food I.ve had in a restaurant in NYC in several years. Overlooked, tasted like leftovers . Very expensive for quality taste.
- Second VisitPattiDined on 10/5/2014Enjoyed a delicious steak after a Sunday Broadway show. Consistent and delicious steak, mashed potatoes, and beer at an affordable price. Efficient service gives time to enjoy a relaxed meal before catching the train home to PA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!TravelgalDined on 10/4/2014We are visiting from California and everything from the food to the service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeDanLMDined on 10/4/2014My wife was in a wheelchair. The staff were very accommodating to find her a good place to sit. The beer (Oatmeal Stout and IPA) were great. Steaks were prepared well and were tasty. The onion rings were fantastic.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/30/2014good pre theatre food is fine quitter when early eveningSpecial Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 9/29/2014A brew pub with good proprietary beers. The food is adequate, not much more. But Heartland Brewery Chophouse is in the theater district, with moderate prices for its neighborhood and swift service. That makes it a convenient and acceptable pre-theater restaurant. If you're not going to the theater, though, the restaurant has nothing special to offer.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We arrived at the restaurant early due to having to be dropped by our tour bus at a corner, the traffic jam we were in would have prevented us from keeping our reservations. We were well greeted and in 10 minutes we had our table and ready to have dinner. We were very impressed with the service. Thank YouSpecial Features:
- good for kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Restaurant was very well decorated and service was outstanding. We were not pleased with the food. I ordered a filet mignon medium rare and it came very rare. I asked that it be heated slightly and it came back well done! My husband had the buffalo burger medium and it was red inside as well.Special Features:
- Love this place!ATrueFoodieDined on 9/25/2014I took my mom and sister to the location on W 43rd St. while visiting NY, before seeing a play. The hostesses, wait staff, ambiance and food were excellent! We recommended this restaurant to our family and friends and will visit again when we are back in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre-theatre dining!SarahVIPDined on 9/24/2014We love their hamburgers (some of the best we've ever had) and onion rings. Varied menu makes everyone happy! Heartily recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky findGNOprezDined on 9/20/2014Literally stumbled upon this place while avoiding a concert in Times Square. Everything my group ordered I got a bite of and all was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for group, great locationSummerInCityDined on 9/20/2014I reserved a table for 6 people, but was sure that a few more would be joining. The host was very accommodating and flexible. The food is good and plentiful. Our table had fish and chips (good), burgers (good), tuna salad (looked really good). All portions are large! The place is very close to Time Square, but service was excellent and readily available for whatever we needed. We had an 8-year old boy at the table, and the restaurant was kid-friendly with a kids menu. The beers are varied and were sampled by the group. The restaurant is noisy, but we were able to hold a good conversation throughout dinner. It's a large, busy place. I've eaten there multiple times, usually in a group sized 6-20 and the Brewery is very good place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heartland Brewary fit the billLovetoeatoutVIPDined on 9/10/2014We were looking for a good restaurant close to the Stephen Sondheim theater, and Heartland Brewery fit the bill. Although our 5:00 reservation was for four people, plans changed and we were expecting 2 more people to meet us midway through the meal. The hostess was very accommodating about sitting us at a larger table, even though the whole party wasn't there yet. The menu had something for everyone. I enjoyed the Beer voyage, with my friends sipping and tasting, too. The fried pickles were a revelation. The ribs were melt in your mouth tender and my friends said the salmon with wasabi drizzle was one of the best they've ever had. Prices were reasonable. We'd go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantbelgiumDined on 9/6/2014we choose the restaurant because it was near our hotel. We were there twice. We loved the ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great after play lunch/early dinnerkogsDined on 9/3/2014Perfect find for after an afternoon play to have a late lunch/early dinner. Food was very good and the service excellent. Would recommend and return againSpecial Features:
- Disappointmentmac1Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I went to Chophouse with high hopes. We left with a feeling of disappointment. Our waiter was only interested in turning the table; he rushed us to order, never checked in after our meal was served by someone else, and in general couldn't have been less attentive or interested in our experience.
- enjoyed our meallachancesareDined on 8/30/2014while the restaurant was nothing special in the way of its food, we did receive excellent service and the location, directly accross the street from the Sondheim Theater where we headed after dinner was excellent.
- Perfect pre-show dinnerhumelDined on 8/23/2014Excellent, friendly service, slick and fast without pressuring us to hurry, this was ideal for a prix-fixe meal before we went to a show that night. It's not fine dining but it's good quality, hearty food, flavoursome and well-cooked, in a buzzing but not overwhelming atmosphere - and, naturally, the beer is excellent! The starters were huge but the other two courses were more sensibly sized.Special Features:
- Great After Broadway DinningVictorDined on 8/17/2014Food was great with reasonable pricing. The home brew beer was outstanding and Key Lime Pie is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DInnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Food was just ok. Burgers had no flavor and med rare one came out very rare. This is not a place I would run back to.
- CDM70Dined on 8/15/2014Nice place to go to grab some great beers! The food was great and also the staff.Special Features:
- Great Pre-theater DiningBG45Dined on 8/15/2014We were looking for a place near the theaters, with a varied menu and reasonable prices. This is it. Four of us, each with different wants and need regarding food choices, found something that we all loved. Many burger choices, plus main courses, salads, appetizers. Plus a tempting selection of desserts. We passed on them this time, but maybe the next visit.Special Features:
- Pleasant Broadway DiningdecaryDined on 8/13/2014Great affordable place with excellent food. Perfect before a Broadway show. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceShowanddinnerDined on 8/9/2014We had an early dinner and everything was great. The service was wonderful and the food was really good. The price was perfect. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brewpub in Times SquareKellyDDined on 8/3/2014I was glad to find this relatively calm place in the middle of the hubbub of Times Square and the theater district. I went there because I'm a craft beer fan and wanted to try something local-ish during the very limited time I had durin my visit from Minneapolis. The house beers were on the good side of solid and I'm glad I had the chance to try them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst meal I have ever hadarh2447Dined on 7/26/2014Words can not describe how terrible of an experience we and I had at this "brewery". My fiance got a flight of their beers and all of them were the worst examples of each type of beer. One was so malty that there was not even the slightest hint of hops. For a brewery they did a terrible job. With the food they did a worse job then the beer. For our appetizer we got the nachos. The chili was extremely sweet, the chips were soggy when it arrived, and there was a small sprinkling of cheese on top. Very very sad nachos. We both had ribs after. They were over cooked, swimming in sauce, and tasted of nothing but black pepper. We took one bite and could not eat it. The saddest thing was the server knew it was bad. NEVER GO TO THIS PLACE
- Not a chophouseVoulaVIPDined on 7/13/2014If you like Chili's, then this is your place. The hostess was incredibly rude prior to seating us in a half-full restaurant. The hostess wanted us to sit at the bar if we only wanted to drink. I'd like to know why we can't sit at a table right next to the bar for drinks (note: we did end up getting an appetizer). Our waiter was really great, though. He was so laid back and tried to make up for the hostess' rudeness. I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Overcooked steak. Appetizer came out with our meal. Warm beer.
- Surprising...justmeDined on 7/11/2014Overall, a very good meal/experience and will go back again. Only one person at the table ordered steak which was okay, but under-seasoned. The fish tacos were outstanding and the vegetarian at the table loved the pasta with eggplant. Just surprising the meat wasn't the favorite entree at a chophouse. Also, kudos to our waiter who actually told the truth when asked about the fish & chips...while normally a standout, the dish received several complaints the night before and new supplies had not been received. Between the good food and the good will earned by our waiter, I will definitely return in the future.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodJunkfoodjunkieDined on 7/6/2014Very good selection of food and drinks. Loved the Pretzel...HUGESpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/27/2014Convenient theater district spot. Very noisy and crowded bar. Reliably good food. Overworked waitstaff.Special Features:
- The following 477 reviews are from the Heartland Brewery Chophouse reviews archive.
- Great time for lunchJimTDined on 6/21/2014Went here before a play and was pleasantly surprised by the menu (apps, sandwiches & brews). Our server, Adam, helped us choose the best "new customers" selections. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, close to theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/18/2014Good food and wa sclose to theater. Ordred the pre fixe meal. Nice choices, tasted good. Waitress seemed to be rushed and while taking various orders or asking questions always spoke fast as she was walking away. Only slow thing was waiting for dessert which arrived after she gace us the bill. casual, nice, although a bit disturbed as I saw roachs in restroom after my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairgoodenoughtoeatVIPDined on 6/18/2014Fair food, small portions and overanxious wait staff who wanted to remove our plates while still eating.
- Lively atmosphereLotusVIPDined on 6/13/2014Heartland Brewery is a chain restaurant similar to a Houlihans, but slightly more upscale. It has an extensive beer list and a large menu of choices. The food was very good and came rather quickly. The waitress was extremely attentive and we never needed to ask for refills. I've been to the other locations and I prefer the theater district one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014My husband, myself and our daughter visited NY over the weekend! We were pleasantly surprised to find your restaurant on line, and able to make reservations with ease. We found our selection of meals fantastic, I especially enjoyed your Filet Mignon Au Poive! It was superb!! Service was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/4/2014I have been to the Heartland chain many times before and will go again. However, Chophouse my least favorite; very limited beverage and food menu with overpriced, mediocre food. Acoustics bad too; very loud. I should have known better than to go to the Times Square touristy location but I was with a few colleagues and it was convenient to all.Special Features: