130 South Ridge St.
Breckenridge, CO 80424Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hearthstonerestaurant.biz/
- Phone: 9704531148x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner from 5pm / seven nights a week
(if handicap access is needed, please request downstairs seating)
Daily Happy Hour 4pm to 6pm in the lounge
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Halpin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For parties of 20 people or more dining at the Hearthstone Restaurant, we have created several unique menus. These menus accommodate a variety of different price ranges, and we are pleased to customize them to suit any occasion. To book a large party or special function, please contact Jen Cawley.
- Private Party Contact: Jen Cawley 9704531023x
- Special Events: For parties of 20 people or more, we have created several unique menus. These menus accommodate a variety of different price ranges and we are pleased to customize them to suit any occasion. To book your special event, call Jen @ 970.453.1023.
A word from Hearthstone Restaurant
Located in a historic, 120-year-old Victorian home in the heart of Breckenridge, the Hearthstone Restaurant, has been a locals' favorite since 1989 for wild game, fresh seafood, and hand-cut steaks all creatively prepared by our talented culinary team.Continued
Our extensive and reasonably priced wine list has received the Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence" annually since 1997.
Our extensive and reasonably priced wine list has received the Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence" annually since 1997.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Hearthstone Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Breckenridge ›
Hearthstone Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)romantic (61)scenic view (46)fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (38)notable wine list (32)great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (12)hot spot (7)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- CindyDined on 8/25/2014If you're going to Breckenridge- Hearthstone must be at top of your list, for a fine dining experience. Surely one of the highlights of our trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Our dinners were over the top excellent. We had salmon and sea scallops. Our waiter was attentive and informative. The ambiance is so quant and nice and the view adds to it as well. The music doesn't seem quite right but maybe it's for the bar upstairs. All in all, a great experience.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014We have eaten at Hearthstone at least 10 times in the past 15 years. This is the first time we left feeling disappointed with our meal. My husband sent back his fish and my elk was overdone. Server was very nice about getting my husband a different entree, we are just used to going here and having everything taste wonderful.
- special nightejjeDined on 8/21/2014Enjoying Breck we wanted atmosphere, great wine and excellent food. Hearthstone provided all to our satisfaction. Service was exemplary allowing time to enjoy cocktails and leisurely meal.Special Features:
- Just blah...ColoradoGirlVIPDined on 8/19/2014We go to Breckenridge quite a bit, first time at Hearthstone and we were excited to try it based on great reviews/ratings in OpenTable and Yelp. The service was very good, the decor (fussy Victorian) lacks sophistication but is fine. The dining room was VERY noisy. It was difficult to have a conversation. I could have gotten over the noise and lame interior design, but the food was a total disappointment. Everything we had was under seasoned; the flatbread crust was especially tough, dry, and bland.
- Excellent Meal & ServicehappyaokDined on 8/17/2014Food was delicious. All four of us ordered different items and all very pleased! Our waiter Frank was very nice and attentive without being intrusive. (Sally the bartender made a delicious drink and was very pleasant.) We would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Breckfoodluver51Dined on 8/15/2014We dined at several restaurants in Breckenridge and Hearthstone was our clear favorite. We shared succulent lamb and one of my favorites of all time, the Blackberry Elk. Amazing! It is located in a charming old Victorian house. Sarah provided superb service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!MidwestMountainLoversDined on 8/14/2014Probably the best rack of lamb we have ever had! Elk was great too and highly recommend the lemon poppyseed cheesecake. Arrived early for reservation and sat at the bar for drinks. Bartender was very helpful on wine selection and funny to watch as the bar was very busy. Will definitely be back this winter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteWeluvBreckDined on 8/14/2014We visit Breckenridge every summer and the Hearthstone is a favorite of ours. We love the atmosphere and the food is always excellent. I had a delicious soup made from our own Colorado Olathe corn and it was fabulous. There is some construction going on right across the street right now which takes away from the beauty of the neighborhood but that is to be expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best VacationRockiesDined on 8/13/2014I had my best vacations of my life in Breckenridge, Co, but eating at this place certainly was not part of it. I expected better. The food was ok, the place needs some serious upgrade and the waitresses need more training.Special Features:
- Favorite spotegg3VIPDined on 8/13/2014I have now been to this restaurant 3 times and make it a point to eat here when I vacation in Breckenridge. I have never been disappointed - the food is always wonderful, staff are very nice, and the atmosphere is so charming. I would highly recommend eating here!!!Special Features:
- Dinner at the HearthstonebreckescapeDined on 8/10/2014great choice of drinks and small plates for appetizers for happy hour outside or upstairs. Had the lamb shank for dinner and it was wonderful. Great views of the mountain and sunset. Interesting choices on menu-Elk/Lamb They were running the $30 special for dinner. Large portions, could barely finish the crème brulle.Special Features:
- JosephDined on 8/6/2014Outstanding excellence, fabulously trained wait staff, and a very creative chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurantOkieFoodiesDined on 8/4/2014We went here while on a romantic weekend and celebrating my wife's birthday. The service was excellent and the food was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!!NancyMDined on 8/1/2014This was our first trip to Breckenridge, and we wanted a quiet but extra special place for dinner. The service was attentive but not hovering, the food was beautifully presented and cooked to perfection. Highly recommend the salmon and lamb racks, and the berry bread pudding was incredible. Couldn't say enough about Hearthstone Restaurant. Can't wait to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation delightDrdlmDined on 8/1/2014A highlight of our vacation in Breckenridge was our dinner at Hearthstone. The food was outstanding. We are not wine drinkers, but the wine list was extensive. Service was top notch. We started with a flatbread appetizer that had a wonderful flavor combination. I had the signature lamb dish- absolutely delicious and perfectly cooked. My companions had a buffalo dish and a steak. None of us left disappointed. The service was top notch.Special Features:
- Nice Find!SCSIDDined on 7/30/2014We chose Hearthstone for our anniversary dinner. While I don't have many complaints about the restaurant, I did leave feeling a bit let down. The food was good, no doubt. But I didn't feel like it was great. Part of that may have been due to my choice to step out of my comfort zone and take a risk with a Morroccan-style dish. The meat itself was fantastic...very tender and almost didn't need a knife. I also chose a chile relleno for an appetizer, and the creme brulee for dessert. Again, both were good, but I wouldn't say either was outstanding. As far as the restaurant itself, it's an interesting place. The decor and the music were of two very different styles. I'd probably go back just to give it a second chance.Special Features:
- Great choicePhlangewDined on 7/30/2014A great place to dine. We loved the food, service and ambiance. The beet salad and the lamb shank were great choices. Our waiter had a great recommendation for wine to pair with the lamb. This is place to visit again when we visit breckenridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HearthstoneAndreamw44Dined on 7/25/2014What a wonderful dining experience! The food was INCREDIBLE! The Halibut with watermelon salsa and orzo was delicious. I recommend being seated upstairs where the bar is as it's a little more intimate. Will definitely be back next time I'm in Breck.Special Features:
- Unpleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Sadly the service was terrible. My husband and I almost left twice because the staff was completely ignoring us... I mean just walking by us with no acknowledgement. The restaurant is lucky it has a good chef. The food is absolutely the only reason we stayed. However, we will not be returning and will not be recommending this to friends.
- Every course was fantastic!FoodloverDined on 7/23/2014The menu was filled with great-tasting options and the lamb and elk we ate were phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 13 years excellent!MOS70Dined on 7/21/2014My wife and I have been coming to the Hearthstone for our anniversary for over 13 years now. The menu doesn't change often but the food is excellent and the ambiance is tough to beat if you like Victorian style homes. I never mention when I make a reservation it's our anniversary. Yet someone in the past has noted it in their computer and they always wish us happy anniversary when we arrive. It's the little touches. The wine list isn't the largest but there are enough gems it's not a disappointment by any means. Staff is always friendly and helpful as well, going out of their way to accommodate whenever they can.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and I went here for our anniversary and it was wonderful! Our waiter, Frank, was great! This restaurant is gluten friendly and they are aware of food allergies and accommodate to whatever you need. They gave us complimentary champagne for our anniversary - very nice gesture. The food was delicious. Get the tips and chips appetizer! We ordered the steak and salmon, both yummy! I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- My special restaurantEMcCDined on 7/18/2014I have eaten at the Hearthstone with a variety of friends and at many different times. Everyone is always pleased with a .. The food is always delightful and tasty. Its in an lovely old house. I plan to do back there whenever I am in the Mountains.Special Features:
- NancySGVIPDined on 7/17/2014Nice good restaurant. Not totally out there food wise, but very well prepared dishes. Atmosphere is very nice, romantic and cozy. We had the wagyu flank steak and the filet and both were great. We had the serrano ham asparagus salad and it was great. I felt like we got a second glance when we ordered a glass of the cheapest wine (which we knew, and is awesome), but other than that, service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Elegant dinner for short getawayRoadWarriorAZVIPDined on 7/12/2014My companion and I were only in Breckenridge for one night. Hearthstone was highly recommended on many websites, so we gave it a try. The Colorado Striped bass was excellent--moist and nicely seasoned with a crisp skin. The beet salad and the kale salad were both very good--fresh and a good size for a starter. We also tried the "tips and chips"--the steak tips were so tender you barely had to chew them, but the fries were pretty average. Service was a little too low key, but overall we had a good experience.Special Features:
- Best in town!CME4DIRTDined on 7/11/2014If you are looking for that special place to spend your last night in town, this is the place. Food is great, service is top notch and selection is over the top.Special Features:
- Wonderful!FoodieFanVIPDined on 7/10/2014Our cousins were visiting from Connecticut and we took them to Hearthstone for dinner. Everything was exceptionally good- the food was prepared perfectly and was delicious. Our server, Tracy, was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. She made a great suggestions from the wine selections as well. The ambiance is beautiful- you feel like you are eating in a Victorian house and it is cozy and warm. Many of the table have extraordinary views of the mountains. Overall, a great dining experience and I look forward to returning to Hearthstone in the near future!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014We have always dined at Hearthside for special occasions when we are in town. We made the reservations some time ago to celebrate my wife's birthday and requested a bay window table, thinking that we could get that by reserving early. However, just as we arrived, someone was asking for that table for a later time and we were seated in a corner table which was quite crowded and certainly not the view we thought we were getting. The other major disappointment was that you no longer have trout on the menu and the reason was "we felt it was time to move on to other things". We feel that "when in trout country, serve trout" . We had walleye in Michigan and Minnesota, we expected trout in trout country.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServicenumbhallowDined on 6/28/2014The food was phenomenal and original. I had Blackberry Elk with a side of cream gnocchi and broccoli. Every bite was exploding with flavor and I was very pleased with the service. The only improvement I could suggest would be to have craft beer on tap. The beer selection paled in comparison to the wine list.Special Features:
- SurprisedmtnloverDined on 6/28/2014I had eaten here many years ago and thought it had become a little shabby and over priced. Now I thought it was beautiful and pricey but worth it for a lovely dinner.Special Features:
- Perfect anniversary spotJandaDined on 6/27/2014This restaurant is so perfect for a romantic or special occasion dinner. My husband and I went for our anniversary. The hostess and waitress congratulated us and offered a complimentary champagne toast. Our waitress was very attentive but also friendly. She made great suggestions for drinks and substitutions on the menu. She was more than happy to accommodate any request. The food was incredible and everything on the menu sounded great. The presentation was beautiful. The atmosphere is excellent too. It is a quant old home so it is quiet and romantic. The views are stellar. Highly recommend for your romantic dinner or special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John316Dined on 6/22/2014I love this place! I always dine here when in Breckenridge.Special Features:
- Great servicecoriDined on 6/12/2014We came in for our wedding dinner, just the two of us. We were greeted so warmly by not only the staff but the guests themselves! We were given a table right in the front and center of the beautiful living room-style dining room where we had the best view in the place and a semi-private table. A guest actually bought us a round of champagne! Our server was not only professional and knowledgable, but he was funny and easy to joke around with. We ordered the Elk and the Lamb special - both fantastic. He never pressured us to order anything else like appetizers or dessert when we said we weren't interested, which is huge for us. Even the bread with grey salt butter was awesome. Great find and really wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Excellent, as alwaysDaveVIPDined on 6/11/2014We have been to Hearthstone a number of times and have always had a very positive experience. We had apps, entrees, wine and dessert - all of which were very good. The wine by the glass was quite good, which is not always the case at restaurants. Our server was excellent and attentive. Will we go back? Absolutely.Special Features:
- colonelDined on 6/9/2014Very enjoyable experience. Our seating location had an excellent view of the ski area. Our server Elizabeth was very attentive to our needs. The filet was prepared to our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELIGHTFUL! DELICIOUS!rdneDined on 6/5/2014Food, Service, Ambience--all were great! Noise is always a challenge for me with my poor hearing, and the noise level in this restaurant allowed a good conversation with my friend. After all, a good conversation along with great food is the desired result of a good visit and evening out!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Great Views!BreckFoodieDined on 5/31/2014Always have a great dining experience here! Food is excellent and creative! Not for children.Special Features:
- Hearthsone is always a good choice!catshadowVIPDined on 5/30/2014Our recent visit to Hearthstone was a pleasant and relaxing experience. Our waiter...Dave...was timely and responsive to our needs. We have visited this restaurant numerous times and is a "best bet" for a romantic dinner! We will continue to go back when we are in Breckenridge, CO again!Special Features:
- JbagDined on 5/20/2014Great food great service, good for special occasions ,very expensiveSpecial Features: